Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this week's episode?
10 0 (0%)
9 0 (0%)
8 2 (100%)
7 0 (0%)
6 0 (0%)
5 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 2
Boruto Episode 3 Airs
Topic Started: Apr 20 2017, 03:03 PM (254 Views)
narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pretty good episode. Get more new characters to meet, this time Rock Lee's son Metal. He definitely has his look and some of his characteristics, but differences as well. He gets shy and overwhelmed with a lot of things. Whatever that spirit chakra thing is in the beginning of the episode is interesting. First Drnki gets possessed by it, now Metal this episode taking on Shikadai. Hope we get more into that soon. Looked liked Metal was trying to open the inner gates at one point, lol. 8/10
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riddengan
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Also interesting to see that it appears that boruto has no control over his doujutsu at the moment but he's curious and asking hinata about it. It's definitely not a the main ones we've seen so far (rinnegan, sharingan, byakugan) so has a new one emerged now? actually reminds me of Edo tensei eyes. Could be a result of naruto being infused with SOTSP chakra? looking forward to hearing more about it..

vectorsigma
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Riddengan
Apr 20 2017, 08:32 PM
Also interesting to see that it appears that boruto has no control over his doujutsu at the moment but he's curious and asking hinata about it. It's definitely not a the main ones we've seen so far (rinnegan, sharingan, byakugan) so has a new one emerged now? actually reminds me of Edo tensei eyes. Could be a result of naruto being infused with SOTSP chakra? looking forward to hearing more about it..
It's also interesting to think as to why this doujutsu was not present in the Boruto movie. Seems like they need to retcon this if they (and I think they will) decide to re animate the movie on this series.

So what we have left is Sarado and Cho Cho for the introductory episodes. Then we may get some developments on the "dark chakra" stuff.

Overall a good episode. It is good to see the development of the bonds between the characters this early. In Naruto, we only see this in fillers.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was nice for Metal Lee to get time in the spotlight. It was neat to see how similar he is to Rock Lee. At the same time it was good to see how he is different. This makes me more curious as to who his mother is. I have a feeling this might be one of those situations where we only know only parent.

I liked seeing how things are in the Nara household. As expected Temari is not only tough on Shikadai, but also Shikamaru as well. It was funny how both father and son thought "What a drag." at the same time and Temari knew it. Their reaction to her was priceless on more than one occasion.

It was fun watching Boruto, Shikadai and Inojin go up against Metal Lee. In my opinion Shikadai came up with a good strategy to deal with Metal. It's nice to once again see strategy and some basic moves used rather than flashy techniques. That was so like Inojin to volunteer to knock Metal out. I hope they don't go overboard with the whole classmate gets taken over by dark chakra story line.

Overall this was a solid episode. Naruto's face on the Hokage Mountain taking damage seems like a running gag. Hopefully it doesn't get old quickly. I like how Boruto asked Hinata about the Byakugan. It seems like he is becoming more aware of his eye ability.

Episode gets an 8.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply