Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 4 (40%)
9 2 (20%)
8 3 (30%)
7 0 (0%)
6 1 (10%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 10
Shippuuden Episode 348 Airs
Topic Started: Jan 30 2014, 04:24 PM (1,025 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Still not sure getting Danzou so heavily filler involved in that mess helps his or Hanzo's characters.

I like getting some Akatsuki details filled in, but they're missing the details I would love to see like the missing bits of the costume change, Nagato deciding "Hey, I need a chair!". Also would love to see him going sick house on Hanzo eventually.

Obito going full on heel against Old School Akatsuki was also pretty weird. I guess it lines up with what he does later, it just seems like there should have been an intermediate step there.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
白蛇
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm not sure how to feel about Obito dirtying his hands by fighting the remainder of Akatsuki. I mean it totally makes sense that he wanted to demonstrate how dreadful the ninja world can get, but for him to be an active participant in Akatsuki's downfall almost cheapens his ideals. The whole point of Madara's philosophy is that the world is a terrible place, and what made his views so effective was that he didn't actually NEED to intervene in the affairs of other people to prove his point and basically just relied on human nature to take its course. Thus, Obito taking matters into his own hands was pretty weird in context of the whole situation. The counterpoint to this is the fact his personality obviously isn't identical to Madara's since Obito was already shown to be more hasty and less patient in his schemes on a number of occasions, so I guess it's feasible that he'd go about things differently.

On the upside, I did enjoy Obito's internal dialogue at the end ("Nagato, Yahiko, Konan. The World of Dreams... I will let you see each other there... without fail."); it's interesting that he personally cared about the trio in his own twisted right and I think it does an excellent job of separating him as a character from Madara, who really just wouldn't have given two s***s about the Hidden Rain orphans either way.

Pretty enjoyable episode.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I enjoyed this episode a lot more than I thought I would from the previews last week. Usually don't care much for reused flashbacks, but I really like the addition with all the Obito stuff, and the original Akatsuki being destroyed and resurrected. It all flowed pretty well together. Action scenes were very good with the combo water prison cement attack, and Obito's using mokuton to kill everyone. Also really like the ending and Konan and Nagato turn to the dark side with Yahiko becoming the Deva Path. Great episode, and really looking forward to the Kakashi Anbu arc starting next week. 9/10
Edited by narutofan85, Jan 30 2014, 10:03 PM.

Guykage
Member Avatar
The beast that defies human understanding
[ * ]
I liked how we got a richer back story on the Akatsuki. If new Naruto filler is going to be about adding content to back stories, i'm all for it. There are so many incomplete back stories in this series in my opinion. For example: We know Orochimaru became obsessed with jutsu after his parents died, but we never see much of Orochimaru as a child. If the manga ever covers Orochimaru as a child in-dept, that would be great. However if that never happens, a small filler like the three Akatsuki episodes would be a good place to tell Orochimaru's back story. Also, i'm hyped for the next Kakashi AMBU story. There is not much information on Kakashi in the Black Ops and the next filler will be an exciting place to tell Kakashi's AMBU story.

"The Mask that Hides the Heart" is the name of the next episode. Will we see what's behind Kakashi's mask? Could he have the Rinnegan? Could he have acne? Could he have braces? Could he have a sexy face? I bet he as the Rinnegan, no way he has a mouth.
Just making a dumb joke in that last part, Kakashi is obviously the Sage of the Six Paths in disguise :O_O:

8/10

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
so did Nagato never question what happened to those original members? or i assume Obito lied and told Nagato that those members were killed by Hanzo's men. and there's still so much of Obito's background we don't know like why he was controlling the Fourth Mizukage or what his purpose in being in Kirigakure was. i wish they'd explain that but it looks like it won't happen.

i felt true terror for those original members when obito was killing them, the show did a really good job. it's better that they were killed because the harsh reality would've hit them and changed the whole organization anyway as Yahiko noted, Obito just sped up the process

and it looks like we have Danzo to blame for helping in creating the current form of Akatsuki which doesn't surprise me. He has his fingerprints everywhere. Hanzo was just his unknowing foolish pawn in a chess game

Guykage
Member Avatar
[ * ]
AburameSenpai
Jan 30 2014, 09:14 PM
so did Nagato never question what happened to those original members? or i assume Obito lied and told Nagato that those members were killed by Hanzo's men. and there's still so much of Obito's background we don't know like why he was controlling the Fourth Mizukage or what his purpose in being in Kirigakure was. i wish they'd explain that but it looks like it won't happen.

i felt true terror for those original members when obito was killing them, the show did a really good job. it's better that they were killed because the harsh reality would've hit them and changed the whole organization anyway as Yahiko noted, Obito just sped up the process

and it looks like we have Danzo to blame for helping in creating the current form of Akatsuki which doesn't surprise me. He has his fingerprints everywhere. Hanzo was just his unknowing foolish pawn in a chess game
I think after Yahiko's death and Nagato's acceptance of Obito's philosophy, Nagato stopped caring about his former team. Nagato and Konan would eventually devolve the mentality that they were gods, gods who must teach pain. So the loss of their team mates only served to re-enforce their philosophy that there can be no peace. You're right that Obito would have just spread up the process, but in my opinion Yahiko's death was the tipping point for the Akastuki.
I don't understand: if 4th Mizukage was the 3 tails Junchuriki and was manipulated by Obito AND captured by Obito's men, there must be some story boarding flaw or such.
It may seem that this whole scenario comes down to Danzo, but it is truly bigger than that. As the Forth Hokage told his son, it is really the fault of the Shinobi system for all the problems in the world. It wasn't necessarily the Mist Shinobi who were present at the time when Rin died for making Obito who he became. (I'm trying to avoid any spoilers there, I understand why the Mist were there in the first place, but because this is anime discussion I won't use the reason why in my explanation). It was the series of events, the lust for power, the ones who seek revenge, and the ones who never gave up the hate their fore-fathers created, that in effected created a Shinobi System were hatred begets hatred. Danzo is a pawn of the system, playing a king on another chess board, if you will.
AburameSenpai, it totally slipped my mind about that whole 4th Mizukage thing, you raise a very good point. Amazing analysis. :D
I have a quote as my signature: Shinobi are all just merely tools in the hands of destiny. -Kakashi Hatake. That is how I look at this series, Shinobi are tools in the hands of destiny.
Edited by Guykage, Jan 30 2014, 09:58 PM.

Jojoushi
Member Avatar
Ai suru chikara wa eien...
[ * ]
A very heavy episode for me...and a great back story on Akatsuki..and a very sad way to begin a path of pure destruction from something so pure.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
Imho, Not that great an ep, it just wasn't what I was expecting... With a title like the "New Akatsuki" I was kinda expecting a mass murder beautifully animated and action packed... I guess Madara and Obito's epic episodes really spoiled me for more shinobi death...

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
zerkone
Jan 31 2014, 02:24 AM
Imho, Not that great an ep, it just wasn't what I was expecting... With a title like the "New Akatsuki" I was kinda expecting a mass murder beautifully animated and action packed... I guess Madara and Obito's epic episodes really spoiled me for more shinobi death...
Erm, this episode was practically filled with murder. Probably one of the most violent episodes in Naruto.

Anyways, kind've find it hilarious that Danzo was killed by the same organization he thought he destroyed. If he left it alone, the Akatsuki wouldn't of got as powerful as it did.

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
Lunacy Divine
Jan 30 2014, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure how to feel about Obito dirtying his hands by fighting the remainder of Akatsuki. I mean it totally makes sense that he wanted to demonstrate how dreadful the ninja world can get, but for him to be an active participant in Akatsuki's downfall almost cheapens his ideals. The whole point of Madara's philosophy is that the world is a terrible place, and what made his views so effective was that he didn't actually NEED to intervene in the affairs of other people to prove his point and basically just relied on human nature to take its course. Thus, Obito taking matters into his own hands was pretty weird in context of the whole situation. The counterpoint to this is the fact his personality obviously isn't identical to Madara's since Obito was already shown to be more hasty and less patient in his schemes on a number of occasions, so I guess it's feasible that he'd go about things differently.

On the upside, I did enjoy Obito's internal dialogue at the end ("Nagato, Yahiko, Konan. The World of Dreams... I will let you see each other there... without fail."); it's interesting that he personally cared about the trio in his own twisted right and I think it does an excellent job of separating him as a character from Madara, who really just wouldn't have given two s***s about the Hidden Rain orphans either way.

Pretty enjoyable episode.
Madara only saw Nagato as a storage tank for eyes. i'm more interested in why he chose Nagato specifically out of all of the shinobi in the naruto world and how his parents could not have not noticed some random old man putting eyes in their child

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
After seeing last weeks special and this episode I can't help but feel a bit sorry for Yahiko, Nagato, Konan and the rest of the original Akatsuki. They really believed that they took a massive step forward in accomplishing their goal but it all came crashing down.

I liked seeing Obito continuing to try to manipulate Nagato. I give Nagato props for resisting as long as he did. Hanzou's betrayal was obviously what pushed Nagato over the edge. Speaking of said betrayal I could have gone without seeing it again. I suppose it was necessary though to get it across why Nagato and Konan sided with the man whom they believed to be Uchiha Madara.

As for why they never questioned what happened to the other Akatsuki members I'll just assume that Obito lied to them and told them that Hanzou's men killed them as well. Or perhaps they went back to find an empty base and assumed they had abandoned the organization after hearing what had just happened.

It was interesting to see Obito and Zetsu kill off the other original members of Akatsuki. In my opinion that wasn't a bad combination attack from Kyuusuke and Daibutsu. The part where Obito impaled them with his Wood Element technique was gruesome. At first I thought it was odd to see him do a killing like this while not in an enraged state but then I remember that he did take part in the Uchiha Clan Massacre so it's not beneath him.

Overall this was a satisfying episode. I do agree that it would have been nice to see Pain kill off Hanzou and how the clouds became apart of the Akatsuki uniform. The holes that were filled in though were nice.

Episode gets an 8.

Neogin
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Mangekyou Sharingan
Feb 1 2014, 05:01 PM
After seeing last weeks special and this episode I can't help but feel a bit sorry for Yahiko, Nagato, Konan and the rest of the original Akatsuki. They really believed that they took a massive step forward in accomplishing their goal but it all came crashing down.

I liked seeing Obito continuing to try to manipulate Nagato. I give Nagato props for resisting as long as he did. Hanzou's betrayal was obviously what pushed Nagato over the edge. Speaking of said betrayal I could have gone without seeing it again. I suppose it was necessary though to get it across why Nagato and Konan sided with the man whom they believed to be Uchiha Madara.

As for why they never questioned what happened to the other members I'll just assume that Obito lied to them and told them that Hanzou's men kill them as well. Or perhaps they went back to find an empty base and assumed they had abandoned the organization after hearing what had just happened.

It was interesting to see Obito and Zetsu kill off the other original members of Akatsuki. In my opinion that wasn't a bad combination attack from Kyuusuke and Daibutsu. The part where Obito impaled them with his Wood Element technique was gruesome. At first I thought it was odd to see him do a killing like this while not in an enraged state but then I remember that he did take part in the Uchiha Clan Massacre so it's not beneath him.

Overall this was a satisfying episode. I do agree that it would have been nice to see Pain kill off Hanzou and how the clouds became apart of the Akatsuki uniform. The holes that were filled in though were nice.

Episode gets an 8.
I don't think the clan massacre has happened yet.

If I remember correctly, Itachi had to approach the 3rd and Danzo to to make sure Sasuke was left in the dark and unharmed. This recent episode probably takes place before, since Minato will soon become the Fourth Hokage.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
You're right. At this point in the story the Uchiha Clan Massacre has yet to happen. I should have said Obito will eventually take part in the Uchiha Clan Massacre. So my point still stands that Obito is capable of taking part in a mass killing while not in an enraged state.

Something that I forgot to mention in my earlier post was how it looked like Obito felt sorry for Yahiko, Konan and Nagato. When Yahiko threw himself into the kunai that Nagato was holding Obito flashed back to Kakashi killing Rin with his Chidori. Plus his comment about the three of them (Konan, Yahiko and Nagato) meeting again in the dream world he intends to create also had me feel this way.

Neogin
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Mangekyou Sharingan
Feb 2 2014, 02:42 PM
You're right. At this point in the story the Uchiha Clan Massacre has yet to happen. I should have said Obito will eventually take part in the Uchiha Clan Massacre. So my point still stands that Obito is capable of taking part in a mass killing while not in an enraged state.

Something that I forgot to mention in my earlier post was how it looked like Obito felt sorry for Yahiko, Konan and Nagato. When Yahiko threw himself into the kunai that Nagato was holding Obito flashed back to Kakashi killing Rin with his Chidori. Plus his comment about the three of them (Konan, Yahiko and Nagato) meeting again in the dream world he intends to create also had me feel this way.
Obito is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters--probably because of how quickly his life has spiraled downwards. Though I don't agree with his decisions, I do empathize with him.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
I just realized when we first were introduced to akatsuki there was no uchia Madara or tobi in sight. When tobi eventually joined up nobody knew his identity except Nagato/Pain.

So, when did Obito/madara leave the akatsuki and what did he do until he returned as tobi?
And speaking of Konan did she realize her killer tobi was the same person who cronfronted them so many years ago?

honoric
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
sounddrops
Feb 3 2014, 01:43 AM
I just realized when we first were introduced to akatsuki there was no uchia Madara or tobi in sight. When tobi eventually joined up nobody knew his identity except Nagato/Pain.

So, when did Obito/madara leave the akatsuki and what did he do until he returned as tobi?
And speaking of Konan did she realize her killer tobi was the same person who cronfronted them so many years ago?

Obito only join akatsuki after sasori death...... before then he was watching from the sideline..... and use zetsu to keep an eye on nagato..............

Konan know since the beginning who tobi was....... just look at the end of the episode she was there with nagato when obito leave. + if you look back to the chapter where we first see konan and pain, obito was already speaking of himself as madara uchiha.............. and her speech to obito in her fight with him before he kill her show has well that she know him......

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Episode 348 - The New Akatsuki
Yahiko - He predicted that Nagato was the next leader and Konan will never leave him. Like he knew was going to die.
That Obito - killed all the Akatsuki's members. I was prepared to know more about the unknown members when he suddenly appeared
Kyusuke & Daibutsu were pretty good, pity they died.

Guykage
Member Avatar
[ * ]
It would have been cool Kyusuke was a rouge Inuzuka member, because he kinda looks like an Inuzuka with his eyes and his face paint draws some similarities to Inuzuka face paint. But, he was still very cool.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply