Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 9 (47.4%)
9 7 (36.8%)
8 3 (15.8%)
7 0 (0%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 19
Shippuuden Episode 349 Airs
Topic Started: Feb 6 2014, 01:24 PM (936 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Start of Kakashi's ANBU origin story.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
This was a damn good first episode for the arc. Minato becoming the Hokage, we find out the reason Hiruzen stepped down. Kakashi donning the mask at the end was awesome. Also like more Hiruzen/Danzo rivalry and also Danzo talking with Orochimaru, good stuff. This can almost be considered canon, as Kishi gave his approval for everything. 9/10
Edited by narutofan85, Feb 6 2014, 02:57 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really enjoyed the heavy use of politics in this episode, and it's interesting that Sarutobi relinquished his position as a way of making amends for Konoha's losses. Ever the underhanded authoritarian, Danzou doesn't seem to care about whether he gets promoted to Hokage at this time as long as he (or at least his political philosophy) can exert a large amount of influence over the village's day-to-day operations. His most talented Root member was naturally the best guy for the job to accomplish this, although Orochimaru quite possibly had his own agenda at the time which I'm not so sure Danzou anticipated. Even before Orochimaru's defection, Hiruzen harbored plenty of suspicions regarding his moral character and this is probably one of the biggest motivating factors for selecting Minato instead. This episode also sheds a lot of light on Kakashi's agony, something the manga has continuously failed to portray to this day; of course Guy was too dimwitted to sympathize with or even understand the traumas of war, despite being a loyal friend.

Excellent start to what may well be an excellent arc.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
you're like a snake expert now.
[ *  * ]
Minato means so much to me. He embodies what I always believed and still do what a man should be.
When he smiles towards his family and friends, the episode almost glows with yellows and oranges and I feel the warmth in me. I would gladly follow him into battle.

At the same time, he has a strong sense of discipline and loyalty and acts like a soldier through and through.
His mental prowess and ability to out think the thinkers like Oro is amazing.
It breaks my heart he gave his life so shortly after. There was so so much opportunity.

Example:
1. When giving orders, he forms it as a question as a way of standing level to his subordinates which displays benevelence.
2. Keeping Kushina calm when informing her of his title was respectful of the title Konoha, plus the concerned look he had that he always hides showed so much hidden care.

I really have high hopes for Naruto do develop his prowess into the future.
Edited by sounddrops, Feb 6 2014, 03:31 PM.

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
if Minato was too young then why did Hiruzen get to be the third Hokage at an even younger age despite being given the Second's consent. The Third's consent should weigh the same. why does not surprise me that Danzo is scheming with Orochimaru. i bet Orochimaru used Danzo to get political favors or protections within the village.

The Second Hokage
Member Avatar
EDO TENSAI BI*CHS
[ *  *  * ]
great episode in definitely like how it made the plot thicker how it begun with the leaf trying to have a treaty with the stone then the sand jumping in just to add fire to the flame then the tschikages pov and all the little underlying situations and pov 10/10 for me

Descartes Uzumaki
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
I loved the back story and it's good to see how great the young geniuses in Kakashi and Guy came to be. Guy always seemed to have his stuff together despite being second in his class to Kakashi. Ive only seen him weakened when Lee had that serious injury and even then he was calm.

Snakiest
Member Avatar
Шпион из КГБ
[ *  * ]
Oh my, did they hire somebody with a brain to write the story for this filler? Almost cannon-like.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I don't see why Kishimoto couldn't of add these past 4 episodes to the manga. Yes, I know he didn't write these, but he still could've implied it. This pretty much cleared up a boatload of lore of not only the Akatsuki, but also Kakashi's tendency to hold back.

It feels like this episodes was more focused on Minato than Kakashi even though Kakashi was heavily involved. If it had an alternate title, I propose, "The Fourth Hokage's Student".

I like that angry expression Rin makes at the in. It pretty much shows that Pierrot are working hard around this time. 9/10

Orochimaru-sama
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The scene with Kakashi washing his hands felt very Lady Macbeth-esque. Great episode!

sterlihalla
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
awesome episode, i really want to get the image of kakashi at the end of the episode with the mask

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought this episode did an excellent job at showing how tormented Kakashi was by killing Rin. The scene with him washing his hands and later being unable to use Chidori really hit on that fact. The reasoning behind him being appointed to the ANBU was both interesting and understandable. The scene at the end of the episode with Kakashi putting on the ANBU Mask was real cool. Seeing his Sharingan showing through the eye hole made me think of the times we have seen Obito's Sharingan through his Tobi mask.

The political focus in this episode was unexpected but I enjoyed it. I never thought Hiruzen would step down as the Third Hokage because of the reason given. Seeing the clash of political views between Danzou and Hiruzen added some high tension. In my opinion it was sneaky of Danzou trying to get Orochimaru appointed Hokage. The brief meeting between Orochimaru and Danzou later in the episode showed off their scheming nature. Anyway, even back then Hiruzen saw the flaws in Orochimaru and refused to give his blessing.

This was an outstanding episode. I agree with those that think these last few episodes feel like material straight from the manga.

Episode gets a 10.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jojoushi
Member Avatar
Ai suru chikara wa eien...
[ * ]
Another amazing episode from start to finish. I love seeing the young ninjas again...and Guy really cares for Kakashi's well being..he knows deep down he's troubled, but at least he's not being pretentious about it.

I enjoy seeing back story characters and to top off it's awesomeness, it had Minato and Kushina. *sigh* what a wonderful couple even though their personalities are the antithesis of each other.

Another 10/10 from me this week.

Guykage
Member Avatar
The beast that defies human understanding
[ * ]
Orochimaru-sama
Feb 7 2014, 07:10 AM
The scene with Kakashi washing his hands felt very Lady Macbeth-esque. Great episode!
I thought the exact same thing when Kakashi was hallucinating that Rin's blood would not wash off his hands. Like in Shakespeare's Macbeth, Kakashi demonstrates that murder is not something you can just wash off your hands and call it a day. Kakashi showed that it can be hard to keep a calm mask on, when you can barley live with your actions. The reference was executed nearly perfectly, assuming the episode was made with Macbeth in-mind. As the episode was mostly cannon (Kishimoto approved the arch as stated by narutofan85), we got to see that Kakashi has a vulnerable side. I also liked seeing the angry Rin when Kakashi tried to use Chidori.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply