Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 37 (74%)
9 7 (14%)
8 5 (10%)
7 0 (0%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 1 (2%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 50
Chapter 673 Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 16 2014, 07:43 AM (6,214 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Only big thought is I wonder what Obito is going to ask of Sakura? Remove the Rinnegan?

A bit strange that Sasuke only Rinnegan-activated one eye too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

narutotrainer
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Great Chapter! Sasuke's Rinnengan/Sharingan eye looks just like the one the mother of the Sage of the Six Paths had and Sasuke only has one such eye just like her as well. Sasuke also has the extra Tomoe in his new eye just like The Rabbit Demon. I wonder what the difference is between a pure Rinnengan and a Sharingan/Rinnngan combo? I'm sure Sasuke has some unique moves Madara won't have access to. I can't wait to see the full extant of both Naruto and Sasuke's power ups.
Edited by narutotrainer, Apr 16 2014, 07:57 AM.

wingxzero
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
So the part when madara says "I am truly immortal" after from what it looks like him absorbing the tree. Was that ootsutsuki kaguya that's within madara now? I think the reason why sasuke only has one rinnegan activated is b/c he has half of the sage's power. Naruto right hand has the sun, while sasuke's has the moon on the left. the only thing i find odd about sasuke rinnegan is it's a fusion of the sharingan, the rinnegan that kaguya and the ten tails possessed.
Edited by wingxzero, Apr 16 2014, 07:57 AM.

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Perhaps Kaguya's origin will become important after all? I can't think of anyone else who might have spoken out to Madara. Is it possible that she emerged from the tree itself? Kind of farfetched, I suppose.

At any rate, it was cool to see Naruto using Youton, combining it with his own technique no less. I hope we get to see him use the other Tailed Beasts' powers.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Eorzean Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not sure how to feel about this chapter. To decisively overpower Madara, casually dodge Limbo and snap the ENTIRE Shinju tree like a twig in one fell swoop illustrates Naruto to be on a level very close to a full-control Juubi Jinchuuriki, if not outright on par with one. He's doing things that not even Hashirama could hope to do under the same circumstances. To be honest, I didn't foresee the power inflation being this extreme but I should have expected it either way. I'm not necessarily against it, but it'll certainly take some adjusting on my part.

And now Sasuke has the... Rinnegan? ...Sharinnegan? Whatever it is, I suppose it's far more potent than Madara's Rinnegan. It has to be if he's going to compete at this level.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great chapter, Kaguya's willingness to be taken in with the ten tails has me thinking what was it the brothers actually fought?? And Madara's power fed ego might have just turned him into a pawn... Naruto's new look is kind of unexpected, but still cool... Sasuke looks under dressed, but the origin rinnegan looks beast...

keket
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
why is everybody thinks that it was Kaguya who spoke to madara? It was clearly shown in 6path sage`s flashbacks that holy tree had his own mind.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I have to say the chapter was pretty good as far as feats of power go. Naruto has literally surpassed those before him and has acquired a power that even Madara could not believe.

As @Lunacy, I too will need to get adjusted to this new power level Naruto has obtained. I'm sure Sasuke will have obtained it equally. While it's exciting that we may finally get the battle we've all been waiting for I will maintain my excitement to a low until we've seen both, Naruto and Sasuke, working as one.

A few thoughts about what may happen next:

Obito's last request is for Sakura to kill him and transplant his eye to Kakashi, possibly Sasuke, but most likely Kakashi as a gesture of remorse.

Madara's overconfidence in his tree power will be his downfall

Naruto will puke and pass out after having sake with Gaara. (On that note, does this mean Gaara finally sees Naruto as an equal and not as a child?)

Might Gai, will come back from the ashy world and witness the powers to be.

Sakura will remain in the null void and never come out ever, to be forgotten from the series completely. (This will be the climax of the story!! :lol: )

cquence72000
Member Avatar
Mutant: Omega class
[ *  * ]
Man, Naruto wasted no time at jumping on that a....toosh. AND, of course he'd go with a steroid ridden sage style Rasen-shurikan (suped up by Sengoku.....nice). I dug this chapter.

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh wow, Sasuke has the "Sharinnegan" that we saw in the Jyubi like a million years ago in that flashback.

I wonder why Madara didn't activate it as fully?

So basically Naruto has a better body since he has the Sage's senjutsu instead of the 1sts, and Sasuke has the better eyes (eye?) since he has the original perfected Dojutsu of the Jyubi.

I do find it strange how it is one eye only so far. But I'm guessing for a chapter or so we get so see a Mauling of Madara followed by one last twist (Most likely the tree taking control with the mind of Kagyua) that will pressure the heroes one last time.

Otherwise this manga really seems over.

The Guardian
Member Avatar
The God Of War
[ *  *  *  * ]
Like Lunacy said, it seems like the power increase is too high. I wasn't expecting that level. On the other hand, I'm happy Madara doesn't seem to be the main bad guy. In fact, it seems someone else, maybe the other half of the Juubi, or Kaguya.

What does Obito want from Sakura. I think a warriors death. Kill him and redeem himself one last time by giving the other part of the Sharingan to Kakashi.

Why is Sasuke's Rinnegan different? Is it possible that because he has the blessing on the SOSP as well as the reincarnation spirit of the elder son

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
keket
Apr 16 2014, 08:55 AM
why is everybody thinks that it was Kaguya who spoke to madara? It was clearly shown in 6path sage`s flashbacks that holy tree had his own mind.
Did the holy tree have the Byakugan??? My take on it is iKaguya was somehow imprisoned.... Well thats what it looked like for me...

The Guardian
Member Avatar
The God Of War
[ *  *  *  * ]
zerkone
Apr 16 2014, 11:07 AM
keket
Apr 16 2014, 08:55 AM
Did the holy tree have the Byakugan??? My take on it is iKaguya was somehow imprisoned.... Well thats what it looked like for me...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If she was stronger than SOSP like he said, she too must have found of a way to transcend on another level of existence; neither dead or alive.

With that said, though, the Holy Tree does have the same as that Kaguya did. If you notice on page 14 and 10, the eyes are the same.

Paladin Leeroy
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Regarding the power increase, Kishimoto left himself no other option. Madara is ridiculously powerful at this stage. Only Guy is able to fight him properly but that's only for a very short time. Someone needed a massive and convenient power up to fight Madara properly.

Plus these two have just been handed down Hagoromo's power between them. We'd probably be a little disappointed if they didn't get so much stronger after how much the power of The Sage of the Six Paths has been hyped.

Cheetah
Member Avatar
Sound Ninja from the Cloud
[ *  * ]
I'm hoping Madara gets the other eye somehow. Just so we can see Kishi push this final battle further beyond what we expected.
Edited by Cheetah, Apr 16 2014, 12:12 PM.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I still don't see how ya'll see Kaguya is the Shinju tree's words. We don't know of Kaguya's fate after her sons sealed Shinju's monster form. And I don't believe she fused with the tree, since it's said SOSP was the first Jinchuuriki.

chubide
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I suppose in the coming weeks (months) we shall find out what random powers Sassssske has gained by activating the ~TRUE~ eternal mangekyou rinnegan. Or whatever the hell he has now.

Meanwhile, Naruto gets *another* DASENGA which like all the other rasengans in his arsenal will
(a) Be used only once, in it's introductory chapter, and
(b) Forever either miss, or be entirely ineffective (*).

* - From a narrative perspective I can see the problem with the Rasengan, in that its *supposed* to be a one-hit kill, and precisely because of that, since Manga fights are supposed to be ~Epic~ and last for years, it can never be allowed to actually hit someone. The exception of course is filler Anime, but in those Naruto power level automatically drops to 0.01% of normal so that even unnamed fodder bandits keep getting hit with rasengans and shrugging it off.

I suppose though, even going with the one-and-done nature of new Rasengans, he still has .. 5 more to go ?

Two tails lend me your power ! FIRE RASENGAN
Three tails ! WATER (?) RASENGAN
Five tails ! HEADBUTT RASENGAN
Six Tails !! BUBBLE RASENGAN
Seven Tails ! LIGHT RASENGAN

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
That eye Sasuke had... O.O

And Naruto had black balls.... .... O_o

This is getting interesting, now.

I wonder what different shapes his Rasen-Shuriken can transform into, I'd like to see the Senjutsu + Sharingan + Rinnegan + Tailed beasts Rasengan xD
Edited by Sir Kisame, Apr 16 2014, 12:41 PM.

Movado
Member Avatar
Jiraiya is alive!!
[ *  * ]
Shikamaru
Apr 16 2014, 07:43 AM
Only big thought is I wonder what Obito is going to ask of Sakura? Remove the Rinnegan?

A bit strange that Sasuke only Rinnegan-activated one eye too.
Because Sasuke only got half the power. Last week i said Naruto is stronger than Sasuke and this prove true, even with SOSP power up, Naruto also have the tailed beast within him. Seem like Sage Mode proving useful too.

And in 1 chapter, Orchimaru intentions seems irrelevance now.

The Guardian
Member Avatar
The God Of War
[ *  *  *  * ]
BHM1250
Apr 16 2014, 12:25 PM
I still don't see how ya'll see Kaguya is the Shinju tree's words. We don't know of Kaguya's fate after her sons sealed Shinju's monster form. And I don't believe she fused with the tree, since it's said SOSP was the first Jinchuuriki.
The thing is, is it possible like SOSP, that Kaguya too is eternal and can reincarnate as well? I don't know why SOSP and his 2 sons can reincarnate into others, but seeing as how Kaguya is stronger than all of them, it's possible that she can do it too.

koolkhan
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Holy Moly Epic chapter!! Naruto's superpowered Rasenshuriken was just awesome!! So does that mean that Naruto has 8 more affinities at his disposal now?? and I hope that we also get to see Kurama's abilities aswell :D

and I agree with the fact that Kaguya spoke to Madara as holy tree, remember why the old man said that people started to fear his mother? That specifies to her actions as what she did back in her time.

And Sasuke's Rinnegan+Sharingan combination eye easily surpasses Madara's Rinnegan now.

In next chapter we'll get to witness uber high power levels!! Ohh and for the record this is not the final battle, that I can bet on it!! ;)

10/10

koolkhan
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The Guardian
Apr 16 2014, 12:46 PM
BHM1250
The thing is, is it possible like SOSP, that Kaguya too is eternal and can reincarnate as well? I don't know why SOSP and his 2 sons can reincarnate into others, but seeing as how Kaguya is stronger than all of them, it's possible that she can do it too.

I support your theory The Guardian, Kaguya was the most powerful being in the entire world.

Then again, maybe the tree has its own mind, I still cant leave out this thought that Madara is the final villain, we got to know this many times in the Manga.

The Guardian
Member Avatar
The God Of War
[ *  *  *  * ]
koolkhan
Apr 16 2014, 01:00 PM
The Guardian
Apr 16 2014, 12:46 PM
BHM1250

I support your theory The Guardian, Kaguya was the most powerful being in the entire world.

Then again, maybe the tree has its own mind, I still cant leave out this thought that Madara is the final villain, we got to know this many times in the Manga.
Yeah, the Tree itself is the Final Form of the Juubi. So it should have a mind of it's own.

blaccshinobi
Member Avatar
the one who has mastered all the ocular jutsu
[ * ]
most entertaining chapter in a while. i loved every page.

cant wait to see sasukes' new super susano'o

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The only problem I have with this chapter is the confirmation the Gai won't die, everything else was fantastic!! Naruto utilizing Son Goku's magma abilities in combination with his rasenshuriken was awesome!! Cut through the whole shinju! The shinju talking to Madra was interesting, the silhouette makes me feel like Kaguya is behind this. I definitely didn't see Madara absorbing the whole Shinju, nice twist! And Naruto and Sasuke both look pretty badass, I knew Sasuke would have the Rinnegan but Naruto's new cloak looks amazing! Let the final battle commence!! 10/10

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply