Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 6 (22.2%)
9 5 (18.5%)
8 7 (25.9%)
7 4 (14.8%)
6 2 (7.4%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 2 (7.4%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (3.7%)
Total Votes: 27
Shippuuden Episode 178 Airs
Topic Started: Sep 16 2010, 09:51 AM (1,745 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Iruka's flashback concludes. I was hoping for a brief instant that one of the Waterfall kunoichi would have been Fuu, but I don't think that would have worked in the story. Otherwise a good end to a nice little filler arc. Also some nice new bits at the end which fleshed out how Suigetsu got his sword back and Yamato seeing the village for the first time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nice episode, enjoyed watching the sexy jutsu once again, cracks me up to see the reaction. Also enjoyed the reaction Naruto had when it failed against the enemy. Kakashi always makes an episode enjoyable. He sure schooled the enemy on what happens when you battle with the copy ninja.

Glad to see Iruka finally come to understand Naruto and create that bond. Not sure why Shikaku doesnt get more air time. It's a shame, but i guess there's a reason for it.

Animation wasn't too bad and I enjoyed the way the filler came back to the present time. Not sure if i really want to see the filler with Kakashi, I mean we know the story already so why try to bring it back with a spin. Oh well, i guess it's needed for some reason.

7/10

keino-kun
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
9/10. Good animation. The episode flowed nicely, with not too many flashbacks (considering this is a flashback filler). The episodes was not dragged out like other filler episodes in the past. Kakashi's part was good as usual. The cannon content flowed perfectly out of the filler story.
Wasn't the greatest episode I have seen but there was not much wrong with it either, considering it was a filler episode. :)

Jojoushi
Member Avatar
Ai suru chikara wa eien...
[ * ]
For a filler it wasn't too bad at all. Enjoyed Kakashi as always. Actually decided to watch a filler to kill time and I wasn't too dissapointed actually. 8/10 from me :)

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good end to a decent filler arc. Great to see the canon bits in the end filling in some of the gaps but what's up with the next episode. The preview only showed old scenes. Is this going to be clip show or something. Call me in three weeks.

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
Decent enough end. This is how I like my filler arcs- short. According to ANN Kage Summit arc is supposed to start next episode so maybe they'll add a tiny part of it to Kakashi episode in 2 weeks.

Pervy Sennin
Member Avatar
ahh...Hot tub time...
[ *  *  * ]
Great episode. 8/10

animation looked great. why cant we get filler episodes like this?

That Kunai looks familiar.

its ditch day!

yes, we see when Suigetsu got his sword, but not how (like if it was pick up, and Suigetsu had to fight for it.)

Iruka filler is done and now to Kakashi filler?

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I enjoyed this filler arc, nice story. Cool how we found out how naruto wants to become the greatest hokage. Sexy jutsu was funny as usual. I like the Yamato and suigetsu scenes as well at the end. 10/10. kakashi episode should be interesting, even though we know the story already.

Tonton
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Watched it and thought it was very good. I really loved this filler arc and can't wait to see the next episode.
Gave it a 8/10

Lucifer
Member Avatar
D.V.D.A.
[ *  * ]
glad to see kakashi lend iruka a hand because i dont know if he could have handled those brawds.

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
ohh???? so you guys enjoyed the filler huh??? after those pessimistic reactions a couple of weeks ago... lol...

told ya... show some more optimism...lol

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
Be glad you part one lovers of weak shinobi. You're getting your part one fix once again. Hopefully soon we get back to the real deal of powerful village crushing jutsu once more. muwahahaha cough* cough*. Very very lame episode... 10/10.

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked it just because Kakashi was there and did Rikiri (spelling). Yup :lol:

susanoo26
Member Avatar
The 4th's Legacy
[ * ]
Bravo.....great animation, excellent music placement.....good filler. Its amazing how good animation can make even fillers seem good. 8/10

Profame
Member Avatar
Oh and by the way...you won't enjoy this!
[ * ]
Im tired of these fillers...

Hayabusa MMA
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Pretty enjoyable episode 7/10

lazygenius
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I liked it. Just one peeve though: what good is Raikiri if not exclusively for ASSASSINATION?

susanoo26
Member Avatar
The 4th's Legacy
[ * ]
lazygenius
Sep 17 2010, 03:52 AM
I liked it. Just one peeve though: what good is Raikiri if not exclusively for ASSASSINATION?
agreed, I thought the same thing.

James Bailey
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Lv3
[ * ]
Great, bring out the good animators for the fillers. Genius idea.

(Sorry, as a fan of the manga I'm still hurting from the Pain arc)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sabaku_Kyuu
Member Avatar
Out getting lost on the road of life
[ *  *  *  * ]
Episode was good for filler. I was glad that it turned out to be short and sweet, not like some of the filler arcs of past.

SuperChido
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
This episode went better than expected. The second half was where things kicked up.

Btw, not that I want to sound like a total fanboy or anything, but I couldn't help but notice. Remember the scene where Naruto was telling Iruka how he doesn't understand him and his doing all of it just to be noticed? Check around 1:36-ish. It's a flashback from ep 176. Guess who's missing in that picture? This part made me giggle a little.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was interesting to see an entire team consisting of female ninja. Usually we see teams with one female ninja. I actually thought it was unique to see Team Samui consist of two female ninja when they first made their appearance so three (Well actually four if we count the one who was killed during the earlier battle) on one team is even more unique.

Anyway my favorite part of the episode had to be when Kakashi showed up to do battle with them. I liked how he used that Earth style jutsu to protect himself from their fire attack. Although I did think it was weird how he used Raikiri to knock them out. It would have made more sense if he was shown using another one of his lightning element techniques since Raikiri is more of a killing technique.

In the end this was a nice little filler arc. The way it ended and came back to present time was nicely done. I enjoyed how Naruto used the surrounding traps in the area to try to get rid of his pursuers. I also liked the added scene of when Suigetsu went back to get his sword. I always wondered when he went back to retrieve it since I know Team Hawk left it behind after their battle with Killer Bee. Overall this episode gets an 8.

shakoor_h
Member Avatar
Sharingan Master
[ *  * ]
10/10 for having a decent ending and using some part one music. No episode next week :(

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm a bit late.

In all, it was a pretty decent flashback arc.

Seeing as it's set back shortly before the beginning of the series, it really maintained my interest as to how things were during those days.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply