Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 16 (34%)
9 12 (25.5%)
8 6 (12.8%)
7 7 (14.9%)
6 2 (4.3%)
5 - Average 2 (4.3%)
4 0 (0%)
3 1 (2.1%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (2.1%)
Total Votes: 47
Chapter 613 Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 12 2012, 08:38 AM (6,788 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ino-Shika-BlownTheHeckUp

I have my doubts they actually died though, with Mabui there, they might have gotten spirited away somehow.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

flcpge
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I wonder how the alliance will coordinate their actions on the field with HQ gone. Damn, Shikaku was one of the cooler characters in the manga.

FictionReader98
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
As I recall, Shikaku and co were stationed at Headquarters... and that's supposed to be the Hidden Cloud Village. So did the entire village here get nuked?

In any event, if Kishimoto really did blow all that up, this would be a welcomed change to this war (as sad as that is to say), but this certainly wouldn't be the first time he's pulled the '[insert name] died, but came back to life and/or not really dead' card.

Actually surprised the Alliance's cement trap on the Juubi was broken this quickly. Thought that would happen at the end of the chapter at least. Pleasantly surprised mind you.

Wreck
Member Avatar
Emokage, Village of the Hidden Tears; Land of the Slit Wrists
[ * ]
I feel like Kishi is trying to time everything with the Mayan apocalypse.. Looks like it'll be Shikamaru's time to step up

Ravenlight21
Member Avatar
Elite04
[ *  *  * ]
madara really knows his basics..... lol....

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Appearantly the Juubi turned into a Bulbasaur.

Anyways, im still not like how they turned a awesome character from Kakashi's backstory into the final bad guy. And no, I won't get over it. I mean really, what's with Kishimoto's fetish of turning every Uchiha into a psychopath mass murder because they had family/friend issues?

baburam
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Sad chapter indeed. Most of the readers had already predicted that the cement won't work for long. I never expected the guys at HQ to get blowed . That was just so sudden. And yeah, that is the basic of wars. The last strategy matters now. Hope that the strategy works .

henryuja
Member Avatar
BASTARD the Exploder Wizard
[ *  *  *  * ]
i am praying to God that they are dead, they really need to die for plot progression reasons

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
henryuja
Dec 12 2012, 09:12 AM
i am praying to God that they are dead, they really need to die for plot progression reasons
Out of all the characters that need to die, I highly doubt the entire plot is going to be affected on whether they live or die. Now with the plot WILL be affected now that the HQ is destroyed, since no proper strategy could be made so easily.

Megadeuce26
We Have Come To Terms
[ * ]
@BHM1250...hilarious...i was thinking the same thing...Bulbasaur learned Solar Beam!

As was predicted but we all new that the cement wasn't going to do (fill-in-the-blank.) And this chapter pretty much shows the hopelessness of the situation. So now we set up a situation, unsurmountable challenge that the shinobi will have to overcome. Will they succeed? Logically speaking no...but, of course, we cast logic to the wind and follow the story plot.

Shikaku dying would make a strong statement in this manga, as well as showing the precariousness of the situation. They realize that they are nothing more than flies buzzing around this huge entity. Again, logic says they're all doomed.

Love Madara, education at the end of the chapter..."Lesson 1 for today is Basic Shinobi fighting boys and girls! Always go for the head!"

Chapter gets 9/10 for me, strictly on the worst starter pokemon being made into an uber being...crap hope they can find a Charizard in time...

The Guardian
Member Avatar
The God Of War
[ *  *  *  * ]
What a weird looking Juubi. Its eye is not on the same side of the head; it's skinny and it is missing an arm. My guess is that it's too skinny missing limbs because it's missing the other 8th and 9th tail.

We all knew that the plan would not work so no surprise there. I kinda find it nice that Madara and Obito seem to be losing some control of the Juubi. Stupid HAX device and reason for Madara and OBito to not continue their plan. I understand that they want to "witness" the power of the Juubi but we all know how this will all end; Naruto and Co will save the day and it will look stupid that Madara and Obito lost because they wanted to try out the power of the Juubi. They could have done this AFTER created an illusion.

HQ blowing up? About freaken time. How long does it take for the manga do understand "the basics" you don't beat an army by going head on. You destroy supplies and communication and the leading heads. Luckily, the manga did that. It's funny how the Juubi didn't hit any "big" villages like Konoha.. I guess they are saving that for Sasuke

Hopefully Skikaku did send the plan to Kakashi. It seems it has to do withe Kakashi's Kumai. My guess is that Kakashi should make Tobi and Madara get teleported out of the field so they can deal with the Juubi separately OR the disrupt the connection that Madara and Obito have with the Juubi via the cable/kumai

Uchiha_Kaida
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
oh gosh I love Madara he's my favorite on the battle field now x3 I hope someone besides the bad guys will die soon

Kishi has way too many side characters and some of them need to be killed off...
with the HQ being blown up thats really gonna effect the plot...and the Juubi did something that was really useful
finally I hope someones gonna die

but as for the Juubi being able to reach that far is pretty exciting

I like how this chapter wasn't completely useless like last weeks chapter but I want Kishi to hurry and get to Sasuke and Oro

the Kage's wont be shown for a long while for what it looks

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Now this is the type of chapter I was waiting to read. Although I have my doubts that Shika -Ino got blown to bits, I believe it was time for someone to perish in order for this battle to move along. People needed motivation to continue now that they know what they're up against.

I'm getting bummed out that Naruto is not coming up with anything useful. I'm also getting annoyed that Madara is just standing around doing nothing but schooling Obito in the basics of shinobi warfare.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm hoping that Sasuke and Oro show up soon.

Ozai Uchiha
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
The Ten-Tails' mature form is emaciated; I wonder if that emaciation is a consequence of the beast not containing both Gyuuki and Kurama's chakras? The ear, eye, and mouth the beast bears on the sides of its head remind me of the three different faces Pain's Asura Path bore. An interesting observance is the fact the Ten-Tails has acquired more sentience with its maturation. I was wondering if it would develop sentience or if it was just a mindless, massively powerful, and indestructible weapon both Madara and Obito are capable of commanding. I wonder if the Ten-Tails will develop more or if this evolution is the maximum amount of growth it can achieve in its current state? I believe the latter situation is more likely because the Ten-Tails lacks Gyuuki and Kurama's chakras. I have noted the Ten-Tails is not exuding its overwhelmingly foul chakra, which makes me wonder if Kurama's chakra is necessary for that particular characteristic because Kurama's chakra is described as malevolent.

I am not surprised in the slightest we are not yet aware of Shikaku's last plan. I do hope Kishimoto will not require numerous chapters to detail the plan or wait to reveal the plan, but that hope may be wishful thinking.

cquence72000
Member Avatar
Mutant: Omega class
[ *  * ]
Eew....Ain't feelin' the mature Juubi look but dang How can HQ escape a blast with the radius of a city? I don't think that'll happen and I like Shikaku, Inoichi, and Ao. Be sad to see them parish. Shikamaru....whoo! if looks could kill. I think he's going to get some spot light soon.

Waiting for Sasuke, Orochimaru, and Taka. AND the Kages. Itchin to see what happens with them at this point.

On Yamato: I think at this point Yamato cells were completely absorbed by the Gedo (just theorizifyin'). I know that thing can absorb chakra but don't know about cells.

Madara's acting a little childish IMO but I like it.
Cool chapter, though. 7/10.

ryukitsune
Member Avatar
Master of Logical Coolness
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finally a chapter that felt like we're at war. The Juubi's transformation was cool, though it's head could have looked better. Loved that it's tails have hands at the end of them. And we (seemingly) finally get some important deaths. Barring the random revival, it was quite impressive for Kishi. I expect whatever plan Shikaku came up with will be the key to winning. Nice chapter.

Lunacy Divine
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
ryukitsune
Dec 12 2012, 10:45 AM
The Juubi's transformation was cool
Posted Image

Daniel-son
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
Eeeerrrrggghhhhwwwwwhhhggghhhrrrr.... That's how I would describe the Juubi...! Seriously whoever came up with that design shud get fired and never work again what a pathetic ugly stupid looking thing. I'm so disappointed :FP:

The chapter was too short for me and also I don't think they're dead coz Obito I think makes a comment at the end "that took too long" so maybe something has happened and im getting a tingling feeling that they might still be alive and kicking!!!
Edited by Daniel-son, Dec 12 2012, 12:32 PM.

BadGuy Ogg
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Shikaku's face on pg 15 = freakin' epic.

Great chapter. Shinobi alliance HQ is gone. Since they're fighting Uchiha, they take away their sight, i.e mass solar flare type attack. That should buy them some time to get a direct hit in.
If that fails, well at least they tried.

8/10

Broncoboogieman
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Dont really see how they'll beat Madara! Just too strong and well versed on War...oh wait, Kishi already screw-us with the "Obito = Tobi" scam...dont like!!!!

Feeling sorry for Shika-Ino though!

cquence72000
Member Avatar
Mutant: Omega class
[ *  * ]
Juubi looks like a creature from Aeon Flux. But the tails ARE cool. Just feel the overall design could've been a lot better, some of the other tailed beast as well (come to think of it). Maybe some kinda hybrid looking bear, or dragon...
.........lion................ zebra

Kowala bear..................................................

a sloth (just kidding). Can't wait til next chapter.

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Eh, I was never dead set on the Ten Tails looking cool anyway, to be completely honest. I'm not a huge fan of its design (or even that of its first form), but I do like how outlandish and alien it looks. Right now it's like some giant mobile artillery. But let's face it, this probably isn't even its final form.

And of course, the sheer smugness on Madara's face in the last panel was awesome.

ultramagnus
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
about damn time something happened. Madara could easily finish this war, (but won't) How? by dropping a meteorite on the shinobi alliance as there is no one there that could stop it.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMG!! Is all i can say about this chapter, didn't think the Juubi could get any crazier looking but I was wrong, that thing is just nuts!! Cool to see that the attackas and sealing of the juubi failed like we thought. Also cool to see Madara and Obito struggle controlling the Juubi. Then the big blow to HQ with Shikaku, Inoichi and Ao getting killed. First major deaths of the war, didn't see that coming. Excellent chapter, 10/10.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bloodedge
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
A character doesn't usually say things like 'its our final mission' without them dying permanently so it looks like Shikaku and Inoichi have gone the way of Jiraiya and perished...

I must admit I was quite looking forward to the cliched arrival of a hero who could actually go toe-to-toe with Madara or Obito (the main character anyone?), but they are just way, way out of everyone's league... Only the Sage Himself could be a match for these two.

If this is the final battle than I am disappointed as Naruto himself has fallen far short of what we would have expected him to accomplish by the end of the series... He's still Genin level as far as brains go. Worthy of being Hokage? Nah...

So what's going to happen then... Are Orochimaru and Sasuke going to turn up and smite Madara and Obito?
Is the moon-eye genjutsu going to actually succeed, hence triggering one last Timeskip, showing a more mature and powerful Naruto who is finally at Kage standard, breaking the Genjutsu and finally destroying the enemies, saving Sasuke, and getting the girl? (preferably Hinata?)

Well hopefully we should find out by the time the manga gets to volume 100...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply