Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 7 (23.3%)
9 7 (23.3%)
8 6 (20%)
7 4 (13.3%)
6 3 (10%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 3 (10%)
Total Votes: 30
Chapter 687 Released
Topic Started: Jul 30 2014, 11:22 AM (2,513 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I guess that means no more Sharingan for Kakashi for good now, right?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Seems that way Shikamaru. As for the chapter, I thought it was handled really well. Kishi has always done a good job on emotional scenes like when someone dies. I still don't care for Obito, and thought he should have died a while ago, but I thought it was well done. Sasuke was cool just doing what he does and not really caring about Obito. Naruto was pretty badass at the end for cutting off Kaguya's arm, although his statement about Obito being awesome was strange. He did kill his parents, and Neji among others. I'll give this one a 9/10.

CrazySmurf
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
IMO, it's just one page.. Cutting Kaguya hand..
In the same page, on left side, I wonder whose that eye..?
1/10 :-(

keket
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
CrazySmurf
Jul 30 2014, 11:45 AM
IMO, it's just one page.. Cutting Kaguya hand..
In the same page, on left side, I wonder whose that eye..?
1/10 :-(
that eye belong to young obito (you can see edge of his goggles.

But this chapter was really boring: Obito dies, the end.

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
This was a hard issue for me. I know many will be glad to see Obito gone. That is their right.

For me, it was refreshing to see a character that wasn't the most talented... the prettiest... the most well liked. A "good hearted" character that fell. No one was there to catch him. He was scarred. He was broken. He almost conquered the world on pure will power and cunning. He was an "under dog" that stood with giants.
Every time we as the reader thought he was done, he got up again and surprised us.

That is what I will miss the most: the surprise factor. You never knew what Obito was going to do. You could always count on him to throw a wrench in someone's plans.

When his redemption began, I started to lose hope. I didn't think it could be done.
I'm glad to say I was wrong.
While it wasn't perfect, it made his death defying antics all the more endearing once he was fighting for the good of others. The guy had balls of steel. Anyone who can walk up to a Juubi jin Uchiha Madara, face to face, and take something from him (and survive the encounter!) is one brave SOB.

Honestly, while he was a monster for most of his life and got what he deserved in the end... the manga will never be the same for me.
I'll never get that same sense if excitement... "what crazy thing will Obito pull off this week?"

Chapter gets a 9.
A good chapter that gave his few fans some closure and one of the best deaths in the manga. (Though... last chapters set up was a little weak) He never asked for forgiveness. He knew it was to late in the game for that. He only wanted to do what he could with what time he had. I can respect that.

What a great character. I will miss his trolling dearly.
Edited by Saninus, Jul 30 2014, 12:19 PM.

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Really good chapter. Although I didn't like Naruto saying Obito was awesome after pretty much being responsible for everything bad in the series, it does show Naruto's willing to forgive no matter how much wrong has been done to him.

That single panel of Obito's back telling Naruto he'll become Hokage was the single best part of the chapter. Just seeing it makes me teary eyed a bit.

8/10

ultramagnus
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
This chapter was complete garbage (except for black zetsu, he was spot on). Good riddance Obito. I liked obito better when he had his mask on anyway. I thought the dimension they were in was supposed to suck their chakra, yet sasuke's eye gets recharged???

Useless flashbacks.

Is Kishi even trying anymore?

I'm not gonna check chapters 688,689,690 until october because I've just lost interest with this crap.

1/10
Edited by ultramagnus, Jul 30 2014, 01:31 PM.

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh COME ON. No Sharingan for Kakashi!? The return of his sharingan to make him useful was the most predictable plot device that never happened!

Good to see a bit of battle, but overall I'm peeved Kishi threw Kakshi under the bus. Kakashi's only shot is that he gets some new "White Chakra" power. Of course any non-sage non-visual jutsu is just about worthless in a battle of this level now anyway...

yitz
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Naruto is still pursuing the Hokage title, even more so now with Obito dieing wish, even though he is clearly more powerful then any and perhaps all previous Hokage put together.

8/10

Movado
Member Avatar
Jiraiya is alive!!
[ *  * ]
RisenTerran
Jul 30 2014, 01:51 PM
Oh COME ON. No Sharingan for Kakashi!? The return of his sharingan to make him useful was the most predictable plot device that never happened!

Good to see a bit of battle, but overall I'm peeved Kishi threw Kakshi under the bus. Kakashi's only shot is that he gets some new "White Chakra" power. Of course any non-sage non-visual jutsu is just about worthless in a battle of this level now anyway...
Yeah, last week i thought kakashi would get both eyes. But in one panel the sharingan had a crack in it so i guess thats F'ed.

Anyhow, right after Zetsu finally made me laugh with the worm/cockroach joke he's about to die. Im pretty sure Suske is about to torch him.

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, I guess they could have a friendly competition between Sasuke and Naruto for the title since they are the only two who can challenge each other. TBH, it seems like Kaguya is pressed to the brink now that Naru/Sasu are together and in control of their powers.

I still think a good end would be Kakashi as Kage due to his better leadership. Of course Naru/Sasu could extinguish a whole village on their own so I don't really see the purpose of ninja villages anymore... Leaf would be the uncontested king.

Unless maybe the Sage chakra gift isn't permanent? And perhaps Naruto will do what Hashi did and spread the tailed beasts?

PS: Maybe Obito Kamuied out one of his eyes with the other eye at the last second and it will show up somewhere for Sakura to implant?

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Chapter 687: You Will (Obito's message to Naruto - You Will Become Hokage)
Not long ago, in chapter 683 Obito was awakened by Naruto and now he died... *please wake up just to die*
In this time Obito helped Sasuke to escape from that dimension.
There was no absolution for Obito! He manipulated Nagato, started the Fourth Great Ninja War, killed Minato, Kushina, Konan, Neji and others. For what? To free them from this "miserable world"? After all he did I can't believe how Naruto can respect him...even if he stayed alive til' the end of the Manga, there's no way he could have become Hokage, no way!
He saved Sakura one time with Kamui teleporting her to the battlefield and almost was on the verge of death by the hands by Madara, lucky for him he didn't died that time. Now he did it again, with Kakashi. Too bad he died without giving his Sharingan to Kakashi (could have been the 2nd time). Kakashi is now really hopless!!!
Obito, always sacrificing for others. After all, he choose to die, not the others. He always sought death in order to reunite him with Rin in his "Dream World". He could have survived longer if he wasn't so foolish to save everyone...In the end, maybe he did all of this to redeem himself. He got his final words, he's dead 100%, he's not faking death anymore! We believed many times that Obito died in some chapters, like when he had that hole in his stomach, the beasts released from him or after Black Zetsu detached from him and keep goin'. We thought he died in almost every chapter after his defeat.
NOTE: Sasuke is the last Uchiha alive. *we aren't sure if Madara is alive or dead*.
Adios Obito! You are dead! To be honest, I liked Obito more when he had his mask, one of my favs characters! He survived more than I ever expected...

yitz
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Kakashi is no where near useless. He's still an elite level ninja. With the Chakra training he had to do to keep his Chakra levels up so the Sharingan worked, he will have better then average Chakra levels and control. Also because he doesn't have the Sharingan anymore, does he "forget" all the jutsu's he learned via the Sharingan?

JT_codered003
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
So what did sasuke switch with to get that close to kaguya?

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
JT_codered003
Jul 30 2014, 03:47 PM
Not a damned clue. I was able to spitball some possible explanations for his other uses of the power, but this one is making me wonder if Kishi himself even knows exactly what the jutsu does at this point.

At any rate, the chapter was not exactly content-heavy, but I thought it was appropriate to linger on Obito's death, seeing as he was a pretty major character. Nagato pulled this kind of thing first (twice even!), but the heartfelt death speech was actually pretty touching. I found it a tad odd that he didn't say much to Kakashi, but I suppose there was not a terrible lot to say - Kakashi is now stuck in a miserable rut, which I hope he breaks out of before the end. Though, I am actually kind of glad that he didn't get the Sharingan back.

And I suppose Obito is now in the "Pure World." The afterlife is an established thing in Naruto, though we don't know much about it.

Movado
Member Avatar
Jiraiya is alive!!
[ *  * ]
Mohrpheus
Jul 30 2014, 03:57 PM
JT_codered003
Jul 30 2014, 03:47 PM
Not a damned clue. I was able to spitball some possible explanations for his other uses of the power, but this one is making me wonder if Kishi himself even knows exactly what the jutsu does at this point.

At any rate, the chapter was not exactly content-heavy, but I thought it was appropriate to linger on Obito's death, seeing as he was a pretty major character. Nagato pulled this kind of thing first (twice even!), but the heartfelt death speech was actually pretty touching. I found it a tad odd that he didn't say much to Kakashi, but I suppose there was not a terrible lot to say - Kakashi is now stuck in a miserable rut, which I hope he breaks out of before the end. Though, I am actually kind of glad that he didn't get the Sharingan back.

And I suppose Obito is now in the "Pure World." The afterlife is an established thing in Naruto, though we don't know much about it.
ACTUALLLLYYY... I read this chapter with my good eye, if you notice on the first page kaguya was "crumbling" those rod looking thing on her back, Zetsu said switch dimension so they can head faster. Right when Sasuke power return switch to a crumble body part that was still in the air/or on the ground.

cquence72000
Member Avatar
Mutant: Omega class
[ *  * ]
yitz
Jul 30 2014, 03:45 PM
Kakashi is no where near useless. He's still an elite level ninja. With the Chakra training he had to do to keep his Chakra levels up so the Sharingan worked, he will have better then average Chakra levels and control. Also because he doesn't have the Sharingan anymore, does he "forget" all the jutsu's he learned via the Sharingan?
That's exactly what I was thinking. I know he can't use Kumui because its specific to that doujutsu but I would think he could still use all of the techniques he copied since those are not doujutsu specific. AND the not having Sharingan, he won't lose so much chakra so fast.

kingbushybrows
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Good chapter. Don't see y obito didn't use izanagi. He used it against konan.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It comes as no surprise that Naruto tried to use his new powers to heal Obito. Thus far he has been able to do some amazing things like helping out Gai, Kakashi and Obito on another occasion. I'm kind of glad that he wasn't able to heal Obito again. I say this because there needed to be some kind of restriction on this particular power.

With that said I expected this chapter to devote a lot of time to Obito. The end of the previous chapter made it pretty apparent that this was it for him. Plus he has played a big role in the series so now he's getting his grand exit. Personally I wasn't a fan of seeing the same flashback with Rin in it. That felt redundant. I did however like Obito's final speech. That and also seeing him finally join Rin in the afterlife. It brought some closure.

I know that in the previous chapter discussion thread I said I doubted Kakashi would get the Sharingan back but I still held out hope. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that he didn't get one or both of Obito's eyes.

Black Zetsu certainly didn't hold back when he bad mouthed Obito. Talk about harsh. Perhaps Naruto silenced him, if only for a moment, when he cut off Kaguya's arm. That was a cool moment. That's the most damage she has currently taken. I fully expect her to be able to regenerate or replace her arm though.

Not a bad chapter overall. Another part that I thought was neat was when Sasuke used his new eye power and tried to hit Kaguya with a Chidori. When it comes to Naruto calling Obito awesome I would have to say that I side with those that didn't like that comment. Kishimoto should have had him say something else.

Chapter gets an 8.

ryukitsune
Member Avatar
Master of Logical Coolness
[ *  *  *  * ]
Chapter seem way to devoted to Obito, but that could simply be my own bias. I do find it weird Naruto suddenly hyping Obito. I get the series is suddenly about forgiveness, but that's a whole different thing from completely ignoring a person's past action. Ok chapter.

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Good chapter. Don't see y obito didn't use izanagi. He used it against konan."

*facepalm*

I didn't even think of that. Now I hate Kishi even more. You can survive your entire body being smashed into PULP but you can't take on a very delayed bone spear? Ugh.

Nice point. I'm looking for things to hate lol.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
Alright chapter didn't feel anything watching Obito die, maybe I'll feel something with the anime... The best part of the chapter imo was watching Naruto sever BZ's connection with his mother... Thou it was an epic attack, I had to wonder why Sasuke wasn't as successful his reaction and attack was more stealthy then Naruto's yet he missed by a mile....

Megadeuce26
We Have Come To Terms
[ * ]
Good chapter. I think it will be even better in the anime.

For Kishi to take a character who I practically laughed at when introduced and give him enough depth in an arc to make me actually feel an ounce of compassion for the guy is great. His comment to Naruto about fighting with him and the way it made him feel was great...a child who was corrupted by the system and became a product of that system...but deep inside he still longed for that life that he could have had...he just didnt have the mental strength Naruto has.

Sasuke's perfected Susanoo looked epic.

Naruto's response while some say is over the top...is his way of breaking the cycle, which started with the Pain arc. You have to hand it to him, he has held to it. ('hand it to him'...smh)

9/10. Can't wait to see what's next.

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
Well that was bloody touching, got to see the after-life realm, guess that's what Kakashi saw when he briefly died against Pain.

9/10, very emotional stuff right there, like at the end and... *grabs tissue* the middle...

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Movado
Jul 30 2014, 06:41 PM
ACTUALLLLYYY... I read this chapter with my good eye, if you notice on the first page kaguya was "crumbling" those rod looking thing on her back, Zetsu said switch dimension so they can head faster. Right when Sasuke power return switch to a crumble body part that was still in the air/or on the ground.
Maybe, but I'm just not seeing it. It looked like those spikes were already gone by the time Sasuke teleported, and they were dissolving into dust at that.

On another note, is it really that surprising that Naruto has more or less forgiven Obito? The guy has done an awful lot to redeem himself, including saving Naruto's life twice, as well as Kakashi, Sakura and Sasuke's. On top of which, Naruto just learned via the worse plot exposition ever that no Uchiha can ever be blamed for anything ever because it was all Black Zetsu's damned fault anyway. (Not saying I like it, just that it's the way Naruto would probably interpret that point :FP: ).
Edited by Mohrpheus, Jul 31 2014, 04:10 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply