Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 5 (19.2%)
9 2 (7.7%)
8 6 (23.1%)
7 4 (15.4%)
6 3 (11.5%)
5 - Average 1 (3.8%)
4 4 (15.4%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (3.8%)
Total Votes: 26
Shippuuden Episode 179 Airs
Topic Started: Sep 30 2010, 10:24 AM (1,780 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was that the first time we've seen Asuma and Shikaku talking? Sad that it's filler and done way after the fact, but it's nice to see some of those details finally addressed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sayinprince
Member Avatar
EMS???
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nice filler, but i'll be glad when its over.

Pervy Sennin
Member Avatar
ahh...Hot tub time...
[ *  *  * ]
An ok episode. 8/10

part cannon/part filler. liking it.

hey! those bells aren't suppose to be there, all shiny and stuff because in the 6th movie....... Naruto.......... Kakashi......... somehow tenten is involved......... stuff happened..... Why must I use logic. or maybe they're new bells.

New sexy jutsu!

Part 1 and 2 music. still liking it.

Asuma voice sounds refreshing.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ah man this sucks. How much longer are we going to have to suffer through 18 minutes of filler and 2 minutes of canon. Next week looks to be the same in that regard still at least that won't be a straight repeat of an earlier episode. I mean how cheap can you get?
Edited by vick86, Sep 30 2010, 11:26 AM.

Sabaku_Kyuu
Member Avatar
Out getting lost on the road of life
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wasn't expecting much out of this episode and of course we didn't get much. Hopefully the fillers will be over soon, or perhaps they will become better. But, we all know this is a long shot.

shakoor_h
Member Avatar
Sharingan Master
[ *  * ]
It was ok, glad the filler is over though. Damn Danzo is one sly b*****d.

Tonton
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
It was ok, gave it a 7/10. Liked how Kakashi kept on spying and Danzo is just awful.

Chidori Chihori
Member Avatar
Why So Serious?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quite enjoyed the episode.

They last few episodes have shown that people have been watching over Naruto much longer than believed.

Danzo is one crafty fellow.

Yuukimaru
Member Avatar
Be optimistic. All the people you hate are going to eventually die.
[ * ]
Wasn't this supposed to be a 1 hour special or was there just no episode last week?

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just no episode due to the Pokemon premiere special.

Diamonddeath
Member Avatar
Legendary Shinobi
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like these retellings of the story from different perspectives, but I feel like the added filler material may be forcefully retconning established cannon/events. For example, didn't Naruto and Sakura speak together before heading off to the classroom where Sakura was trying to be nice to Naruto? Are we to assume that their talk happened when they met up again after Naruto's fight with Sasuke? They didn't speak in this episode, but perhaps Kakashi forgot about it or something. It was his remembering it, or maybe it was just left out, even though it did happen.

As for the bells being fixed, in the sixth movie, Naruto fixed them.

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
also something i notice didn't Iruka found out about kakashi being team 7 leader and everyone failing his test from 3rd hokage and not that meeting.

Lucifer
Member Avatar
D.V.D.A.
[ *  * ]
atleast we got to see danzou apply for hokage

Diamonddeath
Member Avatar
Legendary Shinobi
[ *  *  *  * ]
Salamanca
Sep 30 2010, 03:57 PM
also something i notice didn't Iruka found out about kakashi being team 7 leader and everyone failing his test from 3rd hokage and not that meeting.
Very true! I guess we can just view these inconsistencies as Kakashi trying to recall the events and not recalling them 100% correctly.
Edited by Diamonddeath, Sep 30 2010, 06:40 PM.

Mercutio
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
For the most part, I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. It was fun to see Sasuke before his dark side, and to see the paranoia of the elders.

Honestly, "Hiruzen, you put the 9-tails kid on the same team as the Uchiha kid? WHAT are you thinking?! You want to give the Uchiha control of the Kyuubi?!" Sheesh... an Uchiha child having that skill... I know Itachi was that kind of kid, but Sasuke? No indication at all.

Snakiest
Member Avatar
Шпион из КГБ
[ *  * ]
It hurts to see the next episode to be so well animated and a filler...

This week's one was ok, I kinda enjoyed it. Especially, the cannon part.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
i loved it! I forgot about the part where Sasuke stood up for Naruto in a round a 'bout way with the parents comments. Great to see that.

Then, all the lineage talk was nice. i especially liked the background story, the new parts, as well as the ones being told from a different perspective. It was funny.

And seeing @ the end when we go back to watching Naruto and Sakura's back side as they walk; it felt like the scene was from band of brothers. They were battle torn, exhausted, in the thick of it all, but moving forward!

I am concerned however about Kakashi taking on Sasuke as he mentioned at the very end. I wonder if he meant a combination of Naruto/Sakura/Kakashi together fighting him as a team.

And the part where Shikaku said to himself "take care of my kid Asuma"; I liked that too. I always liked how Naruto represented different age brackets and generations and how they change, toughen, age, get wise, get cool over time.

Good stuff! Unique way to present things!

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
At this rate, all of part 1 is going to be re-animated alongside the canon material before we even get to the next arc..

Hayabusa MMA
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Decent episode I gave it a 6

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Getting bored of these fillers... although i have to say that i love the part where Naruto ties up Sasuke and ends up having to leave to take a dump. :lol: Anyway cant wait till this is over.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked seeing the meeting that took place where the Jounin were assigned their Genin. I just thought it was cool to see all of the ninja (Kakashi, Kurenai, Asuma and the parents of some of the Rookie 9 ninja) gathered up together. The flashback sequence between Shikaku and Asuma with Shikaku's comments about Asuma watching over Shikamaru following soon after was a nice touch.

The scene with the Third Hokage and the elders was also a good addition. It showed that all along they had their concerns about Naruto being a ninja. Danzou's concern about the Kyuubi possibly being controlled by an Uchiha (Sasuke) makes a lot of sense at this time considering the information we learned from Madara while he was telling the truth about Itachi to Sasuke.

Overall this episode wasn't all that bad. It seems as if Danzou is finally going to get what he wants and will be the next Hokage. I like how Kakashi came very close to getting the title. Oh well it should be fun to see how Danzou handles things as compared to Tsunade. It was interesting to see these events from Kakashi's perspective. Who would have guessed he was watching over his assigned Genin before they even met him? The extra skirmish between Sasuke and Naruto was somewhat enjoyable to watch. I don't know why Naruto tried to use the Sexy Jutsu on Sasuke. He should have known that wouldn't have worked considering Sasuke often ignores his fan girls. In the end this episode gets a 7.

horyo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I'm gonna guess these memoirs are supposed to foreshadow something about Team 7's bond, a subject Kishimoto loved hinting at ever since the beginning of Part 2.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply