Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 10 (76.9%)
9 1 (7.7%)
8 2 (15.4%)
7 0 (0%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 13
Shippuuden Episode 358 Airs
Topic Started: Apr 10 2014, 09:26 AM (978 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good episode, Itachi still looks and sounds way too damn old. Wonder how it would have played had they gone with a female VA for young Itachi early on.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Neogin
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Danzo vs Shisui was a pretty brief, yet crazy fight. Though I knew how this skirmish would end, it was still shocking to see Danzo rip out Shisui's eye so effortlessly.

How old is Itachi supposed to be at this point in time? 15?

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
This was a damn good episode. A lot of stuff that has been talked about during the series that we haven't seen/ Love seeing Shisui doing stuff, and also how he actually lost his eye. Danzo still didn't trust him after everything he said he'd do for the village. also explains why the Coup never originally happened, since Shisui was basically the strongest Uchiha. Animation was great as I thought it would be for this episode. Hopefully next week, we see Itachi meeting up with Obito and Obito's part of the massacre. 10/10

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
Why would Danzo steal his former teammates's son's eyes? and where did Danzo get that original sharingan eye of his before he stole Shisui's?

i thought Kakashi never knew the truth behind the massacre until Obito told him in the Five Kage arc
Edited by AburameSenpai, Apr 10 2014, 02:44 PM.

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
^ He pulled it out of a plot hole.

It was nice to see Ao again, and for Danzo to admit to being a paranoid a-hole. (He didn't say that, but still.)

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
That skirmish between Danzou and Shisui was downright brutal. Awesome.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
No disrespect to him but I feel like it wasn't until prior to his death did Danzou truly honestly do something entirely for the sake of Konoha and not himself.

Guy Kage, is Danzou still the guy you would have rather had in office?

Question: who's sharingan is that Danzou had and what technique did he use causing his blindness in that eye?
Edited by sounddrops, Apr 10 2014, 03:50 PM.

Riddengan
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sounddrops - I think he used Izanagi on him. I believe that's what it's called. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

toadsage06
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Riddengan
Apr 10 2014, 05:27 PM
Sounddrops - I think he used Izanagi on him. I believe that's what it's called. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep it was izanagi, and this episode was great. They did a great job of showing how twisted danzou really was, I'm glad sasuke killed him. It just feels right that he fell at the hands of a uchiha B)

sounddrops
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Thanks guys. I still wonder who his first uchia kill was.

I used to think very little of him and that he was just this bitter guy.

However I no longer feel this way. He had accomplished a lot, and did have great power.
He was an average ninja tinkered with to be this bad to the bone guy. I re read the circumstances of his eventual death and he fought well. Amazing fight with shishui it was so fast and left me wanting to see his com at ability more, but wow a fight I'll always remember

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Danzou is down right bad! His former team mate who save his life a number of times,yet he wanted to kill his son. If shishui was serious about harming him and If had he not use izanagi, he would have lost! He even came with other shinobi too. Shishui did a lot for Konoha, had he gone to that meeting with only one eyes, there would have been Coup that very night. No wonder itachi was always ready for danzou (and danzou feared his him and his genjutsu). I really want to see how it became right to kill all the Uchiha and not all the rest villagers.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Naruto logic: You can pluck eyes effortlessly and you can't bleed to death.

Can't help but to lol at how paranoid Danzo is. Then again, everything surprisingly went well for Danzo. He got to live for another 15 years because of this.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
that's what bothers me. He says Uchia are such a big problem, and convinces Konoha to agree.
All for "safety", but I personally think he wanted power and sharangins and what better way to do my job and get my personal objectives advanced.

Honestly I get and support ANBU and ROOT, they exist for a reason that I'm cool with. That said, promoting war and condemning an entire clan is not something I can be cool with.

And am I just supposed to overlook the whole taking out and inserting of eyes like it's nothing?

Susanooo
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I think danzo is the one who killed KAGAMI UCHIHA. That's why he had a sharingan already and used Izanagi to Shisui Uchiha and got blinded. and replaced it with shisui's. HE SAID, KAGAMI UCHIHA'S VISUAL PROWESS ALWAYS HELPED HIM MANY TIMES. hinting that kagami did not helped him but his eyes that danzo is using.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
sounddrops
Apr 11 2014, 11:19 PM
that's what bothers me. He says Uchia are such a big problem, and convinces Konoha to agree.
All for "safety", but I personally think he wanted power and sharangins and what better way to do my job and get my personal objectives advanced.

Honestly I get and support ANBU and ROOT, they exist for a reason that I'm cool with. That said, promoting war and condemning an entire clan is not something I can be cool with.

And am I just supposed to overlook the whole taking out and inserting of eyes like it's nothing?
Well I never had the implications that what he did was justified or the right thing to do. Danzo is only after power, but more importantly to maintain the ideals he has over the Leaf Village to keep the secrecy. Now he could've simply did that by following the original plan of using Kotoamatsukami. Yet, the reason I call Danzo paranoid is -because- of Kotoamatsukami. As soon as Shisui announced that it was a thing, Danzo instantly saw the potential danger within it. Like he stated in the episode, Shisui would eventually use it against Danzo. Mainly because what was shown in the episode is that he has so much respect for Hiruzen that I assume Danzo may saw Shisui possibly spying on him with Kotoamatsukami. The power of that technique alone would be more than enough reason to get rid of Shisui's eyes.

So Danzo pretty much killed 3 birds with one stone by getting rid of Shisui for his dangerous power, wiping out the Uchiha Clan for the obvious threat of their genjutsu(even though they obviously had that impulse maintained and it was Obito's instigation), and have Itachi play the role of the villain. He still had loyalty for Hiruzen, since he believed in his judgment on allowing Sasuke to live wasn't a potential threat of revenge(was he was absolutely wrong about shown 15 years later) AND he still trusted Uchiha that were loyal to him by allowing Itachi to live the life of a common thug instead of a major criminal when obviously he was a very powerful person and was constantly increasing in power. Yet, the fact that him being a traitor being revealed as a public threat made it so Itachi couldn't easily betray the Leaf Village if he ever came back. But the fact Itachi would never do that is what separates him from Sasuke and makes Itachi a true Leaf Shinobi to the very end.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked getting more details into what happened during and after the Kyuubi attack. We finally got to see what the Uchiha Clan was doing at that time. During Kushina's flashback their absence did come off as suspicious. I also liked the discussion between Danzou and Hiruzen and the meeting between the village elders that followed. The discussion at hand was to be expected and kind of planted the seeds of what was to eventually happen to the clan.

The skirmish between Danzou and Shisui was pretty cool. Danzou was fortunate to be able to use Izanagi in that situation. The scene where he ripped Shusui's eye out made me think of a Mortal Kombat fatality. Anyway, it's a shame Shisui never got a chance to try out his plan. I'm now curious as to how things would have turned out had Danzou not interferred.

It was interesting to see Shisui actually commit suicide. I know that was the story all along but when more information became available to us I started to wonder if Danzou/ANBU Root killed him after he gave his other eye to Itachi. With that said getting to see the activation of Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan was a definite highlight for me.

This filler arc continues to be put together quite nicely. I'm very pleased. The brief scene with Ao was a bonus. Ever since he made mention of Shisui during the meeting of the Five Kage I wanted to know what happened between the two.

Episode gets a 10.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Right on BHM.

Paranoia to keep power. I'm on board with that.
What broke my heart was that shishui made at sacrifice, I don't believe he would of ever would of used his MS technique against Danzou although of course I can't prove that.

Then, itachi who was one of the few who could have done so much for Konoha gets thrown under the bus with countless others. Just pains me, reminds me of the real world too much.
That said, how cool even after their natural death they still did so much....
Edited by sounddrops, Apr 13 2014, 09:31 AM.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah I doubt he would've used it against Danzo, but Danzo probably was still bothered about Kakashi's instigation into saving Yamato from Root that he didn't trust anyone who worked so closely with the 3rd.

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
I was hoping to see more of Itachi using Ninjutsu other than fire element during Anbu missions but it seems Kakashi is the one getting the spotlight with too much chidori. I am beginning to get tired of it just like detest rasengan.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply