Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Godaime Hokage; Sannin, Medical-nin...
Topic Started: Apr 15 2006, 02:48 PM (45,676 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Konoha Dossier

Name: Godaime Hokage (Tsunade)

Posted Image

First Manga Appearance: Chapter 149
First Anime Appearance: Episode 85
Name Meaning: Fifth Fire Shadow
Hidden Village: Leaf Village
Notable Features: One of the Legendary Three Ninjas, Uses jutsu to appear younger, Highly skilled medical ninja
Notable Quotes: "From now on, I too shall bet my life!"
Special Abilities: Souzou Saisei

Stats:
(Post-timeskip 10 Point Scale)
Ninjutsu: 10
Taijutsu: 10
Genjutsu: 7
Intelligence: 10
Power: 10
Speed: 7
Stamina: 8
Seal Knowledge: 8
Total: 70

History:
The granddaughter of the First Hokage, Tsunade was taught by the Third Hokage when she was a Genin. Later in life she would lose her younger brother Nawaki and her boyfriend Dan in battles. These two events made Tsunade distraught. Both men had stated before they died that they dreamed of becoming Hokage. This made her feel such a desire was foolish, driving people to take actions they shouldn't. As she aged Tsunade began to use jutsu to alter her appearance and always appear in her twenties.

She and her apprentice Shizune left Konoha behind and traveled the Fire country to satisfy Tsunade's gambling addiction. It was during this period she was approached by Orochimaru for help. Orochimaru told her that in exchange for her healing his damaged body, he would bring her boyfriend and little brother back from the dead. Tsunade was given a week to determine what she wished to do, during this period she was tracked down by Jiraiya and Naruto to ask her to be the new Fifth Hokage.

She felt the position was not worth the trouble and that it is only a fools desire to take the job. Tsunade was tempted at first to help Orochimaru, but the honesty and determination Naruto exhibited in facing Orochimaru and his strong desire to become Hokage reaffirmed her loyalty to Leaf. It quickly became a three-way Sannin brawl with Orochimaru, Tsunade and Jiraiya fighting. Orochimaru was defeated and he retreated. Tsunade then accepted the offer and became the Fifth Hokage. She thanked Naruto and challenged him to never give up his dream to replace her some day.

When Tsunade formally became Hokage she and Naruto shared a tenuous relationship. Naruto often became frustrated with the respect she gave him when assigning missions; however she never really lost faith in the boy. When Naruto came back to Konoha after training with Jiraiya, her advisors recommended Naruto be kept within the village to protect him from Akatsuki. Tsunade believed Naruto could handle himself and his history as a Jinchuuriki meant he was best suited to help others like him in the world. Only time will tell whether this important decision as village leader will be the best for Konoha...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moonlight
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ *  * ]
Tsunade is going to have a hassle handling the actions of Orochimaru, Sasuke, Akatsuki, and newly added to the list Danzou. I wonder what she'll say after Yamato and the others come back to Konoha with the report of the "alliance".
I expect her to be a great Hokage and save Konoha with her life, living the dream of her boyfriend and brother.

Tyriel
Member Avatar
Master of the Rasengan
[ *  *  * ]
I was mightily impressed when I first met Tsunade... one of the few female characters to that point who'd impressed me with physical strength and confidence, which most of the other girls seemed to have been lacking (most have changed since then, of course). I was, however, a bit disappointed she was a mopey, gambling drunk.

Tsunade continues to impress me, however, and not just with her physical strength (mind-boggling though it is) but her character. She fits in nicely with Iruka and Sandaime as a stern mother-figure to Naruto (scary as that thought may be) and will hopefully continue to help shape his developement, as well as Sakura's, into fine ninjas.

I suspect she is on a fatal course in the series, however. Not only because she would gamble her life to save Konoha, or anyone who lived there (a likely possibility, given the growing number of Konoha enemies), but because Shizune said her forbidden technique healed all her injuries at the cost of shortening her lifespan. And she's already none-too-young, despite her appearance.

photon_shermie
Member Avatar
ribbons in her hair and spikes on her wrists
[ *  * ]
Boobies!

Sorry, I had to say it. Someone post that one Konohamaru gif. ^_^;

Darkstar
Unregistered

I like Tsunade, she is almost immortal. She has super strength and and can heal herself in seconds, its too bad that can kill her. If it wasn't for that then, yea she would be practically immortal. She is probably my third or fourth favortie out of the Five Hokage's. I wonder who would be Kage if she refused, again. I also don't see her dying by any of the enemys, not Danzou, Orochimaru or even Akatsuki. If she does die it would be more of a assassination that we wouldn't see, not a battle. I don't want her to die though.
Quote Post Goto Top

tyrannosaurus
Member Avatar
Sannin
[ * ]
i wonder what type of ninjutsu she is using. we havent seen a lot of her abilities. We only know that she is great in taijutsu cause she is soooo strong. What i dislike about her: her personal summons... fighting slugs? except the acid, they must be almost useless...

RinHatake
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Tsunade is really cool! At first I didn't like her, but now I do!!! I think it's great that we finally have a female Kage. And it looks really cool seeing her head on the stone next to Yondaime. Of course, Kakashi should be the sixth Hokage (note: THIS IS A JOKE), but for now, Tsunade will do. ;)

Temari-sama
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Shino didn't win w.e.
~~~~
Tsunade is so cool she has that super strength and she could heal herself in battle (Souzou Saisei) Tsunade rules!! her slug isn't that great though *shrug*

eris_sama
Member Avatar
Raving Kakashi fangirl
[ *  *  * ]
Tsunade and Shizune were the first kunoichi that were well developed and not weak. I always wondered how close Tsunade was to agreeing to Oro's proposal. Was she seriously considering sacrificing Jiraiya? (Now that I think about it, maybe Sasuke can resurrect his parents!)
I like her slug, it can break up into hundreds of slugs, that's actually harder to defeat than one huge enemy.
I do expect her to die before the end of the series.

Wingy
Member Avatar
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR~?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tsunade is quite well rounded in her jutsus. The fact that she can constantly keep up her age genjutsu and have it affect even Jiraya and Orochimaru tells you something. She can use Gamabunta's swords, her most basic healing jutsu is A-ranked, and she can call out the chief slug summon, who unlike Manda and Gamabunta isn't a major killing force(except for the whole acid thing) but is awesome for support. She is one of the few "powerful" Kuinoichi(Kishimoto has a bad habit of underpowering female ninja the sexist bastard) and wears the title of hokage well.

RinHatake
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Well, that's one way to phrase Kishimoto's whole "weak females" thing, the1790.... Her summon is a little weird, but it's really funny too! ;)

MisZxjesZx
Member Avatar
Itachi is awes0m3 XD
[ * ]
Tsunade is awesome and the first female Hokage :D, maybe even first female Kage O.o

I wonder if Kishimoto at the end of the series will show Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke grown up, Naruto in front of Jiraiya, Sakura in front of Tsunade, Sasuke in front of Orochimaru, and like Sasuke is lke the new Orochimaru, Naruto the new Jiraiya, Sakura the new Tsunade... x.x that would be pretty cool IMO

Alchemist
Member Avatar
I'm a pimp, bitch.
[ *  *  *  * ]
The only thing good in Tsunade is her BIG boobies... :lol:

Hanabi555
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Alchemist
Apr 17 2006, 07:22 PM
The only thing good in Tsunade is her BIG boobies... :lol:

:P Yes we all know she has big friggin boobs, She, shizune, Anko and Kurenai are just a few of the Strong Kunoichi's in this series...Tsunade is the best, she's strong, Talented, feared and Ya, she's really cool

RedHead
Member Avatar
Yonkou
[ * ]
Did Tsunade pay off all her gambling debts? If not it would be pretty funny to have a Hokage declare bankruptcy. Even though she could probably just kick the collectors ass.

Tsunade is cool, even though the fear of blood thing was kind of stupid for a medic nin.

Bsze
Member Avatar
Back in black.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, it's stupid is it?

Imagine yourself drenched in your loved one's blood and then imagine the person dying as you were desperately trying to save his life.

I think that's enough to make you develop an aversion to blood.

Clueless
Unregistered

^Yessiree! hemophobia was an obstacle that Tsunads was able to overcome, making her a stronger(no pun intended) entity. Tsunade is an amazing character. She is made so that she is hot, funny, and a strong fighter. Responsibility is one thing though that she lacks.
Quote Post Goto Top

RinHatake
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Bsze
Apr 18 2006, 05:24 AM
Oh, it's stupid is it?

Imagine yourself drenched in your loved one's blood and then imagine the person dying as you were desperately trying to save his life.

I completely agree with you! I would definitely pass out, and I'm not even a known hemophobic! Tsunade's really brave! :lol:

RedHead
Member Avatar
Yonkou
[ * ]
Bsze
Oh, it's stupid is it?

Sure the blood might be of a loved one, but aren't doctors supposed to be able to deal with this kind of stuff? Maybe she didn't have someone to train her emotionally like doctors do, so I understand your point.

Miyabi Nesuke
Member Avatar
Tobi's a BAD boy!
[ *  * ]
It might not be so much the blood itself as an unconcious association with the death of her boyfriend.

RinHatake
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
RedHead
Apr 18 2006, 05:47 PM
Bsze
Oh, it's stupid is it?

Sure the blood might be of a loved one, but aren't doctors supposed to be able to deal with this kind of stuff? Maybe she didn't have someone to train her emotionally like doctors do, so I understand your point.

Yeah, I mean, Sarutobi doesn't seem like an emotionless medical nin, so with the information about Tsunade's teachers we have so far, we can conclude that she probably didn't have anyone to teach her out of (for lack of better phrase) her fear of blood.

RedHead
Member Avatar
Yonkou
[ * ]
Quote:

Sarutobi doesn't seem like an emotionless medical nin

I don't think Sarutobi was a medical nin. Which raises the question: How did Tsunade learn all her medical jutsu without a teacher? She is a Sannin, so maybe she developed them on her own?

Bsze
Member Avatar
Back in black.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Emotional training or not, we can't control our emotions. Tsunade lost her little brother then her lover. No amount of training in the world could ever prepare you for that.

Lightning XIII
Member Avatar
Bad final fantasy
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tsunade is my least favourite character. She's the master of Medical-Nin beside Shizune.

RinHatake
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
RedHead
Apr 18 2006, 07:14 PM
Quote:

Sarutobi doesn't seem like an emotionless medical nin

I don't think Sarutobi was a medical nin. Which raises the question: How did Tsunade learn all her medical jutsu without a teacher? She is a Sannin, so maybe she developed them on her own?

A very good question! You wonder who taught her those skills....

Oh, and I wasn't very clear, but when I said "Sarutobi doesn't seem like an emotionless medical nin" I didn't mean that he was a medical nin, I meant that he wasn't the emotionless "so what if it's blood" type.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Character Appreciation Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply