Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate Episode 144?
10 - Excellent 4 (12.1%)
9 2 (6.1%)
8 4 (12.1%)
7 3 (9.1%)
6 2 (6.1%)
5 - Average 5 (15.2%)
4 0 (0%)
3 5 (15.2%)
2 5 (15.2%)
1 - Very Poor 3 (9.1%)
Total Votes: 33
Episode 144 Airs
Topic Started: Jul 20 2005, 10:44 AM (2,729 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
This episode will do nothing to stop the flood of IrukaxMizuki yaoi. Ugh.

Otherwise, an okay episode. Nice save at the end.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rain Nin
Member Avatar
Credit to Hattori Hanzo
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nothing could stop it Shikamaru. To even try is madness. MADNESS!

Any, which Ino-SHika-Cho are they talking about, old or young?

Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Young.

Hiromi
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Even worse though is that they gave another scene in the last episode of Kakashi and Iruka interacting without Kakashi telling him off. As if that pairing needed more encouragement...

Steven
Member Avatar
Jedi Scum
[ *  *  * ]
my comments for the episode:

".........."

that much <_<

A 6 just for the cool ending

Deleted User
Deleted User

Exploding Rasengan? Get off my screen. 2, for having Ino-Shika-Cho show up at the very end. If not for them, I would have given this 1. Mizuki using Orochimaru's personal techniques, The Stupid Brothers still being on my screen and Mizuki acting less psycho dragged this down.
Quote Post Goto Top

Yayako
Member Avatar
Son of a Bijuu
[ *  * ]
What I reeeeeeally liked about this:
-Seeing young Mizuki
-Seeing young Iruka for a change
-Iruka & Mizuki in action
-Ino-Shika-Cho

I guess I overrated it.... 9! But I reeeeeeeeeaallly LOVE Mizuki :3 heh!

Maiazuru
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I'm really getting tired of seeing Naruto shown as an unimaginative simpleton, Those who created this filler arc only saw his goofy side and nothing else.

Dumb episode, saved slightly by the Trio. A 3.

And 'the best trio in the village'? I'm sorry, but I think their fathers would be better. After all, they're older and more experienced.

I really don't get Tsunade. She keeps sending kids on missions where adults should be sent. I mean, don't send those three, send their fathers! :D

marzaq
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
i agree they only make naruto look stupid....he seems weak in the fillers and strong in the main arc that pisses me off

Rain Nin
Member Avatar
Credit to Hattori Hanzo
[ *  *  *  * ]
The main problem with the fillers is they seem to forget all the emotional maturing Naruto has gone through throught the series. And that he is the second most clever guy there is.

What is with them and over using the resengen. I miss the kage bunshin using Naruto :( Plus as ZUbuza said: "A ninja's secert weapon should not be used in every random battle."

Shouraku
Member Avatar
Evil Genius Fangirl
[ *  * ]
The ending with the trio was the only worth while aspect of this episode.

2 (for the over use of the prized rasengan).

marzaq
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
the stupid brothers are to powerful....and how the hell was they able to graduate from the academy?

Davis
Member Avatar
Muerte Inoxia
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow, what a horrible episode. I gave it a three. Mizuki always having a kunai irritated the hell out of me, as did Naruto's overuse of Kage Bunshin and Rasengan.

Edit: Oops. ^_^ Mizuki throws Kurenai! Ha.

Antenox
Genin
[ *  * ]
You mean kunai, right Haku? :lol: If he had Kurenai, I don't think he'd be envious of too many people.

I'm getting tired of Naruto as a one-trick pony, but I think it's partly Kishimoto's fault the fillers keep overusing Rasengan. He didn't give it any drawbacks, not like Chidori or Gates, which can kill/cripple you if used too often.

Mechalich
Member Avatar
Scientist-nin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I disliked this episode, though the Iruka/Mizuki fight wasn't too bad. Fairly typical of recent Naruto fights with too many flashbacks in the middle, but at least we saw some use of traps, and anticipation, a bit of environment use as well. Also, Mizuki using the hide in the earth trick marks the first time a chuunin has actually used a jutsu, so yay for that.

I really, really, hated the stupid brothers fight. Here's the problem, take all of Naruto's charging clones, and instead of have them punch, have them each stab with a kunai. What happens here?

And while the Ino-Shika-Cho team had a fairly cool appearance, I qustion what they are doing there. Why, after watching two jounin plus guards, and then a team of at least a jounin and three chuunin (Shizune's) lose to this group, do you send one chunin and two genin to help out? I fail to see the logic here.

Of course, I think this whole arc is ridiculous. It's based on the very foolish pretense that ninja actually keep other ninja as prisoners on a permanent basis. This is both a) illogical B) just stupid, there's too many ways for ninja to escape any prison and c) not keeping with any historical ninja tradition (the traditional penalty for nearly all ninja issues is death). I cannot think of a single good reason (aside from the mercy of the Leaf's tender hearts) for keeping Mizuki alive following interogation, never mind in a situation where he can train to become stronger.

CherryBlossom
Member Avatar
Scheming Peon
[ * ]
I'm so sad. The last arc was pretty good...this arc is just...blah.

Everything being connected to Orochimaru annoys me...Mizuki being really buff annoys me for some reason.

The supporterss of Mizuki/Iruka yaoi will be extremely happy. I shuddered. It really didn't need encouragement.

The only save was the ramen bowl line again and seeing InoShikaChou makes me happy.

*cheers for Shikamaru*

I'll be amazed if the stupid brothers were anything beyond genins.

Uchiha Jin
Member Avatar
Sharingan Master
[ *  *  * ]
The fight between Iru and Mizu is off the chart themost boring fight.
throwing Kunai every second won't make anything happen.....

And as for Naruto looking stupid. well if we all saw the manga we know how
he grew in the past 3 years.

And this is only a filler anywayz... but i gave it a 6. Since i saw Sarutobi again..
And the flashback was alright 2... But the best part is InoShikaCho

Deidara >.<
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
well i like naruto and iruka together without any xtra because it is their story but the trio is cutting in which make it more meaningless.i wanted to see iruka use his jutsu but what i get?A bunch of useless kunai keep flying,this is almost getting a 1 but i really wishes to see how mizuki was when he was young so a 8 at least this was bttr than the last esp.But i hope the next esp is three hungry hulks battle cause chouji's here to snatch their food...yeah

Hiromi
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
sigh, this arc is becoming disapointing, which given I foud the premise of it interesting to begin with makes that fact in and of itself disapointing. Maybe it'll look up now that the Team 10 is here. Also hopefully they'll begin Kakashi Gaiden after another two eisodes.

Hatake Asuka
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I gave it a 3 ;)

It bothers me how chuunin are set as weak ninjas, when they should be a step higher than genins. Also, Naruto is clearly as strong as any chuunin in the main story, and probably stronger than a jounin with the kyuubi powers.
It also bothers me how chuunin never use anything else but bunshin no jutsu or kawarimi......if you look at how many jutsus the ex-rookie genin know, they're falling behind.

I don't like all of that to be honest. They're making the characters and random ninja look too weak. the only cool thing was the rescue.

Shouraku
Member Avatar
Evil Genius Fangirl
[ *  * ]
Am I correct in assuming that there is one more episode left for this arc, and that the Kakashi Gaiden arc is next?

Hatake Asuka
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Shouraku
Jul 22 2005, 06:52 PM
Am I correct in assuming that there is one more episode left for this arc, and that the Kakashi Gaiden arc is next?

I hope so, really want it to be animatied.

*Hugs Kakashi, in a totally normal fanboy way*

Hiromi
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Episode 145: "Explosion! New Formation, InoShikaChou"

Episode 146: "Leftover Ambitions and Orochimaru"

So at the very least there are two more episodes of filler left.

Seisuke
Member Avatar
Ex-Mod with a heart of lead
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow. I just watched this arc.

I was rather disappointed. Fuujin and Raijin are just... bleh. And I really hope Iruka does something soon.

Hayaguinojutsu
Member Avatar
#1 fast eating ninja
[ * ]
Ya Iruka is such an idiot. why couldnt he just fight. He was like " NO i cant fight my comrade" <_< ?I think he really is a yaoi.
and my god Naruto could've at least did the rasengan faster.
At least i no choji will be fighting in the next episodes. i'd give this episode a 6.
Bad things about this episode
1. No good fighting sceans.
2. Iruka crying
Good things
1.seeing iruka's past(if it was without the crying scean it would've been fine)
2.knowing choji will be fighting
and thats it

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply