Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 33 (66%)
9 7 (14%)
8 3 (6%)
7 5 (10%)
6 1 (2%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (2%)
Total Votes: 50
Shippuuden Episode 131 Airs
Topic Started: Oct 15 2009, 09:23 AM (3,003 Views)
Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Ivalician Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
Episode is out. It's an all-out summoning battle, can Jiraiya buy enough time to activate his ultimate Sage Mode jutsu...?

Review
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Long story:Best animation ever
Short story: OMG

ryz
Member Avatar
Why so serious, Shichirou?
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't understand the cerebus bit, what did he do with the dogs and Gamaken in the end?

Other than that, very nice, not the best drawn episode (I think the sage mode bit could have been constructed a bit better) but still very nice.

Dilandau
Member Avatar
Camp Is Cool!
[ *  *  *  * ]
The animation was flawless, easily the best animation I've seen in Shippuden bar one particular episode during the Hidan/Kakuzu arc. The summoning battle was great, everything flowed really nicely and I loved the scene where Jiraiya had to fend off the summons by himself. Also, Pa cutting the chameleon in half with the water jet was awesome.

I quite liked this part in the manga and it's even better with animation of a quality such as this. 10/10 once again.

the kraken
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Also, Pa cutting the chameleon in half with the water jet was awesome.

i wonder if the animators made a mistake there. the chameleon was supposed to get cut in half with pa's tongue not a water jet.

also, it could have been that i had bad subtitles but they still mentioned that pain could use 6 elements.

overall, this wasn't a bad episode 7/10. the animation just isn't what it once was in part 1, but for shippuden it wasn't bad.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Ivalician Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
Actually, it appears Pa Toad utilized a water stream in the manga as well. I figure the jutsu used involves both his tongue and water or something.

the kraken
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Lunacy Divine
Oct 15 2009, 11:13 AM
Actually, it appears Pa Toad utilized a water stream in the manga as well.
a lot of people thought that it was a water jet, but when the 3rd databook came out they confirmed that it was pa's tongue. he uses a jutsu called zessenzan. or it might use both water and his tongue.
Edited by the kraken, Oct 15 2009, 11:20 AM.

Reobeem
Member Avatar
Lone Wolf
[ *  * ]
It was certainly an interesting episode. I know Jiraiya was pressed for time but it seems like running in tubes in a place you don't know is a bad idea, there could have been more animals waiting for him. So now he's in Sage Mode, hopefuly it'll be useful against Pain even though by the end it was 3 on 1. Next week looks to be ok but I think the pacing is slowing down a bit.

Pervy Sennin
Member Avatar
ahh...Hot tub time...
[ *  *  * ]
AWESOME episode. 10/10

pervy gets another whole episode to himself.

I believe there was filler action during the fight, but it was good filler action.

more people in Akatsuki robes with orange hair, who ever can they be???

Placido
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
one thing i don't understand, why is Nagato using the animal path? you'd think hed want to make it more nostalgic and harder for Jiraiya if he uses the Deva Path.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Placido
Oct 15 2009, 11:47 AM
one thing i don't understand, why is Nagato using the animal path? you'd think hed want to make it more nostalgic and harder for Jiraiya if he uses the Deva Path.
Well as he mentioned to Konan prior to finding out it was J-man who infiltrated, he took out animal out to take care of the Intruder. I'm sure if he'd known it was J-man he'd pull out a more formidable body.

--
I'm gonna have to say that so far this is by far my favorite fight. Watching Gamaken fight the puppies was awesome, truly hilarious that he continues to say he's clumsy when in reality he's is not clumsy at all, a great fighter I might add. It was really great to see him using his shield in such ways other than to protect himself. One of my fave toads now! :) In my opinion the dogs didn't seem as intimidating as they did in the manga.

--It cracks me up how ma and pa are always going at it back an forth. It truly is good comedy. :lol:

Not much more to say other than I can wait till next episode. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a fight for a long time.

8/10
Edited by BadKent, Oct 15 2009, 12:18 PM.

Placido
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
ok, so why does the opening show Deva Path VS Jiraiya? IIRC, Deva path doesn't
Spoiler: click to toggle

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
Deva path what the hell is that?? mhmm Anywho

I liked the episode full of action and great work form that toad. I can't wait to see what happens next EP

Chidori Chihori
Member Avatar
Why So Serious?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Like the animation and the fighting with Gamaken + Jiraiya was awesome.

Looking forward to seeing Sage mode in full swing.

zerkone
Member Avatar
New World Strawhat
[ *  *  *  * ]
10/10 This ep was perfect all around animation artwork even filler material seemed like it really belonged, this ep was just beautifully done.. I hope we can expect this level of animation from now on, I actually was drawn into the battle.. I state this because I had felt that I had grown accustom to the battles and wasn't easily impressed, but damn I'm happy I was wrong.. Because there seems to be someone out there who still believes in creating good quality battles for the series...
^_^ J-man is the best and now we can see why, in beautiful animation...

Elyon
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Beautiful animation? This looked pretty horrible to me. I liked the animation they generally used for part 1 better. Now, they're just making it look like a movie rather than an episode, and I hated how the movies were animated.

HyperStorm
Member Avatar
*japanese naruto voice* SASU-KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[ *  * ]
This was a good episode the animation was amazing even the filler parts were good the pacing was great. For a clumsy toad gamaken can sure hold his own in a battle were its one vs a lot. And wow so much blood close but not bleach but good enough jariaya running from that three legged bird and it's bomb eggs was got a chuckle out of me. Even though this ep was really good like all other good episode their are problems like the flash back they only showed two but hey were long. I wonder how their going to explain how jariaya was able to do shadow clone if earlier he said he had to keep his hands together long enough to summon ma and pa

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
another great episode. I like the filler scenes with Jiraiya and Gamaken against Pain's summoning dogs. Also one of the best scenes I thought was when pa toad used his water attack on Pain's chameleon and the blood just stated raining down, pretty amazing. Great quality, sage mode will be fun to watch, 10/10.

shakoor_h
Member Avatar
Sharingan Master
[ *  * ]
10/10 episode this one. You know it's good when you are disappointed that the episode finished. Cerberus dogs were weird, especially when they had 9 heads.

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
One of the best fights thus far. Truely power filled. No ordinary ninja can escape or get rid of those summons. Props to Jiraiya. Wonderful episode.

Courtini
Member Avatar
Courtini 공주 or 姫
[ * ]
I really really really really liked this episode. This is by far one of my favorite fights. I loved when Ero-sennin and the cool toad were fighting the dogs and then when he went into sage mode. Ma and Pa Toad were super cool. I looove Pain (p-e-i-n)! How he summoned seem soo cool to me!
. I'm not a big fan for the type of animation that is used in big fights like these but for some reason it adds to the effect (did I use that right) of the scene. I also liked when Ero-sennin was running away from the summoned bird.
. Can't wait to watch for the next few. I hope there won't be fillers after this arc (I guess that's what it can be called), but I have a feeling there might be. <3

Placido
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Courtini
Oct 15 2009, 08:01 PM

im fairly certain;

FYI, the Deva path, is the main body of pain (with the short spikey hair)

Courtini
Oct 15 2009, 08:01 PM
Can't wait to watch for the next few. I hope there won't be fillers after this arc (I guess that's what it can be called), but I have a feeling there might be. <3
well, the good thing is, is that the current arc, judged by the opening ends
Edited by Placido, Oct 15 2009, 08:35 PM.

Sabaku_Kyuu
Member Avatar
Out getting lost on the road of life
[ *  *  *  * ]
Loved this episode. This battle is proving to be one of the greatest so far in the series.

susanoo26
Member Avatar
The 4th's Legacy
[ * ]
great episode. The Studio is really stepping up their animation/ pacing game.
It really got me thinking about Kishi's development(lack of) Naruto. So Jiraya trains the 3 orphans for a couple years and they have amazing skills when he leaves them. He trains Naruto for two years in isolation and he comes back with......a bigger Rasenga? SHM.

8.5/10

Placido
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
susanoo26
Oct 16 2009, 07:19 AM
great episode. The Studio is really stepping up their animation/ pacing game.
It really got me thinking about Kishi's development(lack of) Naruto. So Jiraya trains the 3 orphans for a couple years and they have amazing skills when he leaves them. He trains Naruto for two years in isolation and he comes back with......a bigger Rasenga? SHM.

8.5/10
they weren't AMAZING they were just basic wind, water and konans paper ninjutsu, just enough to defend themselves, and he didn't train them till later as his job was mostly to raise them as kids, at least at first.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply