Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sonic the Hedgehog; A non Naruto game.
Topic Started: Oct 5 2009, 11:07 AM (6,474 Views)
Hokage Naruto
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sonic the Hedgehog game on the PS3 is way past cool but the problem is that the annoying character Amy Rose appears in it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kakashi girl
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I guess you don't like Amy much?

Yugito
Member Avatar
Writer
[ *  *  * ]
The Sonic games have gone horribly downhill in my opinion. I mean, I enjoyed the two Sonic Adventures and Sonic Heroes. They had their good points and their bad points, yes, but they seemed to be heading in the right direction. Then all of the original GOOD voice actors were kicked to the curb for the terrible 4kids voice actors. Then things went downhill. I mean, ever since the Shadow the Hedgehog game, the Sonic games have sucked in my opinion. I never played the newest Sonic the Hedgehog game, and probably won't.

One thing to know about me, I'm highly biased against the 4kids voices. Horrible. I mean Sonic's is decent, but its nothing like Ryan Drummond. But that's just one problem with the series (to me). The gameplay has generally been the same, I guess (which could be considered a good thing, but at the same time a bad thing). But the playability and the stories are rather lacking (have been lacking, I should say). I haven't played the "crossover" games (like the Secret Rings or whatever, the ones that put Sonic and the other characters in historical-ish events) because they looked flat out ridiculous. I'm starting to wonder if there is any hope for Sonic...

At least, the 3D Sonic games.

Zetsu4Real
Member Avatar
If I go crazy then will you still call me superman!?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sonic Adventure 1&2 were great games indeed, but they set the motion of these horrible games that we have now. Sonic games we have now try too hard with story and to be honest the hedgehogs that have been coming out are lame (at least in the way they are introduced). It would be much more pleasing for developers to realize their pass and look back at the old Sonic the Hedgehog games. We don't want all of this story line and action stuff (action probably) we want a sonic game where we speed through levels like the old days.

That is why the new Mario coming out (Super Mario Wii) is going to be a great seller. It has the traditional side scrolling play style and now with 4 players, which is nothing but a bonus. Maybe the Sonic team will learn soon enough.

Though I must admit Sonic Unleashed surprised me (I only played demo) it seems they were really falling back on their old sonic games. :ph43r:

Wingy
Member Avatar
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR~?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sonic Team and Yuji Naka need to quit now.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Personally, I'm neutral to the voice change. But then again, I heard the 4Kids voices first, so I didn't really have to adjust to that.

I like the Sonic series as a whole and can even enjoy the newer games. [Still waiting to buy Sonic Unleashed]

But what has me excited is the upcoming game currently code-named, 'Project Needlemouse.'

It's apparently supposed to go back to the old days with being 2D and Sonic being the only playable character in it.

Here's to hoping it really is going back to the old formula as much as Sega is saying.

The Master
Member Avatar
Four Knocks
[ * ]
Twilight_Ninja
Jan 20 2010, 08:46 PM

It's apparently supposed to go back to the old days with being 2D and Sonic being the only playable character in it.

Good

Yoshi-honrai
Member Avatar
Wazzup?!
[ *  *  * ]
No Twilight!!!!!!!!

Don't you dare waste your money on Unleashed! Especially if you are buying it for the wii.

You might enjoy the day missions and the graphics. But otherwise, it is a bust.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the warning, Yoshi, but I think I enjoy the Sonic series enough to take that chance. ^_^

Lunacy Divine
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Twilight_Ninja
Jan 20 2010, 08:46 PM
But what has me excited is the upcoming game currently code-named, 'Project Needlemouse.'

Posted Image

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Indeed. :)

In celebration of the news of this installment, I've bought the Sonic Mega Collection for Gamecube, which is a compilation of all the classic Sonic games. It just arrived at my house today.

Now to just wait for the new game. :D

Yoshi-honrai
Member Avatar
Wazzup?!
[ *  *  * ]
Gack!!

Enjoy you werehog missions. Even you will be able to notice the flaw with the game.

Be careful, my friend.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I will. :)

I've heard enough good things in reviews to have the idea that I'll enjoy the game.

But before Unleashed [and the other Sonic games that I don't have], I think I'll save my money for Project Needlemouse.

Seriously, a newer Sonic game with the traditional formula and gameplay from the old days just has got to be awesome. :D
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 will be out this Summer. [It's gonna be an episodic video game]

This game will be a direct sequel to Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles and will use the classic Sonic gameplay.

Also, Sonic and Robotnik will be the only characters in it, so don't expect even any 'classic era' allies from the old days like Tails, Amy, and Knuckles.

Sardaukar
Ex-Moderator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Twilight_Ninja
Jan 24 2010, 02:56 PM
will use the classic Sonic gameplay.
There is a god.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sonic 4 is slated for the Summer and is looking great.

Here are a few preview pics.

Spoiler: click to toggle

firstSasukeUchiha
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
why don`t u like Amy, she is super hot.

Ripley
Member Avatar
reclusive forum typhlosion
[ * ]
firstSasukeUchiha
May 10 2010, 04:06 PM
why don`t u like Amy, she is super hot.
...She's also an animal.
a 2D animal, nonetheless.

Diamonddeath
Member Avatar
Legendary Shinobi
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm a huge Sonic fan, and I'm psyched for Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Unfortunately, Episode I was delayed, and is no longer coming out this summer. Fortunately, they are taking the time to make it even better and closer to a classic Sonic game.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
While I am disappointed about the longer wait, I think it's nice they're putting more time and effort into making it a worthwhile game.
Apparently, the next console release is showing promise. Guess we'll see.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-preview-sonic-colors-176492.phtml
*sigh* I really apologize for making a double post. Is it okay since there hasn't been any new posts in over a month or two?

I bring some news.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/new-sonic-voice-actor-announced

That's right. With the exception of Robotnik, the characters are getting new actors. [Though only Sonic and Tails are announced in this article, other articles are saying that other Sonic characters will also be getting new voice actors]

That being said, I'm psyched for Sonic 4 and now, Sonic Colors.

After seeing the gameplay videos, reading the reviews from IGN and such, and hearing about the story [what little there is] itself, I can honestly say I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: Wow. Didn't expect it to merge again, but at least it's not a double post. ^_^
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 [the game that will be returning to the series's classic platforming roots] Episode 1 will be released next week on October 7th.

I'm stoked. :D
Diamonddeath
May 23 2010, 09:07 PM
I'm a huge Sonic fan, and I'm psyched for Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Unfortunately, Episode I was delayed, and is no longer coming out this summer. Fortunately, they are taking the time to make it even better and closer to a classic Sonic game.
Just got it on Wiiware today.

I think they did a good job at just that. :D [For the most part]
Edited by Twilight_Ninja, Oct 11 2010, 11:07 PM.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, it's been over a year, so I guess it's all right to post again.

Sad that Sonic 4 ep 2 won't be out on Wiiware. I don't have any of the other consoles.

For that reason, I can't play Generations either. Which is disappointing as from what I've heard, it's a very good game in light of the 20th anniversary.

Colors was pretty awesome too and I hear Generations upped the ante even from that.

...Guess I'll just have to hope I can get it somehow. [maybe a port on the next console?]

On another note, however, I did manage to obtain the Rush titles on the DS. Haven't played them yet, but I hear they brought Blaze the Cat into the picture and she's a cool character.

Lunacy Divine
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Twilight_Ninja
Feb 8 2012, 05:53 PM
For that reason, I can't play Generations either. Which is disappointing as from what I've heard, it's a very good game in light of the 20th anniversary.

It's a fantastic game, held back only by its relatively short length and a few other minor gripes. I rented and finished the console version in one night, but that's compensated by a ton of replay value. Classic Sonic returns the gameplay to a time when the series was superb (and does it much better than the disappointment that was Sonic 4) and even the Modern Sonic portions are ridiculously fun. Amusing references to past games and a story that doesn't take itself too seriously is the icing on the cake.

Colors was nice, but this is ultimately the game to convince me the series is actually good again.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Wingy
Oct 6 2009, 09:07 PM
Yuji Naka left Sega in 2006. He's the reason Sonic games were good because... well... him CREATING Sonic may have something to do with it?

Although I gotta' admit that Generations was an epic non-Yuji Naka game.
Edited by BHM1250, Feb 8 2012, 07:39 PM.

B-radical
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
BHM1250
Feb 8 2012, 07:38 PM
Wingy
Oct 6 2009, 09:07 PM
Yuji Naka left Sega in 2006. He's the reason Sonic games were good because... well... him CREATING Sonic may have something to do with it?

Although I gotta' admit that Generations was an epic non-Yuji Naka game.
There were a couple of good non-Yuji Naka games like Unleashed and Colors. I'm hoping in the next game they will bring back Sonic's friends as playable characters as an option like S3 and Advance 1 that handles well and are almost as fast as Sonic. They might test that with the rumored game, "Sonic Dimensions".

iHaveTheEyes
Member Avatar
Smoke Ninja
[ * ]
Am I the only person that enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2 Battle? Don't get me wrong, nothing will ever beat good old Sonic 2 (and 3, but 2 is the best) and the terror I felt when Sonic was running out of breathe underwater (and the accompanying epic music). I haven't explored any recent games, but Adventure 2 battle was pretty cool just for the fact that Shadow was a total badass. And all the boarding levels were wicked fun. And the soundtrack was pretty sweet in my opinion

B-radical
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
iHaveTheEyes
Feb 22 2012, 12:17 AM
Am I the only person that enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2 Battle? Don't get me wrong, nothing will ever beat good old Sonic 2 (and 3, but 2 is the best) and the terror I felt when Sonic was running out of breathe underwater (and the accompanying epic music). I haven't explored any recent games, but Adventure 2 battle was pretty cool just for the fact that Shadow was a total badass. And all the boarding levels were wicked fun. And the soundtrack was pretty sweet in my opinion
You're not the only man, I loved Adventure 2 when I got it for the Gamecube. But now a days, the only time I would go back and play are the Sonic and Shadow levels. The treasure hunting became more tedious in the later levels,and the Mech levels aren't as fun as they used to be when I was younger. But I do miss some of the original voice actors like Ryan, David, Scott, and Deem Bristow, who is my favorite Eggman/Robotnik voice actor. And yeah, the soundtrack was awesome. ^_^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply