Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 2 (25%)
9 0 (0%)
8 2 (25%)
7 1 (12.5%)
6 3 (37.5%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 8
Shippuuden Episode 344 Airs
Topic Started: Jan 9 2014, 09:02 AM (811 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finally back after a break. Obito shows that even after a big trauma, he's still Obito. Nice episode, but the extended flashbacks are getting a bit annoying.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
The flashback was definitely annoying but the animation and smooth movement was great.

This new VA is resembling Naruto well which might be good in the future flashback comparison references.

I don't know if it was the stream I was using but it seemed a bit sharper than before.

Finally... loved the ED ^^

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
Annoying is an understatement. Holy s***, how many times have they shown this same extended flashback already? PIERROT WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

That said, I enjoyed the dynamic between Madara and young Obito as well as the whole "cynical old bastard" thing Madara has going on. Also nice visuals and one of the best EDs I've seen in a very long time.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Good episode, Madara deflecting Naruto's attack and seeing the state of the Kage's was pretty awesome. Flashback started off good, but the reuse of the gaiden flashback was unnecessary. I'll give it an 8/10. Next week's episode is going to be amazing!!

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Definitely could have lived without the extended flashback and seriously hope they don't add any more. These were some of my absolute favorite chapters in the manga and I do not want them to be watered down. I was lukewarm on Obito's reveal as Tobi until this flashback. I think Kishimoto did a beautiful job of making me feel sympathetic towards Obito with these chapters and made Obito one of my favorite characters. Don't screw these up!

Other than that... good episode.

case
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
sooo...did the allied shinobi get stuck in traffic or something?

sounddrops
Member Avatar
you're like a snake expert now.
[ *  * ]
This is silly but,

I thought the anime adaption of the "help old man in the bathroom" line rocked. So quick, but funny.
It works out because seeing his personality, it's fitting without being creepy. Sort of.

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Episode 344 - Obito and Madara
For the first time, Obito and Madara together on the battlefield! Kid Obito's voice was horrible and annoying, really!
And...for the first time, Tobi/Obito Uchiha gets his own ending!!! It's great, I love it!! One of the best, probably...
From the preview, we can't predict anything in the next episode 345. No info about the upcoming episodes yet, I hope the SPECIAL double episode will not be a filler.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Aw lame, they censored Tsunade's bifurcation. Also, I didn't get the point of showing the exact same flashbacks that was in last episode. Naruto is the only anime that does this; show an entire scene instead only the part of the scene that's to the point. I guess Pierrot running one of the most popular long-running anime gives them the right to do whatever they want. 6/10

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Sinedd

From the preview, we can't predict anything in the next episode 345. No info about the upcoming episodes yet, I hope the SPECIAL double episode will not be a filler.

It will be covering 3 chapters, and will be animated by Hiroyuki Yamashita, so you know it's going to be amazing!! Guess they wanted to leave it as a surprise.

The special will be the following week, and cover two chapters total. After that it will be going into the Kakashi filler. Should have the list of animators soon.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
In the previous episode discussion thread I made a comment about how we haven't been constantly shown flashbacks from the Kakashi Gaiden. It would appear as if I jinxed us because of what happened in this episode. The extended flashbacks were a negative aspect of this episode.

The rest of the episode was rather good. It doesn't surprise me that they censored what happened to Tsunade. I think I enjoyed seeing the first meeting between Madara and Obito even more so now than I did when reading this in the manga. Right off the bat you could see Madara trying to manipulate Obito into believing his way of thinking.

It was interesting to see an ending centered around Obito. I'd have to agree with those that feel like this is an excellent ending. I enjoyed the music and animation used. I'll look forward to seeing this play at the end of each episode.

Episode gets a 7.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply