Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sasori Of The Red Sands; Akatsuki Member, Master of Puppets...
Topic Started: Sep 7 2007, 10:40 AM (20,553 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Akatsuki Dossier

Name: Sasori

Posted Image

First Manga Appearance: Chapter 247
First Anime Appearance: Shippuuden Episode 2
Name Meaning: Scorpion
Hidden Village: Hidden Sand (Missing-nin)
Squad: Akatsuki, Partner-Deidara
Notable Features: Puppet master and puppet himself
Notable Quotes: "You insist on calling those fireworks of yours art? True art endures the ages... beauty everlasting."
Special Abilities: Hitokugutsu, Akahigi: Hyakki no Souen

Stats:
(Post-timeskip 10 Point Scale)
Ninjutsu: 10
Taijutsu: 8
Genjutsu: 8
Intelligence: 10
Power: 6
Speed: 9
Stamina: 10
Seal Knowledge: 8
Total: 69

History:
Sasori was a former highly ranking ninja within Hidden Sand who fled 20 years earlier. He was master of puppet making who was responsible for the design of the puppets Kankurou uses today. One of his underlings was a Sand ninja named Yuura. When Sasori fled Sand to join Akatsuki, he placed a jutsu on his underling Yuura to cause him to unknowingly gather information and serve as a sleeper agent. When the time came, Yuura would be activated to do his masters bidding. This same jutsu was used on a young Yakushi Kabuto, who was to gather information on Sasori's former partner Orochimaru and his Fuushi Tensei technique. Orochimaru removed the memory block though and Kabuto chose to willingly side with Orochimaru.

After the time skip, Sasori and his partner Deidara came to Hidden Sand to capture the one-tail demon Shukaku. Waiting outside Hidden Sand, Sasori activated Yuura. Yuura then wiped out some of the Sand's defenses, allowing Deidara to infiltrate and attack Gaara. After Gaara was captured, Kankurou chased after his brothers captor and met up with Sasori. When Kankurou tried to stop Deidara, Sasori revealed his true origin for the first time and fought Kankurou. Kankurou was outmatched by the master of puppets and he was defeated and poisoned by him. In the battle it was revealed the tail and other portions of Sasori's body were puppet pieces.

Sasori and Deidara returned to the Akatsuki cave base and participated in the extraction of the Shukaku demon from Gaara. Naruto and fellow teammates arrived in an attempt to stop the process but they did not make it in time. Sasori was faced by his grandmother Chiyo and Sakura. Chiyo's battle smarts and Sakura's power were enough to destroy Sasori's current form, that of the puppet Hiruko.

Sasori revealed he kills his opponents and turns them into puppets. This process was done 298 times in the past and his two female opponents would make 300. With Hiruko destroyed, Sasori revealed his greatest triumph, the puppet form of a man who had disappeared under mysterious circumstances, Hidden Sands own Sandaime Kazekage. Another surprise waiting for the two kunoichi, was Sasori's "real" form, a young man unaffected by time, appearing in the same form he was 20 years previously.

Sasori would use Sandaime's Satetsu abilities against the two kunoichi. His ability to make humans into "hitokugutsu" (literally human puppets) would allow him to use their abilities at life even in puppet form. Chiyo revealed her hand as well, summoning Sasori's very parents who were made into puppets as well when he was younger. Sasori used Sandaime to form the iron sand into spikes, and weapons. The puppets exchanged blows, eventually disabling the parent puppets. Chiyo and Sakura tried to avoid damage, but Sakura got scratched, forcing her to use one of their two poison antidotes. This gave Sakura the surprise opportunity though to destroy the Sandaime puppet. Sasori was then forced to remove his cloak and show his true abilities.

Sasori revealed he had made himself into a puppet, adding deadly weapons to his frame. Sakura managed to strike his body but it only managed to reform around a cylinder marked with the "Scorpion" kanji. Chiyo was forced to summon her ten Chikamatsu puppets, and Sasori in turn summoned his special hundred. The huge puppet fight began and Sakura managed to pin Sasori's body to the cave wall with the help of one of Chiyo's chakra sealing puppet parts. Missing though was Sasori's chest container, where his human essence lived. One of his broken puppets rose to reveal the container implanted inside. Weapon in hand it rushed for Chiyo but Sakura jumped in the way to take the lethal strike. Using her remaining strength, Chiyo secretly moved the parent puppets from either side to pierce Sasori's chest container, striking an apparently fatal blow.

The dying Sasori mocked the kunoichi and their reliance on physical forms. He told the two how he had escaped emotion and physical death with his transference to the container form. He then decided to offer the two kunoichi some information as a reward for beating him. He told them he was to meet with an underling of his who is acting as a spy in Orochimaru's camp. In ten days, on a bridge in the Grass Country they were to meet. With that, Sasori fell to the ground alongside his parents, dead. Sakura congratulated Chiyo for defeating Sasori, but Chiyo made a sad revelation. Sasori recognized the parents were going to strike, but he hesitated and did not move to avoid the attack. Sasori was not yet beyond emotion as he so claimed, he seemingly desired one final embrace from his parents.

The Leaf would use the information Sasori provided and travel to the Grass Country. When they arrived at the bridge, Leaf ninja Yamato would transform and impersonate Sasori in his Hiruko puppet. The Leaf watched in surprise as the spy was revealed as Kabuto. They received another surprise when he moved to kill Sasori, revealing his new allegiance to Orochimaru.

The following topic should be used to discuss your thoughts on this individual. You may discuss his strengths and weaknesses, his personality and abilities and his missions in the field.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PuppetMaster
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
All right first to reply yea yea
I think Sasori is a very tought opponent with all those puppet techniques and especially with all those 100 puppets nd if u dont knw his heart is in that container then ur screwed rite ??

I also think he shouldnt have died because he was a very kool character one of my personally FAVS :lol:

do u guys think it was true wat Chiyo said that Sasori knew the puppets would stab him in his heart ?? :huh:

ImmortalPhoenix86
Member Avatar
Forever Ablaze
[ * ]
Yea, maybe he wanted to die since he got to display his ultimate art form

9_tails_fox
Member Avatar
Him
[ *  *  *  * ]
Brainstorming:
A heartless fighters, literally and metaphorically. His 100 puppets jutsu is lethal against a non-puppet user. His only weakness is his "heart" containers, which is inconveniently placed. Couldn't he have put that container in a more secure place? Seems he was one of the first in Akatsuki and that gives proof of his strength. Like Gaara, his life as a child was miserable, without his fathers. That definitely helped to structure Sasori's way of life and his mind.
Lost against Chiyo and Sakura on purpose, so that canít be used to say Sasori was weak. Iím sure Sasori knew about Painís master plan because of his spies. He even tried to spy Orochimaru.

Syndacite
Member Avatar
Yep its back.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Now where should I begin. All right then lets get things started.

Sasori was without a doubt one of the most interesting characters that Part two had. It has been ages sicne we had a character that had the interest level that both Zabuza and Haku had at the start of the series, and then out of nowhere we are presented with Akasuna No Sasori. A man that whom right after Deidara defeated Gaara of all people, had the option to kill and threaten to kill Deidara. Which instantly got me interested into his character. His belief that art is something that should last forever so people can see it through out another aspect of Sasori that I like and that I agree with.

And the fact that in the begining nobody had an idea what Sasori really looked like. Despite the flashbacks by Chiyo, there was the whole mystery of his appearance. And then when was finally revealed to Chiyo's horror was still very much young, adding more mystery as to why he never aged. No sooner after he appeared, he revealed the truth as to why he never aged, by changing himself to a human puppet himself.

But, what also had me interested was his back story and his state of mind. Chiyo stated that her son(Sasori's father was killed by none other than Kakashi's father). And the fact that his mother died no later could have very well been the spark that driven this puppet master to do the things he did.

As the chapters went on I noticed how Sasori seemed to be at odds end. For a man that claimed to have eliminated his feelings of pain and emotions, sure did a good job at covering them up.

Despite all the body modification he has done to try to become a 100% pure puppet. A true puppet is free of pain and emotion, while Sasori still had feelings and was still angered and upset over the loss of his parents. Unlike Sasuke whom became an avenger, or Gaara whom resented his parents, or Naruto whom never knew his parents. Sasori chose to mourn inside and keep those feeling bottled up, a very unhealthy thing to do.

At the end of the fight he choose the option from living and fulfil his Akatsuki goals or dying from a final embrace from his parents. Shockingly he chose to die and to be with his parents, showing that he was waiting for this day his whole life. He failed to become a 100% pure puppet, he failed to remove himself from feelings of pain and emotion. The only other way to escape his pain once and for all was through death.

Unlike all other villians we have seen, Sasori was ninja that was actually searching for his own death that he had always wanted. He was already dead inside from the day his parents died.

Of all the members of Akatsuki, I feel Sasori's death and the way he was handled was the best so far. Kishimoto actualy put thought into this character and had a very suiting end for such a great character. From his interesting jutsu, to his very good backstory and great return to the old format that was presented to us in the Wave Arc.

Sadly, Sasori's death also would marking the decline of part two as things got rushed and all the planning seemed to get sloppy. As many characters were dumbed down just to show case another characters development.

MountainSage
Member Avatar
Ero Sennin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow dont think much more could be said that Sydacite didnt cover, but I really hope but doubt someday Kishi will come up with a Akatsuki Gaiden to fill in alot of the blanks about them, Sasori would certainly be tops on my list.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad that we got a chance to see Sasori again during that flashback Deidara had. I really liked how Sasori and Deidara interacted with one another. Their back and forth antics were only outdone by Hidan and Kakuzu.

I still think Sasori should have killed Sakura or Chiyo before he died.

Yonaka no Kageha
Member Avatar
Yamagakure no Shinobi
[ *  *  *  * ]
I feel that he shoudn't neccesarry show more about Sasori's past. I thought it was done in a nice way during the battle.

Bucks
Member Avatar
Just Being Smug
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wanted Pein...Oh well. Sasori would have been an awsome character unfortunatly he let him self be killed.

Keeb
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sasori was a cool character. I liked his jutsu. I think it was too early for him to die,

Kisame_Hoshigaki_mist
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Sasori was strong indeed.... I think that he was killed off too early, but as Chiyo said, he took the final blow deliberately, he could have escaped it . I think that when he saw his beloved parents rushing at him, in that instant maybe he realised all the bad things he had done, and wanted to join his parents and be with them forever. So I think that is the reason why he took the deadly hit without trying to avoid it!

Kumo
Member Avatar
Lightning Yagami
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maybe we will get Pein in the next appreciation vote. By far Sasori is my favorite Akatsuki member.

blease
Member Avatar
Nothing has changed.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Heh, I'm glad that everyone understands that Sasori let himself die. Had that turned out differently, we would have seen the end of Sakura, Chiyo (earlier) and Gaara (would've stayed dead) and an amazing fight between Sasori and Kabuto/Orochimaru.

I have to say that, although his death was done perfectly and was my favorite in the series, I'm sad that it happened simply because that above-mentioned fight would've been great. Well, that, and he was such an awesome character.

P.S.- Shikamaru, would being a poison master qualify as a special ability? I'm not sure, but his poison(s) was cured only by Sakura, who had training from Tsunade (because of that, I think it's safe to say that those two are the only ones who could've made an antidote). That is pretty "special" in my opinion.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
blease
Sep 7 2007, 06:09 PM
Had that turned out differently, we would have seen the end of Sakura, Chiyo (earlier) and Gaara (would've stayed dead) and an amazing fight between Sasori and Kabuto/Orochimaru.

Reading that makes me wish that Sasori didn't allow himself to be killed. I would have loved to see the dialogue between the former Akatsuki partners. For all we know Deidara might have been present as well.

henryuja
Member Avatar
BASTARD the Exploder Wizard
[ *  *  *  * ]
The best fight seen since Hokage level battle and Sannin War prolly VOTE too one of the best characters very complex and with numerous layers of conciuosness best Aka member outside of Itachi and Oro (not Skill) just best as in character

APpanthers3
Member Avatar
Rawr....
[ *  * ]
sasori, the ultimate puppet master

Deidara-Senpai
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I dont see Sasori s'real face when i click in sasori s'bio image...

Kirabi
Member Avatar
Iam a charging my lazer
[ *  * ]
He died to fast and had no back story in the manga
and had abunch of filler for his backstory in the anime :huh:

I dont like him that much :lol:
(now that hes dead only a few more episodes till my Good boy comes :D )

MxZx-sempai
Member Avatar
Someones BLAZED
[ *  *  *  * ]
i agree, i mean i like sasori but i think he went to fast, it took deidara many times to finally be killed and deidara seemed to be the junior in the group and he reffered to sasori so i think he died too fast

Kirabi
Member Avatar
Iam a charging my lazer
[ *  * ]
MxZx_0-100
Sep 7 2007, 06:48 PM
i agree, i mean i like sasori but i think he went to fast, it took deidara many times to finally be killed and deidara seemed to be the junior in the group and he reffered to sasori so i think he died too fast

if you read the new chapter you whould see a fat aktasuki member in the pod
aka (sasori in his puppet)
I hate Ssori but I think u guys might want to know :D

MxZx-sempai
Member Avatar
Someones BLAZED
[ *  *  *  * ]
hmm im normally up to date with chapters but ive been busy so i forgot, i will read it now

Kirabi
Member Avatar
Iam a charging my lazer
[ *  * ]
MxZx_0-100
Sep 7 2007, 06:52 PM
hmm im normally up to date with chapters but ive been busy so i forgot, i will read it now

it at the last page to the very left :)

(I hope there not clones but they probbly are)
<_<

MxZx-sempai
Member Avatar
Someones BLAZED
[ *  *  *  * ]
yeah thats what they look like but maybe not

APpanthers3
Member Avatar
Rawr....
[ *  * ]
not fat enough :P

Syndacite
Member Avatar
Yep its back.
[ *  *  *  * ]
More Sasori appreciation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJAkX-fvslU

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Character Appreciation Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply