Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 11 (36.7%)
9 3 (10%)
8 5 (16.7%)
7 3 (10%)
6 2 (6.7%)
5 - Average 4 (13.3%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 1 (3.3%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (3.3%)
Total Votes: 30
Chapter 684 Released
Topic Started: Jul 9 2014, 08:24 AM (2,520 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nice to see some actual strategy involved, though this run of chapters still seems a bit confusing.

Interesting that Kaguya busted out the bone moves. I mean I would guess it makes sense that some of the bloodlines may have descended from her, now we know for sure the Hyuuga and Kaguya (duh) did.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
This chapter was a very confusing read towards the end. I'm still not exactly sure how she hit Naruto after he dodged the initial attack. The art was a little... loose this week and details left intentionally vague through what little bit of exposition was present.
I guess that was to build suspense? Wasn't very successful.

We did get confirmation that Obito is indeed dieing.

Meh... chapter gets a 6. Hopefully things will make more sense next week.

Edit: My brain finally woke up enough to piece together what happened. (Lol.. sigh) After I went back and studied the scene, she just straight shot him with the second bone shard while he was distracted by dimension hopping 1st one.
Edited by Saninus, Jul 9 2014, 10:13 AM.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
Slow and uneventful, and right after I figured the pace has finally picked up.. And Kaguya really is a weak MV, she is to indecisive when it comes to making tactical decisions... I really believe now, that Madara or possibly even Sasuke will take over the MV duties in a few more chapters...

Devatunero
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Studying the last 3 panels closely, I can say that It was a naruto clone that was killed... kishi always differenciate between the original And clones by means of the truth seeking balls. The one killed by kaguya has no ball at it's back while the one attempting to enter the dimension was shown with balls, Then, I believe the one killed must have been the clone with obito And sakura teleported via kamui

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
A ball at its back...? :unsure:

I think this is where Saiken's power comes in. Saiken is a slug, so since Naruto invoked his power the hole in Naruto's stomach will probably regenerate. Which would be very unpleasant to experience, but at least he'll survive.
Edited by hinata uzumaki, Jul 9 2014, 11:57 AM.

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
For some reason this chapter bored me. Not sure why really. I think it is because Kaguya is totally uncompelling. Black Zetsu might get peeved and take total control. He seems to be the real main villain. Kaguya is giving us the sad eyes when Zetsu pushes her to do stuff so now she is a good person too... *sigh*

Someone just be evil and remorseless! Give me a Frieza! Give me someone with motives and goals and backstory with just a horribly warped view of the universe that makes them a pleasure to watch and hate and sometimes feel pity for and support (lol). I mean... Goku gives Frieza energy to save him and Frieza turns around and blasts it all at that stupid monkey! That's a villain! Orochimaru is still the closest we got.

Eh. Final villain might be full body Zetsu? He is always half of a body (sharing with white/obito/kaguya). Perhaps he just wants his own body back.

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
Kishimoto has hit artist block again. Just when things were getting good. I thought you lose a lot of chakra when entering other peoples dimensions, which is what Obito said and stated why he can't do it too many times, because it's Kaguya's. Now we're told she, herself, can't do it too many times either, the queen of all chakra. Obito had nowhere near as much as 1/10th as much as Kaguya's chakra or life force and evaded way more attacks using his space and time transportation, as Tobi, during fights.

Now here comes the pickaxe which got Masashi to break through his Writer's Wall:
Naruto died less than, what 20, 10 chapters ago? And now he's going to die again and come back, again.

I've seen this too many times in any manga, let alone a coupl'a thousand times in Naruto, gimme a break.

Caught me in a good mood to give it a 7, but now the last of my celebration-feeling from the world cup last night has worn off and I'm feeling a score of 2 would be by far more adequate.

Completely bored me to death this did, bashed over itself a few times and fell face-first into it's rear.
Edited by Sir Kisame, Jul 9 2014, 12:50 PM.

Kankuro's Bro
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
RisenTerran
Jul 9 2014, 12:35 PM
Someone just be evil and remorseless! Give me a Frieza! Give me someone with motives and goals and backstory with just a horribly warped view of the universe that makes them a pleasure to watch and hate and sometimes feel pity for and support (lol). I mean... Goku gives Frieza energy to save him and Frieza turns around and blasts it all at that stupid monkey! That's a villain! Orochimaru is still the closest we got.
Black Zetsu might fit the evil and remorseless bill, but he's about the only one left like that. I suppose Hidan may not have starved to death yet, but he's about the only other person like that. Deidara, Kakuzu, and Sasori all had the right personality for it, but they are too dead to be of any use.

I am still expecting a big reveal for Orochimaru. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it wouldn't surprise me if he never left ROOT. The reasons for targeting Sasuke are obvious in that light, and the invasion could have been a simple assassination of Sarutobi in hopes of letting Danzo sieze power. It's speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me to see that come out in a future chapter.

If Kaguya keeps acting vague and weird, Black Zetsu may really be the last truly evil character. I actually don't have much of a problem with that. Kishimoto's characters are genearlly well developed, and few people are just evil for its own sake. Their actions have some kind of internal logic to them, and that leads to people more like Obito and Nagato than a Hidan or Deidara. I think that's part of why Madara was better liked than Kaguya.

koolkhan
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sir Kisame
Jul 9 2014, 12:44 PM
Now here comes the pickaxe which got Masashi to break through his Writer's Wall:
Naruto died less than, what 20, 10 chapters ago? And now he's going to die again and come back, again.

I've seen this too many times in any manga, let alone a coupl'a thousand times in Naruto, gimme a break.
IMO It was Naruto's clone who got hit by Kaguya, thats why this other 1000+ clones remain alive in the other dimension, Naruto has pulled off this stunt numerous times in the past so it shouldn't be quite the shock for you now lolzz.

So we get things in motion now, and sakura finally gets some screening and to save sauce-kun! Things are turning up well and soon we've have an Edo Half-Madara to play his part aswell.

10/10 for Naruto's Superhuman strength :D

koolkhan
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sir Kisame

IMO It was Naruto's clone who got hit by Kaguya, thats why this other 1000+ clones remain alive in the other dimension, Naruto has pulled off this stunt numerous times in the past so it shouldn't be quite the shock for you now lolzz.

So we get things in motion now, and sakura finally gets some screening and to save sauce-kun! Things are turning up well and soon we'll have an Edo Half-Madara to play his part aswell.

Edited by koolkhan, Jul 9 2014, 01:24 PM.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I'm just going to go ahead and be the black sheep of the chapter again by saying I enjoyed it. Last chapter was linear as it was just basically full of monologues and Kaguya binding Naruto in the most confusing way ever.

While this chapter done everything right and more. They made Naruto actually use his Jinchuurki power correctly instead making it into a Rasengan version of it. Secondly, he used Uzumaki Barrage. A move we haven't seen since the pre-Shippuuden fillers. Kaguya pulling her disintegration technique catches you off guard, but you end up seeing it was apart of Naruto's strategy. This chapter did so much justice to Naruto as a character for a long while and Kaguya is finally acknowledging Naruto as Naruto instead of her grandson's reincarnated power source. And yes you can argue with the whole Sakura/Obito business, but can you blame Obito. There isn't another person in the world to trust at the moment.

I don't see how a chapter can read this chapter with Uzumaki Barrage can call this boring, but it gets a 10/10 from me.
Edited by BHM1250, Jul 9 2014, 02:00 PM.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
I think it is a clone because the last panel has obito saying "there is no more naruto clone" and that it is up to them. They are in the same dimension so I think he was referring to the naruto hit by Kaguyas attack.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I enjoyed this chapter for a lot for different reasons. Good pacing, like the strategy by Naruto. The action was great, Naruto using Kokuo's ability to break free from the ice and blast Kaguya in a mountain was great! Also Kaguya using the bones was pretty awesome. Although she has no relation to Kimimaro, except for chakra and those circles above her eyes, it was a pretty awesome technique with that bone ash. Either Naruto healed himself with that sun tattoo, or that wasn't the actual Naruto. 10/10
Edited by narutofan85, Jul 9 2014, 02:26 PM.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
I believe it's a clone the black orbs aren't there...

blaccshinobi
Member Avatar
the one who has mastered all the ocular jutsu
[ * ]
kaguya has a chakra limit? are you kidding me?

i mean having full control of 4 or more dimensions does sound taxing, but for the mother of all ninja.. no. even sage obito was more impressive than kaguya at this point. like yes the dimension free control is crazy but like she needs to exhibit more jutsu. the bones were a start i need to see more.

6/10 the 6 just for naruto tricking kaguya again.

battle wise naruto hasnt gotten VERY VERY good.

King of Everything
Member Avatar
I'm King, what else is there to know?
[ *  * ]
I'm glad that Naruto going back on his history and using tactics that have allowed him to defeat more powerful foes before. Like when he deceived Neji by having one of his clones act like how Neji would have expected the real Naruto to act.

I'm hoping to see some variation of the stunt he and Sasuke pulled on Zabuza with the windmill shuriken too. That was still one of the most awesome moments in the entire series to me. Then have him combine some of his other past successes too.

Naruto has beaten vastly more powerful foes before. He can do it again, just like he did those other times.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Judging by Sakura's thoughts it would appear as if this is Obito's last hurrah. Although we'll have to wait and see if that is indeed true. As has been stated many times the guy has a knack for eluding death.

I agree that it was nice seeing Naruto use the powers of the Tailed Beasts in a way that doesn't involve the Rasengan. Through this strategy he was able to land another blow on Kaguya. Naruto then busting out the Uzumaki Barrage was a pleasant surprise. It's been a while since we have seen that.

It was sort of neat to see Kaguya use that Suicide Ash Bones technique. It definitely makes you think of Kimimaro. My guess would be that Naruto fooled Kaguya into thinking that she killed the original while in reality she destroyed a clone. Thus the reason why his clones in the ice world haven't vanished. I mean he has tricked many others in the past with his usage of clones so I wouldn't put it past him again.

Ever since Black Zetsu combined with Kaguya it's almost as if Sasuke and Naruto (Now currently just Naruto) have been dealing with two enemies. I know Black Zetsu is supposed to be a manifestation of Kaguya's will but he and Kaguya keep communicating back and forth with one another. They also address their opponents separately.

Like last weeks chapter this one also gets a 7.

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
koolkhan
Jul 9 2014, 01:21 PM
Sir Kisame

So we get things in motion now, and sakura finally gets some screening and to save sauce-kun! Things are turning up well and soon we'll have an Edo Half-Madara to play his part aswell.

So why is Kishimoto constantly trying to plant and nurture it into the minds of the reader that only the real Naruto could enter?

Naruto himself said "The real me must enter"
Kaguya/Zetsu's mentioned "That must be the real him to enter"

and perhaps some other people, maybe Kakashi or Obito said you would need a lot of chakra to enter, more than what Naruto currently has stored in a single clone even with his Hagoromo and beast chakras.

It's almost as if he's forcing us to believe something just so he can surprise us when we knew otherwise anyway.

For example, (note this might not actually happen so don't quote me on this particular example).

Kishimoto: Hey look Madara blew up, he's really dead now since the final boss Kaguya is here!!
Us: No... we can see his remains, he's going to show another appearance.
Kishimoto: Noo, he's reaaally dead! He wasn't an enemy to be convinced like Nagato, Obito and Sasuke!
Us: Alright, alright... So how does Naruto and Sasuke plan to defeat Kaguya?
Kishimoto: With the lower body of Madara, and Hagoromo, we might see a different side of Madara! Fighting for the good of shinobi!
... -_-

@YourBold
Yeaaaah, I think we all would assume it's a shadow clone, but why and what was the purpose of about 3 characters trying to tell the audience that only the real Naruto could enter? He's trying to lead us astray from common ground just so he could rub it in our faces for not sticking with our guns, if it is a shadow clone, I'm taking every other technique and strategy flaws with a pinch of salt. If Kakashi says he's only enough chakra for 2 more Kamuis then I'm assuming he has about 6 left, before he starts to get a headache, that goes for Obito too, I doubt he's going to simply die from sending Naruto through and back portals; he's going out with a bang, he survived too much for the audience to believe that he's dropping from exhaustion. :FP:

If Madara does come back it's going to be pretty hinty-minty that Hashirama's going to also help him to seal Kaguya, just like Sasuke and Naruto, with that Bloodline combo.
Edited by Sir Kisame, Jul 10 2014, 07:57 AM.

Broncoboogieman
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
5/10...enough said Bub!

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
BHM1250
Jul 9 2014, 01:58 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and be the black sheep of the chapter again by saying I enjoyed it. Last chapter was linear as it was just basically full of monologues and Kaguya binding Naruto in the most confusing way ever.

While this chapter done everything right and more. They made Naruto actually use his Jinchuurki power correctly instead making it into a Rasengan version of it. Secondly, he used Uzumaki Barrage. A move we haven't seen since the pre-Shippuuden fillers. Kaguya pulling her disintegration technique catches you off guard, but you end up seeing it was apart of Naruto's strategy. This chapter did so much justice to Naruto as a character for a long while and Kaguya is finally acknowledging Naruto as Naruto instead of her grandson's reincarnated power source. And yes you can argue with the whole Sakura/Obito business, but can you blame Obito. There isn't another person in the world to trust at the moment.

I don't see how a chapter can read this chapter with Uzumaki Barrage can call this boring, but it gets a 10/10 from me.
Uzumaki barrage. The arguably weakest attack since the first few couple of chapters. Against Kaguya, shouldn't be enough to touch her.

Kaguya, is portrayed in a light to be stronger than Madara, would you disagree with me? If not, continue to read on.

Kishimoto has tryed to show us that this God-like being in a dress is stronger than Madara, yet what we're given is someone that is affected by a SXC jutsu, basic Taijutsu and a clone barrage. Am I missing the point here? But If the Madara-before-pop is stronger than the 5 Kage, Nagato, Hokages, you-name-it-in-Narutoverse and only goes bang through a non-defeat appearance of Kaguya... then why are we given the impression that Naruto's Taijutsu is now End-game comparable to Lee's or even, perhaps Gai's for that matter?

If you want to argue that Naruto is nowhere near the strength of Gai's 8 gates, then imagine what 8 gates Gai can do to Kaguya with taijutsu.

Kaguya hasn't even tired out one shinobi yet, she's more-a fodder than Yamato. (Did I just say that? Sorry I meant Sakura, who now has less whining-about-chakra than Kaguya).

In summary Naruto shouldn't even lift a foot or arm against Kaguya from all this build-up (if this is Kishimoto's idea of the level above 2nd Life Madara), the entire shinobi alliance v.s. Madara and Obito couldn't even get them to open their eyes beyond 5mm. Yet what we're seeing here is Kaguya talking to herself about how she can't maintain her powers over her dimensions and is suffering from exhaustion just like Obito, who has shown many more feats.

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
To be fair, Kaguya is a legend due to her Ninjutsu. She was probably so much better in the ninjutsu department when compared to the competition she never needed taijutsu.

Don't get me wrong I hate her pitifully boring character, but I can understand a weakness in taijutsu. Also, inb4 she is a woman and we all know what happens to women in Kishi land :D

She should be making Madara a sandwich.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
:D Kaguya does not do ninjutsu, her powers look more like blood line origin... She is also out of her era, her fighting tactics are out dated and relied on fear and overwhelming brute force... She is now being out classed by Naruto because this is when Kishimoto begins to take the female MV down for being emotional and unable to think for herself... Does anyone believe if this was Madara he would look this weak and vulnerable, of course not... IMHO I believe Kaguya is starting to turn into a elaborate plot device, the duo isn't even together and she is already showing kinks in her armor... Personally I can't wait for her demise and the return of a MV with a little more character..

^_^ Just more hopeful thinking.....
Edited by zerkone, Jul 10 2014, 11:49 AM.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Eorzean Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
blaccshinobi
Jul 9 2014, 02:49 PM
battle wise naruto hasnt gotten VERY VERY good.

The fights against Obito and Madara suffered from similar issues of stagnation, but at least those problems were offset through an extensive focus on character depth and exposition for both antagonists - the chief problem with Kaguya's personality definitely isn't so much that it's underdeveloped, it's just completely non-existent. Conversely in battles against characterless villains, it's typically a good idea to structure the action in a much more compelling light to compensate for the relative lack of depth, but these headaches are only exacerbated when you've got the main protagonist desperately resorting to stalling efforts and distractions until Sasuke is finally rescued and an actual conflict can continue from where it left off. Aside from maybe a few entertaining panels (Reverse Harem, Uzumaki Barrage), the fight in general doesn't appear to have many redeeming qualities so far - it's mostly just shallow and uninspiring and there isn't a lot of character insight to make up for that.

I'll probably always dislike Kaguya and what she represents for the series, but I don't believe that the fight itself is yet beyond improvement. Either way, it certainly needs it at the moment.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well it looks like Kishimoto is going to go with Sasuke's plan to seal her, seeing that he was never given the opportunity to try it out... Naruto and his unpredictable attacks helped to weaken her until the duo could pair back up... It would seem like the battle could conclude in a few more chapters, if it doesn't get dragged out....

:lol: Lunacy Divine It's good seeing that insight of yours, being shared on the thread again,.. I got to say I was totally surprised to see your post and new avitar...

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
This chapter was not that bad, though I do think it has suffered from yet another translation snafu. One version implied that Obito is dying, while another suggested that he is beyond saving - I'm more inclined to think the latter is more correct. Obito has committed himself to die as penance, because he believes that there is no other way to make it up to everyone. I still think he's getting out of this one alive, but we'll just have to see.

I do like the more general return to strategy, especially from Naruto. Indeed, throwing giant, flashy ninjutsu at Kaguya has been accomplishing nothing. The irony is that punching her face in seems to have better results than anything - taijutsu is also more practical anyway, since evidently Naruto and Sasuke need to get close to her in order to seal her away. The return of Naruto's Rendan was a great callback, though his shenanigans with the clones leave me wondering exactly what he did in the end. I am not so sure that it was a clone that Kaguya nailed, since fatal damage tends to cause them to dissipate immediately. What with all the new abilities he has, he probably has something else up his sleeve.

Which leaves us with Obito and Sakura, the latter of which is surprisingly left without the clone's support. With Obito low on chakra, perhaps things really are counting on her.

As for Kaguya's finite amount of chakra, I hardly think it is worth raising a stink over. This dimension summoning/hopping business literally constitutes the most powerful, wide-scale ninjutsu we have ever seen in the series. In terms of its sheer scope, no other technique comes even remotely close to accomplishing what it can. This is something that only Kaguya can do, perhaps because of the massive amount of chakra she possesses. That it expends an appropriately large amount of power should not be of any surprise.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply