Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 4 (23.5%)
9 1 (5.9%)
8 1 (5.9%)
7 0 (0%)
6 1 (5.9%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 1 (5.9%)
3 3 (17.6%)
2 2 (11.8%)
1 - Very Poor 4 (23.5%)
Total Votes: 17
Shippuuden Episode 229 Airs
Topic Started: Sep 22 2011, 10:43 AM (1,377 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Why are the characters so dumb?... WHHYYYYY?... How can they forget summoning usage for a week?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Diamonddeath
Member Avatar
Legendary Shinobi
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked it, but I gave it an 8/10 because of what you said, Shikamaru. I thought the same thing from the very beginning. Technically, they could have even had themselves Reverse Summoned and possibly even gathered materials to create a set of summoning scrolls to bring them back to the village and back to the ship.

horyo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Makes me wonder why there isn't a medical ninja onboard.

What I don't understand is why they're still eating bugs/mushrooms at the end. The pirates obviously sailed through the same strait with an equally-large ship. They should have some other food or provisions for a 2-week trip. The pirates were sent back on a small life-boat, what happened to their large ship??

Mercutio
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
horyo
Sep 22 2011, 02:20 PM
Makes me wonder why there isn't a medical ninja onboard.

What I don't understand is why they're still eating bugs/mushrooms at the end. The pirates obviously sailed through the same strait with an equally-large ship. They should have some other food or provisions for a 2-week trip. The pirates were sent back on a small life-boat, what happened to their large ship??
The pirate ship was clearly sunk by the ninjas without thought as to the provisions onboard, and Naruto and co decided on giving them a fate worse than death by sending them back on a tiny rowboat without any food but the mushroom.

Aoba's words at the beginning were so forboding... the new continent is still miles away, and it will take a long time for them to finally arrive.

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
i'm done with this one piece ripoff. i want real Naruto back, Kishi would be insulted at how Studio Pierrot makes his characters look so dumb.

Lucifer
Member Avatar
D.V.D.A.
[ *  * ]
What a waste of time it was watching this episode.

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
An okay episode. Naruto is made a fool, but he was never a think-first kind of guy. Call me gullible but I would have fallen for that, too.

Did anyone else think Guy was going to eat Naruto when he said "I've been waiting for this!" ?

Guess bugs are better than no food at all, but hey, they needed the protein!

Why didn't they steal the pirates' ship and supplies? They had no food and their own was destroyed.

Next up: Naruto mutinies... against himself? And where did he get that chainsaw?!

3/10

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
The summoning jutsu is was clever but this is just SO DUMB! Like AburameSenpai said, I would be offended if I was Kishimoto and I see how dumb these fillers are.

308ipod
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Well judging from these comments, it looks like this filler was much worse than last weeks episode. I enjoyed last weeks episode but if this one is no good then theres no way i'm watching it. I really hope they lose ratings every week they release a terrible episode, otherwise nothing will change and they'll just keep putting out these really weak fillers

Tonton
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Oh, this episode gets an award! For the worst filler ever.
hinata uzumaki

And where did he get that chainsaw?!

Exactly what I was thinking too.

Tatsumaki
Member Avatar
The Winding Dragon
[ * ]
Stuuuuuuuuuuupid. Good lord. Although I did like how the shrooms affected Yamato. That was a nice touch.

To nitpick, that was a pretty poorly-trained donkey for it to freak out because a bug went up its nose or in its mouth; there wasn't enough time for the whatever-it-was to land and bite, so that kind of reaction isn't exactly understandable—grass and hay pokes all the time and normal equines would just snort it back out. Yeesh. And I'll mention in passing the continent/country . . . mistranslation? Whatever it was, it was an abuse of geographic terms.

If the mushroom was meant to proliferate, why wasn't it planted somewhere? Even mushrooms need something to grow from, and I don't think that foodstuff that's meant to last for two weeks in the hold of a ship would be that open to humidity and therefore shroom spores.

Going without food for two weeks is fine, but I'm pretty sure a human being can only go for four days without any water at all—then they die. I can accept that maybe ninja would be trained to go for a whole week, but not two.

If every ship that goes on this route is under the same conditions, how did the thieves catch up to them without, say, rowing? Or using maybe a motor or engine or something?

Actually, I can kind of see why summoning didn't occur to anyone; summons aren't heavily used, so one simply gets by without them, so it's not the first thing anyone would think of. Gamatatsu almost eating Naruto was vaguely entertaining.

All in all, I was hoping desperately that maybe Naruto and Gai were hallucinating their whole fight, but . . . no such luck. I mean, really, this episode . . . I understand suspending disbelief, but you can't honestly expect me to make it fly.

As for next episode . . . it's an interesting concept, but it looks like it's going to suck anyway. Although I'm kind of wondering why they appear to have particularly unique personalities.

horyo

Silly horyo—that would be the sensible thing to do.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
When did pirates become strictly associated with OP...at all? Nothing unique from that series is present here. If anything, it's plain mediocre pirate fiction in general.

Anyway....yeah. I really cannot comment on this one. -____-

Tatsumaki
Member Avatar
The Winding Dragon
[ * ]
Twilight_Ninja
Sep 23 2011, 12:41 AM
When did pirates become strictly associated with OP...at all? Nothing unique from that series is present here. If anything, it's plain mediocre pirate fiction in general.
Maybe that's why everyone is making the comparison? (<--doesn't watch OP)

On the other hand, what other pirate-related anime is out there that everyone's heard of? Because it doesn't quite have the same impact to compare Naruto seaship-centric filler episodes to Pirates of the Caribbean. Pirates of Dark Water, maybe...?

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
The Mad Perfectionist
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Shippuuden" and "One Piece" should never be spoken in the same breath as far as I'm concerned, but it's important to remember that OP is not only an adapted anime series like Naruto, it's undoubtedly one of the most popular and significant Shounen franchises in all of Japan. It certainly wouldn't be surprising in the least if Pierrot was making a rather half-assed attempt to follow suit and it's only natural these annunciations of the current arc being a pirate knock-off of such commonly follow.

Aoba

Our ocean voyage has just begun.

Posted Image

Mercutio
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Lunacy Divine
Sep 23 2011, 05:11 AM
"Shippuuden" and "One Piece" should never be spoken in the same breath as far as I'm concerned, but it's important to remember that OP is not only an adapted anime series like Naruto, it's undoubtedly one of the most popular and significant Shounen franchises in all of Japan. It certainly wouldn't be surprising in the least if Pierrot was making a rather half-assed attempt to follow suit and it's only natural these annunciations of the current arc being a pirate knock-off of such commonly follow.

Aoba

Our ocean voyage has just begun.

Posted Image
Exactly, LD, exactly.

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
This episode was highly disgusting. Those mushrooms looked stink. Especially when Gai and Naruto were eating them. Highly disappointed with these episodes.

10/10.

jjabw
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Did anyone notice the filler for next week??

"Revenge of the shadow clones"..................................wtf -_-

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Aoba's comment of "Our ocean voyage has just begun." was very disheartening to say the least. It wouldn't be so bad if these filler episodes were good but for the most part they have been below average. I am sure most fans could really relate to Gai's comment and reaction after Aoba said that. In case anyone missed it Gai's comment was "So this means I have to endure more time on the high sea and try to come out of it alive."

This was a lousy episode. Naruto and co should have taken supplies from the ship the pirates used. Or better yet they should have taken the entire pirate ship since their ship was wrecked due to the fight Naruto and Gai had. The way the episode ended was rather disappointing. It didn't look like the pirates were tied up or anything so they should have just jumped out of the rowboat instead of having to endure two weeks without food (Well besides those mushrooms) and water. On one last note I think something other than a bug should have made the donkey Naruto was using freak out.

Episode gets a 3.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

horyo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Ignore the sh!!!y photoshoppping.
Edited by horyo, Sep 24 2011, 04:14 PM.

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
i'm hyped for this next week's episode. "Revenge of the Shadow Clones"

Tatsumaki
Member Avatar
The Winding Dragon
[ * ]
horyo
Sep 24 2011, 04:12 PM
Posted Image

Ignore the sh!!!y photoshoppping.
LAWL. Awesome.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply