Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Leafninja.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you rate this chapter?
10 - Excellent 17 (47.2%)
9 6 (16.7%)
8 4 (11.1%)
7 4 (11.1%)
6 2 (5.6%)
5 - Average 2 (5.6%)
4 0 (0%)
3 0 (0%)
2 0 (0%)
1 - Very Poor 1 (2.8%)
Total Votes: 36
Chapter 657 Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 3 2013, 11:41 PM (4,050 Views)
Shikamaru
Member Avatar
Paperwork Kage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Up much quicker this week, eh? Madara kicks a lot of ass, without a lot of explanation about what the hell is going on. Well, I mean we get some, Kishimoto is still holding back on us though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dragonblade
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I used to like the old Obito, it's kind of funny how he and Naruto were so similar. I really feel like they are interchangeable, in the sense that Obito could have easily turned out to be like Naruto (still aspiring to be Hokage), if the situation had been, right.

Also, maybe, Naruto would have turned out like Obito if he had been in Obito's situation.

I hope Obito's ending turns out to be better than what Zetsu is predicting for him, I feel like Zetsu will somehow show some softness towards him (although unlikely).

The whole Madara thing is really strange....no idea what he is doing or how he got so strong. I liked how Sasuke was saying how it was a mistake for him to get rid of Edo Tensei and how they are going to kill him for real.

Obviously, getting rid of Edo Tensei has unlocked his true strength, so I'm guessing all the Hokages aren't at their maximum strength because they don't have their real bodies? Or I wonder if that is just the case with Madara and the 1st.

I'm not sure how Madara can possibly take on all the Bijuu's but I guess with the powers he got from Hirashima's cells being added to his body, he has become a lot stronger. On that note, I also wonder what happened with Yamato. Is he still alive? Or is he still attached to that tree or w/e was happening with him....

Saninus
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
I am not a Madara fan but damn(!) this chapter was pretty badass. Loved how his eyes turned to dust and it didn't even slow him down. Little confused on how he dealt with the Amaterasu without his rinnegan though...

blaccshinobi
Member Avatar
the one who has mastered all the ocular jutsu
[ * ]
madara is a monster. i actually feel a sense of impending danger towards the characters. kishi has really saved himself with 656&657.

Paladin Leeroy
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Shikamaru
Dec 3 2013, 11:41 PM
Up much quicker this week, eh?
You have redeemed yourself.

toadsage06
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
wow, just overall a great chapter, it really showcased how much of a beast madara is.

James Bailey
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Lv3
[ * ]
dragonblade
Dec 4 2013, 12:14 AM
I'm guessing all the Hokages aren't at their maximum strength because they don't have their real bodies?
Yeah, I remember when they were revived the 2nd saying they weren't at full power. Any chance they'll be revived fully? Would be awesome, but I guess it's new generation time.

Madara is truly a beast! Can't wait to see how he takes on the Bijuu!

And for the love of God would someone pull those black rods out of the 1st!!

Descartes Uzumaki
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
First of all GREAT CHAPTER! The dialogue between Madara and Sasuke has been what we've been waiting for! But as of right now it looks like Sasuke is still on the good side for now, that is still subject to change seeing as though Sasuke has been manipulated several times. If Madara knew Sasuke's history he definitely would've put that to action by now.

It's also great to see his eyes go to dust since he's been revived and Zetsu having to give Madara his brother eyes again because their rinnegan and he gave them away right before his death. He was fighting Naruto the first and Sasuke blind Successful but apparently he has an absorbing jutsu without the rinnegan which is quite formidable. Kudos to Sasuke for attempting to take him out in his weakened blind state but it futile. I foresee a lot of deaths in the upcoming future and it looks like he's heading straight for the Bijuu! The alliance only hope if that nine tails and eight tails are still sealed but that hasn't stopped the Juubi from coming alive before.

silverythoughts
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Ah here we go. Not going to lie, was a bit fed up of Obito, Madara is so bad-ass :D

oskwab
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
My problem is, why was obito able to weave handseals and take possession of the juubi, even though he had those rods inserted into him but almighty hashirama could not move a muscle? is the will power of obito stronger than the source of the will of fire?

toadsage06
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
so it seems madara just took out the whole lot of fighters while blind O_o ,....all hail the mighty madara uchiha :-D

BHM1250
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Wow, you guys got up early for this chapter. O_o

This was a pretty awesome chapter. My favorite part is when Madara pulled a Vegeta like when Vegeta said to Gohan we're the last two saiyans after Goku seemingly died. Madara does the same by saying 'we're the last 2 Uchiha'.

Naruto shows his idiot side once more. Yeah, let's not attack someone who just forced himself back into the living with one of the strongest techniques in the world. Also, I don't see how Madara absorbed the Amerterasu. I guess I assume it was from using Preta Path's technique.

Also if Madara couldn't get anymore awesome, he appearantly absorbed Hashirama's sage mode. Now his taijutsu is untouchable.

Also, I loved how hard Black Zetsu jumped when he saw Minato and Kakashi dash towards him when he realized they were still there. Even had that Solid Snake exclamation mark. xD Although, I don't know why Black Zetsu called Obito useless. Since ya' know, he followed Madara's plans to the dot and he was around to see it all. I guess since he's 'Madara's will', he follows Madara's extremely high standards as Madara took an Amaterasu as being weak as rubble. Although, I like his fake out as he was only merely toying with Chojuro this whole time. I guess that makes sense, since a plant monster being pinned to the ground would most like travel through the ground.

And lastly, a blind Madara is going to play Pokémon with 7 Bijuu. 9/10

Edit:Also, why would Madara need Sasuke's eyes. What, is he going to unlocked some Super Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan? O_o He already has the Rinnegan.
Edited by BHM1250, Dec 4 2013, 07:54 AM.

Movado
Member Avatar
Jiraiya is alive!!
[ *  * ]
HAHAHAHAHA i love when im right... been called Sasuke is not evil he was a fake an he just super confirmed that, called that Obito was doing his OWN plan but people on here shot it down an that was super confirm.. i love thinking outside the box :)

Anyhow, How in the world was MADARA REVIVED??? i thought Rinnengan had a time limit? Im sure Madara died before Jiraiya, and since Madara was able to come back to life why Obitio didn't use his power to bring back RIN??? This is ridiculousness.

Oh, i guess the person to beat Madara will be Naruto, lets get ready for some super awesome Naruto upgrade.... Think Minato will finially give Naruto that gift.

BadKent
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nice chapter, it's about time we see someone actually not talking so damn much and kicking a** right away. I'm curious how Madara absorbed amaterasu, he didn't have his rinnegan and he does not have the gedo body so...?

I sorta figured that Zetsu was just laying around waiting for Madara to summon him, but for him to be scared of Itachi and Minato at this time just seems out of place.

Sasuke showing that he's not afraid of almighty Madara, I'm glad he stepped in as everyone else seemed to have been frozen at the sight of the living Madara.

As someone stated earlier, why hasn't someone taken the rods out of Hashirama, I mean for crying out loud people, Sasuke made an opening, SNAP OUT OF IT!!

Currently it seems like Madara is almighty, I hope kishis doesn't try to use the Senju energy card again. I'd hate to see that Senju energy is the only thing that will hurt Madara.

Good chapter, finally what was waited for has been delivered. Things I'd expect to see... Zetsu being sealed, destroyed or absorbed. Naruto getting the other half of Kurama back in him or all bijuus in him. Someone (preferably Hashirama) extracting his cells from Madara.

Last but not least, I would like to see Yamato make a return and possibly take care of Zetsu!

Salamanca
Member Avatar
Can't kill an idea
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was it confirm that there's a time limit and not a range to it? Would explain how every single close to Nagato( who was near konoha) was able to revive those people. Same thing with Obito except he was able to simply pin point to a single target.

Sir Kisame
Member Avatar
Shape-Shifting Shark
[ * ]
Can't remember where Hashirama got impaled with the chakra rods... Other than that pretty cool.

Black zetsu was already (almost) fully around Obito by the end of 656, forming the hole for the eye to see out of, yet in this chapter he was outside of the body.

Mohrpheus
Member Avatar
Jounin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So that's why he doesn't need Edo Tensei anymore. Thinking back, he did foreshadow this during his battle with the Gokage when he mentioned that Hashirama could heal his wounds without any hand seals. On top of that, he already mentioned that he would use Hashirama's sage power - he may have had his cells, but he did not have his senjutsu chakra. Interesting that he was able to absorb Amaterasu's flames, but how was he able to do so if the Rinnegan is temporarily lost? At least, I presume that the Preta jutsu is what he was using. I still have a hard time imagining that he can capture all seven of the tailed beasts just like that, but then again, Hashirama's power did allow him to control the beasts in the first place...

Also, it was pretty awesome to see Black Zetsu make his move. I had always figured that slipping away from Chojuro would be a simple matter considering his special ability. Obito is on the brink of death, but for the time being, he makes for a convenient distraction for Minato and Kakashi. The fact that he is still alive at all makes me wonder if he will somehow survive this whole ordeal after all, or if he will manage to make a difference in this battle in another way.

chingu91
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
This chapter was great. They have to make madara look badass after obito became the 10 tails host, otherwise it would of been a let down. Considering this is the final arc we should expect to see some radical things. What i want to know is how naruto and sasuke plan to fight madara. They already tried combining their techniques against obito so this should be interesting. Looking forward to the second hokage joining in and the fourth finally getting back his arm after obito dies. We all know that orichimaru is goign to save sasuke at one point in this battle and give his life up in the process. SO many things to come, can't wait.

flcpge
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Madara could have shut down Amaterasu. I forgot the chapter, but Obito took Sasuke after his fight with Itachi. When Sasuke saw Obito's sharingan, he involuntarily used Amaterasu on Tobi beause of Itachi. Obito then stopped the flames.

Madara's eyes crumbled away, so I don't know how he could use the Rinnegan or Sharingan abilities.

c2cold2
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
It didnt look like he got rid of amatersu; just took off the shirt that it was attached to

Descartes Uzumaki
Member Avatar
Genin
[ *  * ]
One thing that annoyed me was Naruto standing there and just looking at Madara. When has Naruto ever sat back and first studied his opponent? He always attacks first and ask questions later and now he chooses to leave it up to Sasuke and tells him not to attack when Madara is blind. Makes no sense.

On another note I like how Madara refers to Obito as his underling when talking about Hashi's face being attached to his chest. Just classic Madara at its finest.

narutofan85
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
Another amazing chapter! Madara is such a badass. Fighting basically blind and still being able to dodge attacks and taking people out. I want to know why he doesn't have his eyesight though. He had the rinnegan the time of his death as seen in the Obito flashback. Also when someone is summoned back through edo tensei they're summoned back he way they were when they died. So a little confused on that. Also wopuld like to know about this healing ability. I think it may have to do with the senju dna. As Madara stated to Tsunade, Hashirama could heal himself without weaving any hand signs. Seems like he is absorbing chakra and healing himself with it, interesting. Obito needs to die, I hope Madara just rips it out of him and kills him. And Madara stating it's time to hunt down those filthy monsters, hilarious! To me he has surpassed Orochimaru as best villain of the series. 10/10

Lunacy Divine
Member Avatar
Goodnight, sweet prince.
[ *  *  *  * ]
narutofan85
Dec 4 2013, 12:40 PM
To me he has surpassed Orochimaru as best villain of the series.

I'm going to second this notion, although his absorption of Amaterasu was way too convenient for my liking since he's no longer a Rinnegan user. I can only wager he somehow managed to activate the Preta technique a split second before losing his eyes.

dragonblade

Obviously, getting rid of Edo Tensei has unlocked his true strength, so I'm guessing all the Hokages aren't at their maximum strength because they don't have their real bodies? Or I wonder if that is just the case with Madara and the 1st.

Kabuto's earlier comments seemed to indicate that the revived were usually at maximum capacity, so I'd assume Edo Tensei just isn't capable of containing the full destructive power of monsters like Madara and Hashirama.

Sinedd
Member Avatar
Ninja Academy Student
[ * ]
Since Sasuke couldn't kill Obito, now is after Madara, but what he does it's a big mistake for him becuse Madara is waaay stronger than Sasuke. Why would he want to kill a Uchiha? He really wants to be the last Uchiha? Madara wants him by his side, still he refuses.
Zetsu took control over Obito, Uchiha doesn't die so easily, right? We will see Obito longer than we expected. Obito went through many changes!!!! From mask to mask, without mask, Jinchuuriki and now another "change", his face is divided in 2. One Obito, one Zetsu, cool!
@Descartes Uzumaki I hope you are right about the killing. If Madara will not kill anynone I will be dissappointed!

The Tsuchikage
Member Avatar
Chuunin
[ *  *  * ]
An acquaintance of an underling ... Kabuto? Zetsu?

I wonder why he lost his eyes.

And it seems Black Zetsu is an ink blot and the rest of him is a mindless white Zetsu body.

Glad to see SOMEONE (Sasuke) is lobbing jutsu and not just waiting to see what happens.

Sai... glad he is at least there

Where are the Gokage and the 3rd and 2nd? Oro? Conservation of Ninjutsu warning! haha. Better they fight him one on one

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Naruto Manga (Caution: Spoilers!) · Next Topic »
Add Reply