Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 5 (33.3%)
9 1 (6.7%)
8 1 (6.7%)
7 3 (20%)
6 1 (6.7%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 4 (26.7%)
Total Votes: 15
Shippuuden Episode 230 Airs
Topic Started: Sep 30 2011, 06:34 AM (1,402 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
The filler continues with this chilling tale.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
overall, i liked this episode. not great, but not bad. average. it was enjoyable watching it.

couldn't naruto just use the nine-tails to disturb his chakra and wouldn't the clones just disappear? like during his fight with pain in the six-tails mode.

i lol'd at guy in this episode. He always knows how to make an episode/chapter funny.

all this time, those clones sounded smarter than the real naruto. but it's filler so whatever.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was actually a normal episode minus Gai's behaviour at times. I really find they over do it.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I must say i rather enjoyed this episode. Guy as always, had me ballin. It's funny, but this episode hit reality to some point.

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
I kinda liked it too. Naruto's clones were smarter & more strategic than him.

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The ending... no, the whole thing felt like a Shyamalan movie. Except with the twist at the end making the episode better, not worse. Realizing it was all a clone's dream that got mixed with the original's reality made me think about whether or not this reality we're in now is just a dream, like in the Matrix or, perhaps more accurately, Total Recall. Naruto's "what just happened" expression made for an excellent finish. 10/10 for entertainment and making me think, in my experience you don't really get that from anime.

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
im kinda confused about the ending though, was it all a dream?

Tatsumaki
Member Avatar
The Winding Dragon
[ * ]
Great episode, especially compared to the last few weeks' swill. It touches on something I've considered before—if shadow clones could or would display individuality if the circumstances were right—although my view diverges from that point, since the circumstances in the episode weren't nearly the ones I had in mind. Though it's certainly possible, I don't think they'd care to go to the extent they did in the dream (although it being a dream is arguably part of the point). But surely, if anybody's clones would go to that kind of trouble, it would be Naruto's.

Gai's insanity was probably my favorite part, however stupid and pointless his sequence was; the briefs didn't do much for me, but who knew he looked so good with his hair slicked back? (The unnecessarily dramatic music helped a lot, too, I think.)

AburameSenpai

im kinda confused about the ending though, was it all a dream?
Spoiler: click to toggle
Or something like that. Dreams of any kind are open to interpretation.
Edited by Tatsumaki, Sep 30 2011, 05:14 PM.

horyo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can honestly say that was one of the best fillers I've seen. It had the perfect mixture of random, (self-deprecating on the series or otherwise) humor, and psychological thriller. I was pretty sure it was a dream and even that revelation didn't make the episode any less appealing.

Other than small little "can't do a rasengan without clones/always relying on his clones" meta-joke, the episode also poked fun at real life identity issues, blending it in with labor unions and strikes. It touched on a clone's perspective and individuality, which is a little...discontinuous as all of the clones are technically Naruto, and their purposes are to serve ensure the successful completion of whatever for the main Naruto.

Also, there was an eerie feel in this episode that you don't find in very many. This episode chilled me more than any of the ghost ones - and I loved it.

The suggestive scenes and imagery with Gai was pretty funny too.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked the labor union concept they had going when the clones went on strike. Naruto treating them as lesser than he is just because they are clones really touched upon discrimination as well. It was interesting to see each clone have its own individual personality. I never stopped to think about that before. I especially enjoyed the jab the clones took at Naruto for not being able to do Rasengan without them. It's like Naruto was confronted by some of his harsher critics.

This episode was better than I thought it was going to be. Last week when I saw the preview for this episode I wasn't really looking forward to watching it. I am glad that it turned out to be a good watch. It seemed rather apparent from the beginning that this was all a dream but that didn't take away from the episode. I thought Gai supplied some nice comedic relief all throughout. The slicked back hair he was sporting wasn't too shabby. I got a kick out of seeing Aoba dressed up in a seagull costume. He really looked ridiculous with that on.

Episode gets a 7.

UltimateSage
Member Avatar
Perfect Sage
[ * ]
i give it a 7. I was suprized Naruto did Tajuu Kage bushin not knowing that they would all turn on him.

shakoor_h
Member Avatar
Sharingan Master
[ *  * ]
This was such a dumb episode, anything that ends with "It was all a dream sucks", and if it wasn't a dream, it ruins the whole idea of Shadow Clone jutsu. So stupid.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply