Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 13 (40.6%)
9 3 (9.4%)
8 5 (15.6%)
7 5 (15.6%)
6 - Average 0 (0%)
5 3 (9.4%)
4 2 (6.3%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (3.1%)
Total Votes: 32
Chapter 677 Discussion
Topic Started: May 21 2014, 08:16 AM (4,186 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Decent, I guess? Yamato confirmed. Was it clear how Minato made it back to Konoha?

Not sure what's going on with the ninja tools and TenTen. Are Samui and her brother about to be freed somehow?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

henryuja
Member Avatar
BASTARD the Exploder Wizard
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shikamaru
May 21 2014, 08:16 AM
Decent, I guess? Yamato confirmed. Was it clear how Minato made it back to Konoha?
It wasn't clear but he did fight Obito there so he probably has a few of those shuriken scattered around that place

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
677: Infinite Tsukuyomi
Madara's Infinite Tsukuyomi has begun!!! Almost everyone has been caught in the most powerful genjutsu, excluding Team 7 and the Edo Kages.
The Shinobi *Spiral Zetsu* under the mask has been revealed: It's Yamato! No surprise, I know...
Looks like everyone is going to DIE! YES, YES YES! NOBODY CAN'T STOP MADARA!!! HAHAHAHA! jOKING. eVERYtime Good wins.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Incredible chapter!! You very rarely see a villain in any series obtain his ultimate goal, Madara Uchiha has done it. On top of that we get the confirmation of Yamato being in the zetsu, where Killer bee and Minato are etc. Madara truly is an amazing character. Not only activating infinite tsukuyomi but also using his world of trees jutsu to cover the world! Seems like the only things not effected by it are edo tensei and Sasuke's susanoo. No doubt in my mind, this chapter gets a 10/10.

keket
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Greate chapter,
it still makes me wonder if bijuus inside naruto and killer bee will be able to snap them out of infinite tsukuomi. (because IMO KB will be the one who will use those ninja tools against madara)

and to minato`s arrival to konoha. As he said, his mark never disappear, so it makes sense that in konoha there will be some of them.
what more interesting is that marada`s black balls didnt harm him at all.

honoric
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
keket
May 21 2014, 08:53 AM

it still makes me wonder if bijuus inside naruto and killer bee will be able to snap them out of infinite tsukuomi. (because IMO KB will be the one who will use those ninja tools against madara)

NO..... B isnt a jinchuriki anymore...... hachibi leave him 1 tail of chakra so he won't die but he's not inside b to stop genjutsu...... ( bee is like gaara now)
and by the chapter it seem naruto is not immune ( he has only a half bijuu and some bits....)

Sidharth
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
i really enjoyed the chapter..the chapter had quite a few interesting points-
the first one was definitely the starting of the infinite tsukuyomi and the projection of kaguya on the sky.man didnt she look happy :P
the second that edo tensei hokage were not affected by the genjutsu which agrees by the fact that the tree would have engulfed any living being.which makes me wonder is there some connection between the tools of SOSP and them now.
third,finally we get to see killer b,yamato and minato.well i honestly thought that minato was done for after being hit by a couple of truth balls but i guess he managed to save himself.and you should focus on gyuuki's tentacles if you plan to capture him.
that telepathic connection between hinata and naruto was really good as well..the fact that she was thinking about him till the time she was captured by the tree was good(but isnt that what she always does)
so i guess team 7 would go on the offensive from the next chapter or will they plan and spend half the next chapter in that??

Roku
Member Avatar
ANBU Jedi adventurer
[ * ]
Naruto wanted to save Hinata. I think he hides his feelings for her to protect her, so she won't become a target. Rin was targeted by Madara because of Obito's blatant feelings for her. Also, I liked spiral Tobi before but I can't stand him now.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
There's not much to say about this chapter. I figured the chapter would be about everyone falling under the IT.

Finally Tenzo, Bee, and Minato come out to play again.

Naruto wanting to save Hinata shows that his feelings for her may have actually grown????

Luckily for Naruto and everyone else, Sasuke still has his head on and stopped him from taking off.

I will say that the only good parts of this chapter were Naruto's rasengans taking out the meteors (why he didn't do that in the beginning so sasuke could go after Madara is a mystery) and Madara's expression when casting the IT.

Okay chapter, nothing exciting.
Edited by BadKent, May 21 2014, 09:50 AM.

Kankuro's Bro
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Wasn't Sarutobi dead before the name Yamato was given? He wouldn't know it. Sorry for the nitpick, but that just stood out for some reason.

Otherwise, great chapter. Tenten is trying to be awesome despite not being a main character. I don't know why, but I find myself liking her character for the first time in... ever.

Wow, Naruto does care about Hinata after all. It only took him the entire series to actually show it. (exaggeration, but that's what it feels like sometimes)

Sasuke's analytical mind and Naruto's instinct have been playing off each other this whole time. In the last few chapters, it has been Sasuke taking the lead, and this chapter was a good example of that. For being apart so long, they have really fallen back into teamwork almost seamlessly.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daobs
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
It was actually nice to see every one with the Rinnegan, in terms of appearance. Orochimaru's expression was particularly interesting. To see him in such "fragile" state makes the whole situation more real.

So Bee was alive, but only now came out of the tentacle? Humm :/

It makes sense that Team 7 were not affected by the Genjutsu. If they did, it would be inevitable for them to snap out of it, making the Eye of the Moon plan way less terrifying than it is. Does this mean Sasuke will attach the Susanno to all the other members of team 7 like he did with Kurama before?

And what exactly is coming out of the scrolls? Only the tools? Samui and Atsui would fall in the Genjutsu, so is it the brothers? They could use the tools, but so could the Edo Kage.

Edited by Daobs, May 21 2014, 10:37 AM.

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is it just me or seen everyone, specially Orochimaru be caught in the genjutsu was sad. Unable to move and being aware of it too. The only reason I see Minato being in Konoha is that it could be a way to reserve it in the Uchiha tablet? Are we a month away from the finale right? It ends sometime in June.

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Salamanca
May 21 2014, 11:39 AM
Is it just me or seen everyone, specially Orochimaru be caught in the genjutsu was sad. Unable to move and being aware of it too. The only reason I see Minato being in Konoha is that it could be a way to reserve it in the Uchiha tablet? Are we a month away from the finale right? It ends sometime in June.
Who said it ends in June?

chingu92
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
it was a good chapter. Who said it ends in june?

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
There is no way it could end in a month. NEXT June, on the other hand...

Daniel-son
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Good chapter nothing extraordinary though, it was a filler chapter!! It was necessary... For build up next week! so Susanno with Sasukes Rinnegan can reflect the light this is very interesting.. Edo Hokages are still able to fight and if they find the scroll with ninja tools i see something interesting happening!!
Yamato finally being revealed as Swirly Zetsu was no surprise to anyone i dont think!
Also did I see Minato with 6 energy balls??
Edited by Daniel-son, May 21 2014, 02:25 PM.

Bloodedge
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Interesting that Kaguya's visage is shown. Looks like Madara has fulfilled her will and not only inherited it.
It'll all end up ok.

Funny seeing Orochimaru with a Rinnengan. He always did want powerful eyes - just a shame he is now effectively a zombie and can't control them.

I guess this is Narutoverse version of the Matrix?

bahalanaman
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Where was Yamato before all of these happened? He was used to create more Zetsu clones right? He came out wearing Zetsu spiral armor on this chapter also with rennigan. Something happen to Tenten and to the scroll, but cant understand the graphics on that page. There are so many questions. I hope there will be no break next week! Wew!

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
hinata uzumaki
May 21 2014, 12:48 PM
There is no way it could end in a month. NEXT June, on the other hand...
Lol, you're lying to yourself if you believe that they have enough content to last them for another year. Maybe another 1-3 months though. This is a manga, not a fanfic.

Anyways, not sure what to say about this chapter. It started off exciting then it ended up being... eh.

Tenten tripping threw me off a bit, but it seems justified since there had to be some logic from Naruto shooting out infinite Bijuu Damas. Like a previous comment said, this is basically the Matrix at this point. I'm guessing with her saying a Kumogakure ninja would know how to use it means Killer B possibility have some immunity to it.

Yamato, I believe that he's being possessed. Either that or he was lying about his origin. No, im not ignoring the filler. But still, that's what it is... a filler.

keket
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
honoric
May 21 2014, 09:11 AM
keket
May 21 2014, 08:53 AM
NO..... B isnt a jinchuriki anymore...... hachibi leave him 1 tail of chakra so he won't die but he's not inside b to stop genjutsu...... ( bee is like gaara now)
and by the chapter it seem naruto is not immune ( he has only a half bijuu and some bits....)
Im not so sure that B is not jin anymore. He pulled that tentacle trick against sasuke and it cost him only chakra of one tentacle. So we dont know how much chakra was madara able to take and how much was left to KB
And even if he has just part of hachibi in him he is still a jinchuriki.
(after all even naruto has part of hachibi in him and it looked like it came with all of his consciousness)

And only sasuke thinks that IT will have effect on Naruto. There was shown no effect on him whatsoever in whole chapter so for now its just speculation.

Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not sure where the June thing is coming from, even at the earliest this would still have at least 2-3 months. Madara is FINALLY at his final form (I hope) so he's going to get at least 5-6 chapters out of defeating him, then another few (probably more) to wrap the series up. If anything, you'd think it would be close to wrapping up on a full volume release chapter count number. 70 is almost done. They'd then probably fill 71 up with at least 8-12 chapters to close things out. That's still just a guess, it could still be another 30 chapters. Possibly 23? Kishimoto might like 700.

James Bailey
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Lv3
[ * ]
I bet Bee is immune because of his shades.

Truly awesome chapter by the way. I felt shocked at the magnitude of what happened. Someone said earlier how rare it is to see the bad guy's plans come to fruition, and it's just brilliant! Madara must rank as one of the best evils in any medium, not just manga.

Where's it going to go from here? I can't wait!!

redmoon
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Such an intense chapter! Can't believe that Madara's plan succeeded! :O_O:

But shouldn't the Third call Yamato "Tenzo"?

alekos23
Member Avatar
hell-in
[ *  *  * ]
well,if he uses Kaguya and/or Hags's brother as potential FV+,then things will get wonkier.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just some more random thoughts as I re-read the chapter.

Now I have a theory that the ET are not being affected because they're dead and have substitute bodies. The tree must only go after live bodies that are under the genjutsu.

What I find odd here is that if the tree lives off the chakra of those enveloped by it, shouldn't it actually go after the ET bodies being that they have infinite chakra????? Just a thought, even though I answered my own question.

@redmoon: I myself like calling him Tenzo, although I believe after Kakashi left ANBU, he was designated Yamato and he remained in the ANBU. I could be wrong, but I thought Kakashi was the only one that addressed him as Tenzo.

I feel for Orochimaru, as someone stated, he finally got his powerful eyes and yet, is unable to put them to use. He looks like a sad cat asking for treats.

Too bad you can't transfer the ET once it has been cast. It would be great to see Minato with arms again, I mean poor guy, he just seems helpless laying there staring at the moon. I mean can he even get up now?

So was Sarutobi trying to free Tsunade from the tree in that one panel??? I can't make if he is or not.

Okay I think this may be it for now.
Edited by BadKent, May 21 2014, 04:36 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply