Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 7 (30.4%)
9 3 (13%)
8 3 (13%)
7 3 (13%)
6 4 (17.4%)
5 - Average 1 (4.3%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 1 (4.3%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (4.3%)
Total Votes: 23
Chapter 686 Released
Topic Started: Jul 23 2014, 07:24 AM (2,524 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Naruto pulls out an old trick, Obito finally(?) signs off for good and we get some info on "The Last" Naruto movie.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
RIP Obito (for good). He at least went out with a bang.

Also feeling a bit sad that the series is ending this fall, but it's finally time.

8/10

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Obito finally gets, to be the hero and join Rin on the other side. His last words made me chuckle. He wanted some time with Rin, alone! haha.

Naruto pulls another of his clever tricks and kaguya fall for it, yet again.

I find it odd that Sasuke needs to prepare his eye in order to use its ability. I figured he was able to use immediately without preparation.

Sakura... nothing to say.

Too bad Kakashi was not left with two sharingan, it would have been great for him to have them both this time around.

Last movie and series ending...not a bad year i guess.

bluesakura
Member Avatar
healer
[ *  * ]
The title itself was foreboding. When kakashi asked if he should really just watch, I thought, oh s***! Kakashi's going die this chapter (or next) by saving naruto. When he and obito ran to shield the two, I thought it was fitting, saving someone important and not dying alone. Then obito decided he wanted to be selfish by wanting to have alone time with Rin (he just boxed out kakashi!) by kamui-ng the rod to the other dimension. All the same, it was emotional I even cried a little. But I can really sympathized with kakashi because at that point he was really ready to die.

James Bailey
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Lv3
[ * ]
Mmmm, not so keen on this one. How can Kakashi and Obito sprint over to Naruto and Sasuke, whilst they're just rolling around on the ground like a pair of twits? They've got God-level powers! Are you telling me Naruto couldn't Bijuu up some escape plan? Honestly, if Obito dies from this one, it's a bit rubbish.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maybe it reacts to chakra levels Sakura said she felt like she was being eaten, and Kaguya was struggling just to lift her arms....

I found the chapter to be solid like last week... The classic Naruto tactic of deception was refreshing to see, after all the power displayed in past chapters... Kakashi's lack of use was troublesome to watch but what can a regular guy do against a god right... I'm hoping that Obito could somehow give Kakashi an eye before he turns to dust, but that seems like a tall order...

8/10 Goodbye Obito???

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really liked the chapter. First I liked in a while. Though I hate the setting and the villains I still liked the chapter.

But hmmm... Kaguya is the ten tails but handles Gravity worse than Kakashi, a now totally ordinary (albeit elite level) human. Guess dealing with extreme gravity is mens work and Kaguya should get back into the kitchen.

Kaguya's next dimension should be a kitchen full of sandwich fix'ins.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Enjoyable chapter. Really interested in seeing what kind of Jutsu Hagoromo has, and what the Hokages will have to do. Hopefully they enter this final fight. Kaguya's gravity dimension is pretty crazy, and of course her using those ash bones as well. Obito is definitely done this time, he redeemed himself a little bit to me as a character. And now we can commence with the final fight, hope we see a lot of godlike abilities coming soon. Naruto movie looks very intriguing, can't wait to get more info in the coming week. 9/10

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I wonder if Kaguya will go full on Psycho-Itachi and reveal her true face to look like the Death God or that vampire girl from Fright Night. She hasn't shown any personality and Black Zetsu's been doing most of the talking.

Paladin Leeroy
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I'd like to say this was a fitting end for Obito but we won't know for certain until the next chapter as Kaguya can just sprout more of those sticks.

Fire Shadow
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Obito dying just felt anticlimactic to me. He should've died when a mountain landed on him. He should be dead bc half of his body is composed of Zetsu tree putty. He should've died when Kakashi jammed a lightening blade through his chest. He should've died when Madara and BZ killed him. Now that he's dead, it just feels, 'meh.' And that's kinda disappointing. A major villain for most of this series gets a 'meh' death. All of those jutsu to choose from and he chooses to not avoid a flying stick. idk.
Get those eyes Kakashi. Dig them out of the Obito powder and become relevant again.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll admit that when news first broke about the new Naruto movie I wasn't all that into it. Upon seeing the sketches done by Kishimoto for said movie I can not safely say that I am intrigued.

I liked the color page with Hagoromo and the four Edo Tensei Hokage. Funny how Tobirama still has the same attitude even though he's in the presence of the legendary Sage of the Six Paths. It will be interesting to see what kind of jutsu Hagoromo has up his sleeve. The Edo Tensei Hokage helping him out with this jutsu seems like the way they'll contribute to this final battle.

Kaguya once again using those bone jutsu continue to bring back memories of Kimimaro. Naruto certainly pulled yet another fast one on her. No doubt it was a clever move. Kaguya using that super gravity dimension made me think back to Dragon Ball Z when Goku and Vegeta trained in those Capsule Corp gravity machines.

Perhaps this is finally it for Obito. If it is then I would say he has somewhat redeemed himself. He was able to take some of the Tailed Beasts' chakra from Madara and transfer it over to Naruto, thus giving him the pieces he was missing. Just one chapter ago he helped locate and bring back Sasuke from the dimension Kaguya trapped him in. Now finally he was able to shield Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi from Kaguya's attack. It seems fitting that he go out once again saving Kakashi. Speaking of fitting I thought his final thoughts in this chapter (The ones about Rin) were just that.

Like many other fans I find myself hoping that Kakashi can reclaim at least one Sharingan eye or even get both. It was kind of sad to see him feel so worthless throughout the entire chapter. Perhaps gaining the Sharingan back would help him feel more useful. I doubt that he's going to get it back though.

Overall the chapter was pretty good. I give it an 8.

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
While Obito's sacrifice was certainly touching, what's to prevent Kaguya from separating them in different dimensions again? Real smart, Obito...

James Bailey
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Lv3
[ * ]
Yup, a stupid way to go if you ask me. Of all the possible ninja moves in existence the best anyone can come up with is to take it head on. Just no!

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I agree with the two comments above. Obito's death seems forced in a way.

Also, am I the only one kind of peeved on how Kakashi is giving himself such a hard time about being the weakest of the group? He's starting to act like Kiba.

ryukitsune
Member Avatar
Master of Logical Coolness
[ *  *  *  * ]
Given the defensive tactics we've seen in the past, it is incredibly weird that their only counter was to take it head-on. I mean, Obito had that impressive flame shield, and Kakashi should now be capable of throwing out clones without draining himself. And speaking of it, what exactly hampered Naruto from throwing out some clones to defend himself again, or Sasuke from using Susanoo. The two of them could have easily protected each other. Setting that aside, it was an alright chapter, thought still annoyed by Obito's obsession with Rin.

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, to be fair, if anyone has had an obsession with Rin (and Obito for that matter), it has been Kakashi.

And yeah, while Obito's apparent death definitely seems fitting, I can't help but be baffled by the circumstances it is happening under. Naruto and Sasuke (and even Kaguya!) are stumbling around, yet Kakashi and Obito can somehow stand up straight and intercept what are presumably very fast projectiles?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

General Zod
Member Avatar
Danzo, Madara, Sasuke and Naruto: Kneel before Zod.
[ *  *  * ]
Like a lot of people, I think Obito's death was a bad idea. He was the only one who could do anything about Kaguya's ability to transport people between dimensions and now that he's dead Naruto and the gang are screwed if Kaguya pulls that trick a second time. In instances like these, self-sacrifice is not noble. It's just stupid when there's clearly more Obito can do to contribute towards the victory effort. I guess though it depends on whether or not Kishimoto can write in some new ability of Sasuke's that would enable him to travel back instantaneously should Kaguya transport him somewhere else again.

I guess I can also sympathize with Kakashi. It sucks being the guy in the midst of all the action who can't do anything, or who at least thinks he can't do anything. I'm sure there's something he can do, he just has to think of it first. Here's hoping he does.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
If Obito dies, Kakashi can have two sharingans and
Handle it like a Kage.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
Obito's death could have been done a little better... Defying the laws of physics, busting out one last kamui and then saying goodbye, seems like a nice wrap up for anyone... But for Obito it seems like Kishimoto couldn't come up with a fitting demise for the uchiha that stave off death multiple times....

Kakashi and Obito freely moving at top speed to defend an attack in heavy gravity, would have to be better explained by Kishi... The whole Rinn pulling them along was unnecessary seeing that gravity was playing a major role in everyone elses movements.... What the hell ever happened to the simple yet clever ways ninja would get things done in this story?? Now it's replaced with this glimmer of what once was, glorified power ups, and unexplained actions to be explained later...

Movado
Member Avatar
Jiraiya is alive!!
[ *  * ]
Obito first death he left Kakasi 1 eye, his second death im sure he leaving kakashi both eyes. With Naruto magic healing will for sure reconstruct Kakshi DNA so Sharingan don't drain his chakra.

Makes sense since Kakashi started out the chapter moaning about how he can't do anything, he don't have the power to... here are two MS, fresh off the Obito block.
Edited by Movado, Jul 26 2014, 08:21 PM.

ryukitsune
Member Avatar
Master of Logical Coolness
[ *  *  *  * ]
Considering Obito is turning to ash, seems unlikely there will be any eyes left over. And as far as we know, Naruto's healing doesn't change a person's Dna, meaning he wouldn't be capable of making the drain go away.

Movado
Member Avatar
Jiraiya is alive!!
[ *  * ]
Who knows... Obitio lower body is ash at the moment, an Naruto repairing people leff n right who knows what he can really do.

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
I Really don't know why Kishi gave Naruto those black orbs (Gudodama). That is an ultimate defense shield and he has not be able to use it in defending himself. The orbs have been following him for nothing.

It seems Kaguya reduce the effect of the gravity to gain a better precise attack, hence obito and Kakashi moved with ease to block that attack.

The only thing cheering me up from Kaguya being underwelming is Naruto's craftiness in this and past chapters.

toadsage06
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
new chapter is out, alot of flashback that we have seen before :-|

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply