Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 4 (80%)
9 1 (20%)
8 0 (0%)
7 0 (0%)
6 0 (0%)
5 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 5
Shippuden Episode 479 Airs
Topic Started: Oct 13 2016, 03:58 PM (390 Views)
narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
What another great episode!!! Started out a little shaky with art/animationin the beginning but the rest looked fantastic!! Nishio is great as always!! I really enjoyed the filler they added, with Sasuke in holding, everyone visiting Naruto, and the scientists working on Naruto's new arm. As well as seeing Might Gai and company get the bad news. And of course can't forget the Iruka/Naruto scene. I was hoping Kishi would touch upon it in the manga, but he didn't get time. Glad the anime was able to touch upon it. Then the material from the manga, Sasuke's internal monologue, infinite tsukuyomi being undone, Kakashi as Hokage, the funerals for Neji etc, and of course the Sasuke head poke on Sakura and Naruto giving back Sasuke's headband with the main theme playing. So many feels!!! Cool they took the final pages from the series in 700 and added it in. Also like how Naruto thought he was a jonin for a moment. Pretty funny. End of an era, and the beginning of another!!! 10/10
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daobs
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
This is how filler should always be. What a nice "final" episode.

Anyone else spotted Guren, Yukimaru and Gozu trying to enter Konoha with everyone else? Maybe there are other filler characters in that shot. Need to watch it again.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
In my opinion the scene with Naruto and Sasuke forming the sign to undo the Infinite Tsukuyomi was cool. I liked getting an update on each village and character. Poor Gai was burnt to a crisp. It has been so long since his fight with Madara I forgot how bad he looked. For some reason I can't remember if the scene with Sasuke releasing the tailed beasts was in the manga.

I enjoyed seeing the aftermath of the war. Here are my quick thoughts of what we saw;

- The funeral scene was sad. I felt sorry for Hinata, Ino and Shikamaru.
- Seeing Tsunade handing over the reigns of Hokage to Kakashi was nice. I still wonder why she stepped down.
- Naruto and Gaara's handshake made me think back to the beginning of Shippuden.
- Seeing Sasuke in a holding cell was good since it made it seem like he wasn't completely trusted right off the bat.
- Naruto's reaction to the whole "Jounin promotion" ordeal was priceless.
- Iruka and Naruto shared a nice moment after Naruto's study session.
- Sasuke poking Sakura's forehead and Naruto handing Sasuke his forehead protector back were also great moments.

Overall I was very pleased with this episode. I liked hearing Sasuke's inner thoughts as the episode unfolded. I am surprised that they didn't save the material they closed the episode out with for the very end of the series. You know like how they did with the manga.

Episode gets a 10.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply