Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 4 (10%)
9 5 (12.5%)
8 13 (32.5%)
7 8 (20%)
6 4 (10%)
5 - Average 5 (12.5%)
4 0 (0%)
3 1 (2.5%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 40
Shippuuden Episode 89 Airs
Topic Started: Dec 18 2008, 09:46 AM (5,634 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finishes out the arc and begins the filler arc. The filler seems reasonable enough so far, but then so did the Sora arc, which turned to crap about halfway through.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

vectorsigma
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
is it official that this filler arc will last until march?

FimShady
Member Avatar
Trouble-a-brewin'
[ * ]
Shikamaru
Dec 18 2008, 09:46 AM
Finishes out the arc and begins the filler arc. The filler seems reasonable enough so far, but then so did the Sora arc, which turned to crap about halfway through.
Unless Sasuke ends up fighting a nature-manipulating chakra wig, I'm willing to give this arc a chance. Naruto in a fight for his life...against a disembodied head of ninja hairs. *sigh*

HiddenCloud
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Filler arc really? Miles behind the manga theirs no point >.<

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
HiddenCloud
Dec 18 2008, 10:54 AM
Filler arc really? Miles behind the manga theirs no point >.<
Miles behind yes, but there's no logical place to add fillers except right now.
Edited by vick86, Dec 18 2008, 10:57 AM.

vectorsigma
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
for one thing, this is the first time that a filler arc had a trailer preview (and a good one at that)... so that says much about the difference of this one with the others...
Edited by vectorsigma, Dec 18 2008, 11:12 AM.

hermit sage
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Is the filler official, in other words is it being written by Kishi himself? From what I've seen this is going to be the first filler arc that has to do with a tailed beast and Jinchuuriki that wasnt in the manga. I'm excited in this sense but I'm afraid because with the Sora arc they dragged us thru months of filler and the ending was just plain old bad.

Eternal Rapture
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Here's to hoping this filler ends as well as it has started. The Manga faithful could be in for a rare treat. =]

Holywind
Member Avatar
Amused Fox
[ *  *  * ]
Hopefully after this filler the anime will be far enough from the manga that it can follow it at a good pace. In the end I don't imagine that this filler will exceed expectations. As long as team 8 gets a new technique and we learn something crucial about the 3-tail I can't complain about this filler. Everybody cross your fingers!

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't think we'll ever be truly rid of fillers but I can live with the occasional filler arc and canon-filler as long as that's used properly in the talking episodes because slow motion fights were killing the show in the pre-widescreen days. Thank god they finally remedied that during this last arc.

vectorsigma
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
considering that the manga gap is quite far (90+ chapters), i feel that with the help of this filler arc, the next canon arc will be as exciting as the one that just finshed...

marzaq
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
better 15episodes filler arcs now and then with some story and quality like shippuuden, than the 80+ episodes with worthless plot and quality from part 1

Shock_Dragoon
Member Avatar
"Reign Over the Frozen Heavens, Hyorinmaru!"
[ *  *  *  * ]
Team 8 helping Naruto find/fight the Three Tails doesn't sound so bad

Reobeem
Member Avatar
Lone Wolf
[ *  * ]
This was an ok talking episode. This one and episode 90 seem to be the transision ones. In my mind this will be the first good filler arc, they messed up the Sora arc, and the ones in part 1 are forfgettable. I want to see what they do with the 3-Tails and that lady Kabuto went after I really don't care about.

sayinprince
Member Avatar
EMS???
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought the Lady Kabuto went after was the three Tails.

RisenTerran
Akatsuki
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dont complain about filler when it pushes Plot forward AND involves Akatsuki & Orochimaru!

I hope ALL the jins get their fair shake. The Old Man's fight can be showed, and we can have another Jin filler.

Im frankly happy. The state of the manga isnt too pretty. it certainly isnt as good as it was back where the anime is IMHO. Id just assume we dont catch up for a while. Lets see if the Filler writers have finaly gotten bold!

Quote:

and the ones in part 1 are forfgettable.

Forgetable? You on some brain eat drug? I cant get those horrible memories out of my head. To this day I STILL cant make it through them all. just not possible for me :(
Edited by RisenTerran, Dec 18 2008, 03:00 PM.

jim2069
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
dude filler awesome.
as long as it envolves training of sasuke and what orochimaru teaches him.
also new girl looks awesome. haku relation maybe

also akatsuki filler of the hosts they caught offscreen would be awesome. kishi drew them for a reason.

saw raw epi seem okay picked up in coolness toward end when sasuke and kabuto appeared.

will post more when subbed

:( :angry: made this may be last epi i watch once they make us pay for it. as i will not be paying for subbed if dubbed i would but i do not think they will do that.

Neji Taichou
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sasuke looks like he gets a mission in this arc. Filler arc with Sasuke in it will bring all the fanboys back.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Neji Taichou
Dec 18 2008, 03:22 PM
Sasuke looks like he gets a mission in this arc. Filler arc with Sasuke in it will bring all the fanboys back.
If there's anything we don't need it's Sasuke fillers. He has too much future screentime as it is.
Edited by vick86, Dec 18 2008, 03:39 PM.

Sage of Thunder
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The sora arc wasn't that bad it was nicve to see naruto mature to the point where he can somewhat control the 9-tails from releasing itself although I do admit sora was crap

Dynamic Entry
Genin
[ *  * ]
vick86
Dec 18 2008, 03:38 PM
Neji Taichou
If there's anything we don't need it's Sasuke fillers. He has too much future screentime as it is.
and i'll love every last minute of it.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dynamic Entry
Dec 18 2008, 04:00 PM
vick86
Dec 18 2008, 03:38 PM
Neji Taichou
and i'll love every last minute of it.
OK I know I'm probably not supposed to do this but sometimes I can't help myself.

............................................________........................
....................................,.-...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-...................................-.,............
.........................,/...............................................:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

ryukitsune
Member Avatar
Master of Logical Coolness
[ *  *  *  * ]
A filler arc! Involving the Sanbi! And Akatsuki! And Shino! If only Ino was in it, It would be my perfect arc. But still, Anything showing more bijuu and Akatsuki is good. As long as Sasuke doesn't end up stealing the show, I'm fine with what they do.

P.S. That was cool Vick86.

elninjaloco
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Yeah, I'm going to have to say that I'm quite confused about this upcoming arc. From the looks of it, its a continuation of the story, but with added-excuse my language- bull $%#%. Eh, maybe they'll do some justice to the story, but when you see some stupid girl saying, "Can two hearts communicate (or something like that)", you can't help but get that gross feeling in your throat. The one you got during that 7 season long filler hiatus.
Edited by elninjaloco, Dec 18 2008, 04:38 PM.

marzaq
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
no reason to complain on the filler for several reasons

1. 15 or so episodes are not that much
2. Akatsuki/Orochimaru/Sanbi Filler
3. You can already see that they have a build up for next manga arc
4. when it comes to the next manga arc you will begin complain again ;)
5. This is a new kind of filler in naruto give it a chance
6. Manga only people (me included) knows of the future so we are by nature a bit sceptical im afraid, anime only fans should not even care, i stop read the manga after the current manga arc ends

(yeah i know i will probobly fail, and its like a year of anime episodes til the current manga chapters but i can try it at least ;) i stopped smoking right)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply