Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 21 (50%)
9 4 (9.5%)
8 5 (11.9%)
7 6 (14.3%)
6 1 (2.4%)
5 - Average 1 (2.4%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 4 (9.5%)
Total Votes: 42
Chapter 678 Released
Topic Started: May 27 2014, 11:10 PM (5,353 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
I guess I didn't see that coming? I figured there might be a chance Kaguya could still play some part, but I didn't predict this...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Loved seeing everyone's fantasies inside the Infinite Tsukiyomi and definitely didn't see Kaguya coming.

10/10

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
The genjutsu made me smile, I didn't think that Madara could ever make me do that. But it's unfortunate that it is all a lie, naruto is right...glad I quickly snapped out of that one!

...we all knew Madara wasn't the "final villain" but I didn't remotely think black zetzu would be responsible for playing the kaguya card. I'm appreciating that I can still get shocked with this story.

narutotrainer
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
WOW! I don't think anyone saw this coming! So this whole time, Black Zetsu was working to realize kaguya's will and not Madara's. I first thought Obito may have regained control of Black Zetsu but it looks like we may be seeing Kaguya reincarnated. She basically had a grand plan and Madara this whole time has unwittingly done what she has wanted him to do much like Obito did for Madara. I can't wait to see what happens next, it's getting wild!

RowdyThump
Sharingan Warrior
[ * ]
Sasuke putting Kakashi in his place... jeez

toadsage06
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
so sasuke is in jerk mode against the whole team 7, kaguya was somehow having her will done by black zetsu. I really want to see how this gets explained O_o

Kankuro's Bro
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
At the risk of stating the obvious, I really didn't see that coming. I guess Black Zetsu will be the big bad once he hops from Obito to Madara. Out of all the crazy things Kishimoto has dropped on us, this one has to be the biggest surprise to me so far. Other thoughts.

It almost feels cruel to make Gaara wake up from that.

Kiba's dream. Dog day. I love that goofy bastard.

Shikamaru and Temari remain oblivious to having the hots for each other even in a dream, it seems.

Tsunade. All the feels.

Also, it's way past time for Sasuke to dial it back on being a complete jerk all the time. At least he finally talked to them like actual people. Maybe there's hope.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Peacebrew
Member Avatar
Fire vs. Fire
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOL. Wat teh ****.

Making Kaguya come back, in that way, is just bad in so many ways.
More thoughts and explanation later!

The Tsuchikage
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
This is hilarious those dreams

Annnnnd I did not see that coming. Though I am not surprised. Why could she not manifest somehow, like her son and grandchilder have?

The Guardian
Member Avatar
The God Of War
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hahaha, I knew it. There was too much emphasis on Kaguya for her not to become a villain.

What I am shocked of course is about Black Zetsu. Apparently he is an agent of Kaguya. Either she corrupted him or he is her agent..literally; sent to Madara by her through the Tree.

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
I guess Kaguya is the Narutoverse satan. Satan had been sealed and for centuries, tried to regain her power.

I liked the dream portion of the chapter. 10/10

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Crazy chapter! I have no idea how to rate this one.

-Sasuke went full a-hole!
-Seeing Gaara's dream was particularly touching!
-Black Zetsu coming out of no where with the betrayal!

I actually made sounds while reading this chapter. Noises escaped my mouth. Just for pure crazy, I'm giving this one a 9.

Daniel-son
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Black Zetsu must be caught in the genjutsu... What a stupid way to revive Kaguya...! <_<
So the strongest ninja ever "again" gets killed with a stab through the heart by a hand this time.... :FP:

Like everyone else I didn't expect this... I expected Kaguya to show up in someway but not like this...
I wanted Madara to get defeated by Team 7 ...
But then again this might just be a dream so there's still hope for next chapter!!
Edited by Daniel-son, May 28 2014, 02:16 AM.

CrazySmurf
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sasuke arrogance isn't strange..
The details of the dreams can be expected by everyone I guess.. I just liked to see what was it for Orochimaru..
Kaguya's will.. betrayal.. hmmm.. The biggest surprise for me so far..
How come Madara claim that it's his will..? Did Kaguya brainwashed his mind to believe that..?!
Ah, I wonder if White Zetsu is related to Kaguya too..!
Black Zetsu's attack looks like a killing attack.. No idea if he/she will get back Madara's eyes..!
What if he waited for Madara to get rid of team7 before killing him..?
Execuse my English.. :-)

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Really great chapter, Very Hilarious dreams everyone had. Would havod to see Orochimaru, Suigetsu, Sai, Sakura and kakashi's dream too (had they been trapped). How I wish Hinat's dream and Mizukage's dream was a reality. So Ino can't decide between Sasuke and Sai.

Sasuke is not going to be an Hokage with this attitude, Kakashi is aware of that. I think Kakashi is just playing along for now due to the threat they now face- sasuke's issues will be dealt with later. Sasuke can't respect any weak person/shinobi. He just maybe the Next Villian when he comes after Naruto's power-seeing as only Naruto can rival him.

I thought Kaguya was inside the holy tree, inside Madara. I knew she will be back via Madara but I never thought Black zetsu was her will. That explains a lot; (1) Why Madara knew the hand seals/jutsu name and what they do when he never saw anyone used the rinnegan nor have this much power before. (2) why black Zetsu was able to instruct Nagato via Obito how to use the rinnegan jutsu's. (3) How black Zetsu knew so much about jutsu's/ legendary weapons etc. Of course Madara created black Zetsu while still attached to the Gedou statue via a "root".

I think black zetsu was waiting for madara to activate the 3rd eye before attacking when his guide was down, corrupting his essence and releasing Kayuga.

Even though it was is a shame to Madara as a puppet, on the plus side we may see more stories about what Hagoromo and his brother's did to their Mother- hence the manga appearance of SOSP brother. If Madara was undefeatable what will kaguya be. The ET kages, and that SOSP treasure just might play a role in her defeat.

What really is Madara's Limbo/Shadow doing? Not attaching black zetsu is plane stupid, Team 7 don't need them flanking them, after all team 7 is not running away but there to make a stand.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Emotional chapter seeing everyone's dreams. Good to see Neji again. Especially liked Lee's and Gaara's dreams the most, although all of them were pretty good. Like the rest of you, definitely didn't see Black Zetsu turning on Madara. Seems like Kaguya is about to make a come back, damn. Really enjoyable chapter, can't wait for next weeks as I have no idea what's going to happen. I assume Kaguya will take over Madara but we'll see. 10/10

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
678: My Will
Really if I understand something at all...
Everyone are living their dream (didn't know Kiba wanted to become Hokage)
What happened in this chapter was really unexpected. How can Black Zetsu betray his master, Madara? How can this be possible? ?????
Instead of this, Kishimoto could have prolonged this: After Madara's defeat (if he was defeated) he should have invoked Kaguya. Don't know why he did this earlier, but...OK.
So, as a conclusion we can say Madara IS Not the Final Villain, but Kaguya. A woman. lol. A woman is the final villain...hmm...
Don't know what will happen to Madara...die or Kaguya will control him?

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Sinedd
May 28 2014, 05:49 AM
Instead of this, Kishimoto could have prolonged this: After Madara's defeat (if he was defeated) he should have invoked Kaguya. Don't know why he did this earlier, but...OK.
So, as a conclusion we can say Madara IS Not the Final Villain, but Kaguya. A woman. lol. A woman is the final villain...hmm...
Don't know what will happen to Madara...die or Kaguya will control him?
My thought exactly, after Madara's defeat then Kaguya. But kishi knows best.

Yes, the final villian is a WOMAN,...cool right? After all, it all started with her. I always wondered, why write about the infinite tsukyomi in the stone tablet in details with thinking someone we see it through?

Madara is not going down without a fight.

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
Kaguya's summoning, well that wasn't expected at least not guessed for within this chapter O_o

Gaara's story seems quite humble and touching, unlike many others, I guess he's the only one that had a real emotional bond with Naruto, dissimilarly to Hinata, et c.

That change of character from Black Zetsu though, what on Earth did he do to Madara... Seriously Madara is like on level, 12/10 in this Mangaverse and he just got stomped on by his own 'creation' with one hit. Guess we'll find out soon.

:O_O:
Edited by Sir Kisame, May 28 2014, 07:19 AM.

Bloodedge
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I hate Sasuke, he is an arrogant jerk.
I think this has gone too far with Kaguya behind the scene of Madara who was behind the scene of Obito, who was behind the scene of Nagato.

Madara was an incredible villain, gradually introduced throughout the second part of the manga, built up to be a baddass, co-founder of Konoha, finally gets the Rinnengan, and then gets skewered by Aloe Vera in the name of a character who should have stayed a legend.

yitz
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
10/10

Loved the "dream" sequences.
Eno has some feelings for Sai??? Did I miss something there?
Rock Lee standing over the battered bodies of Naruto and Sasuke, with Sakura draped all over him = best ninja dream ever .....EVER.
Sasuke more a dick then ever. Is Sasuke getting corrupted by the new powers he's is getting? Kinda like the Hermits brother???
Arrogance .... Madara's ultimate weekness. Gotta watch your back Madara. Second time defeted by a back stab. Love it :)
Can team 7 take down the Mother of all Villans???
Can't wait to read more.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I love Madara as much as the next guy, I mean he's my freakin profile pic, but who doesn't want to see Kaguya? She is demonic as hell and the strongest character of the series. Hopefully this isn't the last we've seen of Madara though

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The lives inside the genjutsu were a nice touch. It was good to see everyone's view of a happy life.

Is it just me or Sasuke is getting a bit to bossy, I mean is he stressed out or something. That lashing out at Sakura and Kakashi was uncalled without provocation. Although, I have to say I liked the way Kakashi handled it as well as Naruto's outburst.

I had a feeling Kaguya was going to make some type of appearance but I did not expect her making her presence through BZ. That said, I can handle her making her comeback, but what I didn't like was how BZ just paralyzed Madara and seems to be taking control of him. Madara is top dog right now, he's got no rival with his power, yet BZ is able to control him???? Not buying it.

Overall the chapter was enjoyable, some bickering by team 7, images of dreams that come true, susanno looking bad a**, and finally Madara getting a taste of his own medicine.

Bring it Kaguya!

cquence72000
Member Avatar
Mutant: Omega class
[ *  * ]
Aaah..... Damn!
Don't...... knoooowwwWhat ya say about that.
Sasuke was right, though. Just didn't have to be a doosh about it.

Funny dreams....

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Goodnight, sweet prince.
[ *  *  *  * ]
narutofan85
May 28 2014, 08:49 AM
I love Madara as much as the next guy, I mean he's my freakin profile pic, but who doesn't want to see Kaguya?

Anyone who wants their antagonists to actually have a decent amount of characterization or personality and be much more than just a generic caricature of godlike strength, I'd hope.

Also, I'm not completely sure why you feel the need to point out your appreciation for Madara as if it somehow changes any of the points being made. A lot of people in general like Madara as a villain for extremely shallow reasons, so it isn't at all surprising that they would like Kaguya for the exact same reasons.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply