Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 31 (53.4%)
9 12 (20.7%)
8 5 (8.6%)
7 3 (5.2%)
6 0 (0%)
5 - Average 3 (5.2%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 4 (6.9%)
Total Votes: 58
Chapter 614 Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 18 2012, 08:15 AM (10,456 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Neji you're finally relevant again! Oh, er... so long there man.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

saan
Member Avatar
been awhile :)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pretty much my reaction, though I feel Tsunade might do a "dying save" or something.

Daobs
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
"Wow, Neji is such a bada**, he's really s genius!" When Naruto said this it seamed a little off, so what happened later became a little predicable. Wasn't expecting the actual line to make a difference to the chapter since I didn't remember the whole being called a looser thing.

Really nice to see the Hyuugas together, and I was also thinking Hinata's father was going to die as well. Hinata tried to protect the man she loves once again, so its obvious Naruto is going to "ignore" her like he did before. (one of his friends just died for him, so it's understandable)

Still think we're going to see some more deaths next. Maybe Kiba or Shino? Too bad we can't see the other characters' full reactions since they're in the middle of war...

Megadeuce26
We Have Come To Terms
[ * ]
The bird...the poor bird!! i was so sure he was gonna fly away but he got STUCK!

This chapter IMHO is a 10/10 and if I could rate it higher i would. One of the best chapters to date. From solidifying what Madara's intentions are for Obito, to seeing the Hyuga clan in full action. I hate Neji dying, he was one of my favorite characters. Obito's response to Naruto at the end was profound...b/c he did make that claim. Hopefully it makes Naruto mature up a bit, with regards to what he says and does. Also telling him that his life is no longer his...it's Hinata's as well...and even the flashback which was done effectively...kinda made me miss the early days of Naruto. lol

All in all, excellent chapter. Can't wait for the next.

Itazuk
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Gave it a 9/10.

Haven't read a good chapter in such a long while since... the Zetsu invasion in the Medic Corps Camp?

A fitting shinobi end for Neji, I'd say. Hopefully he can fly free now.

Zen
Member Avatar
Who indeed?
[ *  *  * ]
I bet ten dollars that Naruto will somehow convince Obito the errors of his ways and he will pull a Nagato and bring everyone back to life.

KRIDEN
Member Avatar
next time... use 3 tails.....
[ *  * ]
is it me...or was that bird a hawk? if it was...sasuke will be coming in a chapter or two

windseeker15
Member Avatar
Kira Supporter
[ *  * ]
I won't lie, the chapter had me shedding some tears. Neji...

I had no idea the chapter would be out early this week - I found out about Neji via Facebook.

cquence72000
Member Avatar
Mutant: Omega class
[ *  * ]
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Shikaku, Inoichi, Ao, now Neji. Neji was my favorite, especialy from the Sasuke mission. Such a cool character. I'm gonna sport my long wig in his honor.

What a chapter. The Rock nin captn is awesome!

Seems they don't have complete control over Juubi after all. I thought Madara was just playing around but Obito tryin' to shut 'em down for real. And then spit Naruto's words back in his face like that? There's no reasoning or talk- no jutsu with this dude. Obito wants them DEAD. AND he's a card up on Madara plans for him.

Can't believe I'm saying this.....(tears streaming)...."Sasukeeeeee.....!"

James Bailey
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Lv3
[ * ]
Obito really is gangster putting Madara in his place! Know who's BOSS!

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Zen
Dec 18 2012, 10:20 AM
I bet ten dollars that Naruto will somehow convince Obito the errors of his ways and he will pull a Nagato and bring everyone back to life.
I believe the same will happen.

Obito is already telling Madara that without him his plan is worthless. Somehow Obito will be persuaded by Naruto's talk-no-justu and being that he has the rinnegan he will revive those that have died in order to cleanse his hands of all the bloodshed.

I have to say I wasn't expecting for Neji to pass on, but it was a pretty heroic way. I also liked how he told Naruto, hey dumb ass, other lives depend on you!

Hopefully Obito's taunt will have Naruto do something to change how this battle is going, otherwise, everyone will die pretty soon.

Movado
Member Avatar
Jiraiya is alive!!
[ * ]
Neji my homie, your not going to die today.

Anyhow, I'm just happy to be correct, told people Obito had his own side plan, i even point out all the extra things he have done that was not apart of Madara plans yet people shot shot shot it down. Now look at Obito showing his true colors..... well, his old colors Lol.

Was that a hawk or regular bird??? Either way Jugo might have been using that bird, i really think Sasuke going to show up in the battle field the next 2-3 chapters. Making his adventure with Orochimaru flash back.

Cheetah
Member Avatar
Sound Ninja from the Cloud
[ *  * ]
Madara still has his cool. It's safe to assume he has a back-up plan for if/when the brat turns on him.
Edited by Cheetah, Dec 18 2012, 12:41 PM.

the Wind
Member Avatar
4th Dimensional Rift Stalker
[ * ]
wow. I shed a tear or two. That was really touching to see a genius go down in such a way. Hyuuga finally made a good re-entrance back into the story arc. I'm glad they played a part again. Still sad bout it. Also i liked seeing obito finally standing up to madara (naruto talk no jutsu has a possibility of hitting him sooner). amazing 9/10 chapter.

ryukitsune
Member Avatar
Master of Logical Coolness
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow, another named death and this time it's one of the rookies. Wasn't expecting it, but glad that it happen. Not only Neji, but Hiashi and Hinata all got some good airtime. We also learn that because he's an Edo summon, Madara can't become a Jinchuuriki or finish his plan without Obito, and Obito seems to have gotten cocky about that fact. And his comment to Naruto at the end of the chapter was nice. Very nice chapter.

chubide
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
So my worst fear comes true, and we are indeed going down the rabbit hole of "the NEXT SUPER ULTIMATE FORM OF THE JYUBI WILL OWN ALL !!!".
sigh.

Will the author ever allow the lovable village idiot, i.e. Naruto to accomplish something ? I think not. His story remains destined forever to remain on the "I must become stronger to save my friends....", while to continues to fail to do the same.

Finally, I would any day, ANY DAY, take the Naruto good boy Talk-no-Jutsu over the far more annoying "No one understands my PAIN" patented Uchiha Emo-no-Jutsu, which gets used far more, and appears to currently be far more potent.

Sabaku_Kyuu
Member Avatar
Out getting lost on the road of life
[ *  *  *  * ]
This was the first chapter in a long while, that I actually enjoyed. I was expecting some deaths in the next few chapters and boom one of them being a rookie. I was sad to see Neji go, but his death was fitting a true shinobi. I expect more deaths to come.

The Second Hokage
Member Avatar
EDO TENSAI BI*CHS
[ *  *  * ]
man its sad seeing neji go down like that i was hoping hinatas dad would go which would pave the way for them to be the hyuuga leaders but neji dang..... kishis making sure we feel the full sting of the war right now i wonder why he didnt spread the deaths out more.. i wonder whos gonna go next and what the plan specifically is that wood jutsu was rediculous

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maybe Neji didn't die. ;)

Loved the chapter, poor Neji and Obito's words to Madara were awesome. Even tho it seems like its exactly what Madara wanted to hear according to his smile. Obito's taught and taking out that bird (who represented Neji) seems to foreshadow more deaths.

Rikudo-Sennin
Member Avatar
Rinnegan User
[ * ]
Gotta admit it, I hated seeing Neji die, I didn't expect him to die like that, in fact,I was not expecting him to die, why not Hinata's father? Or Hinata... ok, no, Hinata CAN'T DIE, even being the piece of sh*t character she is, fans couldn't afford her death and the fan rage would be inmense

Yeah, I'm somewhat pissed off, he was one of my favorite characters, specially from part 1, he had some badass fights and a great story, so seeing him die now is... yes, sad...

But it was a great chapter overall, Obito threatening Madara like that was fun, not to mention Madara's face when Obito said that he wanted to give the aliance more despair, it was hilarious.

And the friggin Juubi still has one more transformation?? Is this a Pokemon or what?? So there's still another form for it, I hope it will look cooler, since this form looks completely awful to my taste.

Akatstewie
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Wow. I never expected this. I was actually expecting more of the adults to die.

Naruto vs. Neji in part 1 was my favorite fight in the series. It looks like Obito has his own agenda as well.

10/10

RIP Neji.

Naruto no Kitsune
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rest in Peace Neji Hyuuga...

I enjoyed Obito's jutsu, it reminded me of Jiraiya's hair jutsu. Seeing Naruto release 3 Rasen Shurikens in sage mode was a pretty cool counter. Too bad he left himself wide open right afterwards. God, I really wish Hiashi had sacrificed his life instead, Neji was one of my favorite characters. I really hope he gets revived somehow.

I found Madara's comments interesting. Apparently he's still a corpse and needs Obito to sacrifice his life to bring him back. Obitio will probably end up being his downfall since he's his only ally yet harbors no respect for him. I'm a little confused about Obito's words though. I don't know if he meant sacrifice his life to seal the Juubi into Madara or if he would be sacrificing his life to perform the Rinne Tensei. If it's the latter then I don't know why Konan would speak as if Nagato would have survived if he had had more chakra at the time.

I'm glad the Juubi is getting another transformation because his current form doesn't look menacing to me at all. I hope it's worthy of a splash page.

What's Naruto's next move after watching a close comrade die?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMG, first happy we get the chapter early. This chapter beats even last chapter for me. Amazing!!! First Inoichi, Shikaku and Ao now someone from Konoha 11, Neji!! At first I thought it was Hiashi but omg I couldn't believe it. Neji is one of my favorite from Konoha 11 and love how Kishi went back to part one with him being called a genius. Watch out I think in the coming chapters Naruto is going to be super pissed. If I could give this one over a 10 I would. 10/10!! Prob get one more chapter before the year is out, the schedule kind of gets thrown off a little do to the holidays.

Also can't wait for the final juubi transformation. Obito is the key it seems as Madara wants to become the jinchuriki of the ten tails and can't do to being edo tensei. I think the animosity will grow between the two as time goes on.
Edited by narutofan85, Dec 18 2012, 03:22 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
What gets me mad, besides Neji dying, is that if only Naruto learned to control his Futon abilities and created some Futon jutsu of his own (besides FRS), he could have simply redirected the wood needles towards Obito and Madara. Saving countless lives. But no, Neji had to be given as a sacrifice. Naruto you better pull the best Talk-no-jutsu ever dude!

Orochimaru-sama
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Serious question here. Madara says that he cannot become a Jinchuriki because, as an Edo Tensei summon, he doesn't have a living body. Didn't the former hosts, after being resurrected by Kabuto, become Jinchuriki again once Obito got the Rinnegan?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply