Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate these episodes?
10 - Excellent 3 (33.3%)
9 2 (22.2%)
8 1 (11.1%)
7 2 (22.2%)
6 1 (11.1%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 9
Shippuuden Episode 346 and 347 Air
Topic Started: Jan 23 2014, 11:41 AM (998 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Double episode special.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Episode 346 - World of Dreams

Akatsuki early days. Memento from Yahiko, Konan & Nagato. Obito is meeting for the first time with the Original Akatsuki and tries to influence the organization but fails, claiming to be Madara Uchiha, the legendary shinobi who died long ago.

Episode 347 - Creeping Shadows

Another filler. In these episode we found out new information about Akatsuki unknown members (till now), like Kyusuke & Daibutsu.
Yahiko is a true leader...Jiraiya inspired them.
That Danzo...always creating problems...to think of he wanted to become Hokage. Imagine how things would be if he was Hokage.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
I enjoyed how 347 highlights Danzou's Machiavellian approach to the affairs of the shinobi world. While Yahiko's Akatsuki envisioned a united world, Danzou always envisioned a united world under Konoha; a national dictatorship wouldn't be achieved as easily against the increasingly likely alliance of Amegakure's Hanzou and a powerful organization with a Rinnegan wielder, so he did whatever was necessary to prevent that. This also neatly explains why he double-crosses Hanzou at some point in history, and it's interesting to note that Danzou himself is unwittingly the progenitor of Akatsuki's later crimes. I guess Obito took advantage of the fact that there's always a manipulative party crasher.

Yahiko gets more focus and characterization than anyone else in the special, so those who were expecting these episodes to give Obito the spotlight will probably be left feeling disappointed. Still, it's nice to get a little more background information on the original Akatsuki before it became an antagonistic terrorist organization.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
you're like a snake expert now.
[ *  * ]
I see with the voice switching that it implies the swirly zetzu shell really did brainwash and control Obito for Madara acting as a catalyst for his dark will . Especially noting the last line by zetzu at the end of 347 was directed to Madara and not Obito.

I didn't want this route because I wanted Obito to be an antagonist with no excuses behind it but it's ok, these episodes were amazing I still can't believe we are finally here.
Edited by sounddrops, Jan 24 2014, 11:37 AM.

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
Danzo is one big rat.

Awesome Akatsuki background filler, well I enjoyed it. Great double.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
It's a shame. If it wasn't for Hanzo, Danzo, Obito, and Zetsu, then Yahiko could've turned the ninja world into an amazing place.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Good, not great special. Only real gripe I have is the reuse of flashbacks we've seen before. Madara using his genjutsu to show Obito the moon's eye plan was cool. Also liked seeing a little more of the formation of Akatsuki, and how the came up with the name as Akatsuki means daybreak or dawn. Animation was ok, nothing special. Next weeks will be better. I'll give this one a 7/10.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Episode 346:

I liked the beginning of the episode when Madara's words were going through Obito's head as he grieved over Rin. It showed you first hand why he was swayed over to Madara's way of thinking. I also enjoyed the scene where Madara explained his Eye of the Moon plan.

Getting more of an inside look at the beginning of the Akatsuki organization was great. It was interesting how Yahiko came up with the name and the true meaning behind it. Speaking of which, Yahiko came off as very smart. He knew that Obito wasn't really Madara and he had a feeling Obito only wanted to use them.

The filler scene where Yahiko, Konan and Nagato fought off those other Rain Village ninja was another plus in the episode. Although Yahiko sure did get embarrassed while trying to make his grand speech. That kind of took away from the moment.

Episode 347:

Seeing a young Kakashi and Jiraiya interact was kind of neat. I'm so used to seeing them have conversations with one another as adults. I could have done without seeing flashbacks of material we have seen already. That definitely felt like a time filler.

The skirmish between the Akatsuki and what we believed to be Hidden Stone Village ninja brought about some interesting things. We saw Nagato summon Gedou Mazou and saw more shady moves made by Danzou. Even Obito was in the shadows watching this unfold.

The meeting between Hanzou and Danzou in this episode shed some light on why Hanzou turned his back on the Akatsuki.

Overall the two episodes weren't too shabby. I'll give them a 7.

corinafut14
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
burp
Edited by Lunacy Divine, Feb 25 2014, 10:31 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply