Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 16 (33.3%)
9 4 (8.3%)
8 7 (14.6%)
7 7 (14.6%)
6 3 (6.3%)
5 - Average 5 (10.4%)
4 4 (8.3%)
3 1 (2.1%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (2.1%)
Total Votes: 48
Chapter 558 Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 4 2011, 11:35 AM (8,308 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
You won't believe your eyes when you see Kabuto's trump card!*

* Kabuto's trump card not seen in this chapter.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kakashi_ms
Mr. Awesome
[ * ]
I CANT FIND THE MANGA ANYWHERE HELP :(

FictionReader98
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Seeing that Muu is still around and not defeated was the best part of this chapter. This is why you listen to the guys when they are trying to spill their secrets.

As with other chapter titles, such as 548 of 'Naruto vs Itachi', this chapter title was very misleading since it not only didn't focus that much on Kabuto or his trump card, we still didn't get to see what it is.

Rest of the chapter was pretty much "Naruto is awesome as he saves us all and makes the rest of the Alliance completely useless". Again.

At least we finally get another update on the remaining battlefields... not that they're doing anything. You'd think the White Zetsu horde would force another attack so the Ninja just can't sit around, add further chaos and confusion to the situation and allow the imposters to keep on backstabbing while Alliance is in the midst of battle. There are 50,000 of them left to the Alliance's 40,000. They can't all be impersonating.

Gave the chapter 4. Repetitive, drawn out and all around dull.
Edited by FictionReader98, Oct 4 2011, 12:20 PM.

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
白蛇
[ *  *  *  * ]
I assumed it wasn't possible at this point, but Naruto continues to find more ways in coercing me to despise every ounce of his being; LOOK AT ME GAIS I'M OMNIPOTENT AND OMNIPRESENT!!!! Not surprising. Muu made up for it, but only barely. Him being taken down so simply and easily would've been entirely too preposterous.

All in all, an incredibly mediocre chapter. It's sad to see the alliance's role and overall potential repeatedly overshadowed by SuperNaruto Saving the Day™.

Plot Hole no Jutsu
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Remember chapter 554 lightning armor vs. FFRS discusion? Well first page of this chapter - here goes the argument ET body is soooo fast regenerating. (Yes, I know Raikages body is special, but is that special to survive FFRS hit? Or was it lightning armour which protected it? Lightning? Vs. wind technique? Really?) Raikage vs. Naruto fight is getting more and more plotholes.

Rest of the chapter...not much happend. Kabuto's trump card was sooo amazing it blinded me so I didn't see it. Naruto saved the day...still rampaging around with multiple shadow clones in KB mode (Of course he can, he can do everything despite what was said earlier in the manga.). I'm much of a Sasuke hater, but I'm starting to miss him - it's the only character emiting common sense around. Page 16 lowest panel kinda reminds me about destruction of first Pains body by sage mode Naruto. 5/10 is more than enough.
Edited by Plot Hole no Jutsu, Oct 4 2011, 12:48 PM.

Zen
Member Avatar
Who indeed?
[ *  *  * ]
Shikamaru
Oct 4 2011, 11:35 AM
You won't believe your eyes when you see Kabuto's trump card!*

* Kabuto's trump card not seen in this chapter.
That's why I love you lol.

It's must something big for Kabuto to focus all of his attention to summon though.

James Bailey
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Lv3
[ * ]
Particularly nice artwork though!

Hayabusa MMA
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The color pages were nice but the rest of chapter itself was not that great. 5/10

Mizugameza
Member Avatar
Peace & Love
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Plot Hole no Jutsu, it has already been established that it was a variety of factors combined of which the most potent was the Raikage's body itself. It retained the impregnability it was famous for when Raikage was alive. Coupled with the FRS burning most of its energy breaking through the armor, hitting Raikage's body with a weakened FRS was never going to do solid damage. Muu had zero defense but had a way out.
------------------------

Muu's return for me outweighs the irritation of everyone else being reduced to headless chickens without Naruto's guidance. His air of effortless superiority makes him one of my favorite Kage besides Nidai Mizukage . I'm glad he was another who could prevent his defeat even against the almighty Naruto.

I'll give this a 4 for the beginning, and a 4 for the end. 8/10 for Muu.

Tonton
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
The chapter was not very good this week. Not once did we see Kabuto's planned trump card. Instead it's pages full of super saiyan Naruto saving the day, again. I'm kinda getting to the point that I'm not interested in the Naruto fandom. The only good that came out of this chapter was Muu's reappearance. Hopefully we'll get to see more awesome fighting from Muu. 4/10

Holywind
Member Avatar
Amused Fox
[ *  *  * ]
I'm really hoping that we see more from Muu other than just summoning although that line about him being half as strong potentially spells out his own anti-climatic downfall. I'm glad that Dan is still alive and hope that somehow he wreaks havoc if only for a second. I really had my hopes up that the other rookies could handle themselves against the clones. I can't imagine what most of the alliance will be doing once Naruto starts facing major big-bads if most of the zetsus and ET are dealt with. Kabuto's trump card better be worth the hype and wait and finally tip the scales.

Public_Enemy
Member Avatar
..shounen..
[ *  *  * ]
its jiraiya. if Kabuto can dig up DNA from kages, decades ago, then digging up a sunkin body wont be that hard. Naruto still has this whole, new generation surpassing that past thing to conquer.
Edited by Public_Enemy, Oct 4 2011, 02:09 PM.

MrPhenomonal
Member Avatar
Rawr
[ *  *  *  * ]
Public_Enemy
Oct 4 2011, 02:09 PM
its jiraiya. if Kabuto can dig up DNA from kages, decades ago, then digging up a sunkin body wont be that hard. Naruto still has this whole, new generation surpassing that past thing to conquer.
Its already been established by everyone, including Kabuto, it can't be Jiraiya. Unless he built a submarine the pressure would collapse his lungs going in that deep.

Diamonddeath
Member Avatar
Legendary Shinobi
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow, what a cliffhanger!

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
It's nice to see Naruto reuniting with the Konoha 11, but this chapter left me a bit confused. What happened to Chouji and etc. fighting the denomic statue? I maybe missing some chapters though. =/

Mediocre chapter, but at least more interesting than the last 2 chapters. 8/10
Edited by BHM1250, Oct 4 2011, 02:39 PM.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
awesome chapter, I was wondering when we would see the clones, been a while since Naruto made them. Muu caught me by surprise, glad he is still around. both he and mizukage are pretty tricky to seal. I hope they get back to kakashi and the 7 swordsman soon, and some more kimimaro those are the best fights left. Don't forget you guys, Naruto is the key to winning this war so if your annoyed with him that's your problem. he is the only one that can sense the zetsu clones. The only part I'm confused is, is with hinata being attacked at the end. I know the first one was a clone, but why are the allied shinobi attacking hinata when naruto comes in and blocks the attack. maybe they just think she is a zetsu? I can't wait for this next chapter, what a cliffhanger I'm really looking forward to the summoning. 8/10
Edited by narutofan85, Oct 5 2011, 02:51 PM.

jesus987
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
kyuubi Naruto is making Pain the "god" look like a chump. The dude seems to be omnipotent and omnipresent on the battlefield! whats the point of an alliance? migh as well just send naruto and win the war. I can only hope Madara or Sasuke beat him down.

Lucifer
Member Avatar
D.V.D.A.
[ *  * ]
pretty average chapter, I thought we might see more.

MrPhenomonal
Member Avatar
Rawr
[ *  *  *  * ]
jesus987
Oct 4 2011, 03:11 PM
kyuubi Naruto is making Pain the "god" look like a chump. The dude seems to be omnipotent and omnipresent on the battlefield!
Why? Don't tell me it's simply because he has the ability to sense the Zetsu Clones and the only one who can find them. Shikaku himself stated they needed Naruto in the war since they couldn't even tell who was their own ally.

I swear I'm starting to think you guys are just saying stuff because it's the "cool" thing to do. -_-

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nice chapter, with all that was going on i lost track and sadly realized the chapter was over. Damn!

jesus987
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Axel Minamoto
Oct 4 2011, 03:30 PM
jesus987
Oct 4 2011, 03:11 PM
kyuubi Naruto is making Pain the "god" look like a chump. The dude seems to be omnipotent and omnipresent on the battlefield!
Why? Don't tell me it's simply because he has the ability to sense the Zetsu Clones and the only one who can find them. Shikaku himself stated they needed Naruto in the war since they couldn't even tell who was their own ally.

I swear I'm starting to think you guys are just saying stuff because it's the "cool" thing to do. -_-
To me hes omnipotent in the way that he seems to have endless chakra. He SEEMS to be the only individual capable of not only dealinng with the zetsu but with the re-animated ninja as well. Both Gaara and Oonoki would have fallen vs Muu had it not been for his intervention. the alliance itself would have lost had it not been for his intervention.

His kyuubi chakra form keeps him a powerful shield ala sandaime raikage style, makes him a long distance fighter, makes him THE FASTEST NINJA ON THE PLANET, gives him insane amount of chakra added to his already insane amount of chakra he possesses makes him probably the BEST SENSOR NINJA ON THE PLANET AS WELL..the dude isnt in kyuubi. Kyuubi mode was during the bridge battle or even againts Pain. Hes in god mode now period.

Even Sasuke, using his MS could barely hold his own againts the 5 kages and would have lost both agains A and againts Mei had it not been for outside interference, even in his fight againts Danzou, Sasuke BARELY WON.
and even with his new FOUND GOD MODE, i'm still to a degree okay with it, but Naruto using the mass shadow clone jutsu to be seemingly everwhere on the map at once further adds on to my argument. <_<
Edited by jesus987, Oct 4 2011, 03:43 PM.

Mizugameza
Member Avatar
Peace & Love
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've realized...since Naruto has cloned himself his power as been split among them. This implies his victories so far have been with a handicap and that he his in fact far stronger....that saddens me.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
In this case, I do think the word 'omnipotency' is being used incorrectly.

Yeah, he lent a hand. Big deal. The Alliance were still doing decently beforehand, considering they can't sense Zetsu.

And this says very little about future chapters, all things considered.

Anyway, a decent chapter, though the title was incredibly misleading.

I give it a 7 overall.

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
When does Naruto learn to fly? Ha. Liked this chapter because of the cliff hanger. Muu better summon one helluva person to come and play.

TheBigMoose
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Twilight_Ninja
Oct 4 2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah, he lent a hand. Big deal. The Alliance were still doing decently beforehand, considering they can't sense Zetsu.
It is a big deal. He is not just lending a helping hand. He has to hold their hand. Without him they would lose. If anything by how this chapter went its them giving HIM a hand. he tells them where a few of the clones are as he takes care of the rest.

I don't blame the Alliance, Naruto, or even Zetsu. I blame the author who wrote the $h177y Zetsu plot line that is only used to make Naruto look like some super hero saving the day.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply