Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 10 (26.3%)
9 7 (18.4%)
8 7 (18.4%)
7 4 (10.5%)
6 2 (5.3%)
5 - Average 3 (7.9%)
4 0 (0%)
3 1 (2.6%)
2 1 (2.6%)
1 - Very Poor 3 (7.9%)
Total Votes: 38
Chater 683 Released
Topic Started: Jul 2 2014, 11:33 AM (2,549 Views)
Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sorry for making the thread, I know mods are supposed to and I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Is it just me or is this final fight resembling the first major fight of team 7 against Haku. I enjoyed the chapter and really cool to see the sage appear to the Hokages.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
I predict Madara coming back! We have an Edo user and remains!

Also, Awesome Chapter. Loved it.

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
It's been over 14 hours since the chapter was released. I've waited patiently for an official release thread. I understand that our mods have personal lives. That's why I think their numbers should be increased with a more active member.
I nominate Peacebrew. Moving on to the chapter:

I really enjoyed this chapter. I love it when a plan starts to form and all the characters start analyzing their situation. As much as I dreaded Obito's redemption, it's been handled pretty well. This chapter also seemed to confirm that he is dieing. Apparently Naruto could only delay the inevitable. This gives the character (and his fans) a chance for closure and maintains the fact that rennei tennsei is a life sacrificing jutsu.

Highlights:
-Obito coming up with a plan to rescue Sasuke.
-Naruto being so damn tough! This kid can take a beating.
-Sakura having some relevance. (It was a little shaky on the reasoning for Naruto's clone not having enough chakra though..)
-Obito telling Naruto not to thank him and keep his eyes on the enemy. Kishi has done a very good job of making it clear that Obito knows how much wrong he has done. He doesn't need to be forgiven, only do his best to atone for his mistakes before his inevitable death. This character has always been so under rated.
-The Hokage trying to figure out what the hell is going on was a pretty sweet scene. Tobirama suggesting edo tennsei was pretty funny to me. Tobirama is definitely an "ends justifying the means" type of character. Lol. I do not see how reviving Uchiha Madara would ever be a good (or safe) idea. Unfortunately... this leads into my Negatives though.

Negative:
-Hagoromo showing up again. His 1st appearance was a dues ex machina that I was only able to swallow because Naruto and Sasuke were receiving their power through other means.
Technically, Obito put the bijuu into Naruto. Kabuto injected Hashirama's cells (chakra) into Sasuke.
Hagoromo showing up and taking credit for their power up was only acceptable to me because of this. He gave them a jutsu and juiced them up, but really it wasn't just his hand (God's hand) that brought these new powers.
I'm not a fan of this second appearance. Hopefully it leads to something interesting.

Chapel gets a 9.
Edited by Saninus, Jul 2 2014, 02:42 PM.

Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thank for putting up a thread, been super busy so far today.

The Guardian
Member Avatar
The God Of War
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not sure what you guys keep misspelling chapter with chater, but whatever.

As far as the CHAPTER is concerned, it is the beginning of the Madara's redemption. Seriously, they will revive him? Oh and what's that? Coincidentally, the Hermit is there as well to talk to Hashirami? That's right, if he is talking to one of the predecessors of his son, surely, he will talk to the previous predecessors of his other son(whatever his name him).

As someone mentioned before, I'm happy to see the people Sasuke called useless are actually coming to save him.

Sardaukar
Member Avatar
I Ain't Even Mad
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saninus
Jul 2 2014, 02:40 PM
That's why I think their numbers should be increased with a more active member.
Sisyphean effort, so it won't be considered. Lunacy Divine and Shikamaru are active enough, and I'm here at least once a week to keep an eye on things. Hell, even Syndacite's popped back up.

And I really have to commend Salamanca on the poll setup. Yes, it was probably wholly unintentional, making it so that two ratings could be selected, but I thought it was worth a chuckle.

I still rated the chapter a 1 because the story is still comparable to rancid mule flank, which is why I haven't read it in probably two or more years, but I think it'll be fun to see the ratings go in all directions with a double-dipping policy in place.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good chapter. As much as I don't care for Obito, and thought he should have died a while ago, it makes sense to keep him around now. His kamui is the only thing to combat Kaguya's time/space dimension manipulation. Interesting Hagoromo appeared out of Madara, could be Madara makes a comeback? Overall good chapter, nothing really crazy, except for kaguya's ice dimension attacking Naruto. I'll give it an 8/10, Obito is at the end of his rope.

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am trying very, very hard to judge this series chapter by chapter at this point. I still find the overall plot direction terribly disappointing, but these past two chapters weren't all that bad.

Sasuke is, of course, stranded in a desert. I had thought that Kaguya and Black Zetsu were going to split up to kill Naruto and Sasuke separately, but this makes more sense I suppose. The mother-son duo can focus their efforts on Naruto, while letting the scorching heat kill Sasuke. Which of course, enables Obito to play an important supportive role here. As most suspected, Kaguya's ability is in ways similar to Kamui - exploiting her dimensional rifts is evidently the name of the game. However, I agree that the "it takes too much chakra to do alone" thing is a bit much. I find it odd that Obito even knows that the chakra expenditure would be greater, seeing as he hasn't likely dimension hopped before. It's an odd excuse to give Sakura something to do, which I don't particularly mind, but whatever. At any rate, I am not convinced that Obito is going to die, despite his resolution. He has dodged like, what? Three bullets? Four? He has heavier plot armor than Tsunade at this point. Still, that last panel was pretty freaking cool.

Nice to see what the Hokage are up to. I rolled my eyes hard when Tobirama suggested that he could resurrect Madara again. Because that worked out so well the first time. Granted, Tobirama's inferior version would give Madara less leeway, but still. Hagoromo's appearance was rather unwelcome, all things considered. I am conflicted between wanting the Hokage to do something meaningful and wanting them to stay out of the limelight.
Edited by Mohrpheus, Jul 2 2014, 05:50 PM.

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Mohrpheus
Jul 2 2014, 05:49 PM
He has dodged like, what? Three bullets? Four?
Well.. let's see:
-Boulder crushing half of his upper body and face.
-Minato's rasengan slammed into his spine.
-Ameterasu to the chest.
-A sea of 500 million paper bombs exploding continuously for 10 min.
-Naruto's rasengan applied directly to his face.
-Raikiri through the heart.
-Madara's 1st hostile take over attempt.
-Almost split in two by Minato's kunai.
-Juubi's hostile take over attempt.
-The Juubi's extraction.
-Renne Tennsei.
-The gedo mazo's extraction.
-Falling backwards and unconscious into a pit of lava.

These are just the ones that I can think of that were actually a threat to him. Obito does not die easy.

Also, it wasn't the last panel that made me think he's dying. It was when he 1st woke up. There was an odd exchange between him and Naruto.
Edited by Saninus, Jul 2 2014, 06:44 PM.

cquence72000
Member Avatar
Mutant: Omega class
[ *  * ]
Dang. Naruto a tough nut. I knew Obito would come in handy. Maybe he'll actually die with some dignity. Someone mentioned the bride fight with zabaza and haku.... I can see how this is a little similar due to the enemy being able to separate them. Of course this is on a grander scale than mist. And Sakura's not just a meat shield for a client. I think she's really going to pitch in even more with obiti's help.
when the hell is yondaime's arms gonna grow back?

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
When Obito first woke up and asked if they defeated Madara and the first part of Kakashi's answer was "Well...we did..." I couldn't help but think to myself "No you didn't."

Speaking of Madara it was interesting how Tobirama wanted to use Edo Tensei on the lower half of his body to see if he was really dead. Like other fans I question if bringing him back would be a smart idea. Personally I'd love to see it but from the good guys point of view it might not be a wise thing to do.

I'm not a fan of Hagoromo making an appearance before the Edo Tensei Hokage. He already made one appearance with Sasuke and Naruto. That was more than enough. I suppose we'll have to wait and see what comes out this second appearance.

I like how Naruto tried to deceive Kaguya by making it appear as if he were trapped, that way she can get close enough so he could attack her. Not a bad strategy. I always enjoy it whenever Naruto tries using his head.

I thought it was neat how Obito came up with a plan in order to rescue Sasuke from the dimension he is currently trapped it. Most of us had a feeling that his Kamui would come in handy against Kaguya's dimension abilities. It's definitely nice that Sakura will be able to lend some support. Considering the level of power being thrown around here I consider anyway she can help a plus.

Obito's comment to close out the chapter might be foreshadowing his death. Although I can see how some might believe that won't happen considering how many times he has already been on the brink of death only to come out of it alive.

A decent chapter overall. I give it a 7.

hachibi_fan
Haha!!! Now i show you my doujutsu.
[ * ]
Maybe Madara will be coming to the good side and the sage will give them two powers as well. any thoughts on something like that maybe happening. good chapter

yellowflash_123
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
cquence72000
Jul 2 2014, 07:37 PM

when the hell is yondaime's arms gonna grow back?
His arms were like that for the longest time, that I had to go back chapters to remember how it hot chopped in the first place.
:FP:
Also it was quite interesting that the sage appeared out of Madara's body (half of it, at least)
I wonder what the sage will say to them. Maybe he will scold Nidaime for that ridiculous idea of his. LOL

Irshad-sayyad
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Now Obito has 2 mongekyu sharingan eyes ... Does that mean he can use susanoo.. Or some kind of new jutsu..

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
Irshad-sayyad
Jul 3 2014, 01:18 AM
Now Obito has 2 mongekyu sharingan eyes ... Does that mean he can use susanoo.. Or some kind of new jutsu..
I want to see this Susano'o from Obito, maybe he sculpted it's appearance to resemble Rin. ;-)

Not a full 10/10 with all the Mingy Jongo going on there Hagoromo looks like he's trying to push himself into the real-world now, great. <_<

James Bailey
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Lv3
[ * ]
Sir Kisame
Jul 3 2014, 04:08 AM
Irshad-sayyad
I want to see this Susano'o from Obito, maybe he sculpted it's appearance to resemble Rin. ;-)

Not a full 10/10 with all the Mingy Jongo going on there Hagoromo looks like he's trying to push himself into the real-world now, great. <_<
That's a point, will we see an Edo-Hagoromo? That would kind of work in the story because he'll have things to say to mum....

I have to say though, it may have felt like Kaguya came out of left field but it's opened up so many "what's going to happen?" questions. I'm loving it! We must be set for at least 10-20 chapters of final-final battle-madness!

NaruhinaPH
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The saddest thing is....
at this point this lovely story comes to the nearest ending...
everytime i updated every single chapter of it like this...
im not excite at all..
oh yeah im happy reading it because of the interesting quality of the story of it.
but sad because someday it will end soon.

keep it up kishimoto san :sad:

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
James Bailey
Jul 3 2014, 06:26 AM
Sir Kisame
Jul 3 2014, 04:08 AM
Irshad-sayyad

That's a point, will we see an Edo-Hagoromo? That would kind of work in the story because he'll have things to say to mum....

I have to say though, it may have felt like Kaguya came out of left field but it's opened up so many "what's going to happen?" questions. I'm loving it! We must be set for at least 10-20 chapters of final-final battle-madness!
Then if more Reanimations are coming I think either the sons or perhaps Hagoromo's brother will show his moves off ;)

Sempai
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
So, outside of plot advancement purposes, why would Madara have implanted Obito's other sharingan back into the socket? Tactically it is unsound even if he thought Obito was done a while ago. Madara is cocky but he's never really shown himself to just be stupid. He knew that Sakura and Obito were trying to destroy the eye because of the potential it had to be a problem against them in battle.

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sempai
Jul 3 2014, 12:45 PM
So, outside of plot advancement purposes, why would Madara have implanted Obito's other sharingan back into the socket? Tactically it is unsound even if he thought Obito was done a while ago. Madara is cocky but he's never really shown himself to just be stupid. He knew that Sakura and Obito were trying to destroy the eye because of the potential it had to be a problem against them in battle.
Why waste a perfectly good Mangekyou Sharingan? With Madara convinced that Obito was dead and that Black Zetsu could never betray him, his conveniently empty eye socket must have seemed to be as good a place as any to put it. It would have made Black Zetsu a rather formidable wingman, as well. Of course, we all know how that went.

creatoroflight
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
A clone's chakra is enough to give ~50,000 shinobi chakra not enough to expand a dimension,right kishi?RIGHT?
dumb excuse to give sakura screen time

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
I don't have much to add this week but I liked the wicked witch of the north thing with Madara.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
creatoroflight
Jul 3 2014, 04:08 PM
A clone's chakra is enough to give ~50,000 shinobi chakra not enough to expand a dimension,right kishi?RIGHT?
dumb excuse to give sakura screen time
:D Kishimoto was giving Sakura screen time, the minute she was thrown into another dimension...

Hagoromo rising out of Madara's legs was kind of weird, I couldn't understand the reason for an appearance at this point... Except to give tactical support against his mother... Maybe he knows of a vulnerability she has that could be exploited...

The story is all over the place, I can't feel anything from the writing anymore... :FP:

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Saninus
-Hagoromo showing up again. His 1st appearance was a dues ex machina that I was only able to swallow because Naruto and Sasuke were receiving their power through other means.
I agree and disagree. Sure Hagoromo was just around to Naruto his inherited powers like everyone theorized for years now, but he was also praised as a legendary shinobi for years also. Which is why im glad he made a return and redeem himself instead of him being deceived by his mother and Zetsu.

As for the chapter, compared to the other informational chapters this one is slightly more.... linear. Although there are two minor aspects I like about this chapter. The fact that the Clone-Naruto group(Kakashi, Obito, Sakura) are ready to take this seriously and go out die trying. Secondly, I enjoy the fact Saninus was right about Obito being able to gain a true redemption. I feel like a dick not giving this chapter a 10, since Kishimoto did everything he could to keep this chapter consistent but i'll give it a 9 instead.

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
BHM1250
Jul 5 2014, 12:42 PM
Saninus
I agree and disagree. Sure Hagoromo was just around to Naruto his inherited powers like everyone theorized for years now, but he was also praised as a legendary shinobi for years also. Which is why im glad he made a return and redeem himself instead of him being deceived by his mother and Zetsu.
I totally hear what you're saying. I was very curious about Hagoromo as well and was excited to learn more about him. I even enjoyed his character design. I didn't mind his appearance up until he started handing out powers. That was too easy for my taste.
Even then, like I said, I could look past it. To me it was more like he focused their power upgrade. Others actually did all the work... but that's still me grasping to like something that I really don't.

This new appearance just makes me nervous is all. The hand of God has done enough at this point in the story for me. That's all I'm saying. I'm not sure I want him to be able to redeem himself. That's what Naruto and Sasuke are getting ready to do.

(Crosses fingers for dark Hagoromo)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply