Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate these episodes?
10 - Excellent 29 (72.5%)
9 6 (15%)
8 3 (7.5%)
7 2 (5%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 40
Shippuuden Episodes 129 & 130 Air
Topic Started: Oct 8 2009, 07:15 AM (4,630 Views)
Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Eorzean Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
New episodes out. Jiraiya enters Amegakure and gathers information on the formidable Akatsuki leader, Pain. What will he discover...?

Review
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

9 tailed sage
Member Avatar
Hax Godly Eye.
[ *  * ]
Just finished watching it and i'm pretty pleased with this episode. 10/10.

Love the new opening :D

marzaq
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
83 manga pages, and i have discounted the pages that was taken to the jiraya gaiden.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looks like they pulled a One Piece during the opening, plenty of spoilerific goodness. Too bad the animation won't look anything like that in the actual show anyway the interesting thing here is the effects of the Jiraiya gaiden to this story, being able to cut down on the flashbacks to just the select few moments which are actually relevant to the here and now is certainly an improvement.
Edited by vick86, Oct 8 2009, 09:04 AM.

marzaq
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
this sub arc wont take long at all with this pace, i can even see some good filler fight bits just to drag it out a little. only thing im scared of is that in my mind its almost certain for new filler arc after the arc is done

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
marzaq
Oct 8 2009, 09:09 AM
this sub arc wont take long at all with this pace, i can even see some good filler fight bits just to drag it out a little. only thing im scared of is that in my mind its almost certain for new filler arc after the arc is done
Well I always reckoned there would be one
Spoiler: click to toggle

shinsaku
Member Avatar
Sheepish as ever.
[ * ]
I thought this was so good. I loved it and next week's gonna be even better.
The subtile filler addings were done greatly, like that beardy guy being the husband of that woman.. but that constant rain reminds me of my home country the Netherlands xD
Pacing could've been a slight bit faster though.
9/10

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Come on the rain is not that bad... well these last couple days... anyway personally I always dislike it when the anime gets all grey like this. It's so depressing and it just doesn't pop off the screen.

narutokingoftheleaf
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Good stuff!! Loved it, and it's moving along smoothly.

blizzardicy
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
What is the new song title??

Reobeem
Member Avatar
Lone Wolf
[ *  * ]
I got to hand it to them Naruto Shippuden is heading in a fantastic direction. The new opening was epic and really fit with the mood of then story. The animation and pacing were fantastic but things seemed really dark at times. Jiraiya has proven once again that anything he does whether it's pervy or serious is epic. Pain and Konan are realy scary. It's one thing to say you're a powerful ninja but something else entirely to say you're a god. It looks like an epic battle is starting and only time will tell who wins. On the other side of things Madara seems to be involved but I'm not sure how. The preview for the next episode looks good.

Pervy Sennin
Member Avatar
ahh...Hot tub time...
[ *  *  * ]
Great Episode. 10/10

New Opening was awesome. (none of that Blue bird band that I really dislike IMO)

New Ending was also great.

I found it funny when they played the cow noise. very funny.

the pasing and art were amazing.

1st Omake was all WTF and the 2nd was ok

GoldenOrbs
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
10/10, I'm really liking that Studio Pierrot has recently been taking the animation more seriously, the Deidara/Sasuke fight was great, and this stuff was excellent. The pacing and flow to all the episodes lately has been very good, during the sub arc where Sasuke was gathering his team I found the flow had gotten really awkward. I'm really looking forward to the next episode, some really cool fighting is going to be happening, and just from the preview I can already tell that the animation is going to be great.

On a side note, the new opening is now one of my favourite Naruto openings yet, along with a very awesome song to go with it.

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked it 10/10

i wonder who will win this fight between Pain and J-man i have my money on J-man. Also wow it's that nagato? The lil kid with the rinengan and the red hair? someone changed a lot.

I can't wait so next week

:P :P

marzaq
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
what is it thats so funny with this "flog you to frogs" joke? its apparant that it has a doule meaning in japanese but what?

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
marzaq
Oct 8 2009, 02:23 PM
what is it thats so funny with this "flog you to frogs" joke? its apparant that it has a doule meaning in japanese but what?
Looks up the old fan-translations of the chapter in question.

(The Japanese here is a pun, "turn [you] into a frog" = "kaeru ni kaeru", "frog" and "turn into" being homophonous)

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I found it funny when they played the cow noise. very funny.

I was cracking up when that happened, great scene. Anyways, great opening for this season really enjoy it. Both episodes were amazing, and it set it up great for next week. really looking forward to this fight. Jiraiya in sage mode is gonna be fun to watch.

sweendawg
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
good pace and quality. the new intro is also a plus. this arc is turning out well so far on anime. 10/10

Sabaku_Kyuu
Member Avatar
Out getting lost on the road of life
[ *  *  *  * ]
The new opening was great like others have mentioned, as well as the ending. These episodes were great everything I expected recently from the episodes. And oh my the pacing has been fantastic. 9/10

Darkestsith6
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Oh man, the previews of the next episode seem great. The animation seems to be top notch. I'm excited

Courtini
Member Avatar
Courtini 공주 or 姫
[ * ]
I gave this episode 9. I looved the part where Ero-sennin was the bartender; it made me laugh beyond belief!! I also liked the part where the J-man and the frog were talking about Madara...why...I don't know, I guess it's because its Madara they were talking about. Konan looks and sounds emo. I like her jutsu though. Too bad she was told to step back right before the fight started. Looove Pain's(p-e-i-n) jutus where he makes it rain! Can't wait to see the rest of the bodies and more of what he can do. I also can't wait to see the next episode and sage mode. Oooh and a new opening and ending...LOOOOOVE it!!! じゃあ。。。また!!
Edited by Courtini, Oct 8 2009, 05:17 PM.

HyperStorm
Member Avatar
*japanese naruto voice* SASU-KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[ *  * ]
Just amazing the new opening and end were great both song and animation episode was well put i like that they gave the genin with the goatee a little back story. The opening of the episode was well worth the wait and was done great jariaya coming out of the toad was nice. When i first heard konan voice i thought it was good but that was back then listening to her now makes it better. And long here pain was better animated than the first pain we've been seeing. The way that genin describe Pain's no mercy attitude was one of my favorite parts that along with seeing summoning Pain at 13:27. Konan was nicely animated in her skirmish with Jariaya thought it was cool how jariaya just did that hulk like jump at Pain while laughing.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Eorzean Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought the ED was... ehh, uninspired to say the least, but then again I've never liked any of Shippuuden's endings. As far as the music goes, I think most of them sound atrociously bland. This one's no exception.

Deleted User
Deleted User

You either recant that statement or I'll force you to Bacchikoi for everyone, son.
Quote Post Goto Top

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Eorzean Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh damn! Can't believe I forgot about the only ED I actually enjoyed.

I'm genuinely losing touch with this series.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply