Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who do you think will be?
Some one we know: Hancock 4 (8.2%)
Jimbei 15 (30.6%)
2 (4.1%)
Some one we don't know: Fishmen/Merfolk 5 (10.2%)
Giant 0 (0%)
Skypeian 0 (0%)
1 (2%)
Other 17 (34.7%)
Do not believe there will be 10th member 5 (10.2%)
Total Votes: 49
10th member to the Strawhat crew; 10th Nakama. Spoilers!
Topic Started: Apr 6 2010, 10:11 PM (95,324 Views)
negee
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
It is very likely that there will be 10th member (including Luffy) to the crew and think everyone else agree with me. Discuss who do you think it will be and what powers he/she should have. If he/she has DF, which one? - Logia, Paramecia or Zoan? If not, why?
Edited by negee, Jul 13 2011, 08:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oni Giri
Member Avatar
Super Nova
[ * ]
I know everyone wants it to be Jimbei but I feel like he's got too much responsibility at fishman island or his own pirate crew. And this is also assuming if he survives. I'd like to see a bit more ruthless of a character join. Almost similar to Zoro like Crocodile or Das bones. I'd prefer Das Bones cuz logia would be a little too powerful. I could see Das Bones getting more control of his powers and basically be able to be a human armory or something. I could see firing spiked balls from his palms or something but thats just wishful thinking on my part probably.

vectorsigma
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
i think there should be spoiler warnings on the title and on the posts for anime only watchers...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd say Luffy's team is well rounded already. Though they are missing a water type fighter. So I'd vote someone we don't know probably from fish man island. I still do believe that their journey would continue from there. Though Jimbei did mention about protecting Luffy as a favor from Ace, we really don't know how long that favor would be extended to or in what way it will be applied. We do know that Luffy now has a ton of allies after the war, but that doesn't mean they'll all sail on his ship. Fighting for him some time in the future is a good enough help.

negee
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
vectorsigma
Apr 6 2010, 10:42 PM
i think there should be spoiler warnings on the title and on the posts for anime only watchers...
mmm yeah maybe. Did it as you told

Sanbi Jinchuuriki
Member Avatar
Tobi
[ *  *  * ]
Well we dont know if Jimbei will survive
I support Oni Giri and I would like a ruthless kind of character
but I think it wont be human
Probably a Fishman or another human/beast like chopper

The Fourth
Member Avatar
WARUMONO
[ *  *  *  * ]
Seems like Im the only who believes there wont be another member. Although I have to admit Jimbei is a likely candidate, but I think he will be an ally rather than a crew member.

Zetsu4Real
Member Avatar
If I go crazy then will you still call me superman!?
[ *  *  *  * ]
This probably sounds rather lame, but the recent events could cause Coby to leave the Marines, and there is more than enough time in this manga for him to develop into a character that can be of use to the strawhat crew.

I mean I wanted him part of the crew since near the beginning

The Lord of Shadows
Member Avatar
just imagine having a god-slaying mom....
[ *  *  * ]
Zetsu4Real
Apr 7 2010, 08:28 AM
This probably sounds rather lame, but the recent events could cause Coby to leave the Marines, and there is more than enough time in this manga for him to develop into a character that can be of use to the strawhat crew.

I mean I wanted him part of the crew since near the beginning
maybe it could be crocodile,he is helping luffy aalot last time

FictionReader98
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Personally speaking out of all the character's we've seen so far, I would love for Crocodile to be the tenth member of the Straw Hats. He's easily my favorite villain of the entire series and I always enjoy watching him work, whether I'm cheering for him or not.

With that said, I don't harbor any beliefs that Crocodile will join. Much like he turned down Doflamingo's offer of working together. He's simply got his own goals and ambitions and that doesn't include being second rate to someone else. Plus it would be a bit repetitive since Robin joined and she was also from Baroque Works.

I don't believe Hancock or Jimbei will either. I have nothing against either of them doing so, but I just don't see them doing it. Hancock is the leader of Amazon Lily, so she shouldn't go pirating about with that title. I also worry that she might be in danger from the Marines due to her helping Luffy during the battle and there were plenty of witnesses who can attest to that. Same kind of thing for Jimbei. Whitebeard's claim on Fishman Island is the only reason there's peace there and with the big man now passed on, it's going to fall into chaos once more, so I see Jimbei staying at Fishman Island to do what he can to help protect it, thus preventing him from following Luffy.

Though personally I always thought it would be neat if Luffy starting claiming his own territory like Whitebeard with Amazon Lily and Fishman Island being the first. But I don't really see him doing that either. He's not in this for power or making big claims like that; he's in it to be free on the ocean and do what he wants.

With that all side, I do believe there will be a 10th and final member of the Straw Hats. Luffy said in the beginning he wanted at least 10 strong men for his crew. Granted, he wanted them before he entered the Grand Line, but he's still be recruiting along the journey and I always felt those recruitments were a big part of the story. All the more so with Blackbeard now having a crew of ten with the recruits he got from Impel Down. Given the parallels between the Straw Hats and Blackbeard Pirates, it only seems fitting that they have an equal standing with the same number of crew members on each side.

So I believe the tenth member will be someone we have yet to meet from the New World. With all the hype built around the place and the potential it can bring to the story, I would be highly disappointed if the Straw Hats didn't get at least one new member from the New World to add to their journey. The first arc of the New World ending with a recruitment of a new member I think would be the ideal send off for the beginning of their adventures there.

negee
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Basically I agree with everything FictionReader98 said.

Although it is very likely, dont really think Jimbei will join them or anyone we know. But yes, its almost certain that Jimbei will assist the crew to a certain point.

10th memeber should be someone new and interesting. I'd like to see logia user personally

GoldenOrbs
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm voting for Hancock, mainly because the Straw Hats need more females.

Mjelke
Member Avatar
Kage Banshö!
[ *  *  * ]
I dont think therell be another member, least not from this arc. In any case, the top priority should be to get the old crew back, then Luffy can recruit new members. However, if there was a new crewmember pretty soon Id like it if it was marco, joining to to keep an eye on Luffy and helping him in honor of whitebeards belief that he'll go all the way. He may be a tad powerful though but seriously, the strawhats need some damn way, consistant way that is, to fend off/escape from at least one major logia user by now.

I would love it though if Enel came back and joined the crew, he was such a funny guy, plus theyd have maxim. (I know im dreaming)

Shadow Tempo
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Not my first pick for the 10th member, but I could see Perona joining. She's with Zoro currently and will probably meet up with the Straw Hat Crew once they eventually reassemble. She would be another female member, and her powers haven't been fully explored.

vectorsigma
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
the 10th member is robin, right? well at least in luffy's count :p

- luffy
- zorro
- ussop
- merry
- sanji
- nami
- vivi
- carue
- chopper
- robin
- sunny
- franky
- brook
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not all of the ones listed are actually members of the Strawhat Pirates, though.

Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, and Brook makes nine.

zolo
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I put as other. Ever since I first met the logia type, Captain Smoker, I've been a HUGE fan. Ever since the incident where he helped the Strawhats escape from the Marines (When Luffy went to fight crocodile, after escaping the cage), and Luffy told him, "I don't hate you." I've been wishing over and over again that he would join their crew.

I believe/hope that Smoker will join the crew, because he is in the New World, Luffy likes him, he's strong, his coworkers have mentioned that he seemed to relax whenever the Strawhats escape, and because he just plain rocks.

strawrange
Member Avatar
. . .
[ *  *  *  * ]
Smoker is a devoted marine, with his own understanding of justice. He'd never become a pirate. He's made it a goal of his to capture the whole SH crew in the New World. His character resembles Garp in a way if you think about it. So no. It's impossible.

negee
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
strawrange
May 30 2010, 03:01 AM
His character resembles Garp in a way if you think about it. So no. It's impossible.

Yep, definitely! I am sure he will develop to become an admiral or someone very strong in the future.

As for the 10th member, it would be nice if it was merman with logia fruit or without

Itachi Son
Member Avatar
Look into my eyes
[ *  *  * ]
negee
Jun 27 2010, 02:27 PM
strawrange
May 30 2010, 03:01 AM
His character resembles Garp in a way if you think about it. So no. It's impossible.

Yep, definitely! I am sure he will develop to be come an admiral or someone very strong in the future.

As for the 10th member, it would be nice if it was merman with logia fruit or without
Well. If you think about it that is very unlikely. A Merman who can't swim would be kind of ironic. Like a fish who lives on land. That what gives Merman a boost over pretty much all DF users (accept for Aokiji). So it's possible, but very unlickly. Jinbie and Marco are already complete characters so they won't have an true role on the ship plus they are leaps and bounds stronger than Luffy (including Handcock and Croc). They may help him in the New world or help his training, but other than that don't see them joining. Smoker will not join because he is a dedticated Marine, and not to mention Luffy sworn to defeat him. Plus, if you take in consideration the way Smoker dislikes pirates I don't think he will join (I already know he let Luffy join, but he also sworn to capture him). Coby I don't really belive so because his dream is to become a Marine and why would he ruin it(I know he already is one)? Having Coby join the SHC will go against Oda writting to have someone go against there dream. Oda said in an interview the next person would join would be a past villian. I'm going with........... Perona
Edited by Itachi Son, Jun 29 2010, 01:55 PM.

littlej45
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Considering it's a past villain that just makes Crocodile and Smoker way more likely candidates for a few reasons at least.

One being that most of us had forgotten about Crocodile all together, or at least weren't thinking about him due to his long absence in the story, so a quick comeback and then him joining would be unforeseen and an interesting twist I think, considering he was one of the strongest villains Luffy ever faced.

As for Smoker, he's had a recurring role in the story and he obviously has a fascination with the Strawhat's because he left the island where his jurisdiction mandated him to be just to pursue Luffy, yet it seems unlikely Smoker will join without Tashigi, and I doubt the strawhats will get two members at once.

negee
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Itachi Son
Jun 28 2010, 12:00 PM
Well. If you think about it that is very unlikely. A Merman who can't swim would be kind of ironic.
LOL Yes, you're right. It would be stupid for a merman not to be able to swim

Just came out with a likely candidate for the SH crew. How about Hachi? Any thoughts? He was a past villain and he is a merman. Seems plausible

Edit: Rooting for Kuma for the 10th member!
Edited by negee, Jul 28 2010, 12:04 PM.

Itachi Son
Member Avatar
Look into my eyes
[ *  *  * ]
I'm going with Perona... Kuma is a complete character and is way stronger that the rest of the SHC

negee
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Itachi Son
Sep 18 2010, 10:18 AM
Kuma is a complete character and is way stronger that the rest of the SHC
You're right, he is too powerful. But he is very likely, IMO, and with unpredictable Oda, you never know. Or at least I'm guessing he would help them for sure! But yeah, it would be nice if you turn out to be right. Lets see what happens after the time-skip.

The Second Hokage
Member Avatar
EDO TENSAI BI*CHS
[ *  *  * ]
perona that lil girl that healed zoro i really hope she doesnt join she seems really unimportant im hoping for maybe buggy the clown lol that would b truely haliarious hmm there is so much potiental i would like marco t tho hes just pure ba that guy should get a spin off series

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · One Piece · Next Topic »
Add Reply