Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Welcome To The Leaf Ninja Forums!
Topic Started: Aug 13 2004, 05:13 PM (45,268 Views)
Leafninja Admin
Something Witty Goes Here
[ *  *  *  * ]
I want to welcome everyone to our new temp board, until Leaf Ninja itself is back up and running. I hope that everyone manages to find their way back and sticks around until the time Shika and the others are able to get Leaf Ninja up and running.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HyugaHinata
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Thankies! I'm glad that the site has a new board up and running! :) Were the costs prohibitive for the vBulletin board?

Hattori Hanzo
Member Avatar
The Number 2 Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
well i didnt think i would be the third person here. hey Aiko, Hinata hows it going? i to welcome those who have found out the forums have been brught back up. i really hope tyou gus come back i have been bored these past two weeks.

HyugaHinata
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Hiya Hanzo! Actually, you're the 2nd person here, and I'm the 3rd.

I'm going well, I went to a large anime convention on the weekend. I found lots of cool stuff. I found a Hinata/Neji windchime.

Hattori Hanzo
Member Avatar
The Number 2 Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
i ment posting on the board but whatever :lol:

HyugaHinata
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Hattori Hanzo
Aug 17 2004, 06:52 AM
i ment posting on the board but whatever :lol:

No worries. :) Is there any way to contact the old members?

Hattori Hanzo
Member Avatar
The Number 2 Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
none that i know of.

sasukara
Member Avatar
Mangaka wannabe
[ *  *  * ]
Hi Hanzo, Aiko, and Hinata!

sasukara
Member Avatar
Mangaka wannabe
[ *  *  * ]
I've been finding some leafninja temporary forums! Finally I found^o^

Leafninja Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, Shika and the other admins from Leaf Ninja didn't make this board, I did and I'm still waiting for them to email me.

But welcome to the temp board of Leaf Ninja! ^_^ I'm glad to see members are finally coming and joining this forum.

Davis
Member Avatar
Muerte Inoxia
[ *  *  *  * ]
Glad to see a temp board up and running.

Leafninja Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yea, the yahoo board just didn't seem to be working so I got the idea to make a temp board until the real forums can be put back up. But welcome! ^_- Glad to see more members are making their way here.

Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, I guess you guys deserve some type of explanation. A few weeks ago some unknown party began to DOS attack and e-mail bomb my web host Netrillium and the company they get *their* bandwidth from. Unfortunately Netrillium blamed us simply because the mail that was sent claimed it was coming from the Leafninja website. My host could tell it wasn't us, but the simple fact the massive amount of e-mail had some tie to us made us guilty enough in their eyes to suspend our account.

So a week goes by and I'm still unsure whether I want to move to a new host, I finally find a new host and decide what the hell. So about a week ago I upload everything to the new host at about 1 in the morning my time. So the site is up and pretty and then when I wake up in the morning I see an "Account Suspended" message when I go to the site. Well I e-mail my host and find out they had their automated support system mailbombed as well. The pattern was the same, it looked like it came from our site but it didn't. The fact it looked like it did was enough again in their eyes for them to dump me. Thankfully they didn't charge me anything which was nice.

So here we are, a temporary page on the site of the company I registered the domain through. Will the site come back? I have no clue. I have some nice offers from Narutoinfo and Narutofan to host my site, but because of the nature of my career and job I can't be affiliated with sites that host copyrighted material. Also the fact that these kind sites offer me help when some accused them of copying my content in the first place seems fishy.

Leafninja Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, that just sucks. Hopefully the idiots who are doing this will stop soon so that the site can be put back up. Isn't there a way to track down the ones who did this? This happened to my friend once and she managed to find out who hacked into her domain and the host she was using.

Davis
Member Avatar
Muerte Inoxia
[ *  *  *  * ]
Damn, DOS attacks and email bombs suck. I wonder how they managed to hit the site right after it got back on its feet. Maybe a new domain name might work? Leafninja.net or something. Are there anyways to defend against them? I mean, I'm sure much larger sites suffer the same problems (I know AnimeSuki did) and they seem all right.

Eventually, unless the attacks are entirely automated, they might stop and the .com could be re-used. I'd hate for this to be the end of Leaf Ninja. :(

Ino-Chan
Member Avatar
The original LeafNinja Has-been!
[ *  * ]
;) :lol: oh!! i didnt notice half ya'll were here! I'MMM BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Didja miss me?

I have missed you all....o^_^o at least ur back (some of yall at least)

Jebo
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Shikamaru
Aug 17 2004, 09:35 PM
Well, I guess you guys deserve some type of explanation. A few weeks ago some unknown party began to DOS attack and e-mail bomb my web host Netrillium and the company they get *their* bandwidth from. Unfortunately Netrillium blamed us simply because the mail that was sent claimed it was coming from the Leafninja website. My host could tell it wasn't us, but the simple fact the massive amount of e-mail had some tie to us made us guilty enough in their eyes to suspend our account.

So a week goes by and I'm still unsure whether I want to move to a new host, I finally find a new host and decide what the hell. So about a week ago I upload everything to the new host at about 1 in the morning my time. So the site is up and pretty and then when I wake up in the morning I see an "Account Suspended" message when I go to the site. Well I e-mail my host and find out they had their automated support system mailbombed as well. The pattern was the same, it looked like it came from our site but it didn't. The fact it looked like it did was enough again in their eyes for them to dump me. Thankfully they didn't charge me anything which was nice.

So here we are, a temporary page on the site of the company I registered the domain through. Will the site come back? I have no clue. I have some nice offers from Narutoinfo and Narutofan to host my site, but because of the nature of my career and job I can't be affiliated with sites that host copyrighted material. Also the fact that these kind sites offer me help when some accused them of copying my content in the first place seems fishy.

I dont really know what your talking about, but it sounds pretty rough.

Hope everything comes back soon though. I have been forced to spend my days posting on a forum that I absolutely hate.

On another note is anyone as creeped out by this smilie ;), as I am.

Ino-Chan
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
lol yes all smilies scare me...

Leafninja Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't know how to change similies and last time I tried, I killed my old forum. Literally. The other admin had to go and fix it for me.

Jebo
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Hatake Aiko
Aug 17 2004, 05:43 PM
I don't know how to change similies and last time I tried, I killed my old forum. Literally. The other admin had to go and fix it for me.

whatever its only that single smilie anyways.

Man we need some more topics. Hopefully some good topic makers will come back. I never was very good at that.

Ino-Chan
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
hey! howacome i cant reply to the story i started!?! it says error-you dont have permission to reply to this topic! BUT ITS MY TOPIC!! I waited a while and went back and it still wont let me! :(

Leafninja Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
o.0 You should be able too, Ino. Let me see if something happened that changed so settings. I didn't set up anything in a way to keep people from posting in their own topics. Try again and if it does it again, PM me or Shika.

Ino-Chan
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]

consider this the arrow that points back to the topic...

natsuri
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
ouch that really stinks. i definitely don't want to see leafninja go down for good :/ i have a domain but it only has 50mb storage space and i share it with my friend. don't think that's enough to host leafninja :(

sasukara
Member Avatar
Mangaka wannabe
[ *  *  * ]
Anyone knows when's leafninja gonna be in full process TT^TT ?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply