Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 20 (50%)
9 6 (15%)
8 5 (12.5%)
7 3 (7.5%)
6 2 (5%)
5 - Average 3 (7.5%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (2.5%)
Total Votes: 40
Chapter 557 Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 28 2011, 08:14 AM (5,737 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jokey Boy wasn't quite the jutsu I hoped it would be. Oh well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aarob
Member Avatar
I'm hokage james b*tch
[ *  * ]
I wonder how he controlled the gold :/ but that was so good this war is the best thing since the anime version of vote

JUTSUMAN
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Really don't know how to put it. It was a chap didn't know gaara had that much left in him that very good of him, ooniki is done for now. I got read this chap again still not clear on how the hokey boi clone works.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was quite disappointed with this chapter. Jokey was a joke of a jutsu. And the entire chapter was a let down. All of the action could have been shrunk down to 4-5 panels IMO, and yet, the fight never came to an end. Now we have to wait another week... :FP:

narutotrainer
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
He controlled the gold dust by mixing it with his sand, much like he can use sand to support a person. I thought it was a fairly good jutsu, I mean, he's taking on two kage plus a shinobi army, so I don't think his jutsu was lackluster, he just had some good opposition. An exploding clone that can reform and explode any number of times is pretty beast, it even outdoes Deidara who is a blast element user. But I still wanted more from this chap as well, and I still want to know who is kabuto's trump card!! Ive been wanting to hear who it is since he first threatened Madara with him/her :(

Mercutio
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Man, combining Jokey Boy with the mirage technique would make the 2nd Mizukage even more terrifying on the battle field. Win!

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Excellent fight from the Nidaime Mizukage and Gaara.

Lot of good can come from elaboration and clever use of tricks. And it didn't even end too soon either.

Liked that Gaara rose up and overcame Nidaime Mizukage without outside intervention. ^__^

Chapter gets a 10.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, the childlike appearance of the clone explains the "Jokey Boy" <-> "Jooki Booi" pun, showing that it was indeed Kishi just being clever with his naming again. The jutsu wasn't what I thought it would be, but it was quite formidable. I like that Gaara thought outside of the box by incorporating the gold in such a manner.

Holywind
Member Avatar
Amused Fox
[ *  *  * ]
I'm surprised that Muu had nothing in his kage arsenal to deal with the situation then again even with a thousand jutsu a ninja can be caught off guard. It's never a dull chapter when humor and science is brought into play. Overall I liked this encounter especially since Gaara and Ooniki succeeded on their own. The panel with Naruto really had me worried.

TehJammah
Member Avatar
Kneel before Karinzo!
[ *  * ]
Strange how both the jutsu and the chapter were both underwhelming and kinda cool at the same time.

oblivion
Member Avatar
OUR RASENGAN WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN
[ *  *  *  * ]
mizukage was creative, if a bit odd. he didnt seem to actually go after gaara/oonoki like raikage did with naruto. raikage was out to kill naruto. mizukage barely did anything... oonoki was a sitting duck and nothing

gaara controlling the gold dust is a bit off-putting but i can live with it.

overall not a bad chapter. it ended up being 1 of the better fights of this arc.

cquence72000
Member Avatar
Mutant: Omega class
[ *  * ]
Hated it. Nah, just kidding. So long Nidaime. Was fun while it lasted. Wonder whats next.

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's a shame. I thought Muu would be my favorite Kage of the bunch, but the Nidaime Mizukage really had me impressed. He ended up having an impressive variety of abilities that left me more impressed than I was with Muu's invisibility and nukes.

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really enjoyed it, this is what naruto has been missing for quite long. Cleverness beats anything, I really liked garaa using his dad gold. It reminded me of how dederai (sp) used garaa's sand to his advantage and hiding a bomb in the sand. The "jokey boy" jutsu was cool, my guess this is the jutsu that possibly took out muu.

Also its cool to see the mitzukage giving up on them stopped helping them and went for the kill without any manipulation from kabuto.

Lucifer
Member Avatar
D.V.D.A.
[ *  * ]
Jokey boy ended up being kind of a joke. way to go gaara.

Zen
Member Avatar
Who indeed?
[ *  *  * ]
I can see Mizukage and Muu killing each other using Jokey Boy and Dust Release. Muu most likely sensed where Mizukage was hiding and "dusted" him while at the same time the Jokey Boy exploding and killing Muu.

Double fatality.

I don't know why some people are putting down the Jokey Boy. A unique way of using his special oil and water that throws off the enemy with its childlike features. If you didn't know what it was or how it work even remotely, you would be killed plain and simple. It was only because of Tsuchikage that everyone managed to survive.

By his attitude, I can surmise that he was not the reason for the reputation of the "Bloody" Mist. He seems to support the whole "the kids are our future" thing.

oblivion
Member Avatar
OUR RASENGAN WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN
[ *  *  *  * ]
somehow i completely missed all this "childlike features" aspect of the jutsu. i get that the clone body had some distorted features that kinda looked off but i definitely didnt see a child anywhere in there... had this not been called jokey boy, i feel like there would be a lot less complaining...

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Zen

By his attitude, I can surmise that he was not the reason for the reputation of the "Bloody" Mist. He seems to support the whole "the kids are our future" thing.
I believe that it was more or less implicated that Madara was responsible for all of that, since he manipulated Yagura with his genjutsu.

Ren-san
Genin
[ *  * ]
I gave this chapter a 6/10.

This was one of the more informative chapters in Naruto. I liked the way Gaara was able to slow down the opponent by using some of the Gold Dust that he got from battling his father earlier on. Gaara proved that he wasn't elected to be kazekage or commander of the alliance army for no reason at all.

"Mohrpheus"

I believe that it was more or less implicated that Madara was responsible for all of that, since he manipulated Yagura with his genjutsu.

I could see both of them being the reason for the nickname Bloody Mist.
Edited by Ren-san, Sep 28 2011, 11:41 AM.

Zen
Member Avatar
Who indeed?
[ *  *  * ]
Mohrpheus
Sep 28 2011, 11:34 AM
Zen

Yeah I believe so too, just wanted to enforce that theory.

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
Intelligent fight. Mizukage is a beast.

Liked this chapter.

Kurasu
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
BadKent
Sep 28 2011, 08:36 AM
I was quite disappointed with this chapter. Jokey was a joke of a jutsu. And the entire chapter was a let down. All of the action could have been shrunk down to 4-5 panels IMO, and yet, the fight never came to an end. Now we have to wait another week... :FP:
I don't understand how you view the Jooki Boi jutsu as a joke. It is very powerful, but, as Itachi said a few chapters back, every jutsu has a weakness. It's weakness being that if you have a way of removing heat from the clone/slow it down, it will lose it's ability to endlessly explode and reform. Gaara does this with the Gold Dust, and I believe a member of the Yuki clan, like Haku, could use their Ice Release to stop it. But that is a very small number of people with the ability to do that. Combine it with the Clam Summon's Mirage ability, and most won't beat the Nidaime Mizukage.

We know of 2 battles that the Nidaime Mizukage has been in, the one that is about finished here and the one with him against Muu where they killed each other. In the battle with Muu, Muu is a top level sensor, and probably found him and dusted him, but was taken out by the Jooki Boi because he had no way of stopping that technique. Gaara, on the other hand, had the way to beat the technique, and once that was done, he could beat the Mizukage.
Edited by Kurasu, Sep 28 2011, 12:55 PM.

Just_Gabe
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Decent chapter, the whole jutsu mechanics was...a bit overdone, but still one of the most interesting and original jutsu I've seen in the series.

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think it's awesome that Gaara gets this much fighting time. It's sad that we didn't get all of our favourite rookies at the front line at some points. Mizukage was great. 10/10.

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
and the whole time i was reading the chapter i felt like i was in a science class or something..this chapter turned out to be a major disappointment.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply