Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this episode?
10 - Excellent 4 (26.7%)
9 1 (6.7%)
8 2 (13.3%)
7 1 (6.7%)
6 3 (20%)
5 - Average 2 (13.3%)
4 0 (0%)
3 1 (6.7%)
2 1 (6.7%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 15
Shippuuden Episode 231 Airs
Topic Started: Oct 6 2011, 07:46 AM (1,614 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
From the shape of the island I was hoping for a second there that we finally had a location for the Moon Country.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
May or may not comment on the episode later. [haven't been lately]

I'm not overly fond of the latest OP, but I like the ED.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not sure what to think about it. Shikamaru's analysis of the situation didn't seem to bring him closer to finding the answer. At least it didn't show that way IMO.

As far as him seeing Naruto to clear his doubts...well aside from Naruto telling him that he's the one to delegate and not the one to do, well I'm sure his dad could have saved him the trip. :FP:

Diamonddeath
Member Avatar
Legendary Shinobi
[ *  *  *  * ]
How exactly did Shikamaru and Tenten get to their ship so fast? Did they leave around the same time? In the preview for the next episode, Shikamaru and Tenten seem to be back in Hidden Leaf. So, were they able to get there quickly, or does the next episode take place weeks later?

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
I thought the new OP was funny, and the ED is good

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have to say that was one of the craziest openings I have seen, didn't care much for it. they made everyone look like a bunch of idiots, even madara and the edo tensei's, how do you even do that? I enjoyed the ending much more. As for the episode thought it was pretty solid, and a nice change of pace seeing shikamaru and tenten. hopefully nightmare's info is true, and we'll only have about another month left of these fillers. can't wait for the next arc. As for the episode, I'll give it a 7/10

Tatsumaki
Member Avatar
The Winding Dragon
[ * ]
Not sure what to think about the new opening, although the new ending had lots of interesting bits. Not sure about the new form of scene change they were trying out, either. Not a bad filler, I guess—not like the mushroom one, anyway—but still didn't see much point to it.

BadKent

As far as him seeing Naruto to clear his doubts...well aside from Naruto telling him that he's the one to delegate and not the one to do, well I'm sure his dad could have saved him the trip.
Yes, but I'll say two things to that. One is that parents are generally expected to encourage their children, and even if Shikaku's not the type to dole out meaningless flattery it's still something Shikamaru might not be reassured by; Shikamaru doesn't have enough practical experience to see things objectively yet—right now he's focused on what he knows is his inexperience and his previous failures, not his successes. Second, rather than providing answers freely you encourage genius to grow faster and better by instructing it to teach itself, which was what Shikaku did. So I can see how this episode came together.

Shikamaru

From the shape of the island I was hoping for a second there that we finally had a location for the Moon Country.
That would have been convenient, now that you make me think of it; my first thought was that it was very unimaginative.

Diamonddeath

How exactly did Shikamaru and Tenten get to their ship so fast? ... So, were they able to get there quickly, or does the next episode take place weeks later?
It's the result of magical filler dust, where space-time is compressed so that a journey such as this appears to take five times longer than necessary.
Edited by Tatsumaki, Oct 6 2011, 07:03 PM.

horyo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Liked the new opening. It reminded me of Rock Lee's dream in fighting Madara.

Also, this episode could be summed up (after Naruto, Gai, and Yamato were exhausted)

"I'm the only one left...!!"

A few minutes later. "Oh, hey Tenten, I could use your skills lol!"

Diamonddeath

How exactly did Shikamaru and Tenten get to their ship so fast?
Haven't you seen the opening? They can fly over water now.
Edited by horyo, Oct 7 2011, 01:09 AM.

Uzumaki ChamaL
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
stupid episode..
so many mistakes...

The Tsuchikage
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
That is the most bizarre opening sequence EVER!

Tonton
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
I liked the new Opening and Ending songs. The Ending animation I liked, but the Opening animation was just.....strange.

CoolRal
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
funny OP... lol @raikage running... correct me if im wrong but this maybe the 1st shippuuden OP without Sasuke wow... cant remember if Hero's Comeback had him or not

DarkRyan75
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I may not watch the anime, but I did check out the opening. It reminds me of the works of Masaaki Yuasa. And I LOVE Yuasa (series and things like Kaiba, Kemonozume, Tatami Galaxy, Cat Soup, Mind Game...).

Now I want to see what would happen if Yuasa actually worked on the show. Even if he made fillers. As a matter of fact, he should make all the fillers. I would actually watch it then.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
When it comes to the new opening I thought the song was decent. The animation I wasn't a big fan of. In my opinion it was way too carefree and silly. I guess they forgot a war is on the horizon. The characters flying over the water like that made me think of Dragon Ball Z, not Naruto. As for the new ending I liked the song they used. The animation gave a good showing of the Naruto and Sasuke rivalry, although that has kind of been done to death. My favorite part was the shot of Minato and Kushina.

The episode itself was ok. The ship going around in circles thus going through the same traps over and over again got tiresome real quickly. Shikamaru's intellect and TenTen's abilities coming in handy were the two things that made this worthwhile. I can see why Shikaku sent Shikamaru on this mission but the answer he found was something he probably should have already known.

Episode gets a 6.

Mercutio
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
While somewhat interesting, in that it was cool to see Tenten storing an entire ship, the constantly reused animation felt bland by the second time.

kuyanatnat
Member Avatar
Scouting Legion-Recon Corps Captain
[ * ]
Im very sad,
i could be watching i could be watching * and stuff but this filler is still on. i only downloaded the filler to see what was on the next ep and it appears to be filler which made me even more sad
Edited by Sardaukar, Oct 9 2011, 01:14 PM.

UltimateSage
Member Avatar
Perfect Sage
[ * ]
this gets an 8 due to the theme song. It was hilarious. I know many people havent seen it so here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHn1x4PsGKs&feature=watch_response

jjabw
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Lmao @ op

TehJammah
Member Avatar
Kneel before Karinzo!
[ *  * ]
The opening and ending seem to be the wrong way round.

Mercutio
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Bee's stanky leg = Win. XD

The music seemed a little off with the tomfoolery in the op.

10/10 For the opening. :3
Edited by Mercutio, Oct 11 2011, 09:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply