Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 18 (60%)
9 4 (13.3%)
8 6 (20%)
7 1 (3.3%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 1 (3.3%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 30
Shippuuden Episode 246 Airs
Topic Started: Jan 26 2012, 09:46 AM (1,666 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really like these particular chapters in the manga, so it's nice to see them represented well in the anime.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Uzumaki ChamaL
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
1st fan comment..
Hoooorayyyy...!

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
Amazing chapter! One of my favorite arcs. It's finally good to see it animated.

My only complaint is that they could've used a better background music for the reunion of Naruto and Kushina that lead to the all important hug. A more touching and emotional BGM would've sufficed. The one that they used was a bit bland and didn't really capture the moment. Otherwise, excellent episode. Kushina is a great character and pretty bad ass considering she beat up a gennin while still being an academy student

I'm very much looking forward to the next few episodes

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I very much enjoyed this episode. It was well animated. I enjoyed every minute of it, the story was moving and Naruto's reactions touched the right emotions. Although I enjoy action more, this part of the arc is one of my favorites. The story of how they met, how birth was give and the outcome was top notch. I wish they would make this part of the arc a 2 hour episode so we didn't have to wait another week for the rest.

kingofthepirates
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
lol enjoyable really great loved it cant wait would of really loved it to show all this as a two or one hour episode but its just the way it is i still love it cant wait for the rest of it to be animated

Sabaku_Kyuu
Member Avatar
Out getting lost on the road of life
[ *  *  *  * ]
This was one of the chapters that I was looking forward to the most to be animated from the manga. I thought it was done nicely. Finally we get to see Naruto's reactions to meeting Kushina for the first time. They nailed the reactions from Naruto and Kushina's perspectives.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
great episode, really felt naruto's emotions on meeting kushina. I liked kushina's backstory and the filler that was added as well I thought it added to more to the original story, cool seeing her take out those kids. Also really liked the way minato came in and saved her. damn hidden cloud village, always up to no good it seems like. can't wait for these next 3 episodes a lot of huge revelations and one of my favorite parts in all the manga, been waiting a long time for this one. this episode gets a 10/10 from me

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
i know this entire episode, and part of this arc is about naruto, but has Kiba's father even been mentioned once at all in this entire series!?! i only vaguely remember him being mentioned in only like 1 or 2 sentences at all and maybe not even that.

sounddrops
Member Avatar
As I correctly predicted weeks ago...
[ *  * ]
that's what makes him such a special friend, cuz he came to mind at such a moment.

but wow this I think really puts my head back in order here, this was exactly what we needed.

Great all the way around, and seeing the previous generations was amazing. top tier here.! !

majestiic
Member Avatar
she-nobi
[ * ]
Kushina's personality was spot on. Loved the animation. Even the little things, like Naruto rocking back and forth in excitement over his mother's story. I was so happy for him, and I haven't felt that about anything I've watched in a really long time.

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
during this time minato is already showing signs of his sick agility.... :)

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Very good episode and the animation was quite nice too.

10/10

Tatsumaki
Member Avatar
The Winding Dragon
[ * ]
As majestiic said, the little things really added to the episode. Not just the rocking, but the animation of Naruto's recoil after Kushina punched him was smooth, his delayed reaction to Kushina's declaration of love was touching. 'Bittersweet' might be better, seeing as this is likely the first time he's heard someone say that since Hinata (although it's technically two different kinds of love, so one could say he's possibly never had it said to him before). Also, the whole sequence with the chakra chains definitely gave the impression of strength. Even his expression right after the if-my-hair-were-red scene was exactly right.

Speaking of which, a Naruto with straight red hair . . . :huh:

Enjoyed seeing Kushina a lot, although her voice seemed a little . . . light? feminine? demure? . . . compared to what I was expecting; she sounded like she was half Naruto's age (it was like that in episode 128, too, now that I think about it, although not quite as high). Her laugh wasn't the witch's cackle I'd hoped for, either. Oh well. Whenever her voice firmed up it sounded perfect, so I guess it's just that Japanese (Asian?) thing where women speak with a high voice to sound cute/young/respectful/whatever.[/cultural ignoramus] Loved her first beatdown—that's what it means to use your available resources. I found the scene with the genin to be particularly poignant.

I love Minato, but he has always struck me as being kind of a doof as a kid. This episode did not help that (not that I care either way, really). On the other hand, the extra bits where he kicked butt were awesome. Odd that the tip of the leaf on his hitai-ate isn't connected to the rest, but I assume that's an art error (it looks like one). I wish I knew the rank(s) of those involved in the kidnapping sequence; it seems safe to assume that Minato's not a genin, although Kushina might be (both look slightly older in the manga), and presumably Kumo wouldn't send anything less than jounin for an infiltration and kidnapping assignment . . .

Animated volume 53 cover FTW. Didn't expect it, loved seeing it.

Totally looking forward to the next episode.

shakoor_h
Member Avatar
Sharingan Master
[ *  * ]
Something about this entire arc so far seems odd, the content is good, but everything seems a little too bright in colour. I don't know if it's just me. Also, if Kushina has "special chakra" does that mean Naruto has a Bloodline Limit?

hinata uzumaki
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
^ It seems bright to me, too... And it certainly does seem like the "special chakra" implies an Uzumaki kekkei genkai, doesn't it? ;)

Anyway, great episode. Loved seeing Naruto and Kushina being playful, and the filler fleshing out Kushina's backstory and personality. This is actually the best-animated and best-paced anime arc in Shippuden, IMO. Hopefully they keep this up! (knock on wood)

10/10
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
This week's episode was just awesome....and very heartwarming. :)

I did always think it amusing when Naruto picked up the Nine Tails by the tail and slam him. XD

He found himself in quite a hot spot when the fox started to corrupt him with his chakra....but Kushina Uzumaki saves the day as she not only stops Naruto from completely transforming, but she also restrains the fox using her special chakra chains.

It was funny when Naruto accused Kushina of being the Nine Tails in its true form and Kushina's 'angry faced' retaliation. :lol:

And then the first heartwarming moment comes when Naruto realizes Kushina is his mom and he gives her a great big hug.

They have a conversation together and catch up, where it goes to the point that Naruto asks her that one question. How did mom fall in love with dad? [a fairly common question]

Kushina tells the story and Pierrot gave some extra flesh to it, which was very nice.

We see how Kushina and Minato got their first impressions at the academy and how Kushina would pound those who made fun of her hair. Though she handled it much differently, her being bullied for a physical feature reminds me of Sakura.

One of the extra scenes has her getting beat by a genin whose brother is one of the academy bullies....which leads to a somewhat tearful moment where Kushina goes into tears while declaring she hates her hair too before going berserker on the Genin. Beating him up, despite that she's still an academy student....which prompts him to say she, an outsider, could never become Hokage before storming off. lol

Right afterwards, she notices Minato watching the exchange...for which she assumes the worst. That he didn't help her due to being an 'outsider' from another village and runs off.

And then when she herself is a Genin [I can't tell if Minato and her are supposed to be Genin or Chuunin at this point of the flashback], she gets snatched by Kumogakure Shinobi and subtly leaves a trail composed of her hair.

I did like actually getting to see Minato beat the Kumo Ninja rather than just cut straight to the post-rescue like the manga did. Guy was just a kid [or a younger teen] and he took out two without them even knowing what hit 'em. lol

I also liked the extension of Minato and Kushina's dialogue where he's holding her bridal style, such as the real reason he stood back beforehand. While it was still the most important part of it, I'm glad it was a full meaningful conversation as opposed to Minato just complimenting her hair. It really fleshed out the scene.

Naruto was so attentive throughout...though one can't really blame him. He knew next to nothing about his parents before, so it's only natural he'd want to hear it.

So to answer the Yellow Flash [Minato] and the Red Hot Habanero [Kushina], Naruto comes up with his own nickname. The Orange Hokage. [notably, the color orange is actually between red and yellow]

And then they look off as there is just one more thing to do.

A very good episode. Began with fighting to control the Kyuubi's chakra, proceeded into a mother/son reunion with a flashback that had filler material that adds to Kushina's backstory and personality and further emphasizes the start of love between her and Minato.

Next week, we go into another flashback that has something far more sinister up its sleeve.

kingofthepirates
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
lol i really just enjoyed reading your overview of this episode twilight lol it perfectly describe everything wonderful about this episode

susanoo26
Member Avatar
The 4th's Legacy
[ * ]
they brought the A team out for this episode. Amazing what wonderful animation can do for an episode

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is actually one of the highest points in the manga history.

I liked it. Kushina, my second best kunoichi after Tenten.... sigh 10/10.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
hey just to let you guys know, their are early previews of 248-249. I got to say it looks simply amazing. I won't put the link since their are spoilers to anime only viewers, but if your interested check it out. these upcoming episodes are some of the best in the series

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
8/10 This was nice and all, but I brather see Naruto fight his own Kyuubi instead of more flashbacks.

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
i can't imagine Naruto without that yellow hair of his. it would just be weird if he had Kushina's hair.

Mangekyou Sharingan
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
This episode had excellent usage of filler material. I liked the scenes with Kushina fighting with the Genin brother of one of the bullies from the academy. It showed just how tough of a time she really had it as an outsider. I give Kushina credit for being able to get the better of a Genin while she was just an academy student. It just goes to show you that Minato was right when he said he saw that she was strong.

With that said I also really enjoyed actually seeing Minato save Kushina from those Hidden Cloud ninja. It beat just skipping to the end. The additional dialogue between the two of them was nice because Minato got to explain why he didn't help her with that Genin. I believe this gave more of a reason as to why Kushina fell in love with him. On one last note the Hidden Cloud sure likes to be involved in kidnappings. First Hinata and now Kushina.

This was a top notch episode. Naruto meeting his mother was a big moment in the manga and I think the animators handled it great. I was looking forward to seeing this animated and I am happy it didn't disappoint. Everything from the animation to the music was spot on. I got a kick out of Naruto grabbing the Kyuubi by the tail and tossing him. In my opinion the Kyuubi is really tough to be able to take the Rasen Shuriken dead on like that.

Episode gets a 10.

yebohang
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The drought is over.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply