Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 147 (73.1%)
9 26 (12.9%)
8 9 (4.5%)
7 5 (2.5%)
6 1 (0.5%)
5 - Average 4 (2%)
4 1 (0.5%)
3 1 (0.5%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 7 (3.5%)
Total Votes: 201
Chapter 382 Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 13 2007, 06:54 AM (28,992 Views)
Chuffy
Member Avatar
Shut up Naruto
[ *  *  *  * ]
Since we have some spoiler pics out and a fairly reliable script its time to open this.

Flashbacks galore and if people are still believing Jiraiya could survive after 381 its looking less and less likely.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MountainSage
Member Avatar
Ero Sennin
[ *  *  *  * ]
PUT THIS IN PREDICTIONS BUT WILL POST HERE AS WELL

PICS OUT SEEM TO CONFIRM THIS
SOURCE:NF
CREDITS: SHO

No good

My throat's crushed...s***...this is my...

This is bad...I'm...losing conciousness.... Will...I die?

Was it all...a mistake?

Within a flashback

Shinobi live in a world of death, not life.

A shinobi's lifestyle isn't decided by how they live@

But on what they do until they die

Thinking back...the story of my life has just been one mistake after another

Getting dumped by Tsunade, continously...unable to stop my friend...

And unable to protect my students, or my teacher...

Compared to marked achievements of the Hokage

All I've done amounts to little more than worthless.

I, too, wanted... to die like the past Hokage

Deciding the final "ending" to the story

Mistakes were supposed to be fun(!), I lived believing that. Those ordeals were given to develop who you were.

Instead...

I would work to cancel out my failures up to now by accomplishing great things

Then I would die as a fine shinobi!

...That's...how it was supposed to be...

But... this is death...the "ending"....

The Great Toad Sennin prophesized I would be the "Guide of the Revolutionizer"

The one to make a great choice which would affect either the stabilization or destruction of the shinobi world

I would beat Pain, stop "Akatsuki, and save the world of shinobi from destruction

That choice turned out to be a failure as well...

The Tale of the Gallant Jiraiya*...how pathetic it is...

Just a worthless tale.

Thinking about it, I would say you're more fitting as that main character, Naruto.

The memories and hopes of Minato and Kushina, those have sure been received

Despite that....I...

Flashback with Orochimaru

Orochi: "...Shinobi talent is determined by whether or not one can master the use of all techniques within the world. In accordance with that name**, a "ninja" is to cut through those who handle ninjutsu.

Jiraiya: "...That's not what a shinobi's talent is. You still don't get it, do you?"
"'Ninja' refers to a shinobi who can endure."

Orochi: "Differing opinions then."

Jiraiya: "Let me tell you one thing, ya bastard. The most important thing in regards to a shinobi's talent isn't the amount of techniques they have"

"The important thing is"

Naruto's picture comes up

"The balls*** to never give up"

End flashback

I'll stick to my words. And no matter what time comes, I won't give up..."

If that's your "nindou"

Naruto, I'm your teacher. I have no reason to bitch and moan.

And that's because

The "nindou" of an apprentice usually IS passed to his master

Isn't that right...Naruto?

I won't give up...it's that which I had to take as my true "choice"

No mistake about it, Naruto. You are the "Child of Prophecy"

...I'll leave the rest to you

Chuffy
Member Avatar
Shut up Naruto
[ *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Spoiler images.

Second one says; "Naruto. That's a beautiful name."

Narutoisayankeefan
Member Avatar
Elite Kage
[ *  *  * ]
Let's all have a moment of silence to reflect on the greatness that was Jiraiya...

After that we will all have to wait and see Pein get his from Naruto...The true prophecy child...

Also I give props to Kishi like it or not this chapter seems...well beutiful I guess...the reflection of failures of Jiraiya really showed him in a humbling manner something he usually really is not...The icing on the cake was showing Narutos mother pregnant...Also his last words (probably) of him leaving it to Naruto was geat...I say regardless if you liked his death or not...kishi made this chapter a memorable one...Thinking about it...there is really no reason to keep Jiraiya alive after that great of a chapter...R.I.P. J-man....

Sheathed Sword
Member Avatar
Thats good hash browns!
[ *  *  * ]
Wow, Kushina has really long hair.

MountainSage
Member Avatar
Ero Sennin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didnt get the Idea Jiraiya was dead yet, more like he was planning to go down fighting if he was. So were left waiting another week for the conclusion of the fight ?? what do you guys think ?

izumeseijin
Member Avatar
Watching: Cherry Blossom Weather
[ * ]
It's one long goodbye: "I leave the rest to you, Naruto"

I wonder how Naruto is going to react when he finds out. And Tsunade.

On the other hand, Kushina was really beautiful, but she reminds me of Sakura (except for the really long hair and the color is supposed to be red).

Jiraiya accomplished many things. He himself held up against many opponents. Jiraiya produced amazing students. To me, he had a great life as a shinobi (despite being single).

cbac
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
MountainSage
Dec 13 2007, 09:58 AM
I didnt get the Idea Jiraiya was dead yet, more like he was planning to go down fighting if he was. So were left waiting another week for the conclusion of the fight ?? what do you guys think ?

I sorta got that impression reading the better translation that included the bit about the master inheriting the apprentice's spirit, but at this point it would be really tricky to do a turn around following the gravity of this chapter and the fact that he already passed the job on to Naruto.

It would be nice though, the reflections of failure were a really sad way for Jiraiya to go. It would be nice if the thoughts of Naruto got him to not give up. That is, towards the start he seemed to be giving up and questioning his worth. It'd be cool if that was the important decision he was supposed to make; whether to give up and die or not. At this point I don't think he could fight back (both b/c of lack of capability the fact that he's already passed on the job) but if he could just still save himself he could still be around to help Naruto get stronger, and he could finally hook up with Tsunade so that at least one failure on the list could get crossed off.

MountainSage
Member Avatar
Ero Sennin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sounded to me like he was choosing who would be the Child of Prohecy and why, and then tells Naruto he wont give up, using Naruto's Nindo(spelling??). I would imagine we may see a sort of comeback for Jiraiya to fight some more I dont see it lasting long but I didnt get any sign of him giving up or dying immediately in those last comments.

Davis
Member Avatar
Muerte Inoxia
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jiraiya's death is certainly a sad one. It was tough reading the monologue. Although, Kushina is mighty attractive. Naruto's got some good genes and a new bitch: Jiraiya!

Senryu
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
MountainSage
Dec 13 2007, 08:40 AM
Sounded to me like he was choosing who would be the Child of Prohecy and why, and then tells Naruto he wont give up, using Naruto's Nindo(spelling??). I would imagine we may see a sort of comeback for Jiraiya to fight some more I dont see it lasting long but I didnt get any sign of him giving up or dying immediately in those last comments.

I agree. He hasnt died yet, this chapter looks so awesome in the sense it fill itself with nostalgia toward the reader. We are seeing the life of Jiraiya pass through his life. Isn't this what people see through their eyes when they are in sudden danger and think they are sure to die away? People go "I saw in an instan flash all my loved ones, all my life, my memories go through my eyes in an instant and i though about my family." I think this chapter is a nice well made character development. And we get to see Kushina who looks nice and seems to be red haired. My only thing with Jiraiya dying is that we all know there is a jutsu he can use to protect himself with his hair surrounding his body. So he still can survive this battle, unless he go kamikaze like Deidara but actually gets able to kill Pein.

I so wanna see Pein die, but he wont. The strongest hint is the fact that Konnan is alive. Meaning there is no escape on Jiraiya. If J man dies, this will be the 1st death that affects someone close to Naruto. Emotionally and Kyuubically :rolleyes: this is about to create some interesting ass kicking from Naruto toward Pein. Or maybe go for vengeance like Sasuke.

Fuzzy_Eyebrow
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
didnt tsunade leave the town?
see it coming she will save his ass in the last moment, this or she will find his body and we found out she loved him.. at least im sure something like this is going to happen^^

Superlee
Member Avatar
This Arm Was Made For Sending Guys Like You Back To Hell!
[ * ]
Fuzzy_Eyebrow
Dec 13 2007, 08:56 AM
didnt tsunade leave the town?
see it coming she will save his ass in the last moment, this or she will find his body and we found out she loved him.. at least im sure something like this is going to happen^^

Yea, i think Tsunade was in love with him too. She was just playing hard to get. She even said that things will be different between them if he came back alive.

silverback
Member Avatar
Sannin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Reading that spoiler I thought at first Jiriaya was going to say something like.

Jiriaya: Having the Guts to never give up is my Ninja way!!!

And try to fight with all that he has left in him.

PS: Kushina reminds me of Orohime off of bleach

Rain Nin
Member Avatar
Credit to Hattori Hanzo
[ *  *  *  * ]
Funny, you think a tomboy would have short hair.

Otherwise, I must admitt for the first time in a long time, I am impressed.

Normally, I am a happy endings kind of guy, but there is still something I like about someone looking back on their life and going "Well, that wasa waste of time."

henryuja
Member Avatar
BASTARD the Exploder Wizard
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saw another pic where the pa toad was doing a jutsu and Jiraiya kicked one of the Peins backwards, Jiraiya how great art though now though must hasten to thy doom, drinks all around :)

EDIT in that pic i saw jiraiya actually totally reverts bak to his normal form so it does seem like all he was able to do was deliver a farewell nudge to his old student.

Yonaka no Kageha
Member Avatar
Yamagakure no Shinobi
[ *  *  *  * ]
So we even got to see Kushina...otherwise, it dosen't seem like a very "original" chapter.

henryuja
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Compliments of Saiyan Island

EDIT- Should have reposted it at Photobucket instead of linking (SORRY)

-=Pein=-
Member Avatar
Amegakure's S-Class Badass
[ * ]
Wow..so Jiraya is dead. I feel bad for him. He thought his life was a waste, that he couldnt do anything right and failed at everything. What a f***** up way to feel before you go...

henryuja
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
-=Pein=-
Dec 13 2007, 09:56 AM
Wow..so Jiraya is dead. I feel bad for him. He thought his life was a waste, that he couldnt do anything right and failed at everything. What a f***** up way to feel before you go...

In that pic i posted he doesnt seem dead he just seems to be going off now as you can see the pa toad was just completing a jutsu

MountainSage
Member Avatar
Ero Sennin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, it definitely looks like hes gonna go down figthing one way or the other.

*Temari*
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Oh boy, i'm already getting teary eyed... :(

I think this chapter is going to be very beautiful and Kushina looks soooo gorgeous. I can't wait to read the whole chapter.

Icha Icha Paradise!
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
All great Ninjas have one last suicide jutsu, now is time to see Jariaya's, i think there is more to the chapter than the released spoiler, doesn't seem like a full chapter to me. Pa toad seems to be doing something in the spoiler pic.

OniKage123
Member Avatar
All you need is Heart....or maybe 2...
[ * ]
Finaly hes dead...even if that battle was a little bit too epic for my taste...but on the other hand to kill all chars that unspectacular like he did with oro or hidan and kakuzu or Sarutobi Asuma would be a little too much.

Seeing Narutos Mum and getting more infos about Jirayas past is very interessting and maybe we get some hints for the "real pain"

Desan
Member Avatar
Trust me... I'm a doctor!
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am glad that he died like a real man. Not running away when he had a chance to. I don't see why he has to look back on his live as one big f*%# up. I mean its like he didn't do anything. He trained the 4th and Naruto after all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply