Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 24 (37.5%)
9 12 (18.8%)
8 12 (18.8%)
7 5 (7.8%)
6 4 (6.3%)
5 - Average 3 (4.7%)
4 0 (0%)
3 2 (3.1%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 2 (3.1%)
Total Votes: 64
Chapter 604 Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 2 2012, 10:07 AM (10,957 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I didn't see that coming.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ryukitsune
Member Avatar
Master of Logical Coolness
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kakashi being the one to kill Rin was a surprise, but Obito must will realize there's more going on, else he would have condemned Kakashi from killing her instead of merely letting her die. And I suppose the mention of spiral Zetsu taking control in battle will be used to explain why he preformed as he did against Minato. Alright chapter.

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, I didn't expect to see that... :O_O:

8/10 for the twist at the end.

Cheetah
Member Avatar
Sound Ninja from the Cloud
[ *  * ]
I agree with Ryu.

foyzul2002
Member Avatar
foyzulhassan.com
[ * ]
Well well Kakashi, what are you up to? Or is this just a Zetsu Clone? If its the K-man, then I'm sure he had a a reason for this, maybe Rin asked him to? Anyway, let's get back to the war please, I'm kinda missing the main story.

henryuja
Member Avatar
BASTARD the Exploder Wizard
[ *  *  *  * ]
WELL, that plothole filling b*stard Kishi, I got some potholes on my Avenue need fixing, at the rate he is going he would get it done faster than my elected representative lol

The Guardian
Member Avatar
The God Of War
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well Kakashi dealing a fetal blow to Rin is pretty surprising. I can understand why Obito would be mad at Kakashi. I'd like to think though that there is more to this then Kakashi killing accidentally. Maybe Rin was a sleeping unit, or she switched sides after Obito. That would be a killer twist

RisaE
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
It was interesting. I don't get why some people in the fandom legitimately hate Kakashi now, believing that he genuinely went cold and killed her. I do need this to be explained though, I don't think anyone saw this coming. It seems like such a set up though, with Madara being so sure that Obito would return to him. Kakashi was crying, though only from his Sharingan eye... But either way that seems to suggest that he did know what he was doing. And Rin seemed shocked. So I don't think she asked him to kill her. Maybe mind control or it's not really them or something, I have no idea.
Edited by RisaE, Oct 2 2012, 11:18 AM.

TurrinB
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
My thoughts on the recent chapter I recorded. Agree, disagree tell me your thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCagSzw5xpw

In case that doesn't work:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHGDSgLz4F7xGG_s1nzaGWg?feature=mhee"]
Link to My Channel[/URL]

Do you think Madara ordered the mist shinobi to attack Kakashi and Rin? Do you think he may have had control over the mist village before Obito even knew about it?

Ero-Kami
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Damn, Kishimoto be filling them plotholes like a boss. That is definitely something I could see Obito turning down the path to the dark side for.

Fire Shadow
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
You would have to think that Kakashi killing Rin was related to the Hidden Mist's "experimental bodies" that swirly Zetsu mentioned to Obito. So, there is definitely some hidden nugget of information that we don't know.

Kakashi doesn't look surprised. So, he meant to stab Rin. Rin looks surprised. I hope she is not the real Rin and is one of the Hidden Mist experiments.

Ryuuske Minami
Member Avatar
Eternally Genin
[ *  *  * ]
Great surprise!

So Zetsu was just coincidentally saw kakashi and Rin in deep trouble and just had to let Obito know? What are the chances that Madara manipulated this situation to get Obito to join his cause?

alekos23
Member Avatar
hell-in
[ *  *  * ]
hmm that seeing through kakashi's eye reminds me of a certain 6 corpse tech. maybe his senju DNA implant is affecting him ?
also it could be due to hidden mist tech that he mistook rin...
Spoiler: click to toggle

^maybe it has to do with this?

Cheetah
Member Avatar
Sound Ninja from the Cloud
[ *  * ]
TurrinB
Oct 2 2012, 11:27 AM
My thoughts on the recent chapter I recorded. Agree, disagree tell me your thoughts:
I doubt Danzou had anything to do with it.
Also, I'm not understanding the image.
Obito said Kakashi would be his eyes. I had a feeling this would be literal, but Tobi's actions didn't seem to show it, so I tossed the thought aside. And I doubt it's something that's always active. Maybe it's random. Or when Obito is in deep thought of Kakashi, or Kakashi of Obito. Or maybe when Kakashi gets emotional. We'll get more answers next chapter.

Kudos to Kishi, once again. I'm glad you people aren't crying "plothole" so much anymore.

KRIDEN
Member Avatar
next time... use 3 tails.....
[ *  * ]
i said it in another thread but ill repeat myself.... kishi...you are one magnificent plot hole filling bastard.....never doubting the man again.....

Diamonddeath
Member Avatar
Legendary Shinobi
[ *  *  *  * ]
I never doubted Kishimoto. I knew he would find a way to make everything work. Now, which plothole are we talking about, again?
Edited by Diamonddeath, Oct 2 2012, 01:11 PM.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I wasn't expecting Kakashi dealing the final blow, but I guess it would make sense, if Madara wants to manipulate Obito. Definitely something going on here. I have a feeling that Rin is actually a Zetsu or Zetsu disguised himself as Rin, attacked the K man and then let him fight the real Rin until he finished her. Nice plotting on Madara's part if that's the case.

Madara telling Obito that he'll be back to thank him makes this a more solid assumption for me, and like Ryuuske mentioned, how coincidental that Zetsu just happen to see all of this happening.

Good chapter, but this story is starting to drag a little.

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Bleh, the who "Rin going to die" thing seemed obvious at the beginning of the chapter. Because of that, it seemed like a short chapter, so 8/10.

the Wind
Member Avatar
4th Dimensional Rift Stalker
[ * ]
that was to be expected. I'm not surprised. the way obito was to kakashi in recent chapters showed this predicament. now as to why kakashi did what he had to do...

1) Rin may have been a spy to some degree. too distant?

2) kakashi was rash with his raikari in fighting off the hidden mist nin and possibility reacted on instinct in attacking Rin accidently.

now as to why Obito can see kakashi vision

1) senju powers mixing with uchiha abilities... espeically if transplanting an eye to another body can be similiar in stages of awakening the rinnegan eyes (as seen with nagato six paths of pain or obito's jin attack squad)

2) we do not know for sure if transplanting one sharingan into another body can give a new field of vision.

suggestions?

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Madara may had something to do with it but that doesn't make the chapter less awesome or the events. What happened in this chapter sorta resembles what happened to the Orphans. Specifically Yahiko and Nagato. The only difference is Rin doesn't seem like she saw it coming while Kakashi did. Not that Kakashi did it on purpose but I'm sure we'll get a good explanation soon enough.

Lastly this chapter explains why Kamui failed on the Gedo Mazo. It's possible Obito tapped into his other eye and simply cancelled the jutsu.

Note- Kakashi can't see Obito's POV because the eyes doesn't belong to him FYI
Edited by Salamanca, Oct 2 2012, 02:17 PM.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Very interesting chapter, with another nice twist from Kishi at the end. Some people are saying that it may not be the real Rin and Kakashi because of what Zetsu said about experimental bodies. I have to believe they are both the real deal for the simple fact that you see Kakashi crying at the end when he stabs her with chidori. Interesting what Madara said to Obito , he seems pretty sure Obito will return without a doubt. Seems like their is more going on then we know about. Madara is always hiding something. I also enjoyed the color pages, very nice. I'll give this one a 9/10 for the fact I think they can build upon something like this and explain what is going on.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

the Wind
Member Avatar
4th Dimensional Rift Stalker
[ * ]
Salamanca
Oct 2 2012, 02:15 PM

Note- Kakashi can't see Obito's POV because the eyes doesn't belong to him FYI
just to clarify i was referring to obito seeing through Kakashi POV, not the other way around. crisis averted XD

AburameSenpai
Genin
[ *  * ]
does Kakashi even ever see Obito? because after figuring out he was alive he acted all surprised and assumed he was dead

Twilight_Ninja
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
^Indeed.

Kakashi thought Obito was dead ever since that one mission where they went to rescue Rin and he got buried.

Therefore, he couldn't have seen him after that day until the present. So the probable answer to the question is no.

@Everyone: I really do not think the chances are all that high of Rin being a spy. Kakashi lamented that he wasn't able to protect her during his "final moments" when he died against Pain. That does not make her sound like an enemy unit.

Megadeuce26
We Have Come To Terms
[ * ]
Nice chapter...its nice to know that those eyes are kinda like a camera for Obito. Makes me wonder if Obito was able to see Kakashi battles...Also the Zetsu suit fighting makes sense. Also, it was nice to see all the Madara weapons on the wall...the fan...huge b.a. shurikens...scythe...very nice touch.

This chapter and i'm sure the upcoming chapters really make Kakashi one of the best characters IMO in this anime...the complexity of his character...trying to right wrongs, atone for past mistakes...even though most the things that have happened are not his fault directly. I really feel sorry for the guy!

Madara tells Obito he will come back...i can already see the brainwashing in effect. After next chapter it begins. I'll say about page 12 next week we'll begin the talk from Madara about 'the perfect world' that Obito being an emo idiot will believe...all b/c of Rin. (shaking head) :FP:

Kakashi chooses to supress his feelings as a ninja and protect the village...and Obito decides b/c one person dies he wants to control the world...

8/10.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply