Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 15 (45.5%)
9 7 (21.2%)
8 4 (12.1%)
7 5 (15.2%)
6 2 (6.1%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 33
Shippuuden Episode 139 Airs
Topic Started: Dec 10 2009, 10:24 AM (3,602 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Leaf try to capture Tobi and Tobi reveals the truth about Itachi to Sasuke.

Average episode, did it's job covering manga material as well as it could.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
We got that extra with Kisame and also it covered up to a great point. Looking forward to hearing what Madara may tell Sasuke. 10

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not bad, wish the episode revealed a bit more but good enough

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kartoon-Man
Dec 10 2009, 10:31 AM
We got that extra with Kisame and also it covered up to a great point. Looking forward to hearing what Madara may tell Sasuke. 10
Another little detail that wasn't in the manga is a rather nice addition in which Naruto touches the Uchiha crest. The episodes itself is pretty average in all regards the only great part being the pacing. In the old days they would have drawn this out over two episodes for sure.
Edited by vick86, Dec 10 2009, 11:00 AM.

GoldenOrbs
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I guess now that this arc is over, we can expect more filler?

Reobeem
Member Avatar
Lone Wolf
[ *  * ]
This episode was not that bad. I had a feeling it was going into a transition since that happens after every battle. The animation was good, the pacing was ok although I do wish they covered a little more, and for one the music fit the scenes. The one thing I always loved about Itachi was his ability to plan ahead and in spite of the fact it failed here it was a nice move on his part. I did lol at Naruto calling Zetsu Alo, and if he was not doing other stuff I am sure he would. Next episode looks to be really good and I am interested to see what Madara has to do with the First Hokage.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
GoldenOrbs
Dec 10 2009, 11:30 AM
Not anytime soon by the looks of it.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by vick86, Dec 10 2009, 11:48 AM.

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Decent episode. Naruto's face looked funny when he was passing through Tobi.

I kinda wish they added more filler with Kisame and Suigetsu since it wasn't even shown in the manga and we had like 5 minutes or less of them actually fighting in the anime. Although it was kinda nice to see Kisame show some remorse for Itachi's death.

8/10

Pervy Sennin
Member Avatar
ahh...Hot tub time...
[ *  *  * ]
Great episode. 10/10

Tobi: Frill-necked Lizard no Justu!

Naruto: Hey you, Spiky aloe guy!

Tobi disappering was cool.

Kisame looked like he was about to cry after hearing the news.

GoldenOrbs
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
vick86
Dec 10 2009, 11:44 AM
GoldenOrbs
Dec 10 2009, 11:30 AM
Not anytime soon by the looks of it.

I already know what happens next, what I'm wondering though is if studio pierrot is going to add another filler arc, to distance the manga and anime again, because they're not too far away from each other, especially if the anime keeps going at this pacing.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Eorzean Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
Both the animation and artwork were substandard, but better than I expected from watching the preview. Several up-close character shots were actually on model and it's clear that even the bad animation teams are improving. Still relatively mediocre though.

The plot was certainly interesting. We finally see Shino in action and the shocked reactions of the other rookies upon learning of Itachi's death, as well as more of Tobi's goofy antics. I laughed at the frill-necked lizard jutsu. Madara's (other) seiyuu really does an excellent job in portraying his dark and deep voice tone, Pierrot also directed Naruto's loss very well when the team failed to reach Sasuke in time. Kisame's reaction and feelings on Itachi's death are left ambiguous, though I think this is his way of silently mourning for his fallen teammate. As Sasuke's auto-Amaterasu activates from Itachi's transfer poke, we can see that even a villain as powerful as Madara has his own vulnerabilities and surprises. Which is good, because I'm getting incredibly sick of completely untouchable, stoic villains (I'm looking at you, Aizen).

Overall, this was a decent episode. For a transition-based plotline, things were surprisingly enjoyable to watch. 7/10.

Sabaku_Kyuu
Member Avatar
Out getting lost on the road of life
[ *  *  *  * ]
Episode was pretty good. Loved the voice of Madara, his voice and Shino's part in this episode made me appreciate the episode. 7/10

Chidori Chihori
Member Avatar
Why So Serious?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Always enjoy the Tobi persona and the frilled necked lizard jutsu was pretty funny.

The Madara and Sasuke talks begins and looking at the preview for next week a few interesting flashbacks on the horizon.

The Lord of Shadows
Member Avatar
just imagine having a god-slaying mom....
[ *  *  * ]
wonderfull episode 9/10

primus
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The Tobi persona is always a good laugh, frilled neck lizard jutsu and what not. It's good they added the quick filler where Zetsu tells Team Snake and Kisame about the end results and where the hideout they should go to is.
Didn't like the view of Kisame from the below camera angle, his face was so square.

GoldenOrbs
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looks like we might need a new opening soon as well, this one seems to have most of its content covered.

primus
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
GoldenOrbs
Dec 11 2009, 12:51 PM
Looks like we might need a new opening soon as well, this one seems to have most of its content covered.
Season 7 starts in January so maybe then.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
GoldenOrbs
Dec 11 2009, 12:51 PM
It's only been eleven episodes, that's how insane this pacing is. We're not due for a new song for quite a while but they might put in some different clips soon.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Eorzean Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
The ED changes in January. We'll probably get some new OP clips then.

Zetsu4Real
Member Avatar
If I go crazy then will you still call me superman!?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shouldn't Amaterasu technically continue to consume the land until it reaches like a large mass of water (which it cant put on fire).

Sardaukar
Member Avatar
I Ain't Even Mad
[ *  *  *  * ]
Technically, it could, but we all know that the power of suspended disbelief will stop that from happening, and while it could burn away a pretty big portion of forest, it only burns for a week; it'd die out before consuming anything seriously valuable and the Earth's crust it far too thick for it to burn through (if Naruto-Earth is in such a way consistent with our Earth).

lazygenius
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I only have a problem with the scene where Kiba's charged at Tobi at the end.

Kiba should have detected Tobi's position about the same time Hinata did, if not earlier. By the time Akamaru is seen barking, Kiba should already be absent from Akamaru's side hidden until he suddenly appears for the surprise attack on Tobi. (There was a reason for the bark, you see.) That's how I remember it happen in the manga.

What the anime has done is reduce Kiba to a reactionary sub-chunnin level, making him charge at Tobi right after Hinata pointed him out, an action that rendered the (canon) line "Don't think you can't escape my nose!" completely pointless.
Edited by lazygenius, Dec 11 2009, 09:03 PM.

GoldenOrbs
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
lazygenius
Dec 11 2009, 08:57 PM
I only have a problem with the scene where Kiba's charged at Tobi at the end.

Kiba should have detected Tobi's position about the same time Hinata did, if not earlier. By the time Akamaru is seen barking, Kiba should already be absent from Akamaru's side hidden until he suddenly appears for the surprise attack on Tobi. (There was a reason for the bark, you see.) That's how I remember it happen in the manga.

What the anime has done is reduce Kiba to a reactionary sub-chunnin level, making him charge at Tobi right after Hinata pointed him out, an action that rendered the (canon) line "Don't think you can't escape my nose!" completely pointless.
If you pay attention to the anime more, you'll realize they do this to Naruto all the time, and he is dumbed down way more then the manga version.

Dilandau
Member Avatar
Camp Is Cool!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not a bad episode. Tobi's frill-necked lizard justu was funny and him being the main focus of was quite pleasing. The animation was off at times and some character models, in particular Kisame's at one point, were also off. Aside from that this was an enjoyable episode overall. 8/10.
Edited by Dilandau, Dec 12 2009, 12:07 PM.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good old Tobi continues to amuse me. His comments and actions always make for an enjoyable time. His Frill-necked Lizard justu was pretty funny. Before seeing the episode I thought it actually did something but to my surprise it did absolutely nothing. Speaking of Tobi I like it whenever he switches from his goofy voice over to his serious one. It just shows how good of an actor he is.

I don't know about anyone else but I like how dumb founded the Konoha ninja were when dealing with Tobi. They had no idea how to handle him. They thought they had him once Shino stepped in but they were dead wrong. In my opinion it was cool to see Shino display some of his skills. It sure has been a while. The look on Kakashi's face once he realized that Tobi's space time jutsu surpassed even the Fourth Hokage's and the look of surprise on everyone's face upon hearing Sasuke beat Itachi were also very cool.

Overall this was a good episode. Tobi was definitely the highlight for me. I also liked how they added in some filler that showed Zetsu interrupt Kisame and Suigetsu's battle to let them know the outcome of the fight and that they should retreat to Akatsuki's hideout. The manga never did show that so at the time we thought that Kishimoto had forgotten about them. Madara's reaction when Amaterasu was unleashed upon him was also priceless. Episode gets a 7.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply