Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate Guy's gloriousness?
10 - Evening Elephant 30 (71.4%)
9 7 (16.7%)
8 4 (9.5%)
7 0 (0%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Daytime Tiger 1 (2.4%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Morning Peacock 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 42
Chapter 669 Discussion
Topic Started: Mar 19 2014, 06:54 AM (4,115 Views)
Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sooooo Eighth Gate Guy > Narutoverse amirite?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
^ Thank you for mentioning the Night Elephant in the room :P

Still, all that just winded him... At least Naruto's back.

My only question at this point is, since Lee mentioned it as Guy's move, did Guy just simply know how to perform it? Since he'll die after the 8G wears off, it doesn't seem like he could "learn" it.
Edited by hinata uzumaki, Mar 19 2014, 07:02 AM.

The Peacebrew
Member Avatar
Fire vs. Fire
[ *  *  *  * ]
I cannot believe Gaara and co. are actually backing Guy up, I mean I never thought of him leading the show as he did this chapter (prior to last week chapter). What a beast.

Is Naruto opening his eyes in his conciousness or "reality"?

I think its inevitable at this point that Naruto will meet Otsutsuki in order to beat Madara, but maybe thats merely wishful thinking on my part.

The Tsuchikage
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
hinata uzumaki
Mar 19 2014, 07:01 AM
^ Thank you for mentioning the Night Elephant in the room :P

Still, all that just winded him... At least Naruto's back.

My only question at this point is, since Lee mentioned it as Guy's move, did Guy just simply know how to perform it? Since he'll die after the 8G wears off, it doesn't seem like he could "learn" it.
How does someone train a suicide jutsu? hahaha

Anyway. I loved this chapter. Kishi knows how to write combo attacks! And Minato will probably be out of commission at this point.

Movado
Genin
[ *  * ]
The Peacebrew
Mar 19 2014, 07:44 AM
I cannot believe Gaara and co. are actually backing Guy up, I mean I never thought of him leading the show as he did this chapter (prior to last week chapter). What a beast.

I think its inevitable at this point that Naruto will meet Otsutsuki in order to beat Madara, but maybe thats merely wishful thinking on my part.
Quote:

Consciousnesses, i would guess since the water background effect.

An i notice the same thing too, seems like Guy practice all this before so he only die if he exhaust himself, which i would think he can stop before that happens.

But why Madara so proud? he in ultimate form with all kinda stolen abilities, if this was regular power Madara vs. Guy 8G, Guy would have won.

White Death
Member Avatar
Not my fault! Someone put a wall in my way!
[ * ]
I think the most confusing part isn't that Gai somehow trained himself to use that jutsu, even though it's a suicide technique, it's that Madara clearly stated, "I can't let him hit me!" and then a few pages later get's decked in the shoulder blade area, punching him through at least two very solid objects, one of which was apperantly the root of a God Tree, then just gets back up like nothing happened.

The Peacebrew
Member Avatar
Fire vs. Fire
[ *  *  *  * ]
Movado
Mar 19 2014, 07:51 AM
The Peacebrew

But isn't that just the dimension...?

Aaaanyways. Too much Naruto talk for just one panel of showcase.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Madara's (insert new super strong jutsu) will probably defeat Guy in the end... What a shame =/ but hopefully before that happens Madara will be forced to use some Hashirama sage mode healing thingy... since he will be pretty beat up by the looks of it!

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I have to say Gai has lived up to being called the Beast. His taijutsu is truly something to speak off. Even Madara himself got all excited at the thought of continuing the fight with someone with such power. Sadly for Gai, he's not an ET and his chakra and use of the eight gates is limited due to the time and body constraints.

Although I don't see Gai fighting to much more, I do see Naruto coming in and providing him with some chakra thus, saving Gai from his death after using the eighth gate.

I was happy to see that although Gai has never been much of a leader, that everyone in the battle field recognizes that he is top dog at the moment and will support him on the field while attempting to put some damage to Madara.

I was hoping to see Lee opening the 7th gate and using some type of special technique, maybe life afternoon shark or tiger or something, but nothing. Maybe next chapter? I hope so, it would really be a waste for him to learn to open the gates only to use taijutsu without any special techniques like Gai had.

Overall great chapter, here's hoping that Gai has a few more panels of raw beast attacks.

koolkhan
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The Peacebrew

Yup Naruto opened his eyes in his Consciousness, and he will meet Otsutsuki in his Consciousness so that he can learn about the True History of the Shinobi World not Madara's version of History.

Plus Otsutsuki will hand down his will to Naruto.

Epic Jutsus coming in next panels!!

GO GAI!! 10/10

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Peacebrew
Mar 19 2014, 08:56 AM
Movado
The Peacebrew

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Madara's (insert new super strong jutsu) will probably defeat Guy in the end... What a shame =/ but hopefully before that happens Madara will be forced to use some Hashirama sage mode healing thingy... since he will be pretty beat up by the looks of it!
The other dimension is just pillars and emptiness. No water had been shown. I'm with Naruto woke up inside the place where he talks to the Kyubi.

koolkhan
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Salamanca
Mar 19 2014, 09:53 AM
The Peacebrew
Mar 19 2014, 08:56 AM
Movado
The Peacebrew

The other dimension is just pillars and emptiness. No water had been shown. I'm with Naruto woke up inside the place where he talks to the Kyubi.
That is Naruto's consciousness no?

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
This is one of those chapters that is so good that there just isn't a lot to say. Guy is clearly one of the most powerful ninja in this war. He was top tier with just the 7th gate. With the 8th he has quite possibly sealed a spot in the top 6(7 maybe?) of all time.

Highlights for me:
-Loved how Lee was honoring Guy's sacrifice. No more tears little buddy!
-Teamwork this chapter was top notch. Really liked the strategies in play here.
-Obviously Guy's performance here was awesome. Evening Elephant was pretty sweet. The hole that Madara was left in from the 1st attack really gives you an idea of its power.
-Naruto waking up. Looks like he is in the Jinchuuriki mind-dimension-thing to me.

Chapter gets a 10.
....that seems to be a theme here lately!
Edited by Saninus, Mar 19 2014, 10:14 AM.

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
So Guy > Madara > Jyuubi > Kyuubi > All of Leaf

Good news is I found Madara's weakness: When Guy dies have Oro revive him. GG.

In all seriousness, it's obvious that Madara is in control, but this scuffle will reduce his power since they are getting his weapons and such.

Oh, I also love the teamwork going on. Kakashi and Gaara and the 4th with Guy as the hammer are taking Madara on better than Naru/Sasu.

The chapter was artful. One of the best I've seen. It had awesome power levels but still ninja techniques and strategy. Pretty much what all good Naruto fights SHOULD be.

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
White Death
Mar 19 2014, 08:37 AM
I think the most confusing part isn't that Gai somehow trained himself to use that jutsu, even though it's a suicide technique, it's that Madara clearly stated, "I can't let him hit me!" and then a few pages later get's decked in the shoulder blade area, punching him through at least two very solid objects, one of which was apperantly the root of a God Tree, then just gets back up like nothing happened.
You are write all the way. Not to mention kakashi's statement of Gai with 8 gate temporary surpassing the 5 kages not just a Kage Rank shinobi like we were meant to believe.

Madara felt the first punch, and he concluded to avoid being it 4-5 times with the air,but most importantly being directly hit with it. Yet he was hit 5 good times and direct hit on his body and he was still able to get up immediately, what was that- deception.

Minato's analytical and tactical ability is still amazing, what a way to redeem him as he dies for real this time.

Gai was unable to complete the second hit the first time because he never experienced that amount of pain before hence I think he has never used the 8 gate before. Gai was awesome, too bad he can't "Dance" for long anymore, Madara is just getting started-Next he will be in attack mode not defence mode.

So Gai is compared to Hashirama now! The 8 gate is awesome!!

Naruto his conscious once again, Sasuke will be next, though I don't see him getting into the battle immediately without a plan that is.

King of Everything
Member Avatar
I'm King, what else is there to know?
[ *  * ]
Saninus
Mar 19 2014, 10:13 AM
He was top tier with just the 7th gate. With the 8th he has quite possibly sealed a spot in the top 6(7 maybe?) of all time.
Who the heck is stronger? He's manhandling SOSP Madara. The only reason Madara will come out on top is because of the healing powers of the Juubi and how his body is barely able to tank these hits.

That makes him stronger than regular Madara, Hashirama, 9-tails cloak Minato and Naruto, and quite possibly SOSP Obito.

As of right now he's beat by current Madara and the actual SOSP. 50/50 for SOSP Obito.

That makes him top 3 or 4 of all time. Second strongest of right now.

As for Madara saying he shouldn't get hit by that attack, then getting hit and getting back up, 2 possibilities. He either didn't want his body to be potentially damaged, although he knew he could survive, or more likely, he just wasn't sure because his new body hasn't really been tested and he didn't want to gamble that he could tank those hits.
Edited by King of Everything, Mar 19 2014, 11:01 AM.

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
King of Everything
Mar 19 2014, 10:56 AM
Saninus
Mar 19 2014, 10:13 AM
He was top tier with just the 7th gate. With the 8th he has quite possibly sealed a spot in the top 6(7 maybe?) of all time.
Who the heck is stronger? He's manhandling SOSP Madara. The only reason Madara will come out on top is because of the healing powers of the Juubi and how his body is barely able to tank these hits.

That makes him stronger than regular Madara, Hashirama, 9-tails cloak Minato and Naruto, and quite possibly SOSP Obito.

As of right now he's beat by current Madara and the actual SOSP. 50/50 for SOSP Obito.

That makes him top 3 or 4 of all time. Second strongest of right now.

As for Madara saying he shouldn't get hit by that attack, then getting hit and getting back up, 2 possibilities. He either didn't want his body to be potentially damaged, although he knew he could survive, or more likely, he just wasn't sure because his new body hasn't really been tested and he didn't want to gamble that he could tank those hits.
Here's my thought process on this:

When I say Guy has sealed his position, I mean of all time. Naruto and Sasuke appear to be on the verge of a power up. We don't know the extent of these power ups.

Currently I would say it looks like something like this-
-So6P (Maduubi and Juubito are just incomplete versions his power)
-Maduubi
-Juubito
-Hashirama (you could flip Hashi and Guy... It's debatable)
-Guy

Now it's quite possible that Naruto and Sasuke will have to be added to this list. Also, edo Hashirama beat edo Madara with all of Madara's upgrades (rennegan, mokuton). Living Hashirama is probably the most naturally powerful ninja we have ever seen. Could he hold out against Guy's assault...? I don't know. Guy's is a one time use power. Once he's unleashed the 8th gate, he's on a time limit that ends with his death. Now that is not a point against Guy. We are talking of all time here and really it is just my own personal opinion. That's why I say top 6 or 7. Might Guy stands very high in a very short list. I don't think that could be argued.
Edited by Saninus, Mar 19 2014, 11:35 AM.

Yodaime
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
10/10 Just for Guy being briefly compared to the 1st by Madara... when you get that kind of praise from Madara then you truly have respect in the Narutoverse.

The night elephant's power just from that hole it made took my breath away... Both Mother Nature & Chuck Norris flinched after seeing Guy's 8th gate.

I am certain now that Dai killed at least 2 of the seven swordsmen & injured the rest where they ran away with they tails between they legs.

Next week seems to indicate that the chapter will be dedicated to lame talk no jutsu from Naruto to Kurama... yay.

And on a side note, Kakashi being blind in the sharingan eye seems to indicate he isn't immune from the Uchiha's side effects of overusing the MS which makes me wonder if Obito has overused his end of the sharingan as well.. but still even with Kakashi being blind in that eye how the hell was he still able to use Kamui???

Here's to Guy having a "beautiful death" as the Spartans would say.

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hashi might even trump Obito. After all, Naruto + Sasuke used the same move on Obito that Madara used on Hashi (The Kyuubi Susanoo) at a WEAKER power (not full 9 tails or 100% Susanoo) and yet they owned him. Hashi easily took that technique on (although he did use Bijuu suppression to do it I suppose).

My question is this: How did the gates gain such a name for themselves? If Guy's Papa made them up and died there couldn't be many users. I guess maybe the 7 ninja swordsman who lived told the tale? But then you'd figure Madara would have no intimate knowledge of them (he knew the red mist) since he has been dead for ages...?

Naruto no Kitsune
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Guy was just incredible this chapter. His speed and technique was just amazing. Too bad he isn't the main character so we all know this won't finish off Madara. Reminds me of Jiraiya vs Pain.

I'm really proud of Lee for being able to open 6 gates now. Hopefully he'll eventually surpass Guy and create even stronger techniques.

Most importantly I really enjopyed Minato's plan this chapter. I'm glad he, Kakashi, Gaara, and Lee all worked together this chapter instead of standing around watching Guy do all the work. Good ol' team work is always great to watch.

I really hope Guy doesn't stay dead for the rest of the series, I'm missing the sunset already...

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
BadKent
Mar 19 2014, 09:12 AM
Although I don't see Gai fighting to much more, I do see Naruto coming in and providing him with some chakra thus, saving Gai from his death after using the eighth gate.
As much as I like Guy, I hope not. That would kind've defeat the purpose of the last 3 chapters, plus Rock Lee's speech to Gaara.

Anyways, this chapter is going to be beautiful when it's animated.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
RisenTerran
Mar 19 2014, 11:40 AM
Hashi might even trump Obito. After all, Naruto + Sasuke used the same move on Obito that Madara used on Hashi (The Kyuubi Susanoo) at a WEAKER power (not full 9 tails or 100% Susanoo) and yet they owned him. Hashi easily took that technique on (although he did use Bijuu suppression to do it I suppose).

Hashirama admitted Obito was stronger than him though (and that was before he managed to control the Juubi's power). Remember, they would not have "owned" Obito if he wasn't in a confused state of mind and if Naruto didn't have the prerequisite chakra fragments of the other Bijuu.

Saninus

Now it's quite possible that Naruto and Sasuke will have to be added to this list.

A lot of people think Naruto and Sasuke already approach the level of Hashirama and pre-Juubi Madara, although I personally don't buy it.

chingu91
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I totally agree, Guy was amazing this chapter. I loved the teamwork, support strategy, and action in this chapter. Also it seems kakashi has pretty much lost his left eye, but i think it would be neat if obito gave kakashi his other eye. We all know that obito is going to die so might as well make of what he has to give right?

wingxzero
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Yodaime
Mar 19 2014, 11:38 AM
And on a side note, Kakashi being blind in the sharingan eye seems to indicate he isn't immune from the Uchiha's side effects of overusing the MS which makes me wonder if Obito has overused his end of the sharingan as well.. but still even with Kakashi being blind in that eye how the hell was he still able to use Kamui???
It's been shown that even when blind; say itachi, he was more blind than sasuke, but he was still able to pull out susanoo, amateratsu and tsukiyomi during their battle. Sasuke became blind because he was spamming susanoo over and over again and he was still able to perform the eye techniques against kakashi when they met up. I think Kakashi has an issue with far sight b/c he said i need to get close in order to do kamui. So being blind doesn't affect ability, probably just affect how the user uses it to an extent. As long as kakashi knows where to aim, he should be good. Still, i don't want him to be blind!!!!!!!!!! and i think the reason why obito isn't blind is b/c he has hashirama cells in his body, so b/c of that, the affect of going blind from over use of the sharingan is voided. Just a theory.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
This was a fantastic chapter!! Guy is such a badass, pummeling Madara into like a 100 foot trench. Night elephant is a pretty awesome technique, the speed and power of it is incredible. If it was anyone besides Madara they would have been killed easily. Also like the support from Minato, Kakashi, Gaara and Lee. Naruto being revived at the end was nice, it will be interesting to see what he can do now. 10/10

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
I'm convinced Naruto will speak with the Sage now.
I mean, this chapter is the great example of how deep this shinobi thing goes.
Why wouldn't he somehow be "aware" of capable of reaching out. This is it!

Guy - You've taught me so much with actions over words.
He isn't a big talker, and I understand why. He gets it. OSS!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply