Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 6 (54.5%)
9 2 (18.2%)
8 2 (18.2%)
7 1 (9.1%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 11
Shippuuden Episode 357 Airs
Topic Started: Apr 3 2014, 08:51 AM (927 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Itachi joins the ANBU. Nothing canon breaking that I can see.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
the ending part with Itachi at the academy and the clan meeting was the most intriguing part for me, and learning a little more about the Land of Woods. Guy being rejected by the Third and Danzo both explain why he never got into the ANBU. Hopefully we learn more about Shisui.

LinkinPark10362
Member Avatar
Bang!
[ * ]
I didn't really like the opening song and the opening itself once again proves to be extremely spoilerish.

Ending seemed like a better opening to be honest lol and the song was better.

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Episode 357 - An Uchiha ANBU
Itachi's fans should be really glad to see Itachi one more time, this time in ANBU. He's partnered with Kakashi, that is something...really like this team.
!NEW! INTRO 15 AND ENDING 29. Personally I don't like the intro, the ending is pretty good, ok.
After this filler ends, interesting canon episodes to be expected:d

Neogin
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I really, really enjoyed this episode.

I've been waiting for Itachi in his early years, and his interactions with the Anbu, and we're getting it. I'm starting to love this arc again.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
This was a very good episode. Loved seeing Kakashi and Itachi take on the shinobi of the hidden woods. I like the members of the Uchiha clan coming together to try and get info on what the hokage and the elders are doing. Good lead up to the Coup for next week. Nice seeing Shisui as well, don't see much of him in the series. This has been one of the better episodes of the arc. 9/10

As for the OP and ED, didn't care for the song in the OP that much. Everything else was pretty good though, also it was animated by Hirofumi Suzuki, one of the best animators around.

ED I thought was better, I enjoyed the song more and all around looked very nice.
Edited by narutofan85, Apr 5 2014, 12:03 PM.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
I found the interaction between Kakashi and Itachi particuarly interesting.

Itachi is very respectful and doesn't complain, and actually has a very postiive outlook and view.
I had him for being a bit dark side even at that age. It's nice to see.

In fact, Kakashi seemed slightly bitter about ANBU regarding the dinner comments, and it was Itachi who was alright with that. Of course, he's new.

I like seeing Tenzou without the head gear and with them in their older age I like seeing how they have a youthful and adult side to them, right in the middle.

The assasinations are tough, seeing Kakashi take lives isn't easy on me still. In fact, I can't think of someone else who gives the the chills like that.

Great episode, I'm so happy.
Edited by sounddrops, Apr 3 2014, 05:08 PM.

Snakiest
Member Avatar
Шпион из КГБ
[ *  * ]
Some of the most unimpressive animation of the Gates... Let us open the gates and then move in slow motion...-_-

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pretty interesting insight into Itachi's character and how he showed zero hesitation in assassinating the enemy. He's a bit like Danzou in that regard, only less treacherous.

Very glad that this episode gave Itachi some much-needed exposure without taking the focus away from Kakashi and his personal struggles. The animation wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped, but beggars can't be choosers.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
Hey, what do you think were the factors contributing to itachis willingness and lack of hesitation? I ask because if he has the darkness as Danzou puts it, where did that come from since the massacre and things that hit in his later teen years didn't happen yet.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
sounddrops
Apr 4 2014, 09:10 AM
Hey, what do you think were the factors contributing to itachis willingness and lack of hesitation? I ask because if he has the darkness as Danzou puts it, where did that come from since the massacre and things that hit in his later teen years didn't happen yet.

Itachi's "darkness" most likely stems from his innate loyalty to Konoha. As specified in the manga, he kept a watchful eye on those who threatened his home; from an early age, he had enough wisdom and insight to realize that killing was necessary in preserving the stability of the current system. He was so willing to protect the village that he ultimately prioritized its safety over the safety of his family and clan, even though that was a much harder decision to make.

Ironically, it wasn't until his death and resurrection that he began to see things a bit more diplomatically.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
The new opening and ending were pretty awesome, yet I felt they tried too hard on the ending. Winged Naruto? Really? Also, I find it halirious how a 3 second clip of Kakashi vs Obito was 10x better than the manga version.

As for the episode. I'm fairly disappointed by how Gai handled things this episode. You that either the fact Kakashi is still recovering from the trauma of losing a friend that tried saving his life while losing another friend by accidentally slaying her OR the fact that Gai knows Kakashi has been an ANBU for years plus the fact he knows what being an ANBU means would think Kakashi is not the same person he knew from his Genin days. And even if both those factors weren't into play, then he should at least know that assassination missions are a major factor on being a shinobi. I mean hell, even Minato killed his opponents on their defensive side and Minato was kind himself. I guess Gai got Naruto's na´ve trait around this time.

I liked the Shisui cameo. Even though I think the guy is overrated, im interested in learning more about him. In the next episode, of course. I somewhat wish they get into the Hyuuga history after the Uchiha segment, but I know they are mainly focusing on the ANBU in these fillers.
Edited by BHM1250, Apr 5 2014, 10:02 AM.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
First impressions of the new opening are that I'm not a big fan of the song used. With that said the animation was pretty good. Like others have pointed out it contains some spoilers but plenty of openings contain spoilers. As for the new ending I liked the song and animation used. It makes me wish this particular song was used for the opening.

As a fan of Itachi I thought it was neat that he was the youngest member of ANBU ever. It was also cool to see him be on Kakashi's team. What a formidable team. I enjoyed watching them take out those Land of Wood ninja. They showed absolutely no mercy.

It was interesting how Gai wanted to join the ANBU and was rejected by the Third Hokage. Poor Gai was even turned down by Danzou. I did get a kick out of Danzou saying Gai lacked darkness. That made me think of Itachi's comment about lacking hatred. Although later on in the episode we saw why neither person thought Gai could be a member of the ANBU. In the end their decisions felt justified.

Overall I was pleased with this episode. The Shisui cameo was nice. Speaking of appearances I didn't expect to see Kosuke again. I thought he was a one time only filler character. On one final note it was different seeing Tenzou without his headgear.

Episode gets a 10.

Guykage
Member Avatar
The beast that defies human understanding
[ * ]
I truly enjoyed this episode. Might Guy's look at Kakashi's life in the Black Ops was probably the most proud moment in this filler. I was moved when Guy told Hiruzen to get Kakashi out of the AMBU, because he knows Kakashi should not be killing senselessly. I also felt anger towards Minato and Hiruzen for being indecisive rulers, by turning a blind eye to the mental health of their shinobi.
Even Hiruzen has a bad-side, first using Kakashi's power and giving it up to Danzo because he lack the courage to stand up for himself. In my opinion, Hiruzen should have killed Danzo long ago, thus helping the shinobi world. Hiruzen is now my least favorite of the kage.
Hiruzen had many opportunities to help the world, but if he felt that anything he could do would be controversial, he would not take a side and be neutral to opposition. He left office during a war, while he believed he still had competence as a ruler (citing his supposed competence when ruling after Minato's death). He is too scared to make a bad choice and sits around until it's far too late. Danzo on the other hand, is an effective ruler. Danzo is not afraid to look bad if what he's doing is for the good of the Leaf in his own eyes. Danzo excuses Hiruzen by saying that Hiruzen is a only a happy show, while the Foundation is Konaha's real arms and legs. However, Danzo's darkness makes him a threat to those he rules, as he does care about his shinobi and only cares about the security of the Leaf. The light and the dark complement each other perfectly in Naruto, props to Kishimoto.

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
I really don't get the age inconsistency in this episode: 11 year old itachi joins the Anbu , after that we saw him a little older with young sasuke of 11/12 years, then at the meeting, his father said he just joined the Anbu yet he looked older than 11 years old when he stood up. I liked the action, its amazing that itachi figured all about the Stone tablet on his own- those other uchiha are ignorant-nor border to use their sharigan.

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
In anime people don't always look their age. Look no further than Pokemon; Jessie and James are supposedly 14. :O_O:

According to the databooks, there is a five-year difference between Sasuke and Itachi. Itachi did the massacre when he was 13, so Sasuke was 7 or 8. I agree, Itachi looked older some of the Massacre flashbacks, but that's due more to perspective than anything else.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rikoduo Sennin
Apr 8 2014, 08:51 AM
I really don't get the age inconsistency in this episode: 11 year old itachi joins the Anbu , after that we saw him a little older with young sasuke of 11/12 years, then at the meeting, his father said he just joined the Anbu yet he looked older than 11 years old when he stood up.

There was no timeskip at any point in the episode. Itachi was 11 and Sasuke was 6.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply