Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 11 (78.6%)
9 1 (7.1%)
8 2 (14.3%)
7 0 (0%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 14
Shippuuden Episode 364 Airs
Topic Started: Jun 5 2014, 08:27 AM (1,099 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Back after a week off.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
One of the best episodes in a while. Some obvious censoring in comparison to the manga, but the animation and music placement were excellent and the big scene we were all expecting was handled well.

10/10
Edited by Akatstewie, Jun 5 2014, 09:36 AM.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
A fantastic episode, and definitely one of the most memorable episodes of the series. Great action, some nice revelations about Obito using Rinne Tensei to become the Juubi Jinchuriki and of course the deaths. Pretty eerie when there was no noise at all when Shikaku was giving his final plan to everyone, reminded me of when Pain stabbing Hinata and there was no noise either, makes it pretty intense. Neji, wow! Reading and watching this series for a long time, and when a character of this magnitude dies, you feel it. Only minor change was they didn't show Neji get impaled in the anime while the in the manga. I'm sure it's just another censorship thing, and should have the uncut in the dvd. No doubt a 10/10.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Neji's death fell a little flat for me in the manga. It didn't really cause much of an emotional reaction...
I'm glad to say that wasn't the case here. D***! Really tugged at my heart strings there!

I always find it interesting how the anime can really drive home a scene from the manga. It can really expand on it. Give it pacing. Set the tone with music. I usually only watch the anime during these big moments... and an episode like this is why I still take the time to do that.

Episode gets a 10.
Edited by Saninus, Jun 5 2014, 12:20 PM.

Daobs
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sad to see Neji go, but at least he's free now. Hinata's speech was even sadder, in my opinion, due to the amazing music. I wonder why they decided not to focus more on the whole "Because you called me a dropout/genius" thing. I was also expecting the Kyubi's chakra around Hinata to be much brighter.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
:( This was an emotional episode for me, a whole lot of key characters dying in 1 episode.. I have to agree with Saninus, I didn't feel anything emotionally from reading the manga... But watching the pain on everyone's face and then Obito's taunt to Naruto, you pretty much would have to be a robot not to feel something... Hinata's love and Naruto's acceptance of that love was even expressed through the anime to the point where their is no longer any disputes about who Naruto has chosen...

Great episode 10/10 from me..
Edited by zerkone, Jun 5 2014, 09:50 PM.

shadow wolf
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Even when you see it coming .. you don't .

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
The taunt from Obito was painful, mean, and made my blood boil.

I was out of breath and exhausted during that ordeal, and so were they...the taunting with that echo, and the surrounding chaos provided a dark imagery I'm not used to with naruto series. It felt real. Never say that to stuff to someone....

The Tsuchikage
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Brutal episode. And the series is not know for killing good guys more than one at a time

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
They did much better justice to Neji's death in the anime than in the manga, along with the intelligence division.

I did not remember that epic Bee moment at all, but regardless that was beautifully animated. 10/10
Edited by BHM1250, Jun 6 2014, 01:23 AM.

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
Great art and perspectives, loved the graphics match with Hinata's/Obito's hand. Music added a real feel to it, glad that's brought back ;)

The absence of sound after the BB, very powerful indeed.
Edited by Sir Kisame, Jun 6 2014, 08:42 AM.

Naruto4Hokage
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Neji's death was not emphasized the way it should've been. Neji is one of the first characters Naruto really had an impact on and he was given like two lines at his death -_-. And don't even get me started on Naruto and Hinata holding hands. I HAVE WAITED THE ENTIRE NARUTO SERIES TO SEE NARUTO SHOW HINATA SOME KIND OF AFFECTION. Yes, Naruto held her hand. Yes it was cute, but at the same time he really didn't think anything towards Hinata herself. Naruto was holding her hand with his HAND and not his HEART. :( Taking into consideration that there is a war going on I will excuse these things. Hopefully Neji's death gets the respect it deserves at a later time and we see some actual sparks between Naruto and Hinata. On another note the 10 tails looks terrifying! The animation on the ten tails was very well done. R.I.P Shikaku and Inoichi

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
@ Naruto4Hokage

And I thought I took the episode too emotionally, I was wrong....

A dying Neji should have said more? Thats the pesky thing about dying, your words become limited... How where you able to tell what Naruto was thinking, when he never let her hand go the minute he reached for it?? I'm not attacking you, just wondering what more could have been done??
Edited by zerkone, Jun 6 2014, 12:52 PM.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So, the Ninja Alliance tried to take out the brains of the Ten-Tails (Madara and Obito) and they retaliated by taking out the brains of the alliance, its headquarters. I didn't really put two and two together back when I read this in the manga. In my opinion the silence before it happened added to this sad moment.

This was a showcase episode for the Hyuuga Clan. They had a few highlight moments. It doesn't surprise me that they censored what happened to Neji. Like a lot of other fans I feel as if they did his death more justice in the anime than it did in the manga.

Overall this was a tragic episode for the alliance. They lost Inoichi, Shikaku, Ao, Neji and countless unnamed ninja. Obito's taunting combined with the shots of the dead made for a powerful scene. You could really see how close Naruto came to losing hope. Luckily for him Hinata and Kurama knocked him out of his momentary funk.

Episode gets a 10.

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Episode 364 - The Ties That Bind
The Shinju continues to wreak havoc among the Allied Shinobi Forces. Obito takes the lead...
Obito Uchiha is very philosophical, just like Madara was once.
The Ten-Tails kills the Allied Shinbi's Forces "brains", Shikaku, Inoichi and Ao, as well as Neji. 4 deaths in only one episode, this is something!
No more Neji! Neji is dead, end!
Neji's death was soo fast, not after a long time Shikaru, Inoichi and Ao died, he died too. SOOO FAST! Well, same thing happened in the manga...

Riddengan
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Neji's death was very tragic but at the same time for me, I didn't really feel too much because there's been like ZERO focus on a lot of these characters that naruto went to the academy and grew up with since the time skip. It's all been about naruto, sasuke and the akatsuki. I would have loved to see neji's path to becoming a jounin. Anyways...i don't follow the manga at all so i'm looking for some mad beastage from naruto and co over the next few episodes.

majestiic
Member Avatar
she-nobi
[ * ]
Oh Hinata. I root for her in so many ways.

Rough episode, still not over the fact Neji is gone even though I've known this for a while with the manga. But yeah -- sad reality. It's always rough to see a character you've grown up with suddenly kick the bucket, especially one of the original genin.

Merp.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply