Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate these episodes?
10 - Excellent 41 (71.9%)
9 6 (10.5%)
8 6 (10.5%)
7 3 (5.3%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 1 (1.8%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 57
Shippuuden Episodes 127 and 128 Airs
Topic Started: Sep 24 2009, 09:28 AM (5,064 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
For an anime watcher, these episodes are interesting but a bit vague. For the manga reader, they're fantastic. I'll leave it at that. It'll be hard for these episodes, but please watch the spoilers. I'll allow them in this topic, please just hide them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ryz
Member Avatar
Why so serious, Shichirou?
[ *  *  *  * ]
The first episode was meh, all he did was meet random people...(*COUGH*)... the second was better, until we learn that the three kids died! I mean, what was point???(*COUGH*)

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh great once again Crunchy screws with us and skips the pre-opening scene (it's the infamous love-letter scene by the looks of it) anyway talk about foreshadowing. They pretty much foreshadowed everything not related to Sasuke out of the next 80 chapters. As I expected the flashback with Jiraiya training the orphans was in the special ensuring that the upcoming story won't be interrupted. Seeing Kushina however was the completely unexpected highlight of the episode though even if it leaves me sad knowing that's one thing I can't look forward to anymore.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Goodnight, sweet prince.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Both the artwork and animation in the first half were excellent. The second half, not so much, though virtually all of the close-up shots were well-done. All in all I'd say the visuals used for the special as a whole were great, it genuinely felt and looked like something from Part I.

I'm also impressed at the sheer amount of material Pierrot incorporated into the special. A number of establishments never fully explained in the manga are presented here, such as Jiraiya's discovery of Myouboku Mountain and the origin of his Sage training or general skills/abilities. There's a lot of character development from Jiraiya here, too, his progress from a curious adventurist into a mature hermit searching to fulfill his destiny and exactly how he developed his own "ninja way" and his ideals regarding peace helps the viewers to fully understand Jiraiya's personality. It was more difficult to fully recognize where Jiraiya was coming from in the original manga, but now the viewers and readers alike can experience just how fleshed out Jiraiya is made to be as an authorial character. To sum it up, THIS IS HOW FILLER SHOULD BE MADE!

Overall, I think Jiraiya Gaiden is an outstanding piece of anime-only material. It really did portray Jiraiya's timeline just as it was meant to be, merging all of the unnecessarily scattered flashbacks and incorporating some interesting filler to create a unique adventure for Jiraiya and his search for the prophesied child, even adding semi-canon bits I never thought the studio would've utilized for the special. I don't feel it was perfect and I think it could have been demonstrated in a slightly better manner, but to me, it surpasses even Kakashi Gaiden in the sense of having less story flaws and being more original in its presentation. It's been almost a year since I've enjoyed a Shippuuden episode this much. 9/10.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I liked how Jiraiya met a certain bunch of people; namely the bald puppeteer with the unmistakable smile, the fat guy, the long-haired one, the gruff preachy guy and the one with the cut forehead.
Quote Post Goto Top

the kraken
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
these were some good episodes. 10/10 from me. it made jiraya's backstory that much more interesting and easier to understand.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Reobeem
Member Avatar
Lone Wolf
[ *  * ]
These two episodes were terrific. The animation was superb and the music cues were great. This might be the best fillers mixed with cannon ever. I really loved the history lesson about Jiraiya. He mirror Naruto in many ways which makes him so much fun to watch. The colors used for the Frog world were interesting and somewhat odd but still were cool. Those people he met I wonder how they'll affect thing. Since they met Jiraiya they must be important. Also those kids, they seemed nice. I got a little creeped out when it was revealed that Nagato had the Rinnengan, the most powerful ability in the world. To top it off it was great seeing Naruto's parents. It was funny to see Minato like the book so much. Kushina was really beautiful, but I wonder what happened to her. Overall 2 fatastic episodes and it looks like next week will be great as well.

knight
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I really enjoyed the Jiraiya Special. It was great to see the backstory and explanation. Jiraiya was like a previous version of Naruto and man, is he tall.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Aaaand some presents for Shikamaru on the site and anyone who fancies to support their favourite complete nobodies that definitely hold no significance.

Quote Post Goto Top

Pervy Sennin
Member Avatar
ahh...Hot tub time...
[ *  *  * ]
a very well done episode. what a filler-canon should be. 10/10

I have to say, how many chapters this episode cover (or mention) Just like KG, that would be alot.

What! no new intro! whos to blame for this?! jk

looks like Tsuande always had a thing for the J-man, even back then.

This episode really caught up to the manga in details such as names and places.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pervy Sennin
Sep 24 2009, 12:26 PM
I have to say, how many chapters this episode cover (or mention) Just like KG, that would be alot.
Actually it's not that much when talking simply about the number of actual pages covering new material it's about two and a half chapters' worth. However when talking about amount of chapters this episode picks things from.

Note: Not my calculations:

Special total: 40.2 pages picked from 7 chapters and that's not even counting the chapters it borrows things from
Edited by vick86, Sep 24 2009, 01:02 PM.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
the ninja J-man ran into on his journey, including the puppet guy...do we see them later on?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yes. Just... re-imagine the hair.
Quote Post Goto Top

sounddrops
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
wow, just hit me. thanks.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
:FP:
Edited by vick86, Sep 24 2009, 01:14 PM.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
That must be a color mistake...
Sort of like when Kakashi's scar was left off in a recent manga episode? how did you notice...?

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just noticed it not much else to say of course this is nothing compared to the EPIC FAIL in episode 3 or something where Kakashi says he can still see what they're (Naruto and Sakura) saying because of the sharingan and it shows a normal eye while he's saying it.
Edited by vick86, Sep 24 2009, 01:29 PM.

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
My review

I completedly loved it. 10/10

Things i liked

1. J-man's Senjutsu training
2. J-man's journey and meeting those strangers *cough*
3. Seen Kushina and Minato was great and heart warming

Things I didn't like or Wishing would have been shown

1. Oro and J-man's Fight when oro left Konoha
2. More in J-man's Senjutsu training
3. how those orphans died Man i wish we could see those kids again *cough*

EroSennasty
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
128 is shippuuden's best so far! (secondary to the best character=jiraiya). New theme songs also noted... Seeing naruto's parents and unborn naruto, nice!!!! (seeing orochimaru's character vs jiraiya = awesome) Listening to the 3rd's narration = nostalgic. Overall = best yet! Thanks! this is why i watch anime. Characters and Storytelling...

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Of course did anyone notice the mistake at the end in the thirds narration?

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quite a lot was put into these both episodes. Quite a lot. I'm beginning to believe that it's the anime that'll save the "so called" downfall of the Naruto manga for most people. They can always "fill in" a lot of things that the manga missed out. Like for instance these episodes today. This is how filler should be.

10/10.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The anime is certainly more interesting than the manga lately and that's including the fact they had to cover the whole Sasuke vs. Deidara ass pull.
Edited by vick86, Sep 24 2009, 02:02 PM.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Vick, you must have used your sharingan to catch that =p

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
sounddrops
Sep 24 2009, 02:18 PM
Vick, you must have used your sharingan to catch that =p
More like Byakugan since I spotted it a mile away ^_^
Edited by vick86, Sep 24 2009, 02:25 PM.

marzaq
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
perfect just perfect, would have liked to see the face on the pupeteer. he was....spooky with the child

Edited by marzaq, Sep 24 2009, 03:14 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply