Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 12 (35.3%)
9 3 (8.8%)
8 3 (8.8%)
7 4 (11.8%)
6 3 (8.8%)
5 - Average 3 (8.8%)
4 0 (0%)
3 2 (5.9%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 4 (11.8%)
Total Votes: 34
Chapter 679 Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 4 2014, 12:40 AM (4,906 Views)
Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
Uhh... yeah.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

toadsage06
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
uhh...that kind of happened suddenly

Rika24
Member Avatar
NaruHina, SasuSaku, KakaGai Fan
[ * ]
well at least Obito is free. i wonder if he's under the genjutsu or not. and Kakashi worried me there when he jumped in front of Sakura like that... please don't let that be foreshadowing Kakashi sacrificing himself at some point :( i NEED to see him use white chakra somehow!

but over all, Kaguya looks to be an awesome final big bad (unless there's someone controlling her from behind the scenes...)

James Bailey
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Lv3
[ * ]
Bye bye madara! Hello kaguya! Thanks for the white zetsu clarification. And for not killing Obito. But what a mysterious throw-away comment about itachi.

That's some serious genjutsu or something like that at the end!

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
So black Zetsu was Kaguya this whole time? Obito must be dead as we knew the only thing keeping him alive was the zetsu. We knew this while ordeal happened before, I really wanna know, who or what stopped her.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Why people think Obito is alive? The guy clearly died ages ago.

Not much to say about this chapter other than what's obviously stated.

Also, I like that little art that was shown at the beginning of the chapter. I wonder if Sakura could wield that axe in an alternate world lol.

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Still not a huge fan of the Kaguya thing, especially since she is now even stronger. I feel kind of underwhelmed, now. Naruto and Sasuke didn't really have enough time to really show off against Madara, and now it would seem that he's out of the chapter. At any rate, she does seem to be appropriately menacing.

Daniel-son
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Mohrpheus
Jun 4 2014, 02:25 AM
Still not a huge fan of the Kaguya thing, especially since she is now even stronger. I feel kind of underwhelmed, now. Naruto and Sasuke didn't really have enough time to really show off against Madara, and now it would seem that he's out of the chapter. At any rate, she does seem to be appropriately menacing.
You took the exact words out of my mouth.
This just feels rushed, still not happy about the way Madara was killed...
I would of liked to see the 3 way battle and when Madara is about to get defeated by Team 7 then have black Zetsu intervene and bring back Kaguya ... :(

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
My My, what a great chapter! Almighty Grand-ma is back to scold/discipline her children. I thought after Sasuke and Naruto recognised the power she wields they would apologise and ask for her forgiveness. Seriously they are outmatched. Kaguya is like a robot-emotionless, superior knowledge, analytical abilities.
It seems kaguya lived long enough to see her grand children. Since Hagoromo's gift was able to help Naruto and Sasuke, it seems he and his brother were the ones who did kaguya in.

We finally have hagoromo's brother by name- Hamura. We may see him soon, since Sasuke and Naruto need his powers to uprgrade/do some serious damage to kaguya.
I did say in this forum that Kaguya did infinite tsykoumi sometime in the beginning and that was why it was properly documented in the tablet, if he survived it-it also means Naruto will also.

In the End, she switch the venue for the fight (reminded me of when black Zetsu stated he his the ground itself), just when I was thinking like Naruto that she won't fight anymore. She must really hate her offspring.

BLOCKS: (1) Black zetsu noted Itachi's genius is superior to Sasuke's. Why mention something like that now? (2) Why would BZ/Kaguya need an army of white zetsu when there is no one else to fight. (3) Madara's flesh headband which fell on ten ten's scroll just may put madara or hamura back in play.
Edited by Rikoduo Sennin, Jun 4 2014, 04:27 AM.

King of Everything
Member Avatar
I'm King, what else is there to know?
[ *  * ]
Soooooo...Kaguya is calling the Earth her nursery? And she needs it to breed soldiers? (For what? Soldiers are only useful if there's a war to fight...) So, yeah, I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's probably aliens. Kishi did love DBZ after all...

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Great chapter with some interesting developments. Everyone turning into zetsu's is pretty crazy. Also Madara absorbing all that chakra, almost DBZ like with Cell. And of course Kaguya, she looks crazy! Hope we get a little more back story on her character though. Overall very good chapter.
Edited by narutofan85, Jun 4 2014, 04:49 AM.

koolkhan
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
What an epic chapter!! It really felt that Kaguya truly is the all powerful final boss of Narutoverse, I mean her powerlevels are way beyond comparison now, and we've all noticed that earlier that Kaguya had Byakugan so 5 points for that.

And yes its time for Hagoromo's brother Hamura to show up and give his powers to Naruto and Sasuke, cuz at this rate its not gonna be any good if they dont receive powerups.

On a side note, its possible that Uzumaki clan could show up since they were experts of sealing things and use SOSP sealing tools.

10/10

Daobs
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Awesome chapter illustration at the beginning. Now we just need to wait a while to be able to play as wizard Kakashi in a future Naruto Storm game.

I'm still shocked with Kaguya's return. After years of downgrading women's roles in the series, Kishi gives us a final (?) female villain. Let us hope she doesn't use frying pans as a weapon.

Did Kaguya hesitate to kill Naruto and Sasuke after noticing her grandchildren's powers, or was she incapable of killing/taking their chakra because of it?

So were they moved to a volcano, or are they still in the same place? It makes me wonder what role the Edo Kages and the Sage's tools will have.

Broncoboogieman
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
So Buu swallows everyone and now it's up to Mr Satan, Vegeta, Goku and a Kai to save all yet again!

The Peacebrew
Member Avatar
Fire vs. Fire
[ *  *  *  * ]
Why... oh why... the series had it peaks as Madara as the villain... B.Z pops into Madara, and Kaguya is (physically?) reincarnated... right :FP:

I have a hunch that Hagoromo and/or Hamura physically makes an appearance too... Or Naruto is able to talk-no-jutsu. Kaguya seems to be able to atleast care about her "precious".

Next chapter is probably going to be banter towards Hagoromo and Hamura from Kaguya, about how they failed as her children...

(It was also hinted back when Madara fought Hashirama after Hashirama was Edo'ed that Kaguya tried to pull off the exact same plan but failed due to Hagoromo and Hamura. But I don't see the same outcome happen again. Some last twists is going to pop-up.)

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
While I like how they made the final villain a woman (not getting into that discussion; the final villains of almost all series have been men even if you count Indiana Jones), Sasuke and Naruto were having a hard enough time with Madara. How do you fight a literal god?

The only thing that gave me pause though was Kaguya's 'army.' Is she trying to take over the universe? I mean there's no one left to fight or control otherwise...

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Uhhh.... Madara basically became a woman.

7/10

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
If you think about it, Kaguya is basically like Jenova from FF7. Since Jenova was technically the main antagonist of the story despite barely being in the story, but majority of the fans see her son, Sephiroth, as the main antagonist since he did all the plotting, manipulating, and trolling. It's pretty much the same way with Madara and Kaguya. And to be honest, unless Kaguya pulls off a 1 vs 1000s like Madara done then im certain she'll won't be a memorable villain.

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
BHM1250
Jun 4 2014, 01:53 AM
Why people think Obito is alive? The guy clearly died ages ago.
Then why would Kakashi think about him twice? Once seems like it would suffice for a corpses. It it possible that Obito is dead. It just doesn't seem likely to me. (Well, I hope so anyways...) I would like for him to return and troll again. That's what he does best!

Chapter was okay. Art was a little weak. Gets a 7.

P.s. What the h*** does Kaguya need an army for...?! Isn't the entire world trapped inside the infinite tsukuyomi right now?

If it's alien/outer space based.... deduct 5 points from my rating.
Edited by Saninus, Jun 4 2014, 09:35 AM.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
:huh: Just Lame...... :o The next thing will be a Naruto and Sasuke fusion YEA!!!!

@BHM1250

:D Kaguya literally died ages ago, what's your point??
Edited by zerkone, Jun 4 2014, 09:40 AM.

guilllerm0
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Kaguya is from a far away land my guess she needs her army to go back to conquer her native soil where ever she came from.. Looks like the sage didn't get a chance to fill them in the whole story, Prior to sending them off to do battle. My guess is naruto heals or resurrects obito then he teleports all to other realm and buy some time to come up with a plan then EDOs take over the battle. Till they return. They get defeated and then sages bro appears and saves the day.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Uhm... Not much to say or don't know what to say. I'm disappointed in regards to Madaras transgender.

What will be next for Naruto and Sasuke, a fusion as Zerkone stated? I hope not the way this is turning out is a little out of left field, but I'm not giving up have dedicated to much time to Naruto.

oskwab
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I think the reason why Kakashi is more concerned about sakura is, he wants her to transplant Obito's eye to him. That is why he was thinking of Obito.
Page 14. Kakashi: Those two are definitely alright, most importantly, Sakura

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
679: She of the Beginning
Kaguya makes her appearance and Black Zetsu splits from Obito Uchiha. So, everybody will be White Zetsu clones? Really?
Like I said before, Obito appears do die in every single chapter. He died now or died before? Is he still alive? The same question over and over again.
As for Madara, I do not think he died....this will be very sad if he died, no last words and....so that means Madara's finished. Madara's Arc is over, we will move to a new ARC: Princess Kaguya Arc.
The Final Battle Begins!

RowdyThump
Sharingan Warrior
[ * ]
As interesting as the chapter was... it still feels somewhat out of place. There was a sense of dread for the shinobi when the Juubi was unleashed... then when Obito became the sage then all of a sudden Madara is alive again but now it feels a bit underwhelming because we've been led to believe Madara or Obito would be the one bad guy to defeat. It seems Sasuke and Naruto are probably gonna need another upgrade to defeat her but in turn they will practically be 17 year old super Gods even more so then they are now. Becoming Hokage for the two of them as a goal would seem rather underwhelming considering they have the ability to defeat anybody else in the shinobi world

And in other cases I guess we can really see Sasuke's Rinnengan teleportation technique go to work.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply