Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate these episodes?
10 - Excellent 34 (82.9%)
9 5 (12.2%)
8 1 (2.4%)
7 1 (2.4%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 0 (0%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 41
Shippuuden Episodes 248 & 249 Air
Topic Started: Feb 9 2012, 11:31 AM (3,160 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mom and dad sign off.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jadakiss
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Minato is the Goat.

The Peacebrew
Member Avatar
Fire vs. Fire
[ *  *  *  * ]
Very emotional and action-speced episodes, completely astounding episodes. The pace is great and enjoying Sandaime in the last section of episode 249. I cannot praise the episodes enough and there is no words that can express my feelings enough.

1.000.000.000/10 (If I could).

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Minato is the man!! It's too bad we never got to see Minato's training with J-man and the toads. I'm sure it would have been pretty rad.

Anyway I enjoyed every minute of these two episodes, art , sound, music, and all that combined to make these episodes was great.

hachibi_fan
Haha!!! Now i show you my doujutsu.
[ * ]
By far the best canon animated. Minato was such a great man, long live the fourth; may his son one day surpass him as a great hokage =)

Talleyferro
Genin
[ *  * ]
Every time I see the summoning technique I wonder why the S-ranked ninjas of the respective villages don't carry around a scroll or sign up to automatically reverse summon back to their village when it is under imminent attack. Jiraiya and Tsunade would have been very helpful in this situation. Have the current Hokage put a seal on their ankle or something that would allow the Hokage to summon them to his/her position in an emergency.

Kartoon-Man
Member Avatar
Gomu Gomu No
[ *  *  *  * ]
I used reset no jutsu at the end of 248 a few times cause Minato's that good.

These episodes have me thinking.....I prefer a manga about Minato growing up.

Loved these episodes. 10/10

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
Almost felt like a new series was starting or that i was watching a movie. if only they did Kakashi Gaiden this good. But these two episodes were epic. no other word can describe them. 10000000000000/10

Chidori Chihori
Member Avatar
Why So Serious?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fantastic episodes.

Especially loved the moment Minato struck Madara/Tobi..... truly epic!

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
this with out a doubt were two of the best episodes of naruto I have ever watched. it was amazing as I thought it would be, the anime really did the manga justice. Tobi/Minato was a great battle, and just seeing the kyuubi tear up konoha was amazing. Also liked the extra filler with enma, good seeing him again. this is definitely the most emotional episodes in the series, even more then obito, itachi, asuma, hiruzen or jiraiya, truly epic and inspirational. this without a doubt gets a 10/10 from me

EternalRapture
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I'd rate 248 as the greatest NS episode to date and 249 as the most emotional. I could not fault this special, the music, animation, artwork, content....everything was truly first class.

Couldn't have asked for more.

Broncoboogieman
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Watch it on my iPhone @ the office, gonna watch it again @ home on my 46" like it was the Superbowl! Awsome chapter, Minato is the shitznitz

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Awesome awesome awesome hour long special. :D :D

Both episodes involved had top notch animators and they were greatly adapted into animation. ^___^

Man, Madara really demonstrated some great villainy and really established himself as a nasty b******. Killing Biwako and Taji [the ANBU medic/midwife] as well as taking Naruto hostage, even tossing him in the air and attempting to impale him with a kunai after attaching explosive tags to his baby blanket.

Minato showed some top notch speed and reflex saving Naruto, tossing the blanket, and just narrowly escaping the following explosion.

Unfortunately, Madara then captures Kushina and forcefully extracts the Nine Tails from her, putting him entirely under his control in the process. The fox even seemed to recognize him just before he put it under Sharingan hypnosis.

Kushina manages to stave off death after the extraction to Madara's own amazement...and then he has Kyuubi try to kill her. Cue Minato teleporting her to safety just on time before he brings her to be with Naruto.

I could feel the anger Minato was directing at Madara with that furious look he threw him.

Donning his Hokage robes, Minato sets out just as the village falls under attack after Madara summons it within the village borders. As Minato observes, his jutsu allows him to go inside and outside the village without triggering the barrier that Pain observed when he attacked the village.

I did like the scenes we got of the other Ninja prior, such as a younger Itachi with his brother and a younger ANBU Kakashi and Guy.

As Hiruzen goes to lead the counterattack against the village [which is being devastated at that point], Minato goes against Madara whom nearly gets him with his teleportation and intangibility after the former sends the Kyuubi's chakra attack to a faraway location.

Minato gets away using the Flying Raijin [or Flying Thunder God] like when he fled with Naruto and deduces that he's facing a dangerous opponent. He initially deduces he's facing Madara Uchiha at first due to his capabilities, but then thinks that impossible due to the latter being dead and it's probably somebody else...though the identity falls short of what he has to do to counter the threat.

Madara really knew how to use his technique to its fullest, attaching shackles to himself and using his intangibility to run through and snare Minato with the chains. Something like that may have worked were it not for him having his own Space/Time Ninjutsu.

Minato's big blow on Tobi/Madara was simply awesome. Charging at him with an attack after sending a kunai that passes through his head and then instantly teleporting to that kunai and slamming Madara with a Rasengan the very instant he materializes himself to attack Minato.

From there, we see his arm start falling/melting off. So we have that curious biology again that was demonstrated in earlier episodes where his arms seem to be artificial.

Minato then ends it with a Flying Raijin to stab Madara and simultaneously use a contract seal to break the Nine Tails from his control.

....And that's just the first half. :)

In the second half, it starts off with more devastation from the Nine Tails and we see a scene with Iruka and his parents as well as the younger Shinobi [including Kurenai and Asuma] being kept away from the fight against the fox by Kurenai's father and other Ninja present.

Madara mentions that Minato earned his title before teleporting away with the promise that the Nine Tails will be his and he'll rule the world. And Minato knows he's serious about that threat.

Hiruzen and Enma manage to push the fox outside of the village as the Shinobi keep pressing the attack. Minato arrives with Gamabunta to pin the fox down just as it's about to unleash another chakra attack before teleporting it away with his technique.

Minato teleports with Naruto and Kushina as the latter uses her chakra chains to pin the fox down. Her words to Minato then were rather heart-wrenching. :(

Minato intends then to use the Shiki Fuujin [which we learn can't be used by Jinchuuriki for some reason] to seal half of the fox's chakra away before using an eight sign seal to seal his and Kushina's chakra into Naruto along with the Nine Tails itself. It sparks a small debate that ends quickly.

Kyuubi notices that he's about to be sealed away again with the baby Naruto to serve as his host. He goes for the kill as Minato goes over to Kushina and....

Here's where I think the 'parent of the century' award comes in. Both Kushina and Minato take the claw intended for Naruto and are skewered, successfully protecting their son from harm.

Minato gives the key to the seal to Gerotora to bring to Jiraiya before he and Kushina say their final parting words to Naruto...another heartwrenching scene.

I gotta say...it's been quite a long time since we saw the Death God last.

Back in the present, Kushina says some apologies to which Naruto says there's no need as he never held anything against them and they succeeded in filling him with love.

In a touching scene, Kushina is overcome with emotion and hugs Naruto one last time as she thanks him for letting her and Minato be his parents and fades away entirely to join Minato.

I have to give this special the maximum score of 10. It earned it.

Looking forward to next episode. ^__^

Lucifer
Member Avatar
D.V.D.A.
[ *  * ]
great episodes, minato is a champion.

TehJammah
Member Avatar
Kneel before Karinzo!
[ *  * ]
They chopped Koharu and Homura out of it. I are teh pissed, one of my favourite bits of the flashback in teh manga was seeing them geared up for battle and I was kinda hoping we'd get to see a little what the other two students of the 1st & 2nd could do (especially since they'd still just about be capable of fighting at fullish potential).

Other than that, pretty damn good double bill. Minato vs Tobi didn't disappoint. solid 9

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
hachibi_fan
Feb 9 2012, 12:39 PM
By far the best canon animated. Minato was such a great man, long live the fourth; may his son one day surpass him as a great hokage =)
i second that..... the best episodes animated to date...... they've done minato justice..... pure epicness.... lol

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
TehJammah
Feb 9 2012, 05:46 PM
They chopped Koharu and Homura out of it. I are teh pissed, one of my favourite bits of the flashback in teh manga was seeing them geared up for battle and I was kinda hoping we'd get to see a little what the other two students of the 1st & 2nd could do (especially since they'd still just about be capable of fighting at fullish potential).

Other than that, pretty damn good double bill. Minato vs Tobi didn't disappoint. solid 9
that's right... i was expecting the two oldies to get animated as well.. too bad they were left off.... but well.. yeah... the episodes are awesome...

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
man.. that gooey thing on tobi's arm... it makes me believe more that zetsu has something to do with this...sheesh..

BadGuy Ogg
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
These two episodes, like everybody has been saying, is by far the best episodes yet.

One thing I found odd was that when the leaf ninja were attacking the kyuubi, they were attacking with kunai bombs. Wouldn't jutsus, elemental or combination jutsus prove to be far more effective at pushing the kyuubi out of the village?

I also found it odd how even with the 3rd fighting the kyuubi, almost all the leaf ninja proved to be of little use. If the 4th wasn't there, I seriously doubt the leaf village would've lasted much longer.

10/10
Edited by BadGuy Ogg, Feb 9 2012, 06:28 PM.

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
and btw... the musical score for 249 was epic... seriously... that's why the emotions were very clear...

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
BadGuy Ogg
Feb 9 2012, 06:25 PM
These two episodes, like everybody has been saying, is by far the best episodes yet.

One thing I found odd was that when the leaf ninja were attacking the kyuubi, they were attacking with kunai bombs. Wouldn't jutsus, elemental or combination jutsus prove to be far more effective at pushing the kyuubi out of the village?

I also found it odd how even with the 3rd fighting the kyuubi, almost all the leaf ninja proved to be of little use. If the 4th wasn't there, I seriously doubt the leaf village would've lasted much longer.

10/10
i noticed that as well... the anbu should've used more badass moves same like that in the pain arc together with ibiki... well.. nevermind... the episodes still rocked...

and you are right... the third could have been pulverized with that bijuu dama if it wasn't for the fourth... but then again... the third is still rockin at around 57-58 years of age...

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
man...this is my first time having several posts... and for an anime episode!!!! lol!

BadGuy Ogg
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I've always wondered what kind of ninja Naruto would've become if he took after Minato in terms of his jutsu style. He would've pretty much owned all of the K11 and even Sasuke, in terms of skill and battle strength, from the get-go.
Edited by BadGuy Ogg, Feb 9 2012, 06:44 PM.

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
Even having 2 episodes was not enough! These 2 episodes are the highlight of this arc for me.

I'd be lying if Kushina's final words for baby Naruto didn't moisten my eyes just a little bit. Masterful, very masterfully done.

The action was stunning too. Madara vs. Minato was just terrific.

It goes to show that only the very skilled shinobis can sense that s*** is about to go down (Kakashi, Itachi and Hiruzen). The only thing I didn't like was the way the art was shown during the initial attack by Kyuubi on the village when he was summoned by Madara during the first part. It just didn't connect for me.

I'll wait another week or two then I'll marathon this entire training arc.

Rikoduo Sennin
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
BadGuy Ogg
Feb 9 2012, 06:39 PM
I've always wondered what kind of ninja Naruto would've become if he took after Minato in terms of his jutsu style. He would've pretty much owned all of the K11 and even Sasuke, in terms of skill and battle strength, from the get-go.
not to mention being a pure genius that occurs one in a lifetime as sasuke currently is...

pure epic episode.....one of my best....i am never tired of seeing minato do battle....
Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by Sardaukar, Feb 10 2012, 07:48 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply