Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 12 (38.7%)
9 3 (9.7%)
8 4 (12.9%)
7 4 (12.9%)
6 1 (3.2%)
5 - Average 2 (6.5%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 5 (16.1%)
Total Votes: 31
Chater 681 Released
Topic Started: Jun 18 2014, 06:47 AM (3,939 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Time to bust out THAT jutsu.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Peacebrew
Member Avatar
Fire vs. Fire
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shikamaru
Jun 18 2014, 06:47 AM
Yeah, excellent writing! :FP:

Also all these twists... I think its a bit too much...

Movado
Genin
[ *  * ]
We are Venom!!

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shikamaru
Weird, in the MangaStream version there is no "Next Week Naruto uses THAT Jutsu" but in PandaManga does but in that version there are a lot of translation errors.

keket
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting chapter, lots of questions were answered but I`ve read few different translations of this chapter and quite a few things were translated in different ways.
From one translation it looks like that Black Zetsu is Hamura (btw its nice to see that he had byakugan) and from other it seems that Kaguya just created BZ when her sons were sealing her. So which is right?

majestiic
Member Avatar
she-nobi
[ * ]
I'm still not happy about the "Final Bosses" trumping each other. Madara? SIKE. Kaguya. SIKE. Zetsu ... sike?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cquence72000
Member Avatar
Mutant: Omega class
[ *  * ]
@_@!
So this all leads back to the.... ARRGH! I'll just read it again later.

The Peacebrew
Member Avatar
Fire vs. Fire
[ *  *  *  * ]
Salamanca
Jun 18 2014, 07:48 AM
Shikamaru
Weird, in the MangaStream version there is no "Next Week Naruto uses THAT Jutsu" but in PandaManga does but in that version there are a lot of translation errors.
Naruto says it himself in the former site you are referring too... I'm not what your point is, instead of speaking of the actual chapter :)

keket

From one translation it looks like that Black Zetsu is Hamura (btw its nice to see that he had byakugan) and from other it seems that Kaguya just created BZ when her sons were sealing her. So which is right?
We will probably officially find out when the ViZ translation gets released.

I'll go with the former for now though. But it does seem like B.Z is telling the story as Hamura, but I guess B.Z looks at himself as a son of Kaguya as well due him having "her will" - the dark side of the story, the dark side of the narutoverse.

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
The comments above are not informative at all, I had to view it for myself. Wow great chapter with a lot of information filling holes along the way.

Things I enjoy;

1) We finally got to see Hamura for real, it appears he is younger than Hagoromo.

2) I finally understand that Nostalgic emotion is holding Kaguya back from seriously doing damage to the dynamic duo. She is not a robot, but actually had feelings. When she touch their cheek, I was like, Naruto and Sasuke could just end this battle by embracing/hugging her as their Mother/grandmother.

3) Naruto pay back Sasuke yet again and again for not letting him trapped in I.T. ; Seeing the history for themselve Sasuke won't fight Naruto to gain power.

4) Madara was properly killed and buried. Him and everything being Manipulated by Black Zetsu is pure genius, reduce Madara from being special.

5) Black Zetsu keep reminding me of Itachi's genius bring back memories.

6) Madara character keeps getting back story even though we may not see him again.

Things I don't get;

1) How was Madara able to activate rinegan in both eyes, when he lost one to izanagi, don't tell me Hashirama dna regenerates a jutsu "Sealed" eye.

2)How can a dead man perform an eye jutsu that requires intelligence to execute.

3) When did Naruto or Sasuke know "THAT" jutsu. Are they going to use an old jutsu we have already seen before? Speaking of which, Hamura has the moon in his palm and Hagoromo has the sun- they used both to seal their mother away. How then did Hagoromo have both to give to Naruto and Sasuke?

4) Why didn't Black Zetsu bleed them dry of chakra? Black Zetsu said Naruto and Sasuke reminded Kaguya of Hagoromo and Hamura, so he can't be either. If Black Zetsu was Hamura, how can he seal and then plan the revival of Kaguya? Black Zetsu is like a third Son to Kaguya- a son created like the rest not given birth to.
Edited by Rikoduo Sennin, Jun 18 2014, 09:06 AM.

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Chapter 681: Kaguya's Tears
As I said before, the Susanoo had no effect on Kaguya. Pointless.
Woau, Naruto & Sasuke look so cool with Black Zetsu implanted in them. Black Zetsu is draining chakra from them.
This chapter answered many questions and left many confused. Black Zetsu was a mystery from the beginning, the most mysterious from Akatsuki. Obito and Madara thought they knew everything about Zetsu, but not. They also thought he was under their control, but in fact they were controlled by Zetsu in order to fulfill his plan.
Hogoromo and Hashura sealed their own mother....and Kaguya is a part of the God Tree. We know Kaguya created the God Tree, in the beginning when the Sixth Paths Priest and his brother beat their mother Kaguya, she was the Shinju. Right?
Well, this Zetsu witnessed many battles...the battle with Hashirama VS. Madara (Madara lost), the battle with Sasuke VS. Naruto (Naruto lost) and many more. He has a lot of knowledge. I must say he is really EVIL. He even rewrote the Uchiha stone table wrote by Hogoromo, all this for war. He approached Kabuto just only to resurrect Madara to use Infinite Tsukuyomi and after that to invoke Kaguya to take over his body. Madara didn't know..

Also in this chapter, we got the story how Madara was able to survive the battle with Hashirama (he bite off a piece of flesh from Hashirama, he is a vampire, lol). Tobirama thought the body he had was the Real Madara, actually a clone. Probably, that's how he learned Resurrection techniques?!
Then it was only one Zetsu, but after the incident with Madara summoning the Gedou Mazou, White Zetsu was born accidentally. Nice product
I forgot, right now Sasuke is considered to be the only remaining Uchiha alive. With Madara and Obito presumed deceased. Some people say Obito he's dead, but Naruto will save him, just wait. As for Madara that's not the end for him...he will return.
Kaguya crying, why? She is evil, although she doesn't see that.
Next week chapter: I will be gone in vacation and no more reviews from me this summer. I will be back Back in September. Or October?! Pretty late huh? Long vacation!
Next week I will predict: the sealing jutsu Hogoromo gave to Naruto and Sasuke will save them and they will be able to counterattack. The counterattack begins! The Edo Kages will come to the battlefield to battle Kaguya.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rikoduo Sennin
Jun 18 2014, 08:58 AM

Things I don't get;

1) How was Madara able to activate rinegan in both eyes, when he lost one to izanagi, don't tell me Hashirama dna regenerates a jutsu "Sealed" eye.

If i recall correctly, there is mention by Itachi it would take ten years to awaken a sealed Izanagi, unless, you had Hashirma's cells/blood.

- I think I enjoy the way the story was being told prior to this whole mother/son twist. I liked having Madara taking control of things and going through what he thought was all his plan.

-Everyone was used by BZ, hard to swallow, but at least it explained some things.

-Question: Is Sasuke faster than Minato, or is Minato still the fastest man alive??

-Translations are a bit confusing, but got the idea. Jutsu to be used soon.

-Now that Kayuga has drained both Naruto and Sasuke, are they still at their peak or will that be a handicap for them?

-Liked how Naruto just pulled away from BZ while Sasuke was stuck like a fly on sticky paper.

-Liked how Madara turned into Mike Tyson at then end

-Madara is actually a wood clone???
Edited by BadKent, Jun 18 2014, 09:15 AM.

bluesakura
Member Avatar
healer
[ *  * ]
The whole thing about blackzetsu being kaguya's will and constantly blabbering about mother's revival felt like a poor imitation of kadaj and co. in FFVII.

Seeing what hamura looked like I think was the best part. He seemed to have the hyuuga eyes. I'm looking forward for his backstory.

On the sidenote, glad to see how kishi ironed out some of the kinks about black and white zetsus.

The Guardian
Member Avatar
The God Of War
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well we got quite a bit information. I'm a bit confused thought.

For starters, we got t o see
-Hagoromo's brother, who seems to have Byakugan
-Kaguya hates her son, typical...
-Black Zetsu keeps talking and addressing himself like there are 2 beings

Like I predicted, Kishi will make Madara look like a puppet, show examples and let the new villain ride the glory and success. WHY DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR? Oh! That's right! Didn't this happen with Obito/Tobi? Wasn't Tobi the mastermind behind Akatsuki, the entire plan, the jyuubi...everything? Then what happened? The real Madara was introduced showing how he was the mastermind behind it all. Now, it was Madara's turn.

Anyways, aren't you guys excited about the "next jutsu".

As far as the explanation goes, i'm sooo confused. So the Infinite Tsukuyomi is the ritual needed to allow Kaguya to break her seal? She also apparently hates her son not only for sealing her but having chakra?

sayinprince
Member Avatar
EMS???
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was a good chapter.. A Lot of answered and unanswered questions. 'That jutsu' has to be a sealing jutsu so I'm not looking forward to it..

ipod357
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
these explanations arent doing it for me. madara bit hashirama and then spit it up later after reviving? idk just seems lame to me. all the master plans to set everything in motion and how does he get the DNA? "I know! i'll bite him!" k tyson.

Earlier somebody mentioned Izanami being used every 10 years, i think you're mixing that up with Shisui's eye? He could use his eye to super mind control genjutsu anybody once every 10 years, i think.

So before the kaguya sealing the brothers each had their own moon/sun. sometime afterward Hagoromo had both. the most powerful sealings require a sacrifice so maybe this is how sasuke will go down. sasuke fusion dances into naruto and then Kishi doesnt have to explain why sasuke isnt going to jail after killing a leaf ninja and after multiple attempted murders

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The translations were all over the place this week! I can't stand that. Makes it really hard to understand or have meaningful conversations when no one is 100% sure what just took place. Oh, well. Enough complaining about that.

Positives:
-Confirmation on how Madara survived the vote. I actually enjoyed this. We've seen that the eyes can be programmed. I thought this was an inspired use of that concept.
Before any complaints of plot-hole here from Madara regaining his eye, list all the other Indra transmigrants who lost an eye due to izanagi and then grafted Hashirama meat into their wounds and awakened the rennegan... AND then didn't get their eye back. (I'll wait here)
-Kaguya's creepy teleport caress! If I was Naruto or Sasuke, that would have scared me more than any jutsu. I'd have been like "yo, this chick has lost her s***..."
-Naruto making that little platform for Sasuke to stand on. (I don't know why... I just did)
-Sasuke's use of his new technique.
-Art was really solid this week!

Negatives:
-wtf was BZ trying to say?!! Kaguya is the Juubi? That's what I took from it. ....I think. That entire "explanation" of Kaguya/Juubi was a mess. The only good part about it was that neither Naruto or Sasuke seemed to understand it either, so I'm assuming it wasn't meant to be understood, just hint to the mystery.

...and now the WTF?-tives:
-Madara biting Hashirama might make my top 10 panels of all time! Lmao! I guess it had never crossed my mind that is how he collected his sample... orally. Bonus points for then vomiting up said sample!
-All the talk of Hashirama's meat in the Manga Panda translation! What the hell was that all about!
-Why is BZ doing all the talking for Kaguya?! But this leads me to speculation time-

Speculation time!
Every one has been talking about how flat Kaguya's personality has been. We've always assumed that she was still the same person or "thing" that ate the fruit. I'm starting to think that is not the case. Her behavior was just so odd this chapter. Very primal and emotional. It also seemed to be implied that she and the Juubi are one and the same.
Maybe the fruit changed her so much she doesn't really process things like a human any more. She's just kind of an extension of the shinju. Her only concern is getting her/its chakra back?
It reminds me of how Obito first acted when he became the Juubi jin. When he almost lost himself in the Juubi. She just seems more cognitive than he was though... I don't know.

Chapter gets a 9 just for making me laugh so much.. it definitely was thought provoking! Lol!
Edited by Saninus, Jun 18 2014, 11:13 AM.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
My mind is really having a hard time absorbing this chapter and I read it 4 times already...

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
zerkone
Jun 18 2014, 11:12 AM
My mind is really having a hard time absorbing this chapter and I read it 4 times already...
I kept checking my drink to make sure I hadn't been roofied. Lmao! That's kinda what I liked about this chapter though... it was just so weird!

RowdyThump
Sharingan Warrior
[ * ]
If Madara "rewrote" history with his Izangai couldn't he just kill the real Hashirama during their battle and have his full dead body for himself (awk..) and avoid this long plan of his
Edited by RowdyThump, Jun 18 2014, 11:46 AM.

keket
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rikoduo Sennin
Things I don't get;

2)How can a dead man perform an eye jutsu that requires intelligence to execute.

3) When did Naruto or Sasuke know "THAT" jutsu. Are they going to use an old jutsu we have already seen before? Speaking of which, Hamura has the moon in his palm and Hagoromo has the sun- they used both to seal their mother away. How then did Hagoromo have both to give to Naruto and Sasuke?

4) Why didn't Black Zetsu bleed them dry of chakra? Black Zetsu said Naruto and Sasuke reminded Kaguya of Hagoromo and Hamura, so he can't be either. If Black Zetsu was Hamura, how can he seal and then plan the revival of Kaguya? Black Zetsu is like a third Son to Kaguya- a son created like the rest not given birth to.
1) it takes uchiha`s and senju`s dna to activate rinnegan, its possible that it activate rinnegan in any type of eye (even in sealed one)

2) Itachi was able to program shisui`s eye to cast genjutsu to "protect konoha" when naruto would see his MS so its not impossible to program madara`s eye to perform izanagi with command "revive me"

3) Hamura was never shown with sun or with moon in his hand. So maybe Hagoromo did the sealing part and Hamura`s role was to create opening for him.

4) Because if he did, naruto and sasuke would die and manga would end :)

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Chapter 681 preview from the main site

We've heard the true history of the ninja world, but what of the TRUE true history?

Made me chuckle.

Yeah this whole manga just isn't doing it for me anymore. I'll pop up occasionally to offer my insight on certain aspects of the story, but don't expect anything too periodic.

Movado
Genin
[ *  * ]
Now i feel cheated, understand Naruto an Sasuke got juiced up i rather the manga stayed with Madara vs the world. Now we have a crying female like who's going to take this serious. SMH.

Kankuro's Bro
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
ipod357
Jun 18 2014, 11:02 AM
sasuke fusion dances into naruto and then Kishi doesnt have to explain why sasuke isnt going to jail after killing a leaf ninja and after multiple attempted murders
Who is going to try to arrest Sasuke? I doubt Naruto would be willing, and it would take literally everyone else to even have a chance. Those two are now orders of magnitude beyond everyone else.
:D -_-

Weird chapter, but I liked it. The one thing that made me happiest was finding out that Kabuto's revival of Madara wasn't random happenstance. That felt too convenient before.

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
keket
Jun 18 2014, 12:02 PM
Rikoduo Sennin
Things I don't get;

1) it takes uchiha`s and senju`s dna to activate rinnegan, its possible that it activate rinnegan in any type of eye (even in sealed one)

2) Itachi was able to program shisui`s eye to cast genjutsu to "protect konoha" when naruto would see his MS so its not impossible to program madara`s eye to perform izanagi with command "revive me"

3) Hamura was never shown with sun or with moon in his hand. So maybe Hagoromo did the sealing part and Hamura`s role was to create opening for him.

4) Because if he did, naruto and sasuke would die and manga would end :)
1) I think not; If that were the case, his Edo Tensei body would not have both MS eyes intact. ET revives a corpse the way they were when they died. Madara was revived in his young body because Kabuto has his battle armoured clone to work with, since Madara's body was well preserved, Kabuto made his corpse special by grafting a bigger tissue of Hashirama on it.

2)Implanting a jutsu is not the problem, is just the jutsu being activated by a dead being. If sasuke was dead or the crow was dead, could amaterasu and that genjutsu still be activated. NB: Madara fell in battle, time past- tobirama (a very skilled sensory ninja) retrieve his corpse and hid it in an hideout, all this took some time before madara's revival. Every other Izanagi was done just before death.

3)I like to thing that way but translation says " they both sealed kaguya", besides look at the panel were Black Zetsu was narrating what happened- how powerful the seal they used was, the left hand with moon symbol has a black arm band on it.

4) You are absolutely right! Good to see Naruto take charge and lead Sasuke for once.

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sharinganwarrior Sasuke
Jun 18 2014, 11:40 AM
If Madara "rewrote" history with his Izangai couldn't he just kill the real Hashirama during their battle and have his full dead body for himself (awk..) and avoid this long plan of his
Looking to Danzo's use and now Madara's, it doesn't look like the user can change the "destiny" of anyone else. If that was the case then Danzo would have just made Sasuke dead and himself alive.
It seems to almost work as a very elaborate substitution. Except the user actually takes the hit.
I'm sure Madara would have loved to beaten Hashirama and taken his entire body. The problem is he couldn't. He could not beat Hashirama and he certainly wasn't going to do it with one eye sealed.
I think it was a very smart move on Madara's part to delay his revival. Why risk getting killed again right away when he had what he really wanted? If he was forced to use izanagi again, he would have came back blind and Hashirama would have been very suspicious if he learned of the tech. Just my opinion.

------

@Kankuro's Bro: Agreed. I like that Madara's presence on the battlefield wasn't just luck. Very cool play on Kishi's part.

@ipod357: I guess I don't apply real world morals or law to this story. They are all ninja. Almost all have blood on their hands. All are trained killers from a very young age. I completely expect even Obito to be forgiven for all his wrong doings by the end. If a village starts a war are all the leaders put to death? Just because Obito wasn't the leader of a village does that mean he deserves a stricter punishment? Wouldn't punishment for his crimes really just continue the cycle of hatred? Isn't the whole point of ninshu understanding and forgiveness?
Sasuke's crimes are pretty tame in comparison.
Edited by Saninus, Jun 18 2014, 03:07 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply