Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 7 (41.2%)
9 6 (35.3%)
8 1 (5.9%)
7 3 (17.6%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 17
Shippuuden Episode 350 Airs
Topic Started: Feb 14 2014, 11:27 AM (721 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Filler arc continues. This managed to correct a few minor unanswered things, because this shows Kushina holding on for a little while longer to talk to Sarutobi. That was new, right?

And Yamato being in Root, wasn't he just shown to be in normal ANBU? I guess it makes sense in hindsight with how he dealt with Sai, but this seems like it might be fudging up the timeline as far as Orochimaru is concerned.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
Loved that Kakashi was portrayed in a morally ambiguous light; very bold and daring move that happens to work incredibly well. He actually has a line much later in the manga (reflecting on his past) that makes more sense if we put this episode into context.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Great episode! This arc is really impressing me so far. It really does feel like canon, with so many important things going on. I loved Kakashi's rampage on those fake Iwagakure shinobi. Also really like the aftermath of the Kyubi attack on the village with Minato and Kushina laying there, and Kushina telling Hiruzen Naruto's name. The funeral was done very well too. Danzo really is a pain in the ass, always questioning the third and trying to get his way. 9/10 for this one.

Orochimaru-sama
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Are we to assume the fake Iwagakure shinobi were from the Root or am I grasping at straws?

Did anyone else find the conversation with Kurenai and her father cringeworthy? Speaking of which, have we seen him before?

I was glad to see Homura and Koharu speak against Danzo for once. If only they always showed backbone. I was under the impression that Hiruzen was asked to return as Hokage after the Fourth died, not that he volunteered.

Overall, the episode kept my interest.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have to agree with Narutofan, this filler arc is like watching canon... Cold blooded Kakashi thats a name I never herd before, and working for Root this is also new to me... Good episode can't wait for next week...

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Shikamaru
Feb 14 2014, 11:27 AM
Filler arc continues. This managed to correct a few minor unanswered things, because this shows Kushina holding on for a little while longer to talk to Sarutobi. That was new, right?

And Yamato being in Root, wasn't he just shown to be in normal ANBU? I guess it makes sense in hindsight with how he dealt with Sai, but this seems like it might be fudging up the timeline as far as Orochimaru is concerned.
Great Episode: Enjoyed it!

But like you pointed out, this screw the timeline for Orochimaru seeing as he was supposed to abandon his research when Sandiame ran him out of konaha hence he was not aware of the existence of Yamato. If yamato was this old and orochimaru was still in anbu root he would have known about his existence.

I want to speculate that the fake Rock ninja's was danzou's doing and Kakashi may be a double agent (working for Sarutobi/his Anbu spying on Danzou/his Anbu) and may have contributed Sarutobi finding out what Orochimaru/Danzou are experimenting on and why Yamato came to the side of the angels.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't know if it's necessarily a plot hole. It's possible that Danzou managed to hide Yamato's presence by keeping him within Root while relegating Orochimaru to that secluded experimentation hideout we saw earlier, which I guess would ensure the two never interacted. Why he'd want to keep Orochimaru and the village in general from knowing is anyone's guess though.

Guykage
Member Avatar
The beast that defies human understanding
[ * ]
Good episode. My favorite part was the nine-tails attack on the village. The different style of animation was really cool. I think that destruction is what people thought of when they saw Naruto as a child. And then there's Danzo, always trying to take advantage of the situation to one-up Hiruzen. Kakashi was starting to look more like the Kakashi we meet in the beginning of the series. Same with Guy.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Orochimaru-sama
Feb 14 2014, 11:18 PM
Did anyone else find the conversation with Kurenai and her father cringeworthy? Speaking of which, have we seen him before?
We saw him back when Kushina revealed to Naruto what actually happened on the night of the Kyuubi attack. Actually I believe we were shown the same exact scene.

Like everyone else I'll assume that the Hidden Stone ninja were really ANBU Root undercover. We did see them disguise themselves as Hidden Stone ninja back in Episode 347 when they engaged Nagato, Konan and Nagato. Point being, I wouldn't put it past them.

Cold Blooded Kakashi, that's a different nickname for him. It was cool to watch him kill off the Hidden Stone ninja with his Chidori. His ANBU comrades did make a good point though about them being able to get intelligence if one of them were kept alive.

I really liked the scene where Hiruzen went to where Minato and Kushina were and by doing so learning from Kushina that their child's name is Naruto. I don't remember this being shown in the manga. It this is filler then it's another excellent addition.

The aftermath of the attack with the funeral scene had a lot of familiar faces. I believe I even saw Sasuke's father in there. I didn't expect Hiruzen to volunteer to take over as Hokage again. I had always assumed that he was reappointed automatically. It was great to see Homura and Koharu stand up against Danzou. In my opinion both made valid points.

That Danzou continues to act sneaky by trying to manipulate Kakashi against the Third Hokage. I doubt that Kakashi would turn his back against the Third Hokage though. It was interesting to see that Yamato started out as part of ANBU Root.

Overall another great episode. I give it a 10.

blaccshinobi
Member Avatar
the one who has mastered all the ocular jutsu
[ * ]
Shikamaru
Feb 14 2014, 11:27 AM

its not, danzo mentioned he was working with orochimaru wayyy earlier. its also how danzo got his arm and all those eyes in his arm. tobi even mentioned oro too. its safe to assume oro was always involved. this was mentioned in the anime. hope i didnt spoil anything.
Edited by blaccshinobi, Feb 15 2014, 07:57 PM.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
you're like a snake expert now.
[ *  * ]
It pained me to see minato lying still like that.

I'm glad Kushina went with a smile.

I see how Kakashi could have also turned to the dark side, but I'm interested
to see what makes him stay cool.

Most importantly, the mask with which his sharingan glowed was amazing.
Just like tobi which made him look intimidating.

I was saddened to see his choice to kill those ninja but I'm not the sentimental type with combat.
Edited by sounddrops, Feb 16 2014, 01:40 AM.

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
^^ probably it was Minato's death that made him chose the good side (From Cold-blooded Kakashi to 1000jutsu copy Ninja-Sharigan Kakashi).

Minato did remove him from active duty for good 10 months, time he spent spying Kushina and not killing anybody. That must have been a sober period for him. That was the longest time he didn't engage in combat since losing Obito and Rin.

He must have wanted to be like Hiruzen/Jaraiya/Orochimaru who knew a lot of Jutsus. I wonder who taught him that Dog summon.

Riddengan
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Verrry interesting...as i watched these episodes play out. Kakashi had so much to deal with at such a young age from the loss of his teammates, to dealing with his sensai getting killed and now having to deal with Danzou and his antics. It makes sense that he would choose to later take on Sasuke as his protege. I believe that he saw a lot of himself in sasuke. They were both really similar growing up..losing someone that they cared about..suffering tragedy while at the same time working hard and becoming the best to show that they had something to prove at the expense of friendship. He was kind of a dick to be honest in the way that he treated Obito and later on Guy who were only really trying to be a good friend to him.

Having said that...it is frustrating to see how much Danzou's meddling has affected what's happened to Konoha up to now. I hope that all filler arcs are like this from now on. Telling back story instead of being completely useless.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply