Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Neo Sages 29 (65.9%)
9 4 (9.1%)
8 7 (15.9%)
7 1 (2.3%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Withered Flames 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 2 (4.5%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - History's Failures 1 (2.3%)
Total Votes: 44
Chapter 672 Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 9 2014, 12:29 AM (5,258 Views)
Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Probably the best chapter I've read in a while. Guy put on an excellent show, the flashback was enjoyable without overstaying its welcome, and it seems that Naruto and Sasuke have officially ascended among the higher tiers. Naruto's new form is interesting because despite the Bijuu-Sage pupils, his eyes appear to have no Sage markings. New default/base mode?

Not sure why Mangapanda's translation still goes with "Night Moth" though. Even Viz's translation for the previous chapter opted for "Night Guy" instead.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Peacebrew
Member Avatar
Fire vs. Fire
[ *  *  *  * ]
This chapter was simply amazing, and just as it was about to get serious the chapter ended! Highly anticipating next week!

Cannot address how well Kishi show-cased how powerful the eight gate was. Very well done.

King of Everything
Member Avatar
I'm King, what else is there to know?
[ *  * ]
Loved most of this chapter, really did. Night Guy move was freaking sweet. Flashback was great. Guy's power was magnificent...

...but Naruto being able to sweep in and stop Guy from dying? THAT IS FREAKING BS!!! Don't get me wrong, I love Guy, I don't want him to die, but he clearly was willing and ready to make this sacrifice for the sake of the younger generation. His youth ending for the youth of someone like Lee to come forth, and Naruto just coming in and cheaply saving him is the biggest insult to that sacrifice I could imagine.

Bad form...truly bad form.

Daniel-son
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
What have my eyes witnessed..... WOW Go Gai!
What an ending and that is how you go out with a bang!!
Thoroughly enjoyed this chapter the flashback I liked as well it felt right to have it there!!
Mighto Gai I salute you.

Naruto looks interesting surprised he just kicked the ball away!! Haha

What will Madara do now ... He has internal bleeding and lots of broken ribs... And Naruto and Saaassske to deal with now...

So opening the 8th Gate it's just a simple death... Ones body incinerates itself and turns into ash... wooow Gai has become one of my fav characters of the series now! What a legend!

I wonder if Naruto has just slowed down his death or is actually healing Gai completely... Coz we saw that his leg has gone...!
Edited by Daniel-son, Apr 9 2014, 03:48 AM.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
Guy is saved!!!

Just amazing power displayed by the beast... For Madara to laugh just made me want to punch a hole through my screen....

But the hero in true shonen fashion comes in at the right moment to save the day.... Very satisfying indeed...

Damn Guy was just amazing......
Edited by zerkone, Apr 9 2014, 01:01 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

toadsage06
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
great chapter and it seems as if naruto healed might guy with one touch

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looks like ninshuu is on display...

I want to see Sasuke show Madara something new as well...

Has anyone noticed the synchronization between Naruto and Sasuke??? Are they like on some kind of buddy complex thing??? It was just a little freakish....

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Another fantastic chapter!! The only thing I really have mixed feelings on is Guy being saved by Naruto. As much as I like Guy, I thought he should have died. Other than that, the Night Guy was a devastating attack!! Madara getting half his chest blown away was pretty awesome. guy turning into ash was interesting as well, make sense he was basically on fire. Naruto's look is pretty cool, but we'll wait on next week to see what he can do. I'll give this one a 10/10 even though I have mixed feeling about guy being kept alive. To much great stuff happened this chapter.
Edited by narutofan85, Apr 9 2014, 04:48 AM.

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
Although Guy was saved, I hope there are at least some kind of consequences. Just like Lee had when he fought Garaa

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
Night Moth = Dynamikkuu Entorriiii!! <super amplified version> lol!

keket
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow what a great chapter. Gai was just amazing, too bad that his 8gate couldnt kill Madara. But i guess its only because kishi couldnt let most evil villain be killed by gai (and not because gai wasnt powerfull enough)

And naruto saving gai with just one touch was amazing. Makes me wonder if that ninshou has anything to do with that

Movado
Genin
[ *  * ]
Was it me or did Naruto fly kick remind everyone of Goku? I was like... Goku??? Oh nah, it's Naruto Lol.

kasanza30
Member Avatar
I've got my eye on you, Kishimoto....
[ *  *  * ]
Lol, poor Guy. He was gonna die all cool-like, trying to kill Madara only to have his kill and even his death... DENIED! Naruto now has the power of life. Wonder if he's gonna fight for awhile before Sasuke arrives. If nothing else, Guy looked bad-ass for that last attack.

The Tsuchikage
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
WOW did Madara loose an arm?

The 8 gates are awesome! But his skin is a mess!

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I kinda suspected that Guy wouldn't kick the bucket. As played up as the whole Eighth Gate was, it seemed inevitable that the consequence would be circumvented somehow. I'm not complaining though - it seems a little cheap, but it was a nice way for Naruto to casually show off his power-up. Not quite sure how any kind of healing could work seeing as he literally seemed to be dissolving, but it is what it is.

As for Night Guy... holy crap. It seems appropriate that the move itself is a simple kick, seeing as the other moves were just simple punches. Speed is always what made the difference. Now here, we have a kick that was so powerful, that it could apparently bend space. I didn't see that part coming. Of course Madara survived, and is already regenerating no less, but that he admitted to almost being killed was certainly something. As ridiculously overpowered as he has been all this time, that makes this the closest he has come to defeat.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well it seems that what I assumed would happened has happened, Naruto has come to Gai's aid and has saved him.

I must say this chapter was done well. Kishi has outdone himself showing off Might Gai and his 8th inner gate. This was something of legend, even Kakashi has been left in awe of Gai's awesome power and skill. I would have liked some more commentary from Kakashi in regards to Gai's power, but I guess we did not need it after 'Night Guy'.

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the outcome of Madara. Half of him is gone and yet, he continues to attack!? He's not and ET anymore, the dude should be coughing up blood and just laying there.

It was good to see Naruto just play soccer with Madara's Gudou Dama, but with Naruto being able to do what Goku did with attacks, it makes me wonder what is left now? Has Naruto become more powerful than Madara, and if so, we'll he give him a last chance to change his mind or will he finally end Madara's life? And what about Sasuke, what is the point of him being around now?

Hopefully there is plenty more action to come. It feels like the story has come to an end.

Lastly, is it me or the Uchia Crest is a combination of what Naruto and Sasuke have on their palms now?

Great work!
Edited by BadKent, Apr 9 2014, 09:13 AM.

Sidharth
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Quote:

Lastly, is it me or the Uchia Crest is a combination of what Naruto and Sasuke have on their palms now?

I think Naruto and Sasuke have impressions of sun and moon on their palms,maybe representing the yin and yang.
This chapter was awesome.Gai's final attack was collosal.An attack with such a huge speed that it bends space..thats just awesome.Gai now has my utmost respect.
Naruto playing football with Madara's gudou dama was really cool.
I am really excited for the next chapter.

Wreck
Member Avatar
Emokage, Village of the Hidden Tears; Land of the Slit Wrists
[ * ]
Green Beast > Any Tailed Beast

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
Finally Madara and naruto can stop yelling.
It looks like the last panels there had the two of them simply conversing.
Good quiet before the storm moment as their momentum halts for a second.
...It's weird how a bond forms with your enemies after facing them so long or in this case intensely. Stunning stunning stunning chapter.

White Death
Member Avatar
Not my fault! Someone put a wall in my way!
[ * ]
Okay I like the fact that Naruto is back and he saved Gai, I won't deny that it was touching. However, I don't like that fact that Gai was saved at all by a random touch. To me, it downplays the whole Eight Gates thing. Gai should, in my personally opinion, just die because it ruins the image of his sacrifice. I will, however, overturn that if he stays the way he is. Burnt like a log and about to fall apart. Not being cruel or anything. Just stating that all the hype about the Eight Gates was that you got this awesome power and die as a result.

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I'm not going to hold Naruto stepping in at the last minute and saving Guy against Guy's awesome showing. He was willing to die to protect what is precious to him.
I think most of us saw something like this coming. What surprised me was how well done the chapter was. Really gave me a case of the feels. From Guy's sacrifice to Naruto's heroic entrance, I think this chapter was a success.
Naruto is the hero of this manga and I'm pretty sure he's getting ready to remind us all why.

Chapter gets a 10.

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Good chapter, but I would have wanted for Guy to pass on for more impact on the story.

Paladin Leeroy
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Maito Gai, we salute you.

I can't wait for this to be animated. If there's any justice in the world Pierrot will break the bank to give this fight the highest quality of animation possible.

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Great chapter! Guy was awesome! He received a better praise from Madara than hashirama ever got! Madara did not intend for him to die peaceably- I find that "real evil" of him, he really wanted to claim that kill. Badly damaged and still willing to fight, even laughing after nearly dying:Madara really is a war monster-he likes battle. SOSP was right, absolute power makes one to become ignorant: hence he did not give is full power to either Naruto or Sasuke but he split it into "the Right hand of God" and "the left hand of God"- even with that power both Naruto and Sasuke are ignorant, I did not hear a thank you from them to obito and kabuto, only a command "Let's go". I guess Naruto's last statement says it all:"I feel like I can do anything". Naruto is filled with lifes energy,one touch is what it takes to revive the life force of a dying being, meaning Sasuke is death himself. Naruto will just keep Madara busy till Sasuke comes, both of them as the New strongest tag team will end the war.

chubide
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
White Death
Apr 9 2014, 10:59 AM
Okay I like the fact that Naruto is back and he saved Gai, I won't deny that it was touching. However, I don't like that fact that Gai was saved at all by a random touch. To me, it downplays the whole Eight Gates thing. Gai should, in my personally opinion, just die because it ruins the image of his sacrifice. I will, however, overturn that if he stays the way he is. Burnt like a log and about to fall apart. Not being cruel or anything. Just stating that all the hype about the Eight Gates was that you got this awesome power and die as a result.
I hear what you are saying, but his so-called sacrifice would only be worth something if it actually ACCOMPLISHED something.

We all knew Shadinga-dara would either be entirely undamaged, or heal himself using some random ~~Dark rebirth of the Shadinga~~ superpower until eventually the Nakama power of -_- and :lol: takes him down. In another year or two at this rate.
As such, his entire fight and stupid flashbacks served as nothing more than filler fodder. So why not just let him live.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply