Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
English Naruto Dub Episode Weekly Talkback
Topic Started: Nov 20 2005, 04:50 PM (32,327 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Since the week to week threads aren't getting much attention, this will be the main feedback thread for the episodes. Please include your score in your post for the most recent episode on this scale:

10 - Excellent
5 - Average
1 - Very Poor
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well episode 12 aired yesterday, what did everyone think of Haku? Amazed they kept him as a boy and in the pink kimono?

ShadowOfTime991
Member Avatar
Leaf's Unsang Hero
[ * ]
I personally like the Voice Actress that plays his voice. Anyone else like or dislike it?

Hattori Hanzo
Member Avatar
The Number 2 Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
i aprove. out of any of the charcters, his voice is the closest to the original.

hyuuga_kieran
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
yeah it's good they made the voices at least sorta close to how they were

xMemoriesxOffx
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Yea they're close, but I hate the fact that they can't pronounce their own names right, or the fact that Naruto says "Believe it!" way too much.

I wonder how they will edit the part where Zabuza kills Gatou :huh:

Bitch_Hermit
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Just seen no. 14 and it's big recap. Not a bad episode at all. My biggest concern with regard to what's coming up though, is how Naruto's VA handles him when he goes Kyuubi on Haku. It's probably gonna make or break how people think of Maile for the entire series.

Sharingan No Kakashi
Member Avatar
Leafninja's Mangekyou Vizard
[ *  * ]
Bitch_Hermit
Dec 4 2005, 01:48 PM
Just seen no. 14 and it's big recap. Not a bad episode at all. My biggest concern with regard to what's coming up though, is how Naruto's VA handles him when he goes Kyuubi on Haku. It's probably gonna make or break how people think of Maile for the entire series.

Yeah...

I'm thinking they might use the Japanese Naruto Kyuubi Voice as a cover-up cuz the US version might suck..

Also do you think the "black and white" scenes with the Kyuubi Naruto might be cut? Cuz Toonami might think its TOO SCARY for children....

fffff
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sharingan No Kakashi
Dec 4 2005, 01:02 PM
Bitch_Hermit

Yeah...

I'm thinking they might use the Japanese Naruto Kyuubi Voice as a cover-up cuz the US version might suck..

Also do you think the "black and white" scenes with the Kyuubi Naruto might be cut? Cuz Toonami might think its TOO SCARY for children....

Why would they do either of these things?

hyuuga_kieran
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
fffff
Dec 4 2005, 07:16 PM
Sharingan No Kakashi
Bitch_Hermit

Yeah...

they would do it cuz they suck like that,i get no gore and no cursing when i watch the english version,it just isn't right

hyuuga_kieran
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
xMemoriesxOffx
Dec 4 2005, 03:20 AM
Yea they're close, but I hate the fact that they can't pronounce their own names right, or the fact that Naruto says "Believe it!" way too much.

I wonder how they will edit the part where Zabuza kills Gatou :huh:

It's so snnoying when he says "believe it",he should have just stuck with "dattebayo".

They'll probably cut out the part where he gets cuz but they'll show him fall of the bridge.

fffff
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
hyuuga_kieran
Dec 4 2005, 09:59 PM
fffff
Dec 4 2005, 07:16 PM
Sharingan No Kakashi
Bitch_Hermit

Yeah...

they would do it cuz they suck like that,i get no gore and no cursing when i watch the english version,it just isn't right

Excessive violence is really the only thing toned down in the dub. I don't see how lowering the level of violence takes anything away from the show, but if that's what makes or breaks it for you then I can see why you wouldn't enjoy it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Re: Dattebayo
Leaving that in leaves Naruto speaking one language one minute then another the next. Not only does it sound really dumb and is normally unheard of outside fanfiction and annouing otaku-speak, but in English, it doesn't translate to anything.

Re: Editing
Get used to it, that's how America is. Not insulting the country at all, but land of the free has a lot of censorship laws because cartoons, music, videogames, TV, movies and everything else you can think of is to blame for human nature, so you all have to keep your cartoons for children. Look at how the nation of Japan is one continuous and ongoing riot in the streets, for example. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, a bunch of red cells doesn't make a huge amount of difference to the overall storyline.
Quote Post Goto Top

Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Another good episode this week. Anyone have a score for episode 15?

sasukesharingangod37
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
eh i give it a 4 took most of the gore out this time around

Kriz
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
gore removal (or any edits) in the tv broadcast of naruto never bothers me.

Three reasons:

1: Edits like that make the show accessable to a larger audiance, and don't detract from the story, or the drama, or anything else that makes it a great anime.

2: The editing for Naruto has been absolutely of the highest calibur. You can tell it isn't some quick and dirty Photoshopping; they worked hard to make it look clean.

3: Uncut DVDs will be here before you know it, and the fansubs are still around. The dub is a different experience; not a replacement.

I liked episode 15.

Maile's acting seemed a little flat in the episode, but during the preview, she hit thoses lines spot-on. I have high hopes that she'll handle Naruto's little demon outburst quite well.

Yuri Lowenthal remains, as I have said before, a voice acting god. I really hope they cast him as Ishida when Bleach gets licensed, as Sasuke's japanese VA does that character (off-topic aside: Viz had better grab that, or ADV is gonna get to it first).

Kakashi's voice (which I had doubts about) is growing on me. Hell, Sakura too.

Thumbs up from me.

Mechalich
Member Avatar
Scientist-nin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

(off-topic aside: Viz had better grab that, or ADV is gonna get to it first).

I wonder if Viz can afford to have both Naruto and Bleach licenses going at once. It's not the biggest anime company, and licensing for popuar shows isn't cheap. Naruto has to be the most expensive license in history, and all those episodes.

drunkenmaster
Member Avatar
I am become Death
[ *  *  *  * ]
How is the english handling the dramatic elements? Is it coming across as well as the original?

...I suppose I could watch the dang thing, but then I'd have to wake up early...

Bitch_Hermit
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Personally I think it's not doing too bad as far as "OMGWTFBBQ TEH DWAMA!!!!!" goes. It's the next couple of episodes and the next arc where it really piles on anyway. And luckily for you Drunk, you can get the dub eps on Bittorrent as easy as the subs, and they're quick to spread around. Hell we won't be getting it here in the UK for months at least, so they're all we got until then.

zanderman
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
lotta wrong voice actors, Naruto is made to sound like a 5 year old...Zabuza and Kakashi are the only voices that i can get into

OverClockedZero
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
ShadowOfTime991
Nov 20 2005, 06:00 PM
I personally like the Voice Actress that plays his voice. Anyone else like or dislike it?

>____> I like it.
Shikamaru

Well episode 12 aired yesterday, what did everyone think of Haku? Amazed they kept him as a boy and in the pink kimono?

.___. I was quite amazed at it. I was like waaaay too shocked that I found out Haku was a guy. Of course, that was like 3 weeks ago but I'm still, like shocked.

sasukesharingangod37
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
we see kyuubi naruto tonight

Sharingan No Kakashi
Member Avatar
Leafninja's Mangekyou Vizard
[ *  * ]
And I hope it turns out good...

sasukesharingangod37
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
saw it dubbed kyuubi is actually scary :ph43r: good episode liked it more than the japanese episode

Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
They did another great job. And they kept the "I'll kill you!"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Viz Naruto Anime Dub and Manga · Next Topic »
Add Reply