Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 1 (50%)
9 0 (0%)
8 1 (50%)
7 0 (0%)
6 0 (0%)
5 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 2
Shippuden Episode 493 Airs
Topic Started: Feb 9 2017, 09:35 PM (114 Views)
narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good way to end the arc. Breaking the genjutsu seemed simple enough. Gengo tried giving himself a big advantage by leading Whikamaru into a crypt with no light so he couldn't use shadow possession. Nice moment where he confronted himself and all his burdens and was able to overcome it without being caught in the genjutsu. Also setting up the Ino/Sai relationship with some good moments in the fight and at the end. And of course the Shikamaru/Temari relationship we have all know would happen for a long time, lol. Next up the final arc of the series Koniha Hiden!! One hour special I next week. Look forward to all the Naruto/Hinata wedding stuff. This one gets an 8/10
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Would have been nice to see Zabuza again in a flashback, but it was a decent episode. Really seems like they wrapped things up quickly from last episode and this one.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
In my opinion it was rather smart of Gengo to lure Shikamaru to a place where he couldn't use his shadow jutsu. I find it interesting that Gengo knew Zabuza. Like other fans I wish we could have seen a flashback showing Zabuza. It's funny how Naruto isn't even on this mission but he still managed to help Shikamaru out. It was neat how Ro and Soku helped Shikamaru take Gengo down. They got to finish what they started. I like how Soku cut off the chakra flow to Gengo's tongue. Talk about literally silencing him.

The Temari/Ino/Chouji versus Soku/Sai/Ro battles were not too shabby at all. I liked seeing Ro trick Chouji with his ability to manipulate chakra. Unfortunately he wasn't able to accomplish much other than that. I also liked watching Ino snap Sai out of Gengo's control. The current opening pretty much foreshadowed that. I thought it was a nice moment.

It was great to see Shikamaru ask Temari out on a date. It's about time! I have been waiting to see that moment ever since the Chuunin Exam in part one of the series. It was funny how Ro and Soku were giving Shikamaru dating advice afterwards. Shikamaru's reaction of this being more of a drag than taking Gengo down was priceless.

I find it ironic that Ino was commenting on how Shikamaru was acting while he asked Temari out. I say that because she became flustered when Sai called her beautiful and said he wanted to repay her for helping him get back to normal. Personally I enjoyed both scenes involving these two pairings.

On one final note I got a kick out of how peaceful Temari was when she went to see Kakashi.

Overall this was another very good episode. I give it a 10.

This arc was also superb. I give the arc a 9.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply