Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 20 (29.4%)
9 7 (10.3%)
8 15 (22.1%)
7 12 (17.6%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 5 (7.4%)
4 2 (2.9%)
3 3 (4.4%)
2 2 (2.9%)
1 - Very Poor 2 (2.9%)
Total Votes: 68
Chapter 573 Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 8 2012, 12:20 AM (7,775 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
SQUEEEE! SAAASSUUUKKEEEE! :wub:

But seriously though, Sasuke please go away. <_<
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hachibi_fan
Haha!!! Now i show you my doujutsu.
[ * ]
What happened to the kickass chapter epicness? damn sasuke go away =)

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great transsisonal chapter, sets up for great fights and possibly the showcase of Sasuke' power that will make people think Naruto is not powerful enough to beat him. Just like when Naruto showcase his power. ;) In a seriousness the best thing about this chapter was Hinata going after Naruto. Y
Edited by Salamanca, Feb 8 2012, 12:29 AM.

iHaveTheEyes
Member Avatar
Smoke Ninja
[ * ]
It seems Nartuo has broken the confidence of the unshakable Tobi at last! For a brief moment at least. I wonder what he was gonna do with his fan. He reaches for it, then stops and talks to himself instead. Interesting...naht.

Leaf village 'rookies' are all sprinting to reach Naruto and help fight, while Sasuke is strollin' along takin' his sweet time probably caught up in how "unstoppably powerful" he's feeling. Either everyone's gonna catch up to Tobi and then we'll finally see what he's made of (figuratively and literally..haha), or Sasuke has something to say about it and decides to go on a killing spree first. Either way I'm excited.

Maximus
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I called it. Tobi was going to see why Naruto is so special.... Well he have a clue but it's not clear, still cloudy.

Cool that Tobi thought he was sweating over Naruto, classic touch kishimoto.

Quote:

But seriously though, Sasuke please go away.
I agree, Sasuke have been forgotten since Madara was summon. And if he do actually "kill" someone, Naruto will put an end to him in a flash.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
My guess...mainly due to Naruto and Sasuke being opposites other than both being Shinobi well advanced beyond their years. [with their skills and powers being about equal as they are rivals]

My guess is that..much like how Naruto had a positive effect on the war after joining in and is serving as a beacon of hope for those in the Alliance, Sasuke will have the opposite effect and serve as their symbol of despair and make a similar yet opposite impact.

The end tag about carnage coming to the battlefield also seems to imply this. [Also, the Kishimoto interview I brought up in the shoutbox has him saying things will be getting heated from this point]

My full thoughts on the chapter later, but I will say that I liked seeing the thoughts of the individual rookies as they were making their way across the battlefield.

Maximus
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Quote:

My guess is that..much like how Naruto had a positive effect on the war after joining in and is serving as a beacon of hope for those in the Alliance, Sasuke will have the opposite effect and serve as their symbol of despair and make a similar yet opposite impact.

Im guessing you talking towards the rookies... but the rookies wanted to kill him anyway.

Mizugameza
Member Avatar
Peace & Love
[ *  *  *  * ]
It seems Tobi is trying to convince himself things are still going as planned. Wonder if he'll fight seriously now to be met with reinforcements or tactical retreat his ass out of there. Given his inner thoughts, he'll probably show off a little more to convince Naruto that his efforts are useless. I'm just waiting on Sasuke's new debut and the meeting between Tobi and Madara.

Kagemane
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I'm *******' stoked!
I'm kinda pissed that Inoichi didn't say "NARUTO IS KICKING MADARA'S ASS!" that would have inspired every troop on the battlefield. But, regardless, now all of Naruto's classmates, friends, rivals, whatever other bonds he has will get to see what a truly amazing power ninja can wield.
Hmm.. Strange... I've always been a fan of Naruto, but since he looked Kyuubi in the eye and told him he'd rid him of his hatred.. I've been jocking Naruto with the ferocity of a Sasuke fan-girl... >.> I'm not gay. lol.

Speaking of Sasuke, Kishi said "Carnage has just arrived on the battlefield." That means Sasuke is gonna start killing with Reckless abandon.. and god forbid if he runs into Madara's fight... HOLY s***... I really hope that doesn't happen, because some Kage will die. Most likely Oonoki.. and Maybe Tsunade, just becasue of Sasuke's retarded, irrational hatred of Konoha. If Sasuke kills the last Sennin of Konoha... Naruto is literally gonna rip him in half... And you know what.. I'll laugh.

But uh, overall, great chapter. Tobi is shitting himself lmfao. How could he possibly deny Naruto's power when Naruto just destroyed his trump card in 5 minutes? Tobi pulls out 6 bodies, paths of pain style, WITH tailed beasts at that. Thats unbelievable power, anyone but Naruto would have been destroyed in seconds, proof of that is that Kakashi (known in the series as the "Oh no, insurmountable odds! Oh wait, Copycat Kakashi is here, we're safe.) was literally useless in that fight. That unbelievable power was single handedly stopped by Naruto.. in FIVE MINUTES. Come on Tobi, be rational.. Run. lol.

oblivion
Member Avatar
OUR RASENGAN WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN
[ *  *  *  * ]
ok so nothing actually happened...

we get it. everyone wants naruto to win. we dont need half a chapter of people saying "WOO GO NARUTO!!!" i thought this was about the entire ninja world coming together but in the end, kishi pulls out this BS of only showing the konoha gang.

o and sasuke comes back. damn...

-5/10

o and if naruto spends an entire chapter trying to convince sasuke to come back and be a good guy again, im not quite sure what i'll do/say but it probably wont be very nice...
Edited by oblivion, Feb 8 2012, 12:59 AM.

iHaveTheEyes
Member Avatar
Smoke Ninja
[ * ]
Twilight_Ninja
Feb 8 2012, 12:48 AM
If I'm interpreting you right, then I completely agree. I think Sasuke's presence will at first simply make everyone else aggravated and emotional, but once he displays his power I think he will start to demoralize the entire army (with the exception of Naruto obviously)

oblivion
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
o and what happened to itachi telling naruto to not do everything for himself and (mostly) everyone on the forums agreeing? did we all forget this? as cool as it would be to see superpowerful naruto vs tobi fight it out, id still like to see someone other than naruto do something...

Kagemane
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
iHaveTheEyes
Feb 8 2012, 12:58 AM
Twilight_Ninja
Feb 8 2012, 12:48 AM
If I'm interpreting you right, then I completely agree. I think Sasuke's presence will at first simply make everyone else aggravated and emotional, but once he displays his power I think he will start to demoralize the entire army (with the exception of Naruto obviously)

I also agree, cause despite me completely saying Naruto is gonna wreck Sasuke, Sasuke is obviously incredibly powerful. I'm really hoping he doesn't come across the Madara vs GoKage fight.. That will end very badly for the Kage... Two pissed off, evil, insanely powerful Uchiha vs the 5 most powerful ninja in their respective villages sounds like good odds, but with the Rinnegan and Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan involved..

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
oblivion
Feb 8 2012, 12:58 AM
ok so nothing actually happened...

we get it. everyone wants naruto to win. we dont need half a chapter of people saying "WOO GO NARUTO!!!" i thought this was about the entire ninja world coming together but in the end, kishi pulls out this BS of only showing the konoha gang.

o and sasuke comes back. damn...

-5/10

o and if naruto spends an entire chapter trying to convince sasuke to come back and be a good guy again, im not quite sure what i'll do/say but it probably wont be very nice...
This is to some others as well, but when did a major character/antagonist become a criticism? <_<

I don't know about you...but I thought it was nice seeing all of their perspectives on their friend.

They aren't nearly emphasized enough, given they are the ones closest to Naruto. [especially Sakura, Sai, Hinata, Shikamaru, Lee, etc.]

They're on a higher tier in that department as they've known him since he was just an upstart. That's not a bad thing.

As for that last thing...pretty sure the resolve was clearly spoken last encounter.

Regarding the solo topic....he hasn't been. Not sure we're reading the same story.

Ever since the Itachi convo....he's been working with others. From then and presently...

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
HOOORRAH MOTHAF**KA!

That was so exciting it hurts. I agree that not much really happened, but that was just as exciting to read. I was really looking forward to more Bijuu action, but this was good too. I can't wait to see this animated.

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
oblivion
Feb 8 2012, 01:01 AM
o and what happened to itachi telling naruto to not do everything for himself and (mostly) everyone on the forums agreeing? did we all forget this? as cool as it would be to see superpowerful naruto vs tobi fight it out, id still like to see someone other than naruto do something...

Naruto isn't doing it on his own tho. Kyuubi is helping him out, and the hachibi helped out Naruto in the last chapter.

oblivion
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Twilight_Ninja
Feb 8 2012, 01:04 AM
Ever since the Itachi convo....he's been working with others. From then and presently...
working with others? kishi spend 8 pages quite literally going through every major konoha ninja and having them put all their faith in naruto... again...

itachi told naruto, in so many words, to not try to do everything himself. and look where we're at now.

im not saying main character development is a bad thing. i quite like naruto getting more powers. maybe with the new bijuu chakra (or w/e they gave him), he can get some new abilities not named/based on rasengan. but i dont like every other ninja in the entire manga diminished to such a low state as to have to put the entire hope of the battle against tobi on squarely on naruto.

even bee is sittin there twiddling his thumbs. he hasnt even rapped in a while. naruto doesnt even consider him strong enough to be support... now thats just sad. this is the 8 tails jinchuuriki and one who has mastered his abilities and he cant even be considered a contender in the battle?

edit:

salamanca

Naruto isn't doing it on his own tho. Kyuubi is helping him out, and the hachibi helped out Naruto in the last chapter.

i dont think thats what itachi meant when he told naruto to not do everything all by himself... i think its safe to assume he meant letting other ninja help too.

right now, kishi spent 8 pages on ninja telling naruto to wi nthe war for them. it was broadcast to EVERYONE in the alliance that they were to all believe in naruto and hope he wins. not just the konoha gang, but EVERYONE. the same everyone that wanted to keep naruto hidden in an island till the war was over...

and the hachibi isnt even strong enough for naruto to ask him for help. he didnt even consider him for a support. he basically told him to stay out of his way.
Edited by oblivion, Feb 8 2012, 01:15 AM.

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
^I think you missed the context, oblivion. ^__^'''

Yeah yeah. They were putting their faith in Naruto as a beacon of hope...but you seem to have neglected the part where they [and this is rather explicit in Shikamaru, Chouji, and Sakura's POVs among the others] said they were gonna stand right there with Naruto.

You may have just taken the prior line too literally.

Heck, Sakura's alone was about how they were all going to fight and stand together. That's not leaving every single thing to him...they fully intend on joining him.

And Bee has been helping out. You didn't see when he lent a hand in the full 8 Tails state? That's kinda confusing, no offense.

And as for other Ninja...yeah. Naruto has gotten support from other Ninja, either against the Zetsu and select Edo Tensei or at the Sandaime Raikage/Madara battlefields.

Nick165K
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Not much happened. It seemed like this entire chapter could have been done in a couple of pages.

iHaveTheEyes
Member Avatar
Smoke Ninja
[ * ]
By the way...Shino is hilarious.

ryukitsune
Member Avatar
Master of Logical Coolness
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not a bad chapter, even if it did get my hopes up about Sasuke actually doing something other then just appearing for a page. Liked how Naruto was teasing Tobi about the names and Tobi's reaction to Naruto possibly knowing something he didn't. It was also nice to see everyone's motivations in coming to help Naruto, especially Hinata and Shino's who were the best. Still don't see what they can possibly do to help when the Gedo Mazo already owned them before. Hopefully Sasuke will actually be in the next chapter doing something other then standing around. An alright chapter.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dear Kishimoto what the hell is wrong with you that you need to waste 3 perfectly good pages on nothing but footprints?

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
vick86
Feb 8 2012, 01:59 AM
Dear Kishimoto what the hell is wrong with you that you need to waste 3 perfectly good pages on nothing but footprints?
Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing.

vick86
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ryuuske Minami
Feb 8 2012, 02:03 AM
vick86
Feb 8 2012, 01:59 AM
Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing.
Sadly, Kishimoto always been really uneconomic about panel usage. This is just an extremely obvious example.
Edited by vick86, Feb 8 2012, 02:14 AM.

keket
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
everyone loves naruto yay
but really whole chapter about this?

only good part was shino

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply