Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 1 (50%)
9 1 (50%)
8 0 (0%)
7 0 (0%)
6 0 (0%)
5 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 2
Shippuden Episode 488 Airs
Topic Started: Jan 5 2017, 02:07 PM (124 Views)
narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good finale to the arc, I enjoyed the Sasuke vs Chino fight, with the addition of adding Orochimaru's part 1 theme to it was pretty interesting and cool. and Fuushin and Chino finally giving in and trying to lead a new life and not being arrested by Konoha or Kirigakure. And both of them meeting Naruto was a cool moment as well. Also thought it was pretty funny Sasuke went back to the coliseum and took at everyone there, lol. As well as Raikage, C and Darui showing up, just a lot of good moments in this one. and Sasuke finally saying he'd be coming back to the village. Good arc, really enjoyed it. Onto the Shikamaru Hiden arc! 9/10
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
In my opinion Chino and Sasuke's fight was pretty good. I enjoyed hearing Orochimaru's theme again. It felt like a throwback to part one of the series. I like how Sasuke used Genjutsu on Chino. You had to know something was up when it looked like he was about to explode. It's no surprise that Fuushin showed up to try to help Chino. It's also no surprise that he shares the same connection to Chino that Sasuke shares with Naruto.

Chino and Fuushin working with the Hidden Mist Village to atone for their sins is similar to what Sasuke is currently doing. I see that this series is continuing with the theme of letting people off easy even though they have committed terrible crimes. I thought it was pretty neat that Chino finally got to meet Naruto after hearing about him and his dreams from Sasuke.

It was awesome how Sasuke beat all of the ninja in the coliseum. Seeing all of those defeated foes around him made me think of a similar scene when he was training with Orochimaru. I liked the conversation between Sasuke and the Raikage. It was almost as if they put their past behind them.

A few random notes; En Oyashiro being a member of the Chinoike Clan and Chino's father was an interesting twist. I got a kick out of Sasuke's comment about Naruto's handwriting. I wonder why Sakura keeps getting flustered and attacking Naruto whenever she talks about Sasuke? I mean everyone knows she loves him. It's hardly a secret. I'm assuming this is supposed to be comic relief.

Overall this episode was very good and the entire arc was excellent. Hopefully the other arcs based on the novels are just as good. Out of curiosity though did the animation team follow close to the source material? I read somewhere that it didn't. Even if they didn't they still did a great job.

Episode and arc both get a 10.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nice throwback music. Completely forgot that particular track.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply